cprmauldin

What RPG's are you currently playing?

Seems as though FOEs have a brand new name in Persona Q. Still the scariest things to run into.

Funny you mention that because my brother informed me that I will also be receiving Persona Q as a part of my gift when it comes in the mail next month.
Awesome, hope you enjoy. You should Try out the demos of Etrian Odyssey IV and Untold on the eshop to get a taste of PQ's style of gameplay.
I will certainly look into it. I was not aware those existed
My Etrian Odyssey IV topic didn't ever pique your interest?

You made an EOIV topic, Platty? I must not've been on the Den then; I would've loved to have been a part of that. Maybe then it wouldn't have taken me so long to beat EOIV then...

Reached the 3rd floor of the first dungeon in PQ. I like the way the game introduces the gameplay elements. It's at a good pace for newcomers and it doesn't feel over whelming.

• Upvote 1

Fire Emblem: Awakening and Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden.

• Upvote 1

You made an EOIV topic, Platty? I must not've been on the Den then; I would've loved to have been a part of that. Maybe then it wouldn't have taken me so long to beat EOIV then...

Reached the 3rd floor of the first dungeon in PQ. I like the way the game introduces the gameplay elements. It's at a good pace for newcomers and it doesn't feel over whelming.

You know, I'm not sure I did. I had a "Summer of IV" a couple years back all about Shin megami tensei IV, Etrian Odyssey IV, and Rune Factory 4. I kept it going for a while. Maybe that's why you missed it - poor title.

Freedom Wars is surprisingly linear considering I thought it'd be a pretty loose experience. I knew there'd be a story and all but this was one of the few times I was hoping the story would take a backseat to gameplay instead of giving it an equal balance. It's obvious they wanted to play with their premise as much as possible but I'd rather they give me the world, tell me about it, and let me run free in it. Instead, there seems to be some Chosen One thing happening right now that I'm just not interested in. Every time I turn on the gas, a story thread stops me dead.

You know, I'm not sure I did. I had a "Summer of IV" a couple years back all about Shin megami tensei IV, Etrian Odyssey IV, and Rune Factory 4. I kept it going for a while. Maybe that's why you missed it - poor title.

That's right, I remember you saying you did that in the past. Hard to believe all those came out last year. 2013 was a beautiful year for gamers in my opinion, especially if you were an RPG gamer. I didn't join the Den till early August last year Platty, so I think I missed your topic cause I don't remember seeing it, even when I would look at the Den before joining. I'd be happy to talk about SMTIV & EOIV whenever though. :P

I'm really tempted to use some oftChristmas money to buy a copy of Persona Q's soundtrack. Meguro did an outstanding job with this soundtrack, and easily rivals his work from Strange Journey (which IMO is his best work).

I was planning on playing and beating them all last summer, but Rune Factory 4 was delayed and my son was born before I could get SMTIV and EOIV beaten. I finished EOIV, but not SMTIV. And then played the hell out of Rune Factory 4 when it came out in the fall.

Hope you'll be able to finish SMTIV at some point Platty. It's one of the strongest/best RPGs on the 3DS. Do you remember where you left off and/or what route you were on?

I've been curious about Rune Factory IV. Would you recommend it to someone who hasn't played any of the past games in the series?

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Hope you'll be able to finish SMTIV at some point Platty. It's one of the strongest/best RPGs on the 3DS. Do you remember where you left off and/or what route you were on?

I've been curious about Rune Factory IV. Would you recommend it to someone who hasn't played any of the past games in the series?

Something was happening back at the monastery. I remember turning it on and thinking "Oh, good. I'll be able to find my place in the guide book easily, and I turned it back off. I would like to finish it, I really enjoyed the 25 or so hours I was into it. I have a feeling Pokemon X or vacation or my son's birth put it on hold. And then Rune Factory 4 arrived...

And yes, Rune Factory 4 is just fine to get into. If you've played the old Zelda games, it feels like that. With farming and crafting/cooking/matchmaking. It's a game I easily put 130 hours into. It's the only game I've played longer on my 3DS than DQIX!

Alright, good to know. Thanks for the info. If the game ever goes on sale on the eshop, I might just pick it up.

Finally got the whole gang together in Persona Q. It's nice to have so many characters now, but there are so many characters to choose from! Glad I can now put Kanji and Shinjiro in the same party now.

I've never played any other Rune Factory games (or Harvest Moon for that matter) and I am really enjoying Rune Factory 4. It's like Zelda/Mana games mixed with Animal Crossing style chores and deeds to take care of in town. 

• Upvote 1

I just started replaying Terranigma, which some may remember as a Zelda-styled SFC RPG from Enix, with character design reminiscent of Chrono Trigger.

It's something I've played and restarted few times, but I've never actually completed it before.  Along the same lines, I've never actually beaten Earthbound.  I stopped somewhere in the middle of this Mother sequel, after playing through and completing a translation of Earthbound 0.  Maybe I'll tackle that one next.

