What RPG's are you currently playing?

56 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
1 hour ago, cprmauldin said:
Hot Damn. Lots of Persona. 

Yes. I really want to play P5, but PS4 time is tough to get. So I'll play some on the side while working through.

I'm in the same boat. Much easier to pick up the Switch or 3DS, anytime and anyplace. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dragon Quest III iOS. Ready for EO Untold II.

OK, I have a good three hours clocked in FFIX now, so it's time for first impressions!   -I love this game. In this short time of playing, I'm already having a blast, and I'm sure it'll only get be

10/10 picture. You can get a lot of funny pictures in the 3DS version. Shame DQ11S’s camera mode feels so limiting by comparison.

Posted Images

7ish hours in and I've completed the first movie section (think: stratum) on Persona Q2.

Love the EO dungeon crawl play.
Love the SMT enemies and battles.
Love that sub personas add HP and SP on top that's refilled each battle.
Love that I could take on a FOE & win one after being the first big boss.
Love they came up with a funny French term for what FOE means.
Love fusing personas in the Velvet Room.
Love that to open new weapons and armor, I only need 1 of the specified item and it doesn't run out, no farming aspect to do!
Love the movies as backdrops to the stories. About to start Jurrasic Park next.

Liking the music. Usually I love it, but it's not done it for me yet.

Noticed they added event more elemental stuff. There's now Psi & Nuke attacks. Were these in any other SMT games?

Encounter rate is a bit low.
Animations are too slow and "fast" battle speed is not fast enough.

Got my ass handed to me by the first big boss. 44 minutes of grinding & 4 levels later I was able to barely win. Shouldn't have done a huge persona fusion right before, I was missing skills I'd been relying on. Oops. 58a5ab7af2f3e779554ca099e11bfbd2.jpg

13 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Noticed they added event more elemental stuff. There's now Psi & Nuke attacks. Were these in any other SMT games?

Both of them are from the first Persona game. As far as I’m aware, neither element has appeared in a main line SMT game, and were brought back for the first time in Persona 5.

SMT: Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 have something similar where the earth element only shows up in those two games but has not appeared in any other games (that I’m aware of) so far.

Both of them are from the first Persona game. As far as I’m aware, neither element has appeared in a main line SMT game, and were brought back for the first time in Persona 5.
SMT: Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 have something similar where the earth element only shows up in those two games but has not appeared in any other games (that I’m aware of) so far.
Thanks! Persona 5 is something I need to get back to. Only got ~10 hours into it, first palace only.

I posted it on Twitter so Platty will be seeing this again but...JPRGs gotta cut it out with the "20 hours until it's good" stuff. Finally got to the good parts of Ni no Kuni. I played XIS as well but that game is a masterclass in JRPGs and video games in general. 

• Like 1
I posted it on Twitter so Platty will be seeing this again but...JPRGs gotta cut it out with the "20 hours until it's good" stuff. Finally got to the good parts of Ni no Kuni. I played XIS as well but that game is a masterclass in JRPGs and video games in general. 
It's exactly what I felt about Atelier Lulua. Liked the final 30 hours, but had to fight through the first 20.

My opinion about NNK changed near the end too. I was thinking a Meh 3-3.5 out of 5 score most of the game. Solid 4/5 by the end. But that battle system is pure #$*!.

Managed to get the record in the Capture Arena or whatever it’s called in Pokemon Ranger, which means I’ve cleared the only skill-based hurdle I had left to do to complete the Browser. Now they shall fall like dominos! Maybe I’ll put in the hustle and finish tonight.

In Dragon Quest III I’m heading to PORTOGA! Sorry, I can’t say or type that name without being super excited about it. I just love that name ever since I first played DQ3.

In DQ11 S I’m going around with the Magic Key to get all the treasure I can scattered around the world. Got a lot of good stuff from it, including another Falcon Sword. I’m one mini medal short from earning the page 2 final reward for the mini medals.

I’ve been starting to get back into DQ4 mobile when at work. I now have the horse and wagon and have made it to the town of Bath.

For Better or Worse, I find myself more drawn into Battlechasers as I play it. I'm re-doing nearly every dungeon just to get better gear and actually getting sad knowing it might end soon. 

Then again, I kinda thought I was getting close to the end about 10 hours ago and was dead wrong, but we shall see. 

Hopefully I can start DQ XI: S by November. And I need to get back to DIablo III as well. 

• Like 1
On 10/19/2019 at 8:39 PM, DrippySlimeStar said:

I don't mind it so much if it is the story OR the gameplay that keeps me around for those first several hours. Neither of them? That might be a bit tough to deal with.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was the only game to hold me there without either of them. If it wasn't for the interesting environments I probably wouldn't have progressed much more. I really need to get around to finishing it.

On 10/21/2019 at 9:52 PM, Twinkie said:

I don't mind it so much if it is the story OR the gameplay that keeps me around for those first several hours. Neither of them? That might be a bit tough to deal with.

I feel the same way. 

I've done it a few times, but it's way better when something grabs you right from the beginning. 

• Like 1

I should be playing more Persona Q2 instead of posting here. Cleared the 2nd movie and doing some sidequests for a bit. Hope to jump into the 3rd movie tonight!

I feel the same way. 

I've done it a few times, but it's way better when something grabs you right from the beginning. 

Great motto for one's dating life as well.

