cprmauldin

What RPG's are you currently playing?

22 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Damn. What store? Honestly, it's one of my top 10 favorites. Ever.

It does get very repetitive though, but I really do like crafting and such. Even though a ton of the crafting is the same button presses and similar patterns.

I went into that game thinking I'd not do every job. I 100% the game, then I bought the DLC and did maybe 9 of the 12 jobs on the DLC too. So in all I maybe 97% the game at maybe the 110 hour mark.

I really liked the combat, mainly because of the simplicity of it. It wasn't very challenging, but that's fine. I'm not an ARPG player much, so the simple combat was nice. I felt it was like Rune Factory with the Harvest Moon elements removed.

Walmart. Last month Target had some huge sale where a number of games were $5-25, even Pokémon games, which was the big thing to tip me off to them trying to get rid of stock, and since then every store I’ve gone to has had a hollowed out 3DS section. I went to a GameStop with like three “new” games. My guess is making room for Switch games, since practically every game comes out for it now on top of having healthy first-party support, so they need extra space. Wish they’d extend that to the remaining Wii U games though. They still have a few games I’d like below $60.

Repetitive is good. I’m slowly turning into a “plays games while listening to podcasts or YouTube videos” type of person so repetitive actions are good, so long as it’s fun to do.

Edited by eal
  • Like 1

Walmart. Last month Target had some huge sale where a number of games were $5-25, even Pokémon games, which was the big thing to tip me off to them trying to get rid of stock, and since then every store I’ve gone to has had a hollowed out 3DS section. I went to a GameStop with like three “new” games. My guess is making room for Switch games, since practically every game comes out for it now on top of having healthy first-party support, so they need extra space. Wish they’d extend that to the remaining Wii U games though. They still have a few games I’d like below $60.

Repetitive is good. I’m slowly turning into a “plays games while listening to podcasts or YouTube videos” type of person so repetitive actions are good, so long as it’s fun to do.

I had a complete blast. Really went into the game with Rune Factory level expectations (very high ones and they were met) and thinking I'd do maybe half the jobs. 100+ hours later...

I think this was the game that started the discussion with my wife if it was OK to tap tap tap repeatedly at night on the 3DS. She didn't care, she sleeps soundly pretty quickly.

I bought Crimson Shroud recently on the 3DS and it's a very nice 1-player D&D Module. I'm liking it a lot.

FINALLY! We have an official release date for the PS4 version of Trails of Cold Steel.

https://www.siliconera.com/2019/02/26/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-comes-to-ps4-on-march-26-2019-with-decisive-edition/

• Like 1

I was trying out Legend of Legacy. I feel like I keep having to beat my head against the wall for a while to progress. I'm not sure I'm liking the game all too much.

I love the music, and the general atmosphere of the game, it has a very high difficulty curve early on, making it hard to do a lot.

2 hours ago, Bururian said:

I was trying out Legend of Legacy. I feel like I keep having to beat my head against the wall for a while to progress. I'm not sure I'm liking the game all too much.

I love the music, and the general atmosphere of the game, it has a very high difficulty curve early on, making it hard to do a lot.

You should look into The Alliance Alive instead. It’s what Legend of Legacy should have been in the first place.

YangustheLegendaryBandit speaks the truth. I liked Legend enough to be interested in it and get to the final boss, although a bit frustratingly.

Alliance Alive took the good parts and perfected them with a good story, lauge world, better battles, and tons of characters to try!

46 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

You should look into The Alliance Alive instead. It’s what Legend of Legacy should have been in the first place.

44 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

YangustheLegendaryBandit speaks the truth. I liked Legend enough to be interested in it and get to the final boss, although a bit frustratingly.

Alliance Alive took the good parts and perfected them with a good story, lauge world, better battles, and tons of characters to try!

I'm on chapter 20 of Alliance Alive. I wanted to try out Legend of Legacy as well. I agree with what you both say on this.