I've never played any other Rune Factory games (or Harvest Moon for that matter) and I am really enjoying Rune Factory 4. It's like Zelda/Mana games mixed with Animal Crossing style chores and deeds to take care of in town. 

I watched a few Let's Plays, and Harvest Moon doesn't sound like it appeals to me.  I just added Rune Factory to my company's GameFly queue, to try it out.

Edited by Liamland

Been playing Persona 3 FES like mad today. I'm already at the start of summer break after finals, so I've made a fair bit of progress.

• Upvote 1

I beaten the seventh gym in Alpha Sapphire and now chasing down Team Aqua to the Seafloor Cavern. And speaking of Rune Factory, I've been playing that too. I'm on

my second playthrough (this game is addicting!) and my sister shown me how to get a certain item yesterday.

@Platty: Man, I wished I saw that thread. EOIV is one of my favorite 3DS games.

I beaten the seventh gym in Alpha Sapphire and now chasing down Team Aqua to the Seafloor Cavern. And speaking of Rune Factory, I've been playing that too. I'm on

my second playthrough (this game is addicting!) and my sister shown me how to get a certain item yesterday.

Great taste in games. I don't know to continue on in Pokemon or try out EOI: Untold next.

What Rune Factory are you playing?

Great taste in games. I don't know to continue on in Pokemon or try out EOI: Untold next.

Untold! Play Untold!

@Platty: Rune Factory 4. I never played the other main games, so I was pleasantly surprised about this game. I may get Untold since I enjoyed EO IV.

• Upvote 1

Untold! Play Untold!

So, Denpa was pissing me off. "Beat" it, then those 3 islands popped up. Beat 1, then thought I had beat the next, but it was some sub boss. Done for now.

Started up Untold and put in almost 10 hours in 2 days. Loving it! Great new elements added and the best of the old brought back. It hasn't pissed me off one. Just beat the first stratum and now off to the other place.

Yangus, what are you playing? Persona 3 or Q?

Excellent Platty, glad you're enjoying it! Untold is a great remake of the original, and the story is pretty in the...well, Story mode. I'll admit I played with the voices turned off because they kind of pulled me out of the experience, but that's just me.

I've been jumping back and forth between them Platty. Right now I've gone back to P3 since I'm close to the ending (I think...), but I haven't lost interest in PQ. I'd like to do an impressions topic about it actually.

Other than that, I've been playing Shin Megami Tensei 1 on iOS a bit. I've made it up to Shinjuku.

Excellent Platty, glad you're enjoying it! Untold is a great remake of the original, and the story is pretty in the...well, Story mode. I'll admit I played with the voices turned off because they kind of pulled me out of the experience, but that's just me.

I've been jumping back and forth between them Platty. Right now I've gone back to P3 since I'm close to the ending (I think...), but I haven't lost interest in PQ. I'd like to do an impressions topic about it actually.

Other than that, I've been playing Shin Megami Tensei 1 on iOS a bit. I've made it up to Shinjuku.

And for once, I'm playing with the sound on. I never play games with the sound on. I like how they yell out weaknesses and such when you encounter enemies. Story mode is great, yes.

Playing Earthbound. Just got the map from the library

• Upvote 1

Do MMORPGs count? Dragon Quest X.

Hmm... Besides DQ6SFC, which got temporarily put on hold when I re-subbed DQX, and DQ3iOS, which I no longer have any interest in finishing now that I have the Super Famicom version and a way to play it with the english patch, I haven't really played any other RPGs lately.

Well, I had been playing Pokemon Ruby, but then Apple killed the dev account that signed GBA4iOS for use with non-jailbroken iPhones. I have no interest in using my GBA or DS lite in public, and when I'm at home, all my gaming time is devoted to DQX, so I guess I'm done playing that game too. Though I plan on jailbreaking my old iPhone instead of selling it, so maybe I can run emulators on that instead. But then I'd be carrying two iPhones and an iPad with me everywhere, which sounds really stupid. Maybe I'll jailbreak the iPad? But if I brick it, I don't have the money to buy a new one. (Same reason I don't try to jailbreak my new phone.)

Maybe I should get around to finishing DQIV iOS? I'm on chapter 5, but I stopped playing when the lightspeed competition was closed. I'd try and finish DQII iOS, because I haven't beaten any version of DQII yet, but it crashes all the time, it's not even fun.

I've had Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne on my mind lately, so I decided to pop the game into my PS2 and am planning to finish off the Labyrinth of Amala. Turns out you can still finish it even after entering the game's final area, so that's more than enough incentive for me to finish off (plus I'll have access to Metatron, which is always a good thing).

As you can tell, I've been on a big SMT kick lately.

• Upvote 1

Well my Nocturne mission has been successful. Defeated Metatron and, after some work, managed to fuse Beelzebub (Human form) and the mighty Shiva. Now begins the long, LONG process of trying to fuse Metatron...