cprmauldin

What RPG's are you currently playing?

2 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

I actually ended up going with the PSP version of IV. It was significantly cheaper on Amazon and I like the idea of giving my PSP some love. If for some reason I find it completely unplayable, I'll probably break down and buy the DS version anyways.

I also realized I have Final Fantasy Anthology for PS1, which includes V and VI.

...Looks like I may go on a bit of a FF kick here soon.

Of course, I still have to beat Pokemon UM, Fallout 4, and I ordered Dragon Quest Heroes II, which I'll throw in the mix.

Enjoy. And as for 4, I may prefer the DS version, but the PSP version of 4 is great as well. Like Yangus said, especially the beginning portion is super easy, but it is a fun game all the same.

22 hours ago, Emptilion said:

Enjoy. And as for 4, I may prefer the DS version, but the PSP version of 4 is great as well. Like Yangus said, especially the beginning portion is super easy, but it is a fun game all the same.

I will in due time.

I'm sure I'll be updating on here as soon as I start playing it.

Today is the 30th anniversary of Final Fantasy.  The famicom version of the original launched on December 18th 1987, and I wish the franchise another successful decade or two.

I'm listening to the OST for FF1 and 2 from famicom as i type this.  I have owned the CD "All sounds of Final Fantasy 1 + 2" for years  Given how many RPGs of other series I'm wrapped up in, I haven't the time to play a game for the anniversary, except maybe a round or two of Curtain Call.  Still, the osts are a nice celebration.  :D

I... never finished VII, huh? 

Maybe I'll try playing FF1 sometime soon, and then work my way up. :I

3 minutes ago, gooieooie said:

Nah man, go back to FFIX. You were so close to finishing it!

Seriously though, you'll finish a Final Fantasy game one of these days, gooie! 

Personally I've been wanting to replay FFIV again after all the talk of Final Fantasy. Maybe I'll break out my SNES copy since I have my SNES still plugged in and enjoy the delightfully Engrish translation it has.

3 hours ago, gooieooie said:

I don't blame you lol. All the FF games tend to have slow parts, during which interest can falter.

The only one I don't specifically recall having certain, "Trudging," points was the DQ III remake for the DS. I'm sure they were there, I just don't remember them.

6 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

The only one I don't specifically recall having certain, "Trudging," points was the  DQ III remake for the DS . I'm sure they were there, I just don't remember them.

IMG_0389.PNG.43ba5676b07f155387679409ab93e60d.PNG

...Is it just me or did we lose some posts here?

Anyways, I beat Pokemon UM last night. There is still a ton to do in the game, but for now I'm going to hop back into Fallout 4.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

...Is it just me or did we lose some posts here?

Anyways, I beat Pokemon UM last night. There is still a ton to do in the game, but for now I'm going to hop back into Fallout 4.

It happens every time the Den goes down for a bit. It was rolled back to Tuesday. I even got an alert about a PM I got and read on Tuesday.

Yo, that Catherine remake looks good. I guess the new girl they're introducing is transgender, which is weird since there's already a rumored trans character in the game they could've gone with.

Edited by eal

Yeah a few, there was about 30-90 minutes between when they made the database backup and I got the forums shut down.

3 hours ago, eal said:

Yo, that Catherine remake looks good. I guess the new girl they're introducing is transgender, which is weird since there's already a rumored trans character in the game they could've gone with.

Atlus loves giving updates releases to 90% of their games.

I'm glad it is getting one though since I didn't get the chance to play the PS3/Xbox 360 version. Not sure if I'll get it on Vita or PS4 though. 

Also, I've seen people mention the trans thing about the new girl Rin, but I'm not sure where people are getting that info about her. Could be I just haven't come across the article that mentions it.

Anyway, since my last post was wiped, I'll update my FF4 progress: I'm off to Troia to obtain the Earth Crystal. I wish the PSP version was a bit tougher (especially in the beginning hours), but with the next few dungeons things will start to pick up.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

38 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Atlus loves giving updates releases to 90% of their games.

I'm glad it is getting one though since I didn't get the chance to play the PS3/Xbox 360 version. Not sure if I'll get it on Vita or PS4 though. 

Also, I've seen people mention the trans thing about the new girl Rin, but I'm not sure where people are getting that info about her. Could be I just haven't come across the article that mentions it.

Anyway, since my last post was wiped, I'll update my FF4 progress: I'm off to Troia to obtain the Earth Crystal. I wish the PSP version was a bit tougher (especially in the beginning hours), but with the next few dungeons things will start to pick up.

It's implied. At the end of the trailer, Vincent's mouth opens wide in horrified surprised while he's looking at her naked crotch.

13 minutes ago, eal said:

It's implied. At the end of the trailer, Vincent's mouth opens wide in horrified surprised while he's looking at her naked crotch.

Ah. I haven't watched the trailer yet.

6 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Ah. I haven't watched the trailer yet.

I would believe it if they introduced a trans character, but at the same time, it could just as easily be the scene where Vincent first wakes up in bed with her. I remember him having a similar reaction to Catherine in that instance.

I really need to get around to playing DQVII on the 3DS. Only played the game for a week and has been well over a year now since it was released.

Nearing the end of Etrian Odyssey 5. Should have 1 more optional boss to fight to level up to 99, and I'm 1 floor away from the end of the bonus dungeon. About done there.

