cprmauldin

What RPG's are you currently playing?

12 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Yep, and it especially sucks since it was part of the 25th anniversary celebrating SMT. The game got a massive special edition in Japan complete with a series artbook and several remix CDs. Not a lick of those extras came to the west, not even ONE of the CDs featuring part of the remixes. It really, really sucks. 

shin-megami-tensei-deep-strange-journey-

At least Strange Journey is a damn good RPG and one of best entries in the series, so at least the quality of the game speaks for itself.

(God I hope Shin Megami Tensei V gets more love whenever it releases and comes westward).

Persona 3 and 5 Dancing are literal rhythm games and didn’t even get a soundtrack CD. Not even a dinky selections collection in a cheap-o cardboard sleeve. 

As for SMT 5, I’m sure their big, numbered game on Switch will get plenty of love.

Persona 3 and 5 Dancing are literal rhythm games and didn’t even get a soundtrack CD. Not even a dinky selections collection in a cheap-o cardboard sleeve. 
As for SMT 5, I’m sure their big, numbered game on Switch will get plenty of love.
Here's my version of Persona 3 Dancing on Vita. cc1f98c6583877f085d1394546893bd1.jpg

5 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Here's my version of Persona 3 Dancing on Vita. cc1f98c6583877f085d1394546893bd1.jpg

How devoted you are to marry your P3 waifu.

I’m down to the 2nd floor of Sector Antlia....boy, I forgot how #$*!ing hard Strange Journey can be. I’m totally fine with that though. Strange Journey was the first SMT game I played 6 years ago, and boy, did it teach me quickly you have to play smart. I’m glad they didn’t change that, and I now see where I began to enjoy other games like Darkest Dungeon and the SoulsBorne games.

Anyway, I’m trying to assemble a team of demons that can deal with fire damage. Demons in the 2nd floor and below in Sector Antlia love the Agi line of spells, and if I remember right so does the big boss of the area. So far I’ve fused a Melchom who can naturally reflect Fire and has Tarukaja (aka boosts the entire party’s attack by +1 up to 4 times), so if I can get at least one more demon with Fire resist I should be okay.

Currently playing an early access game called Edge of Eternity. Liking the game so far.

Currently playing an early access game called Edge of Eternity. Liking the game so far.
What's it like?

41 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
On 1/8/2019 at 1:17 PM, ethanej said:

What's it like?

The Battles are like World of Final Fantasy where you have atb but it is set at wait. While in combat you can move your characters around to certain squares with certain squares having nothing on them, a crystal, or  some sort of weapon. The crystals I've been close to so far can either heal, increase attack, or damage you. As far as the story goes the world is at war with civilization from another world and certain pieces of technology have been banned.

Edit: Right at this point in time the devs have a live stream going on https://steamcommunity.com/app/269190/broadcasts/ . 

Edited by ethanej
Stream info.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I'm r@eal ly doing it! 755e85ee98e524de024647131d84dabd.jpg

You sure know how to take my heart! Have fun with the five hour intro at like 9 at night.

Edited by eal

You sure know how to take my heart! Have fun with the five hour intro at like 9 at night.
There's a place to save after 2-3 hours, right?

3 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

There's a place to save after 2-3 hours, right? emoji12.png

Let’s see if you finish if before Sword of Dusk does. Here he was being one of the most outspoken about the game, but he still hasn’t finished it. I’m friends with him on PSN, and the last dungeon he finished (the 7th one) was back in 2017.

15 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

There's a place to save after 2-3 hours, right? emoji12.png

It’s more engaging than P4. You can actually move around and stuff. The in media res opening alone gives you more stuff to do than P4 let you do for like 3 hours.

• Like 1

I seem to be on a Falcom hit lately. I’ve been slowly replaying Trails in the Sky and have been enjoying it much more this time around, and have been looking more into the Ys series again. I cleared some room on my Vita and re-downloaded Ys Chronicles (which features Ys 1 and 2), and have been looking to try and get the PS4 version of Ys VIII. I have the Vita version, but I’d like to get the PS4 version as well. It may be one I go digital for or try and find a decent used copy because hoo boy, the price for new copies is high. Might try my luck at the local game store I like; they seem to be stocked in games both popular and niche.

I think this has all come around because I’m looking forward to the PS4 versions of Cold Steel 1 and 2, and the recent announcement for Cold Steel 3 has me excited and get around to finishing the first two games. I may be terribly slow at Trails games, but I do enjoy them.

• Like 1

So something exciting happened this week I wasn't quite expecting. Put 5 hours into P5 and was getting ready to keep going when all of a sudden I got tagged to play Etrian Odyssey Nexus for review. Put 10 hours into it within my 48 having it and wrote a 1,000 word impression last night that will go live once the first embargo lifts next week. Going to be fortunately playing this game for the next month. Maybe I'll interspace some P5 in there too. Hoping to finish both by Spring Break in 2 months, but that might be too ambitious.

