cprmauldin

What RPG's are you currently playing?

I listen to two gaming-related podcasts, Castle Super Beast and Podquisition

@Liamland this feels like a dig at Slime Time!

44 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

No. FO3 and 4 suck.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It’s not a game I’m planning to play anyway. Never even heard of The Outer Worlds until the week it was releasing. Whether it’s better or worse than those two Fallout games (which I have also never played and never plan to, much like most Bethesda RPGs) doesn’t really matter to me.

Maybe Drippy was disappointed with Outer Worlds because his emotions were still hurt from Ni No Kuni Remastered and his heart couldn’t take whatever The Outer Worlds had to show him.

It’s not a game I’m planning to play anyway. Never even heard of The Outer Worlds until the week it was releasing. Whether it’s better or worse than those two Fallout games (which I have also never played and never plan to, much like most Bethesda RPGs) doesn’t really matter to me.
Maybe Drippy was disappointed with Outer Worlds because his emotions were still hurt from Ni No Kuni Remastered and his heart couldn’t take whatever The Outer Worlds had to show him.
I've only played around 4 hours of OW but it's okay. I'm largely done with Bethesda style games (except for the classics). But it's a much closer comparison to Fallout New Vegas than 3 or 4.

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

Hey, Slime Time isn’t a mere gaming podcast, it’s a lifestyle.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Weren’t you originally super excited for that game?

Yeah I was for awhile. I knew what I was getting into I just decided I didn't want to give any more time or effort to it.

13 hours ago, eal said:

This is the first negative opinion I’ve seen for The Outer Worlds, so I’m sure you’ll be fine.

Oh absolutely. It's a good, maybe even great game, just not for me at this moment in time. I loved Fallout 3, New Vegas, and even 4 but those were years ago and I guess my tastes changed.

12 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I'm doing one of the quests where you have to recruit certain monsters and I have 2/3 of them but the third never spawns and won't let me serenade it's ass!

19 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I'm doing one of the quests where you have to recruit certain monsters and I have 2/3 of them but the third never spawns and won't let me serenade it's ass!

Well you responded in a way I wasn’t expecting. Especially that last part. Keep the serenading in the bedroom! 😜

Forget the ass, the left nipple is the one most succeptable to serenading.
I never got that dinosaur that everyone was raving about in Ni No Kuni because of that same reason. Spent an hour one day maybe finding 3 of them and nothing came of it.

13 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Spiderman would not approve.

3 hours ago, Liamland said:

Spiderman would not approve.

Spider-Man would not approve approve of that spelling.

1B0677BA-4C07-4887-BDFD-D4E1651BB4FD.png.b33ad04173f858d4610d1c5ed980a48f.png

• Like 1

I love that he can tell when someone's saying it without a hyphen.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, eal said:

This is the first negative opinion I’ve seen for The Outer Worlds, so I’m sure you’ll be fine.

18 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Isn’t the game just another Fallout styled game? If you played Fallout 3 and/or 4, I’m sure you’ll like the game.

18 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

No. FO3 and 4 suck.

18 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
18 hours ago, eal said:

Ditto, they went on and on about it on RPG Cast this weekend and on the RPGamer Discord I've seen nothing but praise. I mean, no matter what some people won't like certain games (#$*! you FFXII), but it's seeming like a win for most.

17 hours ago, eal said:

I listen to two gaming-related podcasts, Castle Super Beast and Podquisition and both heaped endless praise on it. Pat of Castle Super Beast said it was among his favorite games this year. Jim Sterling of Podquisition produced a whole episode of the Jimquisition devoted to proving that The Outer Wilds has made Bethesda as a game developer obsolete. Not only have opinions been positive, they’ve sometimes been exalting in their praise. I’m excited to see how the Switch port shakes out when it eventually comes out.

So...the Den's opinion is that I will like it. 

Good!

As for what I've been playing, just DQ XI:S. Only a little over five hours in, feels familiar from my first playthrough but they've made a few minor tweaks that I have noticed and really appreciate. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

So...the Den's opinion is that I will like it. 

Good!

As for what I've been playing, just DQ XI:S. Only a little over five hours in, feels familiar from my first playthrough but they've made a few minor tweaks that I have noticed and really appreciate. 

I wouldn’t take my post as saying you would like it. I want to know why you are interested in the game in the first place, and I just see people compare it to Bethesda era Fallout games.

On 11/6/2019 at 10:59 AM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I wouldn’t take my post as saying you would like it. I want to know why you are interested in the game in the first place, and I just see people compare it to Bethesda era Fallout games.

