cprmauldin

What RPG's are you currently playing?

4 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Nice! I hope she enjoys it. I finished it not too long ago and it's one of my favorites in the series.

I liked it a lot too. 

Especially how they set up the story in the beginning. Very unique and fun. 

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 6:21 PM, DrippySlimeStar said:

Picked up a Vita copy today. I'll give it a try once I get through Chrono Trigger.

Gonna return said Vita copy and put it towards paying off my DQ Builders at Gamestop. I'm picking up a PS4 copy at Best Buy after work today and I'll play on Vita via remote play if I really want to play handheld.

12 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Gonna return said Vita copy and put it towards paying off my DQ Builders at Gamestop. I'm picking up a PS4 copy at Best Buy after work today and I'll play on Vita via remote play if I really want to play handheld.

I know you’re referring to Builders 2, but just throwing it out there, the Vita version of DQ Builders 1 is pretty good if you don’t have it. I bought it during Black Friday last year and I’ve been happy to have it whenever I take my Vita somewhere. The biggest setback is no cross saving with the PS4 version so you can swap progress between the two, but still, Vita version of Builders 1 is good.

Can’t wait for Builders 2!

2 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

I liked it a lot too. 

Especially how they set up the story in the beginning. Very unique and fun. 

DQ4 is one of my favorites. It was one of the first main series games I played along with DQ3. I’m not sure where I’d rank it amongst my top 5 DQs, but it’s up towards the #2 spot at least thanks to how it presents the character stories, the world, and the entire playable cast. DQ4 has one of my favorite playable rosters in a DQ game, if not my absolute favorite. If I hadn’t chosen Yangus for my profile name, I would have used Ragnar McRyan or Torneko Taloon for sure.

Also, the hero/heroine of DQ4 are my favorites design and combat wise. Super happy Solo is going to be one of the playable reps in Smash Bros Ultimate!

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

16 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I know you’re referring to Builders 2, but just throwing it out there, the Vita version of DQ Builders 1 is pretty good if you don’t have it. I bought it during Black Friday last year and I’ve been happy to have it whenever I take my Vita somewhere. The biggest setback is no cross saving with the PS4 version so you can swap progress between the two, but still, Vita version of Builders 1 is good.

Can’t wait for Builders 2!

I have it for Switch and I haven't made it past the first chapter. It's just not for me but from what I've played (PAX East build) and seen of Builders 2 it's a drastic improvement. I've already bought and sold Builders 1 once and now I feel like I need to hang onto a copy to have a complete collection of DQ games to impress someone other than myself...

Edited by DrippySlimeStar
  • Like 1

I have it for Switch and I haven't made it past the first chapter. It's just not for me but from what I've played (PAX East build) and seen of Builders 2 it's a drastic improvement. I've already bought and sold Builders 1 once and now I feel like I need to hang onto a copy to have a complete collection of DQ games to impress someone other than myself...
Girls dig it. Open with that line.

13 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
On 6/26/2019 at 4:33 PM, DrippySlimeStar said:

Girls dig it. Open with that line.

Not sure my wife would appreciate that

I'm at Lavos in Chrono Trigger. Might do a few side quests to make it a bit easier though I was able to get through his first phase (boss rush) pretty easily. I forgot to heal up for his second form at got wiped. I also started playing Trails of Cold Steel on PS4 over the weekend and it's pretty good. You can tell it's a Falcom game with their models and engine it just feels like Y's VII. Part of me doesn't want to dive into a 60+ hour long JRPG just yet but I don't really have any other genre or game I want to play right now. I would like to finish up the DQ series by the end of the year though.

2 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I'm at Lavos in Chrono Trigger. Might do a few side quests to make it a bit easier though I was able to get through his first phase (boss rush) pretty easily. I forgot to heal up for his second form at got wiped. I also started playing Trails of Cold Steel on PS4 over the weekend and it's pretty good. You can tell it's a Falcom game with their models and engine it just feels like Y's VII. Part of me doesn't want to dive into a 60+ hour long JRPG just yet but I don't really have any other genre or game I want to play right now. I would like to finish up the DQ series by the end of the year though.

Hey, you may end up with over 100 hours like I did by the time I beat Cold Steel 1. Never imagined I actually would get to that kind of hour count due to my spotty play record with the game, but once i got the PS4 version I was hooked.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Hey, you may end up with over 100 hours like I did by the time I beat Cold Steel 1. Never imagined I actually would get to that kind of hour count due to my spotty play record with the game, but once i got the PS4 version I was hooked.

