cprmauldin

What RPG's are you currently playing?

Oh okay.   

So I'm going to need to get this game based upon this. 

Haha. They must have fixed that sprite from SNES-era. I mean it's a 3 pixel bewb, but it's obvious the lady transforms into a topless mermaid. 

Super NSFW

da02724ee0d5dead3cb7f6703b1c35f9.jpg

It's ok. I also recruited a penis head dude in Strange Journey. It was an interesting night.

Any game with what Matt said is worth it.

But seriously, Romancing SaGa 2 is a good game. It can be difficult and a little frustrating at times, but it holds up well. If you love SNES era RPGs you’ll no doubt enjoy it. I didn’t have much experience with the SaGa series before starting it, but after playing the game I want to get Romancing SaGa 3 and SaGa Scarlet Grace: Ambitions.
I can say that Romancing SaGa 2 does feel like what you would expect from a good quality Square RPG. Other than a few gameplay nitpicks I’ve really enjoyed Romancing SaGa 2, and I’m looking forward to playing more games in the series in the future. Especially Scarlet Grace, as I’ve heard nothing but good things about that game.
Yeah, I'm thinking I'm sticking with it to the end, but it might be a while before I try another SaGa game. With 50+ titles in my backlog and some really LONG games to get through, maybe something less frustrating next.

Would love to finish RS2 and Strange Journey before New Years. I have my final class in about 30 minutes, Winter Break starts tomorrow afternoon, just a couple car lines and holiday parties to get through.

Planning on heading to NC after Christmas and the last time we did that I powered through 40+ hours of DQB1 in about 10 days, so perhaps the gaming gods can provide again!

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

With 50+ titles in my backlog

After reading the last few posts, I did not read that as titles ;)

• Like 1

After reading the last few posts, I did not read that as titles
Wow, would my wife be pissed.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
12 minutes ago, Woodus said:
After reading the last few posts, I did not read that as titles emoji6.png

You never know. She could be fine with it. 😜

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

You never know. She could be fine with it. 😜

Woah.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woodus said:

After reading the last few posts, I did not read that as titles ;)

I'm just now realizing I read it wrong as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
2 hours ago, Woodus said:

1 hour ago, cprmauldin said:

Woah.

1 hour ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I'm just now realizing I read it wrong as well.

This whole discussion reminded me of this song from Metalocolypse since it fits in with what we’ve brought up. I blame Platty and his mermaid boobs for this.

18 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

but it's obvious the lady transforms into a topless mermaid. 

You get to

Spoiler

recruit a class of topless women also, and your emperor can even be one.

Edited by Sumez
  • Like 1

With Pokemon Silver done, I'm playing Pocket Monsters Green and am currently at Lavender Town. Probably going to keep my team small this time around, like a team of four Pokemon. I already have a Venusaur and Lapras, but I'm thinking of having Porygon and maybe Marowak on my team. The language barrier isn't a huge issue since I have the prima guide and have been writing down what each move and item is in English in a notebook.

• Like 1

Bought Final Fantasy 7 on Switch last night. There seems to be franchise sales on various platforms if you're interested. I recently bought Final Fantasy 15 too so you might as well just take away my Dragon Quest fan card. I've played both but I want to give 7 a thorough playthrough after rushing through with god mode on PS4 before and 15 is the Royal Edition so it has all the DLC and with all the updates from over the years is basically a different game from what I played at launch.

17 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Bought Final Fantasy 7 on Switch last night. There seems to be franchise sales on various platforms if you're interested. I recently bought Final Fantasy 15 too so you might as well just take away my Dragon Quest fan card. I've played both but I want to give 7 a thorough playthrough after rushing through with god mode on PS4 before and 15 is the Royal Edition so it has all the DLC and with all the updates from over the years is basically a different game from what I played at launch.

Final Fantasy VII was on the game recommendations list for me when I checked my Switch stats a few days ago. I had a very good laugh about that one being on the list.

Final Fantasy VII was on the game recommendations list for me when I checked my Switch stats a few days ago. I had a very good laugh about that one being on the list.
FFIX was on mine. I really should play that one, it's the last one I think I'd be interested in.

11 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
36 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

FFIX was on mine. I really should play that one, it's the last one I think I'd be interested in.

36 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Yep IX was on my recommendations too. Probably because I've checked the store page a few times to see if it's on sale. I'd like to give that one a try.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
38 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

That was the last numbered game I was interested in playing. No real desire to look into 7 or 8, but 9 seemed interesting. Character designs caught my eye when I was younger and I found a sealed brand new copy for $20 back in 2014. Played it and loved it. Definitely one of the best games in the series and one of my favorite RPGs.

1 minute ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Yep IX was on my recommendations too. Probably because I've checked the store page a few times to see if it's on sale. I'd like to give that one a try.

It is a good one. Fun fact, Nobuo Uematsu considers FF9’s soundtrack his favorite one from the series.

When I joined the Playstation revolution late, I actually bought an ebay auction with a PS1, DQ7, FF7, FF8, and FF9. I put maybe 30 minutes into both FF7 and FF8 and sold the 3 of them a month later. No regrets.

On 12/18/2019 at 10:28 AM, Plattym3 said:
On 12/18/2019 at 10:21 AM, Woodus said:
On 12/18/2019 at 8:31 AM, Plattym3 said:

With 50+ titles in my backlog

What gets me is the lack of a nice, concrete, even number. That 50+ makes it sound like there's an odd number in your backlog, and that makes me uncomfortable.

