cprmauldin

What RPG's are you currently playing?

5 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I heard Strange Journey was designed to be SMT IV but couldn't becuase of 1 simple edict regarding the series: apparently all mainline games must be set in Japan.

Yeah, that’s true. It’s still regarded as a main series game despite no numbering to it. Same with Shin Megami Tensei If... for the Super Famicom.

Fun fact: in the Japanese version of Strange Journey the protagonist comes from Japan, while in the English translations of the game the protagonist comes from America. The change was done to help players attach to the protagonist a bit more and to show off how the cast of humans in the game come from different countries of the world.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Yeah, that’s true. It’s still regarded as a main series game despite no numbering to it. Same with Shin Megami Tensei If... for the Super Famicom.

Fun fact: in the Japanese version of Strange Journey the protagonist comes from Japan, while in the English translations of the game the protagonist comes from America. The change was done to help players attach to the protagonist a bit more and to show off how the cast of humans in the game come from different countries of the world.

I think you & @eal have given me a good idea to play both.  Hell, I could probably platinum both P4 and P5 in the time it takes to do Strange Journey.  Haha, but I won't.  Platty & platinum don't mix.

On 11/10/2019 at 6:09 AM, Plattym3 said:
On 11/9/2019 at 3:01 PM, Prince of Cannock said:
Just started playing Romancing Saga 2. Should be pretty fun. I’ll post more on this later.

Please do, the Saga games have come to interest me more since Alliance Alive

Romancing Saga 2 is very difficult. Well, at least the Seven Heroes are (the rest of the game seems easy enough).

I’m currently taking a break from RS2, for a while, so I don’t get burned out from all the skill level grinding. I will eventually come back to it, though. Currently playing Outer Worlds, and will probably play Star Ocean:First Departure R, next.

Edited by Prince of Cannock
  • Like 1

Romancing Saga 2 is very difficult. Well, at least the Seven Heroes are (the rest of the game seems easy enough).
I’m currently taking a break from RS2, for a while, so I don’t get burned out from all the skill level grinding. I will eventually come back to it, though. Currently playing Outer Worlds, and will probably play Star Ocean:First Departure R, next.
I almost raised my hand to get a review code for Romancing SaGa 3 today. But it was for the PS4 version and I rarely play that. Looked to see if it'd be a cross buy with Vita, but no. I think I have 2 for Vita. I have tons on my Vita I need to get to.

6 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

P4 Dancing is only 10 hours? I thought with all the story it'd be longer. P3 dancing was almost exactly 10 for me. I think my final save was a little past 9:50.

One of those Dancing games might likely be a good call. Keep both Atlus properties going!

The story is about 10 hours. It’s basically a visual novel. Each song is tied to a part of the story. For example, they’re going through the Midnight Stage and they end up at on a stage and the way they fight Shadows is dancing, so Yukiko goes, “I’ll handle this, guys!” and then you do a remix of Snowflakes with Yukiko as the dancer.

I’m going to be honest, the first two hours of story is rough because it’s mostly introducing you to the plot without much gameplay, but you can pretty much unlock every song in Free Dance or whatever the mode is called, including the final boss song, except for a few hidden songs. I feel like the story picks up and starts to legitimately get fun to play as soon as you transition to the Dojimas and Kanami Mashita. Also, I’d say the music is better than what was in the other two games.

• Like 1

The story is about 10 hours. It’s basically a visual novel. Each song is tied to a part of the story. For example, they’re going through the Midnight Stage and they end up at on a stage and the way they fight Shadows is dancing, so Yukiko goes, “I’ll handle this, guys!” and then you do a remix of Snowflakes with Yukiko as the dancer.
I’m going to be honest, the first two hours of story is rough because it’s mostly introducing you to the plot without much gameplay, but you can pretty much unlock every song in Free Dance or whatever the mode is called, including the final boss song, except for a few hidden songs. I feel like the story picks up and starts to legitimately get fun to play as soon as you transition to the Dojimas and Kanami Mashita. Also, I’d say the music is better than what was in the other two games.
Nice! I just looked on HLTB. I have no idea where I got the 25 hour thing. Thought I looked that up when I did the P3 Dancing game last December, but I guess not. Maybe it's because I paid $25 for it. Haha, thanks. P4 is my favorite cast, so I'll start there.

18 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
19 hours ago, Prince of Cannock said:

I almost raised my hand to get a review code for Romancing SaGa 3 today. But it was for the PS4 version and I rarely play that. Looked to see if it'd be a cross buy with Vita, but no. I think I have 2 for Vita. I have tons on my Vita I need to get to.

I was super close to getting a Vita about two years ago. 

As much as there are games I want to play on it, I'm glad I didn't. It would have just been another backlog generator. 

Began both games!

I'm 2.5 hours into Strange Journey and enjoying it.

Just got 30 minutes into P4 Dancing.

As much as there are games I want to play on it, I'm glad I didn't. It would have just been another backlog generator. 
You have no idea. My current backlog for it is somewhere around 50 games.

1 hour ago, cprmauldin said:

Maybe with whatever your job is you need to just take like a month off and say, “I have a personal mission to complete...” and leave it at that. Meanwhile you’re holed away somewhere playing like 5 games at once to clear out the backlog.

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

You have no idea. My current backlog for it is somewhere around 50 games.