Got the boat in DQ3. Changed my party classes from Warrior, Thief, and Mage to Martial Artist, Warrior, and Sage respectively. Went and grabbed the golden claws to help gain levels and did some leveling in the tower north of Alltrades.

Now to start hunting orbs. First thing first, gonna drop a Merchant off at the frontier town.

Persona Q2 went so quick at the beginnging. I cleared the first movie/stratum in under 8 hours. Took close to the 20 hour mark to finish the second. Now into the third I think I've ground to that enjoyable, but frustrating 2-3 hours/floor time frame. I played almost 3.5 hours last night and only cleared a single floor. Lots of story stuff went down and I did a bunch of sidequests for some good items and unlocking moves I'll probably never use, but I must do!

19 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Got the boat in DQ3. Changed my party classes from Warrior, Thief, and Mage to Martial Artist, Warrior, and Sage respectively. Went and grabbed the golden claws to help gain levels and did some leveling in the tower north of Alltrades.

Now to start hunting orbs. First thing first, gonna drop a Merchant off at the frontier town.

Dang dude I'm at 4/6 orbs and have another level to get on my mage before making her a sage. On my GBC file I was ready to change classes when I got to Alltrades.

9 hours ago, Prince of Cannock said:

Currently replaying Dragon Age 2 on ps3, so I can finally get the platinum on that (I already have most of trophies, just missing a few). I think it’s a pretty fun, and an underrated game, overall.

Yeah I remember people not liking it. From what little I played it was a fun action RPG. People seemed to not like it cause it was so different from Origins, which I loved.

23 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:
20 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Dang dude I'm at 4/6 orbs and have another level to get on my mage before making her a sage. On my GBC file I was ready to change classes when I got to Alltrades.

My usual order once I get to Alltrades is go to the northern tower, travel up to Mur and grab Ortega’s helmet, then head back and grab the boat from PORTOGA!!!

By that point I’m at or above level 20. Normally I only have one person change jobs to Sage (maybe 2 once the book of Wisdom/Zen Book becomes available) but I don’t do full party swaps like this. It was more of a spur of the moment idea. Normally I grind up characters at the tower north of Alltrades due to the high amount of metal slimes who appear there, but because I didn’t have a Martial Artist until now and didn’t grab the Golden Claws, I figured the endless battles while trying to escape would help gain some levels and THEN go to the tower for metal slimes.

I feel a little bad taking a free code for the Doraemon Harvest Moon game because ...

Dear God how annoying is that cast? It was painful and took me 3 nights to get the 60 minutes until I could save my game for the first time (thank you suspend button). Then I spent about 20 more minutes hearing all the mechanics from townspeople. It's Harvest Moon. Once Plattym5, who was watching for about a half-hour, asked me for the 3rd time why I wasn't fighting anyone I knew I was done. Looks pretty, but under everything else it's just Harvest Moon. Without battles, any attachment to the characters & no desire to do so, I think I need to just wait for Rune Factory 4.

Back to PQ2.

I picked up the Collection of Mana physical release today at Best Buy. I probably won’t get to it soon, but when I heard SE was going to have a physical release of it i wanted to pick it up (wish we had gotten a physical release of the DQ Erdrick Trilogy but SHHHHHHHHH) as I’ve wanted to check out the games, specifically the Super Famicom version of Seiken Densetsu 3, now known as Trials of Mana. The remake looks like it will be good, but hey, I like playing the original versions of games if I can. It’s why I would still like to play the original versions of DQ1-6 at some point, original, emulation, fan translation or otherwise.

Anyway, I’m glad I now have the Collection of Mana. Don’t know when I’ll crack it open and play it, but I’m looking forward to experiencing the original trilogy sooner or later.

On 10/25/2019 at 7:18 PM, Plattym3 said:

I should be playing more Persona Q2 instead of posting here. Cleared the 2nd movie and doing some sidequests for a bit. Hope to jump into the 3rd movie tonight!

Great motto for one's dating life as well.

Ha!!

Yes...

Well....sometimes. 

• Like 1

In Dragon Quest III I now have the Red and Green orbs. I’m not sure where I should go next, but with the ultimate key I’ll figure something out. My fully changed party has actually been pretty good. Normally I only change someone to a Sage, but changing everyone’s job class (excluding hero of course) has helped with extra damage and speed.

In DQ4 mobile I finally recruited Torneko and can now use the boat. The mobile games have become ones I rarely play, so who knows when I’ll actually finish DQ4 mobile.

I’m thinking I may need to take an RPG break and go back to Zelda Breath of the Wild for awhile. I want to get to Act 2 of DQ11 at least and see some of the new story content, but after that it may be Zelda time for a week or so.

• Like 1

Started yesterday fighting the 3rd movie boss. Slowly destroyed me with interesting battle mechanics. So I did a few things.

Went back and found all the secret buried treasures in all the movies up to now. One opened up the SP restore item. Big help!

Did all the 6 or 7 side quests open to me. Opened up tons of combo moves that randomly activate and do 2-3 times more damage than most critical hits. Big big help.

Spent some time in the Velvet Room. I'd done well so far, so this was only minor work.

Finally, 5 hours later, I took on the boss.

Tough, but I won. Really interesting boss dynamic. Fun battle!

Got overwhelmed by The Outer Worlds over the weekend with the amount of quests and options to do them but I started playing again last night. I took things on an area-by-area basis and quest by quest and it was much more relaxing and fun. It's just kind of annoying that if you do things in the "wrong" order you can miss out on things in quests.