• Like 1

I'm on chapter 20 of Alliance Alive. I wanted to try out Legend of Legacy as well. I agree with what you both say on this.
Hahahaha! Chapter 20! I think I spent as long on that chapter as 1-19 combined. That's when it opens up so much.

1 minute ago, Plattym3 said:
5 minutes ago, Bururian said:

Hahahaha! Chapter 20! I think I spent as long on that chapter as 1-19 combined. That's when it opens up so much.

Chapters 1-19 fly by so quickly you can't keep up.

• Like 1

I finally picked up Etrian Odyssey Nexus a few nights ago. Absolutely loving it. 

I’ve been playing Monster Hunter a lot the past 2 weeks. I don’t know why, I just have. Mainly it’s been Monster Hunter World. Currently working through the high rank quests in an attempt to finish the high rank story line. I’m at the point of hunting down the Elder Dragons (the classification for the most dangerous level of monsters) running around the New World now that Nergigante has thrown things off in the ecosystem. However, I just prefer to mess around on Monster Hunter games, so it’s probably going to be a while longer before I try hunting down the elder dragons.

I’ve also been messing around with Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on my Vita when I’m out of the house. Bought it in a PSN sale for $5 a while back and it’s been fun.

Maybe I’ll get back to Etrian Odyssey Nexus at some point, but for now it’s hunting season.

Posted (edited)

Just picked up DQ Heroes 2, Zenith, Star Ocean 3, and The Bard’s Tale off the PSN store.

Should keep me occupied until DQ Builders 2 gets released :)

Edited by Prince of Cannock
  • Like 1

Deep into Yo-Kai Watch 3. I think this game could go on forever. I'm 25ish hours in and the Blasters content alone I've barely scratched the surface. And I'm on chapter 3 of 9 or 10. Loving the puns and every stinking little thing I find!

P5 I put 5 hours into before Nexus and enjoyed, but with P5R on the horizon I wonder if I should wait. I'll never play both. Damnit, why didn't I just play last year?

Currently have 3 games I’m jumping between depending on my mood this week:

1. Etrian Odyssey Nexus - I’m back at this one after a few weeks away. 3rd Stratum Curse kicked in, though this time it was a 5th labyrinth version due to how the game is set up. I’m now on the 5th floor of the Southern Shrine, and my party is still doing okay. I feel my Pugilist is FINALLY getting some good damage in. It’s a slow burn class to get strong in Nexus compared to how it was in EO5.

2. Dark Souls Remastered - Put this back in my PS4 after a random work conversation about Dark Souls. I’ve beaten Seath the Scaleless and now have 2 of the 4 Lord Souls needed. Now to either go fight Nito or the Bed of Chaos. But for now, I’m in the (optional) World of Ariamas area you can access from Anor Londo.

3. Earthbound - Probably not one I’ll play much since I’ve replayed Earthbound so many times, but this has been a good one to relax with after work. Currently back in Twoson after rescuing Paula.

• Like 1

Soooo.

Bouncing between-

World of Final Fantasy Maxima:

Made it to Saronia, currently working on fighting/Imprisming all the Coliseum ticket fights I have, then leveling them up in the secret area of the Nether Nebula. Imported the physical Switch release from Playasia as it included the English text/voices option, and I've always preferred physical media.

Kingdom Hearts 1 Final Mix:

Finally got a copy of The Story So Far. Cleared Atlantica (first trip) and have to make my way to Neverland now.

NieR Automata Game of the YorHa Edition:

Finished the bits up with the Forest Kingdom, ran into A2 and now I've got to find her. Doing some sidequests in the meantime.

Posted (edited)

I’ve defeated the 4 wielders of the Lord Souls in Dark Souls Remastered, and have completed the Artorias of the Abyss content. The battles and areas of this part are pretty cool, and tomorrow I’ll see if I can fight Kalameet.