Mine:

6FD973FB-0DFC-4BD8-82A1-DB6C2E199B58.thumb.jpeg.60f14723e88bca286663c911f7819da7.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Maybe with whatever your job is you need to just take like a month off and say, “I have a personal mission to complete...” and leave it at that. Meanwhile you’re holed away somewhere playing like 5 games at once to clear out the backlog.

I have considered doing exactly that!

At my current rate I play about 10-15 hours a week and complete about 3-4 games a year. In an ideal world, I would like to double that. 

Or, like you said, maybe I should take some leave for that, "Personal mission," you spoke of. 

• Like 1

At my current rate I play about 10-15 hours a week and complete about 3-4 games a year. In an ideal world, I would like to double that. 

Or, like you said, maybe I should take some leave for that, "Personal mission," you spoke of. 
Wait a minute. As a former elementary school math teacher even simple averages of 12.5 hours times 52 weeks shows you get 650 hours/year or game time. Now if you're playing DQXI you may only beat it 4 or 5 times, but with numbers like that, you should be doing a game a month if you split between some longer and shorter games. That's kinda my goal, 12 a year.

Switch to fighting games. You can beat another game every 30 minutes. 😂

• Like 1

Sauerkraut Big Boss #1 defeated. Almost 5 hours in and moving along at a decent pace. 3ed85f13c99968da1163f58d0cf87cab.jpg

22 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
On 11/12/2019 at 12:16 PM, cprmauldin said:

Wait a minute. As a former elementary school math teacher even simple averages of 12.5 hours times 52 weeks shows you get 650 hours/year or game time. Now if you're playing DQXI you may only beat it 4 or 5 times, but with numbers like that, you should be doing a game a month if you split between some longer and shorter games. That's kinda my goal, 12 a year.

Maybe my estimating is a little off. That being said though, the last two years have contained a lot of lengthy Roleplaying games (Couple playthroughs of DQ VIII, DQ  VII (3DS), Pokemon UM, ETC). I'd say my average time of play for each game is between 70 and 120 hours. 

...So yeah, mostly DQ XI type games.....

My hours have crept up lately and will hopefully continue to creep up. I would love to thoroughly enjoy 8-12 games a year. 

• Like 1

Stuck going in circles in Schwarzkopf's Boots. Tomorrow when my brain works better maybe I can figure it out. a0218934a520a1649aa99d44a8437bab.jpg

Just to be clear, my ass wasn't fascinated.

36 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Stuck going in circles in Schwarzkopf's Boots. Tomorrow when my brain works better maybe I can figure it out. a0218934a520a1649aa99d44a8437bab.jpg

Just to be clear, my ass wasn't fascinated.

Your joking aside, Bugaboo is a rather tragic figure in Strange Journey. There’s a lot of implications on the character’s true origins and eventually he plays an interesting role. I didn’t see it coming when I originally played the game, so I wonder if you’ll be surprised by it too Platty.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Your joking aside, Bugaboo is a rather tragic figure in Strange Journey. There’s a lot of implications on the character’s true origins and eventually he plays an interesting role. I didn’t see it coming when I originally played the game, so I wonder if you’ll be surprised by it too Platty.
Hmmm... interesting! I've reached where I stopped years ago. Right at the 10 hour mark. Time to pause and switch gears...

On to Persona 4 Dancing.@eal you were correct about the intro. So. Much. Dialog. I'm about 2 hours in and maybe have done 4 songs. Maybe. It might be 3. But at least the dialog is seriously stimulating. d4fcb43774fe3e3117ff26cc99f97b66.jpg

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

On to Persona 4 Dancing.@eal you were correct about the intro. So. Much. Dialog. I'm about 2 hours in and maybe have done 4 songs. Maybe. It might be 3. But at least the dialog is seriously stimulating. d4fcb43774fe3e3117ff26cc99f97b66.jpg

It picks up once you enter the Midnight Stage. How you like that new voice for Rise?

1 hour ago, eal said:

It picks up once you enter the Midnight Stage. How you like that new voice for Rise?

Up to 3 hours now.  I'm on the Rise line when the party splits up.  Honestly, I don't notice things like voice actors.  I guess the best thing I can say is it's completely unnoticeable to me, so fine.

now about 15 hours into DQ XI S, planning on restarting FQ XI DS, and Zero no Kiseki

• Like 1

now about 15 hours into DQ XI S, planning on restarting FQ XI DS, and Zero no Kiseki

With my hacked Vita, I'm now VERY interested in doing Zero! Isn't one of those 2 PSP games nearing a release by the translators. I know one leaked out, but aren't they close to being 100%? 

Anyway, finally found the 1 freaking door I missed before in Schwarzenegger's Bootes and due to rediculous grinding I easily mopped the floor with the boss. Onward to the Carina area. Can't wait to find the Hot Topic.

1c39f665f2f59aa3113d790dc671236e.jpga8b33d078e0694354437417fd0425bcb.jpg

In Persona 4 Dancing I'm up to 4 hours and now on an apparent 3rd route starting Ms. Boob Job herself. Nanako & Dojima showed up, so that's fun. Sometimes with the rediculously repetitive dialog makes me think...502f4bb2e611629998176c09c77c64ab.jpg

Oh, and speaking of voice actors. This dance instructor is a gem!

cd73c665e7c2d47a65542d6cb584fb1c.jpg

I'm pretty sure the 100%translation for Zero is done and ",testing" before a full release...

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure the 100%translation for Zero is done and ",testing" before a full release...
Yeah, I knew one was there. That's the first one, correct? Hopefully a nice Christmas release.
  • Like 1