cprmauldin

What RPG's are you currently playing?

On 2018年5月4日 at 8:54 AM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Yes. It tells you that immediately  upon starting the game. This is what you see before it transitions to the title screen:

intro.jpg

Woah, that sounds pretty neat! Is it a turn-based game with perma-death? 

2 minutes ago, gooieooie said:

Woah, that sounds pretty neat! Is it a turn-based game with perma-death? 

Yes. You do some dungeon crawling with a 4 man party (not first person style like Etrian Odyssey), and battles play out in turn based fashion.

If you're curious about the game, there's plenty of starter tips videos on YouTube. Give them and some gameplay a watch, see if it clicks with you. It's hard, but very enjoyable.

• Upvote 1

It's hard, but very enjoyable.

Someone else said that recently.
Oh, that's right!

It was SHE.

26 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Oh, that's right!

It was SHE.

Bravo, Platty. Bravo.

On 5/6/2018 at 10:35 AM, Plattym3 said:

Oh, that's right!

It was SHE.

Doesn't have the same effect as simply saying "That's what she said."

Oh, I dunno, Plat's roundabout tryhards are endearing in their own special way.

• Like 1

I’m slowly but (hopefully) surely figuring out Darkest Dungeon. It’s been a lot like when I first played Bloodborne and Dark Souls III: frustrating at first due to my failures, but slowing down and taking better time to figure things out has made it click and rewarding. Still difficult though, but fun! 

I’ll be playing it more and more now that I’ve wrapped up Ni no Kuni 2. I do plan to go for the platinum trophy for NNK2, especially since I’m so close to it at this point.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

I just finished the main storyline of Sun and Moon and the ending took waayyy too long. They've squashed basically three endings into one and then threw a boss battle in for kicks. A boss battle you weren't allowed to prepare for.

The Pokemon scenario designer needs an editor.

Been enjoying Battletech, and a bit of EO5 again, but now is time to prepare for SMT Strange Journey Redux.  Seeing how there's no special edition, there's no reason not to download it directly at midnight the 15th, and a very compelling reason to do so:  Husbando works all morning, and we have to meet his father and stepmother for dinner that night.

All Final Fantasy IV and EO: Untold for me. Not that I've had that much playtime...

Between lots of work and these two games, I'm not sure I'll get around to World of Final Fantasy before Dragon Quest XI comes out.

26 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

All Final Fantasy IV and EO: Untold for me.

A winning combination of RPGs. Very nice.

Now that I've finished off Ni no Kuni 2 (a game I REALLY enjoyed and would definitely call one of my favorites of 2018) I've gotten back to Darkest Dungeon and am now working on Monster Meadows in Dragon Quest VII 3DS. Doing good so far on the latter! Have all the DLC monsters now thanks to @ignasia, and have been able to track down all the monsters that were still marked as ?????? in the Big Book of Beasts. Still have a long way to go for recruiting all the monsters, but so far so good!

Criminal Girls 2 has waaaay too much dialogue, a lot of it’s extraneous info that keeps getting revisited. I also don’t like these points where the game stops once you hit a safe area and you have to talk to every girl. Usually they just repeat the same stuff that’s been said a million times.

It’s also very grindy, shockingly so. It’s almost meta that this game would have a ton of grinding, heh. I’m four hours in, level 8 across the board, and only in the first major area.

However, I’m determined to reach the end, so we’ll see how that goes.

On 5/8/2018 at 1:19 PM, JaybirdC said:

I just finished the main storyline of Sun and Moon and the ending took waayyy too long. They've squashed basically three endings into one and then threw a boss battle in for kicks. A boss battle you weren't allowed to prepare for.

The Pokemon scenario designer needs an editor.

I assume you figured out that Tapu Koko can still be caught in the post game, right?

And now I miss Lillie again.

On 5/13/2018 at 10:56 AM, eal said:

Criminal Girls 2 has waaaay too much dialogue, a lot of it’s extraneous info that keeps getting revisited. I also don’t like these points where the game stops once you hit a safe area and you have to talk to every girl. Usually they just repeat the same stuff that’s been said a million times.

It’s also very grindy, shockingly so. It’s almost meta that this game would have a ton of grinding, heh. I’m four hours in, level 8 across the board, and only in the first major area.

rocketpowered-bicycles-avoiding-over-and-under-engineering-your-product-13-638.jpg

I went ahead and downloaded Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade onto my phone in order to play it again. It's still fun, but I'm reminded of how much Roy utterly sucks. 

Started Cosmic Star Heroine and enjoyed it for 3 hours... then got busy essay writing.

Put in a good 20 hours with Joker 3... then felt guilty for not writing more.

Got Undertale this weekend. Odd game, not sure it's worth it for me. But maybe I'll just knock out an ending here in a week.

Stardew Valley Vita drops in less than 24 hours. Unless I'm far off on my personal hype (like I was with Ever Oasis), that's what I'll be mainly playing for a while, other 3 games on the side.

Started Cosmic Star Heroine and enjoyed it for 3 hours... then got busy essay writing.

Got Undertale this weekend. Odd game, not sure it's worth it for me. But maybe I'll just knock out an ending here in a week.

Stardew Valley Vita drops in less than 24 hours. Unless I'm far off on my personal hype (like I was with Ever Oasis), that's what I'll be mainly playing for a while, other 3 games on the side.

46 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Speaking of Cosmic Star Heroine, I don’t usually hype up Limited Run Games, especially when they only release games in 3000 copies for a few minutes until they’re gone, but they’re doing open pre-orders on physical copies of CSH, so you get some time to put an order in. I’m down for one.

On 5/21/2018 at 1:36 PM, Plattym3 said:

Game takes a while to grow on you, and its fanbase is disgusting, but it is truly a great example of captivating storytelling and well done characters despite its sarcastic approach to pretty much every line being said.

Be sure to go for pure pacifist if you want just one ending. It's really endearing.

Also remember: Anime is real

2 hours ago, Sumez said:

Game takes a while to grow on you, and its fanbase is disgusting, but it is truly a great example of captivating storytelling and well done characters despite its sarcastic approach to pretty much every line being said.

Be sure to go for pure pacifist if you want just one ending. It's really endearing.

Also remember: Anime is real

I’ve never heard anything negative about Undertale fans.

Well now you have :D

I guess I should say the excessive fandom is annoying, not so much individual fans. Just like Rick & Morty fans make me embarassed to find that show funny.

1 hour ago, Sumez said:

Well now you have :D

I guess I should say the excessive fandom is annoying, not so much individual fans. Just like Rick & Morty fans make me embarassed to find that show funny.

I don’t know if any fandom is more embarrassingly annoying then the Rick and Morty fans.

I don't know, there's Touhou and Sonic up there.

8 minutes ago, Sumez said:

I don't know, there's Touhou and Sonic up there.

Well, I would consider Sonic fans more cringey then annoying. They aren’t screaming Crush 40 songs in your ear as loudly as Rick and Morty fans are yelling “WUBBA-LUBBA-DUB-DUB!”

Well, file Undertale fans in the cringeworthy department then.

That said, and it bears repeating, the game is incredibly well done, and deserves popularity.

3 minutes ago, Sumez said:

Well, file Undertale fans in the cringeworthy department then.

That said, and it bears repeating, the game is incredibly well done, and deserves popularity.

I’ve mostly seen people criticize it as “SJW” and “Tumblr: The Game” more so then any cringeness in the fandom. They act normally from what I’ve seen, it’s the people that hate it that are overzealous from my perspective.