What RPG's are you currently playing?

On 8/17/2018 at 3:52 AM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Eh, don’t worry. I’m just giving you crap. Hope you enjoy what you play of World of FF. Let us know how the game is, as I’ve yet to start my copy on Vita.

On 8/17/2018 at 3:59 AM, Plattym3 said:
On 8/17/2018 at 12:20 AM, cprmauldin said:
I had a feeling something like this was coming my way emoji23.png
It will not be a permanent hiatus, I swear. I've been doing a damn fine job actually finishing my games the last few years.

That being said, I did start World of Final Fantasy. I've played about two hours and I am still wrapping my head around the unique party and battle system. Lots of fun though.

Eh, don’t worry. Twinsie's just giving you crap. Hope you enjoy what you play of World of FF. Let us know how the game is, as I’ve yet to want a my copy on Vita.

So I'm hovering around five hours into the game. So far, so good. I am still getting used to the Mirage and stacking systems, which the game is based upon. The game has a cross-save feature, which kinda makes me wish I had a Vita.

Positives of the game so far:

-Gameplay is smooth

-Voice acting is cool

-Battles are simple and familiar to anyone who has played FF

-Collecting the creatures of the Final Fantasy world is fun and nostalgic

-Heavy customization means no two people have the same adventure

Negatives:

-The camera is kinda weird sometimes and I feel like it doesn't show enough of the map at any one time

-Some of the jokes are really really corny

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dragon Quest III iOS. Ready for EO Untold II.

OK, I have a good three hours clocked in FFIX now, so it's time for first impressions!   -I love this game. In this short time of playing, I'm already having a blast, and I'm sure it'll only get be

Shameless plug for Dark Cloud while we’re talking PS2 games 😋

Posted Images

Put another 2 hours into Demon Gaze II. The challenge hasn’t ramped up yet 4 hours in, but I think now that I’ve gotten the first couple demons (just got Leo and Capricorn!), I’m expecting things to get tougher from here.

Put another 2 hours into Demon Gaze II. The challenge hasn’t ramped up yet 4 hours in, but I think now that I’ve gotten the first couple demons (just got Leo and Capricorn!), I’m expecting things to get tougher from here.
Fun. I think I bought the first, will wait for a price drop for II as I won't be playing them anytime soon anyway. How do you like it?

Finished of Child of Light this morning. I really ended up not being too much a fan of the limited battle system, but the visuals and music kept me going (mark that down, I doubt you'll ever see that, even if I post another 20,000 times).

Need to fire up a Cosmic Star Heroine Walkthrough and try to figure out where the heck I left off. I should easily be able to finish that before DQXI too, without any RPGamer distraction this week. c69dee3a04e8f07523dfd021a4dc33e4.jpg
3 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Fun. I think I bought the first, will wait for a price drop for II as I won't be playing them anytime soon anyway. How do you like it?

I’m having fun with it but would like for it to ramp up a bit. Now that I’ve got the first four demons in my party, I expect it should get a bit more challenging.

And I was right, there is a sort of rubbing mechanic. You just vaguely tap a part of the screen looking for what is basically a sweet spot. You go on dates when their likability goes up (I think that’s the term they used), but they’re really more just hang-outs. Like Persona, there’s a tangible benefit for doing this. They learn some skills and a stat goes up.

I bought Blue Reflection, the magical girl RPG with heavy yuri undertones

Heard mixed views on it, but I'm curious to try it since Persona + Sailor Moon sounds like a concept that should work fairly well. Also the art is gorgeous. I probably won't get too far in it anytime soon. MHXX/Generations U comes out this week, and DQXI the following week so I'm pretty booked.

Hopefully I can grab this DLC still:

Dli3yJNU0AEf2QW.jpg

On 8/18/2018 at 12:21 AM, TheKingOfTheDragovians said:

Playing Kingdom Hearts II. I'm having a lot of fun with the game and the combat system. It's definitely a step up from the first game. Screw Demyx though.

Fira helps with Demyx a lot, at least that's how I got past him.

I have mixed feelings on Kingdom Hearts 2. I did enjoy it but it was basically a few fights followed by exposition followed by a few fights followed by more exposition. KH1 had a bit more adventure to it. I'm curious how 3 will turn out but I have feeling it's gonna be more like 2 than 1.

I do want in on that soundtrack though. Waiting for it to pop up on Amazon Japan. I have the Kingdom Hearts Complete Box, so I need 3's to keep up :P

12 minutes ago, Fates said:

Heard mixed views on it, but I'm curious to try it since Persona + Sailor Moon sounds like a concept that should work fairly well. Also the art is gorgeous. I probably won't get too far in it anytime soon. MHXX/Generations U comes out this week, and DQXI the following week so I'm pretty booked.

Dli3yJNU0AEf2QW.jpg

Ayyyyy. I got that game a few months ago. The music, setting, minimalist UI design, and pastel colors was...that aesthetic choice that always gives me weird, but good, vibes.

Edited by eal

I haven’t played much in RPGs in awhile, but I have been trying to finish Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam. I just need to return to Mt. Brrrrr, find the few missing items/blocks, and then it will be off to confront the two Bowsers.

48 minutes ago, Fates said:

Dli3yJNU0AEf2QW.jpg

Man I love Aranea.

