cprmauldin

What RPG's are you currently playing?

So I went through the full list of missable stuff in Stick of Truth and I’m basically missing only one collectable from a section of the game maybe one hour behind where I currently am. None of my save files go back that far however. What sucks is that it’s a location on the map that you visit for the story but you can go back to the entrance of this location whenever you want. The door is just locked. There is no reason for them to do this.

Really kills my enthusiasm to keep going when I’m still somewhat early in, yet don’t want to flush all my progress down the drain.

5 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
5 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:
Isn’t that just the placeholder date? Or did they finally confirm a release date for the Switch version?

It's gone back and forth. Currently it's a placeholder.

That’s what I thought. Seemed like it’s in a hit or miss state right now. Hopefully for your sake it releases sooner rather than later. Reminds me of how we were in a state of silence for Cold Steel 2’s PS4 release for quite awhile before we finally got the confirmation on a May release last year.

RPG wise I’m done with the next major battle in Three Houses. It was a fog of war map, but oddly enough you could destroy the fog by killing a particular enemy. I don’t remember other Fire Emblem games (that I’ve played) having that happen, so I was surprised that was a mechanic.

Everyone managed to get over level 5 too before the battle, so I was able to change everyone’s class around before the fight. I’m glad too, as some characters were beginning to need the stat boosts from classes. The speed stat seems like it’s going to be very important in this game.

In Dragon Quest III Switch, Baramos has been defeated and now I can head to Alefgard. Not having Multiheal was HELL. Now I know why I always try and get it before fighting Baramos.

I'm so all over the place lately & don't know what to focus on.

Grandia II - Was making good progress, reached the religious city and then the next one, and then somehow forgot I was playing.

Puzzle Quest Switch - Stupid sale and the ease of playing this while watching TV had me doing this for the past 10 days or so.

Trails in the Sky 2 - unexpected time Sunday with the dude who modded my Vita and now I know how to add games myself. Discoverd Sky 2 & 3 were ported to Vita in Japan and fan translations exist. Now I'm 3ish hours into 2 TitS.

Romancing SaGa 2 - stopped that for now.

Strange Journey Redux - forgot to charge 3DS and keep forgetting to.

18 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I'm so all over the place lately & don't know what to focus on.

Grandia II - Was making good progress, reached the religious city and then the next one, and then somehow forgot I was playing.

Puzzle Quest Switch - Stupid sale and the ease of playing this while watching TV had me doing this for the past 10 days or so.

Trails in the Sky 2 - unexpected time Sunday with the dude who modded my Vita and now I know how to add games myself. Discoverd Sky 2 & 3 were ported to Vita in Japan and fan translations exist. Now I'm 3ish hours into 2 TitS.

Romancing SaGa 2 - stopped that for now.

Strange Journey Redux - forgot to charge 3DS and keep forgetting to.

It’s a spotty mix of games. Spots like on a plant. A certain kind of plant worth 20 quarters...

Chomp. Chomp.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 9:27 AM, DrippySlimeStar said:

Final Fantasy VII remake just got delayed to April so I might end up getting Tokyo Mirage Sessions sooner than later. All depends on those Kakarot reviews, whenever those come out...

So outlets got their Kakarot copies today and that is not looking good for reviews. The gameplay I've seen looks cool so I may end up getting it anyways but will I do it on launch day or later? Find out on the next episode of DrippySlimeStar's forum post.

So outlets got their Kakarot copies today and that is not looking good for reviews. The gameplay I've seen looks cool so I may end up getting it anyways but will I do it on launch day or later? Find out on the next episode of DrippySlimeStar's forum post.
You have a link to any reviews?

38 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I hope on the next episode we finally see what happens to the Mysterious Mr. WAR in his battle with Lady Gilligan. It’s been a real nail biter wondering what happens.

Oh, and you should get Dragon Ball FighterZ. That’s a good Dragon Ball game.

Yeah, we got the code yesterday at RPGamer. The guy who's been doing a lot of DQ games (he gave DQB2 a 4.5 and DQXI S a 5/5) has it I think. It might be a while before reviews drop.

I am working on the Baulder's Gate collection for Switch currently and some Puzzle Quest Switch. Just finished Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear and moving onto BG2 (going to skip the Pits as that doesn't interest me).

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:
1 hour ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

You have a link to any reviews?

They likely won't come out until next week unless someone rushes to finish it in order to get up a review.

27 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I hope on the next episode we finally see what happens to the Mysterious Mr. WAR in his battle with Lady Gilligan. It’s been a real nail biter wondering what happens.

Oh, and you should get Dragon Ball FighterZ. That’s a good Dragon Ball game.

I'm not a fighting game person. I have Xenoverse on PS4 but couldn't figure out what to do after I finished creating my character...gave me shades of being trapped in my room in Pokémon Yellow when I was a kid.