Dungeon Travelers 2 is going ok. Lots to grind to finish the chapter. I'm on the very beginning of Chapter 6 (of 10), so halfway! I'm at 20ish hours there. Howlongtobeat.com says it's about 60 hours, so the grind has only just begun.

Definitely decided to get going with Trail of Cold Steel next. Been seeing a lot about it recently, and I already own it thanks to an Amazon sale over the summer. I've never had much of a purchased backlog, but since I've been buying older games on sale quite regularly, I'm good for at least a year between P5, Cold Steel, and a slew of older games.

Gonna go post in the What's New area why it might be a bare winter/spring.

10 hours ago, Twinkie said:

I really need to get around to playing DQVII on the 3DS. Only played the game for a week and has been well over a year now since it was released.

You absolutely do.

Drop whatever else you're doing and start playing that game!

43 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

You absolutely do.

Drop whatever else you're doing and start playing that game!

If I didn't know any better, I'd say you really like Dragon Quest VII... :laugh:

Jokes aside, I'd recommend the same if you haven't played DQ7 yet. I had tried to start replaying DQ7 a little this week to try and cheer me up, but...well, Final Fantasy IV happened. :P

21 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

If I didn't know any better, I'd say you really like Dragon Quest VII... :laugh:

Jokes aside, I'd recommend the same if you haven't played DQ7 yet. I had tried to start replaying DQ7 a little this week to try and cheer me up, but...well, Final Fantasy IV happened. :P

Yeah. I'd probably have a similar reaction if he said he had  Dragon Quest VIII lying around and hadn't played it yet :)

As for me, I'm back into Fallout. The amount of content in the game still astounds me. My plan is to finish the game at some point in January, but with everything there is to do, it will highly depend on the amount of time I can devote to the game.

Got Ending A of Nier:Automata, now the real game begins.

^I actually got Nier: Automata for Christmas. Imma wait until I finish Muramasa Rebirth before I have a go at it though.

I've been playing Dark Souls III: The Fire Fades Edition most of the afternoon before heading to my family Christmas.

Man, this game has been AWESOME so far! This is what I expected from the Dark Souls series, and it's already way better than what I've played of Dark Souls II. Hidetaka Miyazaki being the director makes a big difference in the quality of the product.

Like Bloodborne, I was blown away by the first few environments. The graveyard you awaken in, the Fire Shrine, High Lothric...it's only been a few hours of play and I'm loving the world. Lots of good details and enemy placements for learning the combat of Dark Souls, as there have been a good mix of fast and slow enemies. I still need to work in parry timing with the shield (I half expect a gunshot to go off due to "muscle," memory from Bloodborne!), but I'm enjoying it.

So far, I'm about to leave the High Lothric portion after defeating Vordt of the Boreal Valley. He and the first boss were fun, and thankfully I wasn't stuck fighting one of them nearly 50 times just to make progress!

Definitely looking forward to playing more of the game!

(Also, one of the NPCs in the Shrine is voiced by the guy who voices Angelo in DQ8/DQ Heroes 2. It's hilarious to hear him voice someone who is the complete 180 of Angelo!)

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

55 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I've been playing Dark Souls III: The Fire Fades Edition most of the afternoon before heading to my family Christmas.

Man, this game has been AWESOME so far! This is what I expected from the Dark Souls series, and it's already way better than what I've played of Dark Souls II. Hidetaka Miyazaki being the director makes a big difference in the quality of the product.

Like Bloodborne, I was blown away by the first few environments. The graveyard you awaken in, the Fire Shrine, High Lothric...it's only been a few hours of play and I'm loving the world. Lots of good details and enemy placements for learning the combat of Dark Souls, as there have been a good mix of fast and slow enemies. I still need to work in parry timing with the shield (I half expect a gunshot to go off due to "muscle," memory from Bloodborne!), but I'm enjoying it.

So far, I'm about to leave the High Lothric portion after defeating Vordt of the Boreal Valley. He and the first boss were fun, and thankfully I wasn't stuck fighting one of them nearly 50 times just to make progress!

Definitely looking forward to playing more of the game!

(Also, one of the NPCs in the Shrine is voiced by the guy who voices Angelo in DQ8/DQ Heroes 2. It's hilarious to hear him voice someone who is so utterly miserable. Complete 180 of Angelo!)

Dammit Yangus, I'm actually extremely jealous of you right now. Speaking of Soulsborne, I might finally be able to get the Old Hunters DLC! Think I'm gonna start on a new character for it, Bloodtinge/Skill build here I come!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, TheKingOfTheDragovians said:

Dammit Yangus, I'm actually extremely jealous of you right now. Speaking of Soulsborne, I might finally be able to get the Old Hunters DLC! Think I'm gonna start on a new character for it, Bloodtinge/Skill build here I come!

You'll definitely like the Old Hunters DLC. It's totally worth the price of admission for, well, everything! Personally my favorites parts are the very first boss fight (and that epic music change) and the final area of the DLC.

Plus some of the weapons you get from the DLC are fun, such as the Whirligig Saw and Great Moon Sword.

4 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

You'll definitely like the Old Hunters DLC. It's totally worth the price of admission for, well, everything! Personally my favorites parts are the very first boss fight (and that epic music change) and the final area of the DLC.

Plus some of the weapons you get from the DLC are fun, such as the Whirligig Saw and Great Moon Sword.

I'm in it for Lady Maria's Rakuyo.