I'd say that is one of the reasons. I was a fan of all of the Fallout titles. 

That, and it's been a long while since I enjoyed a big, open-world, western RPG. 

I'm pretty forgiving when it comes analyzing games, so I don't find myself disappointed all that often. 

They're really comparing it to Fallout New Vegas as Obsidian developed that game as well. Other than that and the genre of game it is, it shares very little with Bethesda's Fallout games.

Finally platniumed DA2, and finished all the dlc. 

I’m really excited about Star Ocean: First Departure. Also, Romancing Saga 3 looks pretty cool, too!

Edited by Prince of Cannock

Just started playing Romancing Saga 2. Should be pretty fun. I’ll post more on this later.
Please do, the Saga games have come to interest me more since Alliance Alive

Persona Q2 is done.  Wow, I thought I was overleveled, but the final boss showed me.  But, she's gone.  WHEW, that game got so freaking wordy, I just FF'd past the majority of the dialogue from the 3rd movie on.  I get it: don't let others opinions lead all your actions.  Didn't need to be told that 3,353 times in a 50 hour game, but perhaps someone needs to.  Loved the gameplay.  Sad I'll never draw another map on my bottom of the 3DS screen.

Don't really know where to turn next.  Maybe I need to scroll back and see what was started by me, but not finished.

10 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Persona Q2 is done.  Wow, I thought I was overleveled, but the final boss showed me.  But, she's gone.  WHEW, that game got so freaking wordy, I just FF'd past the majority of the dialogue from the 3rd movie on.  I get it: don't let others opinions lead all your actions.  Didn't need to be told that 3,353 times in a 50 hour game, but perhaps someone needs to.  Loved the gameplay.  Sad I'll never draw another map on my bottom of the 3DS screen.

Don't really know where to turn next.  Maybe I need to scroll back and see what was started by me, but not finished.

I feel like the dialogue repeats itself too much in other games. P5 had that problem too where it got to the point I just skipped a lot of dialogue between the main characters.

Anyway, you could play Cold Steel 2 since you guys are experiencing a “cold front,” where you live. Haha 😜

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1

Anyway, you could play Cold Steel 2 since you guys are experiencing a “cold front,” where you live. Haha

Tails of Slightly Chilly (but only in the shade when the wind blows) Platty.

I do want to play on my Vita for the next few months, true. Or do I continue dungeon crawling with SMT in Strange Journey Redux? I have the spell naming conventions in my head now for a bit.

20 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

emoji1787.png Tails of Slightly Chilly (but only in the shade when the wind blows) Platty.

I do want to play on my Vita for the next few months, true. Or do I continue dungeon crawling with SMT in Strange Journey Redux? I have the spell naming conventions in my head now for a bit.

If you want to keep playing the Vita and want to hang with your Persona series pals, play Persona 4: Dancing All Night (which has a canon storyline that’s pretty decent and is only about 10 hours long) or Persona 5: Dancing Star Night :P

Or if you want to play a dungeon crawler the Vita is basically the home to all those. Maybe look into Ray Gigant? I hear it’s pretty casual.

Edited by eal
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Tails of Slightly Chilly (but only in the shade when the wind blows) Platty.

Strange Journey Redux would make sense. Like you said you have all the spell and ability names already in your head, plus you’ve already been playing your 3DS. And Strange Journey is one of the top SMT related games, so it’s a good experience.

• Like 1

Headed to Baramos' castle in DQ3 on Switch. My mage wasn't learning TwinHits and I saw they can learn spells at different levels due to their personality. I saw Sage learns it pretty early on and I hit the level I was "supposed" to learn it at...and they didn't. Oh well, I've got plenty of grinding to go, I can't even make it to the back door of the castle without losing half my team.

I heard Strange Journey was designed to be SMT IV but couldn't becuase of 1 simple edict regarding the series: apparently all mainline games must be set in Japan.

If you want to keep playing the Vita and want to hang with your Persona series pals, play Persona 4: Dancing All Night (which has a canon storyline that’s pretty decent and is only about 10 hours long) or Persona 5: Dancing Star Night
Or if you want to play a dungeon crawler the Vita is basically the home to all those. Maybe look into Ray Gigant? I hear it’s pretty casual.
P4 Dancing is only 10 hours? I thought with all the story it'd be longer. P3 dancing was almost exactly 10 for me. I think my final save was a little past 9:50.

One of those Dancing games might likely be a good call. Keep both Atlus properties going!