What RPG's are you currently playing?

Started yesterday fighting the 3rd movie boss. Slowly destroyed me with interesting battle mechanics. So I did a few things.

Went back and found all the secret buried treasures in all the movies up to now. One opened up the SP restore item. Big help!

Did all the 6 or 7 side quests open to me. Opened up tons of combo moves that randomly activate and do 2-3 times more damage than most critical hits. Big big help.

Spent some time in the Velvet Room. I'd done well so far, so this was only minor work.

Finally, 5 hours later, I took on the boss.

Tough, but I won. Really interesting boss dynamic. Fun battle!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dragon Quest III iOS. Ready for EO Untold II.

10/10 picture. You can get a lot of funny pictures in the 3DS version. Shame DQ11S’s camera mode feels so limiting by comparison.

OK, I have a good three hours clocked in FFIX now, so it's time for first impressions!   -I love this game. In this short time of playing, I'm already having a blast, and I'm sure it'll only get be

Posted Images

Got overwhelmed by The Outer Worlds over the weekend with the amount of quests and options to do them but I started playing again last night. I took things on an area-by-area basis and quest by quest and it was much more relaxing and fun. It's just kind of annoying that if you do things in the "wrong" order you can miss out on things in quests.

1 hour ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Got overwhelmed by The Outer Worlds over the weekend with the amount of quests and options to do them but I started playing again last night. I took things on an area-by-area basis and quest by quest and it was much more relaxing and fun. It's just kind of annoying that if you do things in the "wrong" order you can miss out on things in quests.

I cannot wait to play this one. 

But first I have to:

Beat Battlechasers on the Switch

Begin DQ XI: S

Beat Diablo III on PS4

....so it probably wont be for a few months. 

3 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I heard it would be relatable for those who worked in retail and satires the latest stage of capitalism possible so I’m in on the upcoming Switch port.

DQ10 continues to dominate my life at the moment. Just finished 2.0 today.

• Like 1

Still playing Dragon Age 2. Not really gaming much, though, due to work, and other stuff. I will probably get into some other rpgs, later.

I’m mostly looking forward to Star Ocean: First Departure R, and Shenmue 3. Outer Worlds looks fun, too.

Edited by Prince of Cannock

Battlechasers. I reached the maximum level for my primary party, so now I can't get experience from battles. 

The maximum level is 30. I am frustrated. 30 is way to low to be a maximum level, and while I feel I'm close to the end of the game it is VERY disappointing to not be able to gain experience from battles. 

Anyways, I still like the game overall. I began my review but I don't want to finish and post it until I've finished the game. 

10 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

Battlechasers. I reached the maximum level for my primary party, so now I can't get experience from battles. 

The maximum level is 30. I am frustrated. 30 is way to low to be a maximum level, and while I feel I'm close to the end of the game it is VERY disappointing to not be able to gain experience from battles. 

Anyways, I still like the game overall. I began my review but I don't want to finish and post it until I've finished the game. 

It’s just like Dragon Quest I! Max level is 30 in that game.

8 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

It’s just like Dragon Quest I! Max level is 30 in that game.

Yeah but I feel like in this case there is too much left to do after reaching Max, which wasn't difficult. 

I think on my playthrough of DQI, I reached Max right around the end of the game. 

7 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

Yeah but I feel like in this case there is too much left to do after reaching Max, which wasn't difficult. 

I think on my playthrough of DQI, I reached Max right around the end of the game. 

You did some serious grinding then. Most playthroughs of DQ1 I do I end up at level 18-20.

On 10/31/2019 at 9:59 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

You did some serious grinding then. Most playthroughs of DQ1 I do I end up at level 18-20.

I did. 

I also got lost a lot in the beginning, which resulted in some inadvertent grinding. 

Anyways, finally started DQ XI on the switch. 3D for now.

Lately I've been bouncing between Trails of Cold Steel 3, and probably  8 hours into DQ XI S (3D mode)...been a blast so far.

I gave up on The Outer Worlds this weekend. I'm back to Ni no Kuni with a side of Dragon Quest XI-S. It's kind of weird because the first time I played Ni no Kuni I would take short breaks but then I just got absorbed into it and that's what happened over the weekend. Finishing those quests and bounties and seeing the stamps add up is sooooo satisfying.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I gave up on The Outer Worlds this weekend. I'm back to Ni no Kuni with a side of Dragon Quest XI-S. It's kind of weird because the first time I played Ni no Kuni I would take short breaks but then I just got absorbed into it and that's what happened over the weekend. Finishing those quests and bounties and seeing the stamps add up is sooooo satisfying.