Anyway, so I picked up an extra couple of 3rd Party RPGs called Alphadia and Ash for the 3DS and I'm approximately 30%? of the way through the first one. Pretty straightforward stuff for an RPG, with four-man team combat and six party members so far. On the whole, it's pretty basic; the pacing's not the greatest, frontloading most of the plot into the intro and stuffing your party full of characters before you leave the first town. Not much in the way of vignettes, either, so each step is only part of the main overall quest. They have a neat elemental combo system that I like, probably because it's the most complex part of the game.

Edited by JaybirdC

What gets me is the lack of a nice, concrete, even number. That 50+ makes it sound like there's an odd number in your backlog, and that makes me uncomfortable.
Anyway, so I picked up an extra couple of 3rd Party RPGs called Alphadia and Ash for the 3DS and I'm approximately 30%? of the way through the first one. Pretty straightforward stuff for an RPG, with four-man team combat and six party members so far. On thw whole, it's pretty basic; the pacing's not the greatest, frontloading most of the plot into the intro and stuffing your party full of characters before you leave the first town. Not much in the way of vignettes, either, so each step is only part of the main overall quest. They have a neat elemental combo system that I like, probably because it's the most complex part of the game.

So... Kemco?

27 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

So... Kemco?

The publisher? Yep. I've never played their games, I just grabbed some middle-market RPGs to try and see if they had anything decent.

It's given me some basic ideas about game design, though, like how the world map shouldn't be completely available from the start (Alphadia's world map is completely available from the start); I prefer when it's grayed out, which heightens the sense of exploration for the whole game and gives me a guide to spot-checking in the late game for places I haven't been to yet.

Employing an orthodox turn-based battle system, Alphadia evokes a feeling of nostalgia with its classic RPG style.

Orthodox? But I'm Catholic.

In addition, its refined game balance and simple to use interface make this game accessible to players of any skill level while at the same time offering 30+ hours of gameplay.

Would this be a bad time to point out that the drop rate screwed me over while I was working on the first item quest and I've been over-leveled since before the second town?

• Like 1

That matmaid quest in Romancing SaGa 2 was 100% pointless and annoying time unwell spent. Screw it, I need some new excitement. After reviewing 10 games in almost 10 months for RPGamer I've done all of 2 in the past 5 months. But something short and timely popped up today for review. I love this company and their games, and they're nice and short so that@eal won't make fun of me. ca3e775095e4d1335e8e6c1524edae81.jpgd61e09a77374adcee975854bbcf29646.jpg201b4071b77506400de8338f7be45963.jpg

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

So... Kemco?

Yep, sounds like a Kemco game from everything Jaybird described.

5 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

That matmaid quest in Romancing SaGa 2 was 100% pointless and annoying time unwell spent.

I thought that by completing that quest a brand new race became playable? From what I saw:

Spoiler

You unlock the Nereid race, which are essentially mermaids, as party members by doing the mermaid side quest.

I mean, you should go ahead and take your break too. Now I can possibly catch up to you and win this race of ours. 😜

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

I thought that by completing that quest a brand new race became playable? From what I saw:
Spoiler

You unlock the Nereid race, which are essentially mermaids, as party members by doing the mermaid side quest.

I mean, you should go ahead and take your break too. Now I can possibly catch up to you and win this race of ours.

I unlocked that while doing the quest, yes. Completing the quest is pointless from what I see. No reward. No new area. Just a new emperor and 20 minutes more of getting a new party together. I'm going to do more of that Mystery Maze thing for a bit to make tons of money.

15 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
26 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:
Spoiler
  Reveal hidden contents

I mean, you should go ahead and take your break too. Now I can possibly catch up to you and win this race of ours. emoji12.png

I unlocked that while doing the quest, yes. Completing the quest is pointless from what I see. No reward. No new area. Just a new emperor and 20 minutes more of getting a new party together. I'm going to do more of that Mystery Maze thing for a bit to make tons of money.

I mean, now you know one of your ancestors got it on with a mermaid. Your scope of bachelorettes just opened up a whole new world. I’m sure you could find one who would want to be part of it. 😘

But yeah, the Maze is a good place to check out. I went there and was able to unlock one of the new classes. I need to go back at some point and unlock the other new one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

d61e09a77374adcee975854bbcf29646.jpg201b4071b77506400de8338f7be45963.jpg

The meter breaking down in the second screenshot makes me uncomfortable.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

That matmaid quest in Romancing SaGa 2 was 100% pointless and annoying time unwell spent. Screw it, I need some new excitement. After reviewing 10 games in almost 10 months for RPGamer I've done all of 2 in the past 5 months. But something short and timely popped up today for review. I love this company and their games, and they're nice and short so that@eal won't make fun of me. ca3e775095e4d1335e8e6c1524edae81.jpgd61e09a77374adcee975854bbcf29646.jpg201b4071b77506400de8338f7be45963.jpg

I actually heard of this a few days before it came out. Was gonna get it but it’s PC at the moment and I’d rather wait for 2020 in hopes of a Switch port. But speaking of those developers, I need a game for Christmas week when I’m not at home and I’m bouncing between picking either one of the Vita Rayman games or Cosmic Star Heroine.