Not gonna bring a gaming system on spring break so I can force myself to get back into Ni No Kuni DS. Not a bad game, but P5 and Nexus are shinier!

4 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

So something exciting happened this week I wasn't quite expecting. Put 5 hours into P5 and was getting ready to keep going when all of a sudden I got tagged to play Etrian Odyssey Nexus for review. Put 10 hours into it within my 48 having it and wrote a 1,000 word impression last night that will go live once the first embargo lifts next week. Going to be fortunately playing this game for the next month. Maybe I'll interspace some P5 in there too. Hoping to finish both by Spring Break in 2 months, but that might be too ambitious.

Not gonna bring a gaming system on spring break so I can force myself to get back into Ni No Kuni DS. Not a bad game, but P5 and Nexus are shinier!

I can’t wait for Etrian Nexus to release. It’s so close, only 2 more weeks come Tuesday! I’m excited there will be a mix of old fan favorite and new content, but I’m most excited about the 19 classes available to choose from. So many options for team builds, and when you include the subclass system they brought back and all the portrait options you can choose from....!!!!

(My reaction is best shown from the :27 second mark onward):

23 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I can’t wait for Etrian Nexus to release. It’s so close, only 2 more weeks come Tuesday! I’m excited there will be a mix of old fan favorite and new content, but I’m most excited about the 19 classes available to choose from. So many options for team builds, and when you include the subclass system they brought back and all the portrait options you can choose from....!!!!

(My reaction is best shown from the :27 second mark onward):

Surprising no one.  :D

Finished the prologue of Trails in the Sky! I’m definitely enjoying the game more this time around, and I’m also really enjoying how much the dialogue changes. I love in Dragon Quest VII that the NPCs (and your party) always have something new to say after even minor events happen in the story, and discovering all those changes makes the world of the game feel more alive. I’m more for the gameplay in an RPG, but I really enjoy when the writing is good like this.

Now it’s time to head to the city of Bose and the start of chapter 1. I’m definitely appreciating/enjoying the game much more now than when I first tried to play it. I did like the game when I first played it, don’t get me wrong, but because of things going on at that time my mind was distracted and I couldn’t really get into the game. Thankfully that is not the case this time, and maybe I’ll finish a non-Ys Falcom game in a decent time now! Haha 😜

Finished Chapter 1 of Trails in the Sky. Due to the weather around here I had a few days off from work this week so I got a lot of extra playtime in. Story was getting interesting, though I’m not sure how I feel about Estelle and Joshua being like, “Let’s just go on a big adventure now and maybe find out some more info on our dad! YEAAAAAAAAAH!” Seems odd.

• Like 1

Currently playing Tales of Zestiria.

Chapter 2 progress of Trails in the Sky is a go! Just reached the new city of Ruan with a potential new party member, Kloe, in tow. I wasn’t expecting the Ruan region of the Liberl Kingdom to be an oceanside area, so that was a surprise. Now we just need some alternate character portraits where everyone is wearing  sunglasses.

Chapter 2 progress of Trails in the Sky is a go! Just reached the new city of Ruan with a potential new party member, Kloe, in tow. I wasn’t expecting the Ruan region of the Liberl Kingdom to be an oceanside area, so that was a surprise. Now we just need some alternate character portraits where everyone is wearing  sunglasses.
That's part of the bikini DLC.

16 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

That's part of the bikini DLC.

More games need beach stuff like Super Mario Sunshine does.

mario_odyssey_dlc_costume1.png

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

More games need beach stuff like Super Mario Sunshine does.

mario_odyssey_dlc_costume1.png

Honestly though, Sunshine is very underrated. The camera is jank, but aside from that I can’t find much fault with the game overall.

Looks like stores are starting to phase out 3DS games because I bought a brand new copy of Fantasy Life for $3. It’s been awhile since there was conversation for it, how was it?

Looks like stores are starting to phase out 3DS games because I bought a brand new copy of Fantasy Life for $3. It’s been awhile since there was conversation for it, how was it?
Damn. What store? Honestly, it's one of my top 10 favorites. Ever.

It does get very repetitive though, but I really do like crafting and such. Even though a ton of the crafting is the same button presses and similar patterns.

I went into that game thinking I'd not do every job. I 100% the game, then I bought the DLC and did maybe 9 of the 12 jobs on the DLC too. So in all I maybe 97% the game at maybe the 110 hour mark.

I really liked the combat, mainly because of the simplicity of it. It wasn't very challenging, but that's fine. I'm not an ARPG player much, so the simple combat was nice. I felt it was like Rune Factory with the Harvest Moon elements removed.