What RPG's are you currently playing?

15 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

@DrippySlimeStar keep in mind that any skills and spells learned by basic human classes will be useable across all job classes. Same goes for Monster job classes: if you learn a spell or skill from a monster job, that character can still use those abilities regardless of what class they change into.

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up guys.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dragon Quest III iOS. Ready for EO Untold II.

OK, I have a good three hours clocked in FFIX now, so it's time for first impressions!   -I love this game. In this short time of playing, I'm already having a blast, and I'm sure it'll only get be

10/10 picture. You can get a lot of funny pictures in the 3DS version. Shame DQ11S’s camera mode feels so limiting by comparison.

Posted Images

Now that I have finished DQB2, I can finally work on Fire Emblem: Three Houses. I don't have that much time invested into the game yet but so far I am really enjoying it. My only complaint is that the game just feels too easy right now. I am really hope the Lunatic difficulty patch comes sooner.

• Like 1

I'm gonna be picking up a copy of Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga on the GBA later today. Once I finish DQ VI I'll play that. I'm just sick of longer RPGs and howlongtobeat.com says it's 19 hours. Either that or Prey on PS4 will be after DQ VI.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I'm gonna be picking up a copy of Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga on the GBA later today. Once I finish DQ VI I'll play that. I'm just sick of longer RPGs and howlongtobeat.com says it's 19 hours. Either that or Prey on PS4 will be after DQ VI.

Mannn, It's been a while since I played a GBA game. 

I think my fondest GBA memories probably lie with FF Tactics Advance. 

I'm getting a bit overwhelmed. I need a good long stretch to get games completed. I hate having my ongoing games like this:

1. Persona 5 - I'm only 1 palace in. Stopped because I had games to review and was leaving in vacation. I want to get back to it.

2. Citizens of Earth - 5 hours in and it's fun, but seems like too long to walk places and too much a grind for new party members as well as honestly I've got no desire to collect all the people. Been almost a month since I played.

3. Super Neptunia RPG - I dislike it. I need to review it as I was given a code. Hell, I keep trying but this game has horrible signposting and I'm lost most of the time and hate the battle system. 5 hours in and it says it's about 20, but I'm sure I wasted time because I'm so lost. Need to buckle down and follow a guide and be done.

4. Dragon Quest Builders 2 - good game, but being locked in jail is . I need a break from the genre too after playing all of DQB1 in June. Almost 100 hours in the past 50 days of a genre I'm not overly fond of (but enjoy DQB2).

5. Pokemon Ranger 3 - a throwback podcast I do on RPGamer is covering old Pokémon side entries. I loved Pokemon TCG and the first Ranger game and had played the second and recently bought the 3rd so figured I'd play for a week. Not too concerned about beating this, but damned if it isn't a hella fun 3 hours. It has a lot of cool improvements (or so I don't recall about the first 2) from the first games, but since it's been a decade, it's hard to say!

6. Now that Yangus mentioned it, I did the prologue for Cold Steel 2, a couple hours in. Technically that's underway too. Geeze, I should just quote myself here once a week and update my own progress.

Yeah, need to get working on these.

I hear ya, Platty. I have a few RPGs I need to get back to. I’ve been distracted by my Switch for the last month and a half + July has been really busy. I need to get back to:

-Trails of Cold Steel 2

-I REALLY need to get back to Etrian Odyssey Nexus (I can’t believe I’ve left this one alone and haven’t finished it; as the EO super fan of the Den I should be ashamed but I was so busy with job searching shortly after the game came out that it wasn’t important).

- I’d like to start Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story + Bowser Jr.’s Journey.

-And I need to finish off Ys VIII on my Vita or my PS4.

-Plus I still need to finish off DQ Builders 1 so I can move on to Builders 2.

There’s too many RPGs in limbo right now. I may have to do what I did a few years back and only focus on games I’ve yet to complete and save everything else for later.

• Like 1

I’m in the same situation but because I’m dirt poor until payday next week I can’t buy any new things. I make space for weekly comics and the odd thing here and there but I can’t, say, go to Target and buy the new Fire Emblem game. So I’ve been going back to older games, as was the case with Uncharted 3. Now I’m playing a weird visual novel called Nurse Love Addiction and Time and Eternity, a below average RPG with an aggressively awful cast of characters but an unusual battle system. I honestly will likely get frustrated and drop it soon because the story hurts to play and I can see some issues starting to creep in with the way you fight proportionally stronger enemies like bosses.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

Mannn, It's been a while since I played a GBA game. 

I think my fondest GBA memories probably lie with FF Tactics Advance. 

All I really played as a kid was Pokemon on my Gameboys. I got a Gameboy Player for my Gamecube a little bit ago so I'm trying to get a few games to take advantage of it. I ended up not getting Super Star Saga today since a copy of Minish Cap got delivered. I gotta take an RPG break after VI.

6 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I ended up not getting Super Star Saga today

spacer.png

Seriously though, don’t skip out on playing Superstar Saga. It’s easily one of the best Mario RPGs, whether you play the original GBA version or the 3DS remake. I wasn’t sure how well I’d like the 3DS remake but man, I was impressed. There were a few questionable changes (mainly related to some removed references and music that’s oddly absent) but I thought it was a pretty fantastic remake. Either version is well worth checking out, and it’s really not that long of a game. Maybe 15-20 hours.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

spacer.png

Seriously though, don’t skip out on playing Superstar Saga. It’s easily one of the best Mario RPGs, whether you play the original GBA version or the 3DS remake. I wasn’t sure how well I’d like the 3DS remake but man, I was impressed. There were a few questionable changes (mainly related to some removed references and music that’s oddly absent) but I thought it was a pretty fantastic remake. Either version is well worth checking out, and it’s really not that long of a game. Maybe 15-20 hours.