Its definitely interesting I just hope it doesn't end up being Persona lite. I love the concept of Persona and know it's a unique kind of game but I don't want to be playing Cold Steel and wish I was playing Persona instead. 

Been trying to improve my DQM23D team for Wi-Fi battles, and also in the hopes of getting Captain Crow again.

Aside from that, well, Neptunia Re;Birth2 on Vita.

Dragon Quest XI. I feel like the end is in sight, though I've been wrong before. Around 70 hours in. Still haven't gotten bored, even for a second. As usual, while the end approaches, I feel a mix of excitement and sadness. That being said, I certainly didn't explore every bit of the content. So I wouldn't mind a second playthrough in the future. 

Also, in super exciting news, in anticipation of a week-long upcoming work trip, I ordered a Nintendo Switch. After significant research into what to play as my first game, I've settled on Battlechasers: Nightwar. I figure what better way to get a good chunk of an RPG knocked out than a travel-heavy trip. Anyways, the system should be on my doorstep by Wednesday evening. 

Further, my decision to get the switch was based on the pending release of some badass games, such as the following: 

Dragon Quest XI (Obviously)

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

Pokemon Sword and Shield

Neverwinter Nights

And some others that are already out like:

Skyrim

Dragon Quest Builders

Octopath Traveler

For a guy like me who almost strictly plays RPGs, the switch seemed like a pretty damn good option for my next console purchase. 

• Like 1

As of late I've been playing DQ7 lately because it's a really fun game to play during road trips, in my opinion. I've mainly been playing it to see if I could actually finish a save file on my new copy of it since I finally have my own copy (I've been having to use my dad's beforehand) and I can beat the game several times without having to delete a save file. Though I'm saving one save slot open for my sister since she really wants to play it once she's finished with DQ4. I've also been playing to get some more motivation for my AU DQ7 fanfic, and I won't lie, I've actually felt like writing it as of late.

Also excited for the release of DQ11 on the Switch, as I didn't really play the PS4 version. While I'm hesitant to play a game on the Switch (I just don't like it for some reason I don't even know), I do want to play DQ11 at some point for myself.

3 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

There's a distinct lack of Runes or Factories in that game. emoji12.png

The game was probably manufactured in a factory.

The game was probably manufactured in a factory.
With 19th century working conditions and hours for the developers from what all the recent game news leads us to believe.
Trails of Cold Steel is...really...really...good.
I'd give it 1 really.@YangustheLegendaryBandit probably would put 3.

5 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

With 19th century working conditions and hours for the developers from what all the recent game news leads us to believe.

It’s not “poor work conditions” it’s “surprise involuntary monetary opportunities.”

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

I'd give it 1 really.@YangustheLegendaryBandit probably would put 3.

Probably.

So I'm playing Dragon Quest VI and my god do I love the vocation system. Not having to reset your level each time you change your class is a godsend and will motivate me to switch them around after mastering one. I'm glad I have VII after which I think adopts the same system. 

So I'm playing Dragon Quest VI and my god do I love the vocation system. Not having to reset your level each time you change your class is a godsend and will motivate me to switch them around after mastering one. I'm glad I have VII after which I think adopts the same system. 
Which version of 7 will you be playing?

3 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
14 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I’m gonna take a guess and say 3DS.

Anywho,

I beat DQ XI! 

So so now I’ve got Battlechasers going on the Switch and Diablo III on deck for PS4

• Like 1

Anywho,
I beat DQ XI! 

So so now I’ve got Battlechasers going on the Switch and Diablo III on deck for PS4

1. Congratulations on DQXI!

2. How are you liking Battlechasers? Bought it the day DQB2 came out, but honestly probably won't get to it for a while.

4 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
14 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

3DS for sure. I started it when it first got released and made it to Alltrades Abbey but didn't go any further.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

1. Congratulations on DQXI!

2. How are you liking Battlechasers? Bought it the day DQB2 came out, but honestly probably won't get to it for a while.

Re: Battlechasers 

I LOVE it. 

Cool things:

Art style is amazing

Fun turn based combat

Easy but deep customization and crafting 

Dungeons have 3 difficulties with better rewards for the higher difficulties.

Dungeons can be replayed for looting and grinding purposes.

Story is fun

Less-cool things:

- Sometimes loading takes a bit

- It feels a little linear at times