I'll likely end up getting the game. Work gave us a $25 pre paid Visa and Walmart will likely have it for $50. I have no problem pay $25 out of pocket for a game that, from what I've seen, looks enjoyable.

20 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
20 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:
Isn’t that just the placeholder date? Or did they finally confirm a release date for the Switch version?

It's gone back and forth. Currently it's a placeholder.

Oh. 

Well, shows how much I know about these things. 

For better or worse, the Den is my main source for game news....and I am now informed. 

Do you guys have any thoughts on when the game will actually be released? 

43 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

They likely won't come out until next week unless someone rushes to finish it in order to get up a review.

I'm not a fighting game person. I have Xenoverse on PS4 but couldn't figure out what to do after I finished creating my character...gave me shades of being trapped in my room in Pokémon Yellow when I was a kid.

I'll likely end up getting the game. Work gave us a $25 pre paid Visa and Walmart will likely have it for $50. I have no problem pay $25 out of pocket for a game that, from what I've seen, looks enjoyable.

Seriously? You give a straight face answer to the Dragon Ball comment but didn’t even respond to my silliness? Sigh....

Oh. 

For better or worse, the Den is my main source for game news....and I am now informed. 

I can't imagine it's much past March or April. It's been out in Japan for a while, so it's not a programming issue I'd assume. It should be early Spring.

1 hour ago, cprmauldin said:

Oh. 

Probably sometime between March - May. Same thing happened with Cold Steel 2 PS4 last year and we never found out why it was delayed.

It will probably be a spring release.

55 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Seriously? You give a straight face answer to the Dragon Ball comment but didn’t even respond to my silliness? Sigh....

I'd have to understand your reference first.

Well...looks like I'm gonna be playing Fire Emblem Three Houses. After today's Smash reveal it seems like a good time and I almost got it before but hadn't played a Fire Emblem other than Awakening and Sacred Stones waaaay back in the day. Plus it's not "turn based" like I wanted to stay away from.

Edited by DrippySlimeStar

On 1/15/2020 at 9:09 AM, Plattym3 said:
On 1/15/2020 at 8:23 AM, cprmauldin said:
Oh. 

I can't imagine it's much past March or April. It's been out in Japan for a while, so it's not a programming issue I'd assume. It should be early Spring.

On 1/15/2020 at 9:50 AM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Probably sometime between March - May. Same thing happened with Cold Steel 2 PS4 last year and we never found out why it was delayed.

It will probably be a spring release.

Meh, works for me. 

Between DQ XI, Trials of Mana, Diablo III, and DQ Builders (Which I just got for PS4), I'll be plenty busy until whenever they decide to release it. 

Thanks guys!

• Like 1

Well...looks like I'm gonna be playing Fire Emblem Three Houses. After today's Smash reveal it seems like a good time and I almost got it before but hadn't played a Fire Emblem other than Awakening and Sacred Stones waaaay back in the day. Plus it's not "turn based" like I wanted to stay away from.
Don't you have a Dragon Ball game to play?

On 1/15/2020 at 7:53 AM, Woodus said:

I am working on the Baulder's Gate collection for Switch currently and some Puzzle Quest Switch. Just finished Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear and moving onto BG2 (going to skip the Pits as that doesn't interest me).

How do the BG games play on the small screen? They're on my amazon shopping list but I keep rotating them to the bottom for fear of not enjoying them in handheld mode. 

7 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
3 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Don't you have a Dragon Ball game to play?

It's looking that way. I wrote this while the Smash reveal was going on so my brain was set to Fire Emblem mode. Then I checked Metacritic, saw the 81 and read the text previews of the reviews and impressions and decided Kakarot is the one I want to play. One of these days I'll be able to make a decision and stick to it...maybe.

• Like 1

It's looking that way. I wrote this while the Smash reveal was going on so my brain was set to Fire Emblem mode. Then I checked Metacritic, saw the 81 and read the text previews of the reviews and impressions and decided Kakarot is the one I want to play. One of these days I'll be able to make a decision and stick to it...maybe.
I've been ALL OVER THE PLACE since November. Can't stick to anything. Maybe Trails in the Sky 2 is going to be it.

3 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

We’ve all been there.

3 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

How do the BG games play on the small screen? They're on my amazon shopping list but I keep rotating them to the bottom for fear of not enjoying them in handheld mode. 

Font can get pretty small, you can up the font size, but for some things that a font bump will roll to the next line it won't make it larger. I have probably played 40% in handheld mode, isn't terrible, but definitely easier to read on a big screen.

11ish hours into Trails in the Sky 2. Haven't even finished Chapter 1 as I've been playing too much lately while doing other stuff and just fighting and wandering around. Really enjoying it! Excited to keep playing.

In other news, there was a strange noise last night. Ended up taking a cracked baseball bat from my sister and using it to whack some neighborhood dogs and wildlife outside. Cops say it might've been a meteorite, but they've taken off due to too much local gang activity.