Manus was pretty tough. He and Artorias were great fights, but I thought Manus was the tougher of the two. They made up for some of the questionable bosses towards the end of the main game (coughBedofChaoscough). Also, a lot of the dialogue in this section is quite good. Sheds some light on the story of the world and some of the major figures of the past.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Posted (edited)

I finally beat Dark Souls Remastered! The final boss was pretty tough, and it made for a few too many close shaves that either led to death, sheer luck to heal afterwards, and eventually victory. 

I’m glad I finally have the first game under my belt. While I still greatly prefer Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3, I had fun with DS1 despite the months in hiatus status. I’m sure I’ll get back to the game again soon enough and go for the other ending.

Maybe now I should try and finish Dark Souls 2. Maybe I’ll enjoy it moreso than when I first tried to play it, but I don’t know for certain.

• Like 1

Working on my Dragon Quest Monsters 2 3DS version some more as I await more DQM news. 

• Like 1

Up past 40 hours now in Yo-Kai Watch 3. Both protagonists have met, got my watch up to Rank B, and I'm in Chapter 7. I'm doing so so so many side quests and stuff it's insane. It's rediculously rich with side content, this game. Love it.

Started up Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;3 V Generation. Really do enjoy the battle system, wish I could ditch 80% of the dialogue. It's pretty funny, but it's just so freaking long! About 6 hours in, Chapter 2.

25 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Started up Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;3 V Generation. Really do enjoy the battle system, wish I could ditch 80% of the dialogue. It's pretty funny, but it's just so freaking long! About 6 hours in, Chapter 2.

You’re the personification of, “reads Playboy for the articles.”

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

(Okay, let me try that edit again.)

Since I finished Dark Souls Remastered and am still in the mood for some more Dark Souls gaming, I started replaying the game thanks to automatic NG+. So far I’ve rung the first Bell of Awakening, getting there in half the time it took for my first playthrough. And yet trouble spots from my first run of DS1 STILL gave me troubles. Thanks Undead Parish!

In Earthbound, I’m at the end of the Jeff section of the game before he joins Ness and Paula. Jeff’s section provides some easy EXP so he can catch up with Ness and Paula, but I like to go a step further and make sure he has the repaired Magnum Air Gun before leaving the Winters area. Once he hits an IQ of 10 and can make it, earning levels against the enemies near the Stone Henge monument is easy pickings. Plus they drop a free full heal Picnic Lunch every time you defeat one! Easy grinding to catch up with the other characters.

I’ve only be playing Earthbound in the evenings after work since I usually work till 9:30 or 10. It makes for a relaxing game to play before bed.

I’m almost done with replaying Dark Souls Remastered and getting the Dark Lord ending. I hope once I achieve it I won’t have to deal with some chosen hero and his friends. I just want to rule the darkness in peace. I tell you, young kids today and their mistreatment towards dark lords....

That aside, I did get my next RPG in the mail today: Trails of Cold Steel PS4. I had to do some looking, but I found out how to transfer my save data from the Vita version (aka Platty’s copy of the game he loaned me like a year ago) to the PS4 version. Even got access to some bonuses for it as well, so that was nice. I didn’t go for the extra money and Max Bond points, but I was happy to take all the extra costumes.

• Like 1

Dragon Quest XI, at about the pace of an hour or two a week. It's damn shameful, but life has just been getting in the way. Trying to increase my playtime and got a good three hours in today, hopefully i'll get a little more. 

Well after some bullshit in Dark Souls Remastered, I managed to get the Dark Lord ending. All hail Greirat, Dark Lord of Lordran. Someday his great great great great great great etc. grandson will appear in the world. Hopefully not as a petty thief. That would be embarrassing to the family legacy.

Anyway, got started on Trails of Cold Steel PS4. Game runs and plays great on the system, and it feels a lot more natural to play it on the big screen than on the Vita. I’m glad the cross save feature works so well too, as I’ve been able to continue my progress no problem. Cross save is an excellent gaming creation IMO. If only the Vita and PS4 versions of Dragon Quest Builders had that feature.

• Like 1