The RPGs I've being playing recently are:

Miitopia (So far I've put around 25-35 hours into it. But what can I say? It's a good game.)

Dragon Quest VIII 3ds Version (Just started playing it three days ago, actually. I'm liking it so far.)

So I guess I'm switching between Miitopia and Dragon Quest VIII right now. But a non-RPG I've been somewhat playing is Tomodachi Life. Non-RPGs are a rare occurrence for me because I usually don't like 'em after 2-4 hours of gameplay.

Trying to finish Cosmic Star Heroine & it's dragging. It's only chapter 4, but when I started it I swear I whipped through 3 hours of gameplay without blinking. Here months later I play 20 minutes and walk away. Really want all my current games done by next week.

FINALLY. Finished Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam. The last area of the game is the worst part of the game. Everyone complains the game has a lot of padding, but the end of the game is the worst of it. In the final stretch you have to endure a battle gauntlet against random enemies, then a battle against all of the Koopalings again with no chances to heal inbetween. And then you have to deal with the two Bowsers in a dual form final boss fight which just drags out because of how long the attacks go.

And then you get what’s easily the worst ending of the series. Just....such a letdown.

Moving from that, I did enjoy Paper Jam. It isn’t the best game in the series, but i did enjoy it (for the most part). The side missions were fun, the game did make me laugh out loud several times, and while there wasn’t too much done with the idea it was cool to see two Mario worlds collide.

I’d give the game an 8/10. It’s fun for the most part, but there are times where it really drags (for me the end game).

• Like 1

I busted through Dragon Quest II and the final boss of Dragon Quest III on PS4 in Japanese. I wanted to finish the bonus dungeon in III before XI, but I burned myself out kind of bad since I don’t know Japanese and still played that much. 

Stayed up tonight to get a couple more hours into World of FF. Nothing significant to report, other than I am happy with the frequency of save points. This will probably be my last session with the game for quite a while, seeing as DQ XI comes out on Tuesday and my house will be done in October.

So I mentioned a while ago that I wanted to replay Nier Automata.

I've been taking my sweet time with the game. Still replaying Route A trying to do all the side quests and get all the joke endings and weapons. Then after that there's the Route B exclusive quests.

I know that Nier Automata basically became everyone's favorite game of all time overnights, but sometimes things are popular because they're good. Automata reminds me of another one of my favorite games Majora's Mask. Mostly in the feeling it gives me while playing it.

Am going to split my game time between DQ11 (of course) and the PC Version of The Last Remnant.  I wish I'd actually played the game months before it was doomed to be unlisted from Steam tomorrow. It's a bit of a mixed bag, but I like it.  I'll enjoy it at least.  Just wish I'd discovered it before so I could tell others about it in time for them to grab it if interested.

I’m not sure what RPG to play next on my 3DS now that I’m done with M&L: Paper Jam. I would like to continue replaying Etrian 5 or Dragon Quest VII, but at the same time I should probably start Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology, The Alliance Alive, or SMT Strange Journey Redux.

I plan to continue Trails of Cold Steel of course. Just trying to figure out what to put in my 3DS when I want a change.

Haha, I got all three of those too, Twinsie. They'll have to wait a bit though.

Finished up Cosmic Star Heroine just now. Pretty good game. Wish I'd have paid more attention as there were battle mechanics I didn't realize until near the final chapter. But, it was a pretty easy and fun game. Maybe 12-15ish hours.

I actually am not in the middle of any games for the first time in... I can't recall.

Got DQXI coming tomorrow, so that gap won't be for long! Glad I finished up everything I wanted to this summer!

31 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Haha, I got all three of those too, Twinsie. They'll have to wait a bit though.

Part of me wants to start The Alliance Alive. The changes I’ve heard about it compared to Legend of Legacy (and the penguin party member) makes me want to play it first of the 3.

Of course, I’ve felt like playing something SMT related, and Strange Journey Redux would scratch the itch. I’m still confused about the lack of an English dub in the game, but it should still be good.

Part of me wants to start The Alliance Alive. The changes I’ve heard about it compared to Legend of Legacy (and the penguin party member) makes me want to play it first of the 3.
Of course, I’ve felt like playing something SMT related, and Strange Journey Redux would scratch the itch. I’m still confused about the lack of an English dub in the game, but it should still be good.
Alliance Alive seems the shortest, followed by RH, and of course Strange Journey is longer than both of them combined.
13 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
23 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Alliance Alive seems the shortest, followed by RH, and of course Strange Journey is longer than both of them combined.

That’s because Strange Journey is the best

Guess I’ll start with Alliance Alive. What’s the expected length of the game? 40 hours?

That’s because Strange Journey is the best
Guess I’ll start with Alliance Alive. What’s the expected length of the game? 40 hours?
More or less depending on how much you do. ff2cc91acaaa2e14046eaa4ee9ac7a0f.jpg
7 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I should probably start Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology, The Alliance Alive, or SMT Strange Journey Redux.

Absolutely Strange Journey. I'm literally at the final boss of Radiant Historia right now, and it's a terrible game. I don't know why I played it till the end. I guess I wanted to be able to pass judgment on it, without missing some important advances to the plot or something.

edit: Never played Alliance Alive, it might be good :)

Edited by Sumez