So true.

I'm kind of doing the same on Persona Q2.  I just barely beat something that should've been the final boss last night.  I went in only half-prepared just thinking it was an area boss, but then got fooled (by a 3-stage battle where at some points it reverts to previous stages) into thinking it was the final boss only to have a meh plot twist and now there's a whole new stratum to explore and supposedly a final boss at the end.  BACK to what you said about quests and bounties, I'm sure that's what I'll be doing for the next few days.  I have maybe 10 sidequests built up and I need to go back to 3rd stratum FOEs and then clear out special treasures throughout the 4th stratum that only pop up on the map when I opened the last treasure chest.  The sidequests are quite useful for obtaining randomly activating combo attacks.  The special fusions some offer have been absolutely pointless, I haven't done a special fusion yet as they're all way weaker that what I have or have access to currently.

Having a ton of fun with this game and HLTB says I'm about 10 hours away from finishing. It'll be a bit longer for me since I'm basically covering all the sidequests. Not sure if I need to look at a guide for the few side quests I've missed, most activate through small dialogues when you hit a dead end in an area, but there are at least 2-3 I've missed so far.

9 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

So true.

I'm kind of doing the same on Persona Q2.  I just barely beat something that should've been the final boss last night.  I went in only half-prepared just thinking it was an area boss, but then got fooled (by a 3-stage battle where at some points it reverts to previous stages) into thinking it was the final boss only to have a meh plot twist and now there's a whole new stratum to explore and supposedly a final boss at the end.  BACK to what you said about quests and bounties, I'm sure that's what I'll be doing for the next few days.  I have maybe 10 sidequests built up and I need to go back to 3rd stratum FOEs and then clear out special treasures throughout the 4th stratum that only pop up on the map when I opened the last treasure chest.  The sidequests are quite useful for obtaining randomly activating combo attacks.  The special fusions some offer have been absolutely pointless, I haven't done a special fusion yet as they're all way weaker that what I have or have access to currently.

Having a ton of fun with this game and HLTB says I'm about 10 hours away from finishing. It'll be a bit longer for me since I'm basically covering all the sidequests. Not sure if I need to look at a guide for the few side quests I've missed, most activate through small dialogues when you hit a dead end in an area, but there are at least 2-3 I've missed so far.

The next 3DS I'll get to is Bravely Default. I remember people complaining about going back to 3DS after the Switch but I played all the DS Dragon Quest games this year and the experience was fine for me. Hell, I even played some of them on my DS Lite that has an even smaller screen than my New 3DS XL.

• Like 1
On 11/4/2019 at 6:06 AM, DrippySlimeStar said:

Gave up? Why?

20 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Didn't feel like investing more time in it. The game is so up it's own ass world and lore wise it just got annoying. I wasn't following anything and it just got boring.

Weren’t you originally super excited for that game?

23 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Didn't feel like investing more time in it. The game is so up it's own ass world and lore wise it just got annoying. I wasn't following anything and it just got boring.

Aww man. That one is on my wish list. I hope I don't end up feeling the same way.

2 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

Aww man. That one is on my wish list. I hope I don't end up feeling the same way.

This is the first negative opinion I’ve seen for The Outer Worlds, so I’m sure you’ll be fine.

2 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

Isn’t the game just another Fallout styled game? If you played Fallout 3 and/or 4, I’m sure you’ll like the game.

Isn’t the game just another Fallout styled game? If you played Fallout 3 and/or 4, I’m sure you’ll like the game.
No. FO3 and 4 suck.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This is the first negative opinion I’ve seen for The Outer Worlds, so I’m sure you’ll be fine.
Ditto, they went on and on about it on RPG Cast this weekend and on the RPGamer Discord I've seen nothing but praise. I mean, no matter what some people won't like certain games (#$*! you FFXII), but it's seeming like a win for most.
9 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
1 hour ago, eal said:

Ditto, they went on and on about it on RPG Cast this weekend and on the RPGamer Discord I've seen nothing but praise. I mean, no matter what some people won't like certain games (#$*! you FFXII), but it's seeming like a win for most.

I listen to two gaming-related podcasts, Castle Super Beast and Podquisition and both heaped endless praise on it. Pat of Castle Super Beast said it was among his favorite games this year. Jim Sterling of Podquisition produced a whole episode of the Jimquisition devoted to proving that The Outer Wilds has made Bethesda as a game developer obsolete. Not only have opinions been positive, they’ve sometimes been exalting in their praise. I’m excited to see how the Switch port shakes out when it eventually comes out.

• Like 1