I'll probably end up getting it. I did look into the 3ds version and it looks like it improves the gameplay quite a bit. That version is a little bit more expensive so I'll just wait a little longer.

11 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I'll probably end up getting it. I did look into the 3ds version and it looks like it improves the gameplay quite a bit. That version is a little bit more expensive so I'll just wait a little longer.

Hm. Perhaps I'll throw it onto my wishlist as well. 

23 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

spacer.png

I picked up the 3DS version after work.

1 hour ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I picked up the 3DS version after work.

Luigi is happy to hear it.

spacer.png

I'm getting a bit overwhelmed. I need a good long stretch to get games completed. I hate having my ongoing games like this:

1. Persona 5 - I'm only 1 palace in. Stopped because I had games to review and was leaving in vacation. I want to get back to it.

2. Citizens of Earth - 5 hours in and it's fun, but seems like too long to walk places and too much a grind for new party members as well as honestly I've got no desire to collect all the people. Been almost a month since I played.

3. Super Neptunia RPG - I dislike it. I need to review it as I was given a code. Hell, I keep trying but this game has horrible signposting and I'm lost most of the time and hate the battle system. 5 hours in and it says it's about 20, but I'm sure I wasted time because I'm so lost. Need to buckle down and follow a guide and be done.

4. Dragon Quest Builders 2 - good game, but being locked in jail is . I need a break from the genre too after playing all of DQB1 in June. Almost 100 hours in the past 50 days of a genre I'm not overly fond of (but enjoy DQB2).

5. Pokemon Ranger 3 - a throwback podcast I do on RPGamer is covering old Pokémon side entries. I loved Pokemon TCG and the first Ranger game and had played the second and recently bought the 3rd so figured I'd play for a week. Not too concerned about beating this, but damned if it isn't a hella fun 3 hours. It has a lot of cool improvements (or so I don't recall about the first 2) from the first games, but since it's been a decade, it's hard to say!

6. Now that Yangus mentioned it, I did the prologue for Cold Steel 2, a couple hours in. Technically that's underway too. Geeze, I should just quote myself here once a week and update my own progress.

4. Out of jail in DQB2, and really played a lot my last few days of summer. Almost done with the entire next island already (3rd of 4?). Over 55 hours now. Damn, this is a long game. Enjoying it, but ready to be done.

I knew I was missing something. I bought the Braveland Trilogy on Switch a few weeks back.

7. Braveland - Beat the first game in the trilogy tonight. It's very similar to the Heroes of Might and Magic games. The first was basic basic, few frills. I hear it gets better as it goes on. But I can put this aside now, this first title is complete.

Yay, I beat one of my games.
  • Like 1

Went on a cruise and had a little free time here and there. I managed to log a little time into Battlechasers. I think I've got around 15 hours logged. 

Diablo III- Played a little this weekend. My Wizard is level 13 now

• Like 1

3. Put a couple more hours into this. Still sucks.

4. I best DQB2! And of course one main annoyance came to bite me in the ass. The fact that there's ONE SAVE SLOT! so damn annoying. So, I told my oldest son I'd let him watch me beat the game, but one night all of a sudden I was going through the final battles and boom, I won! I immediately quit the game when the credits rolled by powering down the Switch. The next day I go to load it up, and the autosave slot is completely empty (odd) and I've found the game has autosaved into my one game slot. #$*! it, I now can't replay the end part. Had to quickly get on YouTube and we watched some German dude play the final 30-40 minutes and my 3 year old narrated the whole time as he'd watched me win (kinda surprised he remembered blow by blow some stuff!)

Still playing Diablo III and Battlechasers. Slowly, of course. 

I'm hoping to beat Battlechasers right around the release of DQ XI on the Switch. That way I can just jump into DQ XI. 

Even though I recently beat the PS4 version, I feel ready. Less time away = More things remembered = Smoother playthrough, I hope. And hopefully I don't take 9 months to beat it this time. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Managed to beat one route in Fire Emblem last night. Can't believe it took me that long just do it. The game looks like it has a pretty good New Game+ as well. I will probably go back to the game once I get done with DQXI again.

Just started Collection of Mana and really enjoying it so far.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

The Torchlight 2 Switch port is kind of garbage.

Didn't they have Strength and Dexterity mixed up in the stat attribution or something? I don't even know how the hell they would miss that during play testing.

9 hours ago, Twinkie said:

Didn't they have Strength and Dexterity mixed up in the stat attribution or something? I don't even know how the hell they would miss that during play testing.

Yep. The stat highlighted doesn't match the stat being shown in the description. You can get it right on the top and bottom skills if you hit up or down twice but the middle skills are free game on what's being displayed.

So, for the first time ever, I connected my Switch to the TV last night to play some Battlechasers. Wow, good graphics!!!!

I'm giving Battlechasers just a little bit of priority because I want to have it beaten around the release of DQ XI for Switch. Not guaranteed to have it beaten before, but hopefully within a week or two of the release. 

• Like 1