cprmauldin

What RPG's are you currently playing?

55 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

You're talking about @YangustheLegendaryBandit who replayed (all? Most?) of Suikoden 2 due to a single missed person. He likes to complete! emoji6.png

That moment was such a slap in the face. I enjoyed that game, but that was a major #$*! you moment especially since it’s the ONE TIME in the game you have a time limit to choose a response. It’s even more strict if you said anything to Garudo (one of the NPCs) earlier on in the game.

At least with what I had to do in Three Houses it only took about an hour and half to get back to where I was thanks to skipping text and battle animations instead of 20 hours just to speed through a full game again. 

I’m over my rant from earlier and didn’t mess with the difficulty, but man, that kind of stuff is why I don’t like calendar systems in my RPGs. Maybe I missed the warning that going to a battle will move time along, but I sure don’t remember any point where the game said it would.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Was playing Oceanhorn for a few hours for some reason. That game is...not good lol. Gonna finish up the greatest game ever made now.

1 minute ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Was playing Oceanhorn for a few hours for some reason. That game is...not good lol.

I tried playing it a couple months ago and it was definitely most certainly a Zelda clone.

I tried playing it a couple months ago and it was definitely most certainly a Zelda clone.
I played the first one a few years back.

I kinda miss the old Zelda formula. We may not get any new games in that style. It's nice to have a Zelda competitor.

21 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

I played the first one a few years back.

I kinda miss the old Zelda formula. We may not get any new games in that style. It's nice to have a Zelda competitor.

Wasn’t that Link’s Awakening remake made in that style?

Wasn’t that Link’s Awakening remake made in that style?
That's why I said new Zelda games. Remakes don't count.

36 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

That's why I said new Zelda games. Remakes don't count.

Give it time. We could see another sequel game like A Link Between Worlds that goes back to the older formula.

I would be pretty content with the Capcom GBC games getting the Link's Awakening treatment.

• Like 1

I would be pretty content with the Capcom GBC games getting the Link's Awakening treatment.
Which ones?

22 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

See, I’m in total agreement and it’s why I keep saying it should happen. I think Oracle of Seasons and Ages would make sense to remake for the Switch. I’d be happy about that since those two are in my top 5 Zelda games. I kind of cheat and put them at the same spot, but I figure it works since the two games have a direct connection with one another and can be played in either order.

Actually played all 3 of my active games this weekend, almost equally: Dragon Quest XI: S, Diablo III, and Trials of Mana.

Trials of Mana is getting increasingly fun now that I’ve had a full party for a while. The menus for equipment and such do feel a little clunky, but as I’ve mentioned before, it’s been a few years  since I played a mid-90’s RPG. 

I’m having a lot of fun with Stick of Truth. I’m running around doing all the side quests and stuff. I really enjoyed the Mongolian boss fight in particular. I’m still pretty early in, but I felt that “click” during today’s session that gives me the drive to keep going.

4 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
4 hours ago, Twinkie said:

Which ones?

Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons. Both games have very unique styles and were probably the most difficult Zelda games to date.

4 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

See, I’m in total agreement and it’s why I keep saying it should happen. I think Oracle of Seasons and Ages would make sense to remake for the Switch. I’d be happy about that since those two are in my top 5 Zelda games. I kind of cheat and put them at the same spot, but I figure it works since the two games have a direct connection with one another and can be played in either order.

It is pretty hard to not put the games together. I agree with you on that. Especially with the integration with each other. It would be a godsend to be able to transfer files to each other without having dumb passwords or dealing with two gameboys and a link cable.

While we are on the subject matter. I would love to see Capcom take another shot at the series in general.

About 26 hours into Persona 4 and I'm enjoying it. Rescued Kanji and am currently farting around until the next incident happens. Other than Persona 4, I've been playing some random Game Boy games and got back into playing Picross games again after watching a friend on twitch play a Konami Picross game a few days ago.

• Like 2

I really hate this. Ever since this weekend, I have an urge to do another playthrough of DQXI. I might just do a normal 3D playthrough and just rush through the game this weekend to get it out of my system.

• Like 1

Final Fantasy VII remake just got delayed to April so I might end up getting Tokyo Mirage Sessions sooner than later. All depends on those Kakarot reviews, whenever those come out...

30 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Final Fantasy VII remake just got delayed to April so I might end up getting Tokyo Mirage Sessions sooner than later. All depends on those Kakarot reviews, whenever those come out...

Probably for the best. March is a pretty stacked month and Nintendo decided that was the month they ALSO wanted to drop Pokémon Mystery Dungeon on top of everything else.

2 hours ago, eal said:

Probably for the best. March is a pretty stacked month and Nintendo decided that was the month they ALSO wanted to drop Pokémon Mystery Dungeon on top of everything else.

What else is out in March?

32 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

What else is out in March?

Doom, Animal Crossing, Nioh 2, Persona 5 Royal, that new Half Life game, obviously that Pokémon Mystery Dungeon remake, and a few other smaller games like Ori and the Will of the Wisps. Final Fantasy VII Remake would have come out with those games as well. I had it in my head that Cyberpunk 2077 was coming out in March too but it’s actually early April.

Edited by eal

1 hour ago, eal said:

Doom, Animal Crossing, Nioh 2, Persona 5 Royal, that new Half Life game, obviously that Pokémon Mystery Dungeon remake, and a few other smaller games like Ori and the Will of the Wisps. Final Fantasy VII Remake would have come out with those games as well. I had it in my head that Cyberpunk 2077 was coming out in March too but it’s actually early April.

Oh. Didn’t even realize March was as packed as it was with games.

I'm interested in exactly zero of them, but I've heard a bit of the chatter.

46 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Neither did I.

I am suddenly interested in Feb 25th though *cough* Rune Factory 4 *cough*

I’m disappointed to find out that a lot of equipment and quests and friends in Stick of Truth are missable. A number of locations are locked away from you after you leave them. I missed a couple too, so it’s literally impossible to achieve 100% completion in my current save file.

21 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I'm interested in exactly zero of them, but I've heard a bit of the chatter.

Yeah, I’m mostly the same. Still playing catch up with games so whatever actually does come out in March that I may get like Animal Crossing or the Pokémon mystery dungeon game are going to wait.

13 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

Neither did I.

I am suddenly interested in Feb 25th though *cough* Rune Factory 4 *cough*

Isn’t that just the placeholder date? Or did they finally confirm a release date for the Switch version?

Isn’t that just the placeholder date? Or did they finally confirm a release date for the Switch version?
It's gone back and forth. Currently it's a placeholder.