cprmauldin

What RPG's are you currently playing?

To be honest, the dungeon crawling feels tacked on in P4.  The battle system is great as it keeps to the Shin Megami Tensei style of fighting with some alternations, but trudging through the dungeons themselves feels like a chore.  I don't care for the randomization of each floor whenever you revisit a dungeon, and would have preferred to see each dungeon have dedicated layouts instead of constant hallways that have a different design depending on which dungeon you're in.  I'd be fine if Void Quest was like that since older RPGs were like that, having a number of dead ends with twisting paths, but every dungeon being like that gets old (IMO).

Perhaps I'm being too nit-picky though.  Either way, I'm just not a big fan of P4's dungeon crawling.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

I have been playing Tales of Graces F these past weeks and I'm having a blast with it. I have gotten used to the battle system and I love how you make crazy

combos with Eleth Break. After this I might play FF 10.

Decided I needed to familiarize myself with the P3 cast before playing Persona Q, so I started up Persona 3 FES and it is already WAAAAAAAAAAY more interesting than 4.  By that, I mean I was drawn into the world much easier.  It could be that it seems a lot more like a SMT game than P4 does, having the mysterious atmosphere while still going to the beat of it's own drum.  Either way, I'm glad I started it up.

It probably has to do with it's much faster start than P4's. I love that game, but damn is it a long, long slog through exposition and no control. It's probably about 4 hours of just text that introduces you to the world and the characters before you get into any actual gameplay. That's the length of half the campaign of some games.

P3 doesn't take quite as long to give the player an introduction to the basic conceit of the game.

P3 doesn't take quite as long to give the player an introduction to the basic conceit of the game.

Damn conceited games! I won't give them the time of day.

Anyway... I'm done with my DQIII side quest so now back to the new Pokemon. That topic hasn't really been blowing up as much as when X and Y came out a year ago. I'm about at badge 4 or 5. Played around with some berries and refamiliaizing myself with my team.

Anyway... I'm done with my DQIII side quest so now back to the new Pokemon. That topic hasn't really been blowing up as much as when X and Y came out a year ago. I'm about at badge 4 or 5. Played around with some berries and refamiliaizing myself with my team.

• Upvote 1

I'm getting deja vu from your post.

Playing Dragon Age Inquisitor right now. Man that's a long game. Long but good. Starting to drag a little however (at 90 hours and counting).

Edited by Red Dragon

@eal - It's more like treja vu. 3rd times the charm, as they say.

Just completed the first full moon event after the start of P3 (Monorail incident) and currently getting ready for midterm week in-game.  I have to say I prefer Junpei over Yosuke as the "dudebro" party member of the group.  Junpei is much more likeable and isn't as annoying as Yosuke IMO.

Rune Factory 4... Does that count? I think it does!

I'm also playing Dragon Quest II on my phone. Just traded the 5 sigils for the Rubiss Charm so I'm getting somewhere!!

Does Rune Factory 4 count? Platty would say "yes."

Sorta playing Suikoden II. I say "sorta" because it wasn't a wise move to start a long RPG 3 days before Christmas.

Rune Factory 4... Does that count? I think it does!

Heck yeah! I just fired up my 3ds for the first time in months with the new Pokemon in November. I always like to check my play history. Still coming in #1 in length is that amazing RPG Rune Factory 4. Hell, I spent so much time on it, my keyboard app on my phone has prediction built in. Look at what it says when I start a new app & get ready to type something in. 9e6004f75d562f8f1726a05da6ee16e2.jpg

Basically I've spent a lot of time starting sentences with I, and searching about DQVIII and Rune Factory!

Playing Dragon Age Inquisitor right now. Man that's a long game. Long but good. Starting to drag a little however (at 90 hours and counting).

Hey I am also playing it. I am thinking it is a really amazing game. I am about 15 hours so far only. Just decided to ally the mages (instead of the templars) and everyone at level 8/7, Main Character (warrior), Cassandra, Dorian, Solas. 2 Warriors and 2 Mages that use Immobilize/Frozen abilities.

Playing Pokémon X and Alpha Sapphire. My current projects are transferring from X to AS and breeding Swinub

Hey I am also playing it. I am thinking it is a really amazing game. I am about 15 hours so far only. Just decided to ally the mages (instead of the templars) and everyone at level 8/7, Main Character (warrior), Cassandra, Dorian, Solas. 2 Warriors and 2 Mages that use Immobilize/Frozen abilities.

I was an archer. Cassandra can take a ton of damage and attention as a tank and I can Long Shot and Full Draw and take 50% of health (or more) of many mid-level enemies in one hit. Late game, it takes most out in one hit. I rotated my party, but in tough spots and boss fights, I usually used Cassandra, Iron Bull (or Blackwall), and a mage (Dorian ice, Solis spirit, Vivienne fire). I used Varric sometimes in place of Iron Bull for range attacks.

Plugging in a lot of time to Persona 3. I've already rescued Fuuka and have reached the 47th floor. I've greatly enjoyed this game a lot more than P4 to be honest, feeling a lot more invested in the world of the game and it's characters. Plus I love the atmosphere and the feeling of progress when climbing Tartarus and reaching the next warp terminal.

Plugging away at The Denpa Men, They Came in Waves. Doing a little Pokemon omega ruby on the side.

Plugging away at The Denpa Men, They Came in Waves. Doing a little Pokemon omega ruby on the side.

Does Denpasar Men know what you're doing behind their backs?

Got Persona Q! Can't wait to start that up, but I have no idea which hero I should start with.

Freedom Wars for Christmas. Shame they took out voice customization for the Western release, but what are you gonna do? I'm still trying to get a feel for the controls but once I do, I'm sure to love it.

Just started DQ III Android.  Starting with a Warrior/Gadabout/Priest.  Going to change the Warrior to a Fighter/Priest to a Thief/Gadabout to a Sage. 

Seems as though FOEs have a brand new name in Persona Q.  Still the scariest things to run into.

Seems as though FOEs have a brand new name in Persona Q.  Still the scariest things to run into.

Funny you mention that because my brother informed me that I will also be receiving Persona Q as a part of my gift when it comes in the mail next month.

Seems as though FOEs have a brand new name in Persona Q. Still the scariest things to run into.

Funny you mention that because my brother informed me that I will also be receiving Persona Q as a part of my gift when it comes in the mail next month.

Awesome, hope you enjoy. You should Try out the demos of Etrian Odyssey IV and Untold on the eshop to get a taste of PQ's style of gameplay.

Seems as though FOEs have a brand new name in Persona Q. Still the scariest things to run into.

Awesome, hope you enjoy. You should Try out the demos of Etrian Odyssey IV and Untold on the eshop to get a taste of PQ's style of gameplay.

I will certainly look into it. I was not aware those existed