cprmauldin

What RPG's are you currently playing?

My Dungeon Travelers 2 game is cracking me up! That item destination!

Knocked out the 4th Dungeon there tonight. Was a near thing too. Damn Vita died in the middle of the battle. Plugged it in and switched to Etrian Odyssey V and easily took down the 15th floor boss. My one gal abused her Cannon shot and Sally 4th had a triple attack where each one got subsequently stronger. Whew! I'd not assigned skill points in like 20 levels. Plenty to use before that battle and be ready! 0a3fa506f9f091744266531842d24d16.jpg442510ed02e8e1c1f4151770afb2bc3d.jpg

The bottom pic was me in a class getting taught classes or skill points or something. That came out of nowhere. Great writing!

I just looked up this game you're playing. What random game that's for mega weebs. Never expected you to be playing it.

What!? I'd just assumed you'd played it.

It's 4 images away from an Adult Only rating, yep. But reading all the reviews, they all agreed that the battle system was something great hidden within a "mega weeb" game. So far, I'd say so. Honestly, I think this was based off of Etrian Odyssey IV the way its set up in many ways. Heck, it even has a type of Union Skill system that reminds me of EOV. Think of it as Ecchi Odyssey. But yeah, the humor, funny!

Edited by Plattym3

Knocked out the 4th Dungeon there tonight. Was a near thing too. Damn Vita died in the middle of the battle. Plugged it in and switched to Etrian Odyssey V and easily took down the 15th floor boss. My one gal abused her Cannon shot and Sally 4th had a triple attack where each one got subsequently stronger. Whew! I'd not assigned skill points in like 20 levels. Plenty to use before that battle and be ready! 0a3fa506f9f091744266531842d24d16.jpg442510ed02e8e1c1f4151770afb2bc3d.jpg

The bottom pic was me in a class getting taught classes or skill points or something. That came out of nowhere. Great writing!

I just looked up this game you're playing. What random game that's for mega weebs. Never expected you to be playing it.

It's 4 images away from an Adult Only rating, yep. But reading all the reviews, they all agreed that the battle system was something great hidden within a "mega weeb" game. So far, I'd say so. Honestly, I think this was based off of Etrian Odyssey IV the way its set up in many ways. Heck, it even has a type of Union Skill system that reminds me of EOV. Think of it as Ecchi Odyssey. But yeah, the humor, funny!

If you care about gameplay over aesthetic, you should give Criminal Girls a look....

Also, if you like dungeon crawlers, Stranger of Sword City might be your speed.

Yeah, Heavensward really stepped it up even though ARR was nice.

Stormblood even more so I found.

I have heard some mixed things about stormblood's story. Most people in my FC seem to think HW>SB. But we'll see.

I liked it better, and keep in mind there's at least another year of updates for it.

I liked it better, and keep in mind there's at least another year of updates for it.

Sure, I'll judge it for myself when I get there.

Not that there was anything wrong with HS, Haurchefant is the real bro.

Each one focuses on centralized conflicts in those regions, like the Dragonsong War and the aftermath for HS, and the fight for freedom from the empire in Stormblood, both for Ala Mhigo and Doma.

If you care about gameplay over aesthetic, you should give Criminal Girls a look....

Also, if you like dungeon crawlers, Stranger of Sword City might be your speed.

Here's my order of preference:

1. Plays on Vita.

2. Under $10

3. Gameplay

Got tons of games coming out & omega I have. I'm just looking for fun, cheap ones!

I'm up to the 29th floor of the 6th Stratum. The warp maze shenanigans have died down, but now I need to find the right path of teleport spaces that will lead me up to the 30th floor.

I'm hoping to get almost everything so the superboss and its item drop will be the last enemy/material I need to add to the compendium. The 6th Stratum can always take a while to get through, but at least my party has been gaining good amounts of EXP and item drops to sell for some good money.

Managed to get a Takumi as my free summon from the recent Bound Hero Battle banner, but still can't get Lute from the Farfetched Heroes banner. I have 5 orbs left, and I gotta save them for the upcoming Legendary Heroes banner. I'm not really angry, but I am annoyed.

At least I can snag Joshua from the upcoming Tempest Trials event. 30,000 points for a 5 star Joshua should be pretty easy.

At last, I'm up to the 30th floor! The game has done a good job building up the super boss (and how sad is that that the optional super boss has better build up than the main game final boss!) and I'm very curious what sort of eldritch abomination will be this game's super boss. For whatever reason the Etrian series loves pulling something from nightmares out as the 6th Stratum bosses...

• Upvote 1

The dragon quest event is coming back to FF14. What timing. Now I can represent as well.

12 hours into Pokemon UM.

I had to evolve my special Rockruff between 5 and 559 to get the special Dusk form of Lycanroc. Other than that I am enjoying the game a lot. I like how the Pokemon Centers include the Pokemart.

The only part that is a little daunting is the fact that there are over 400 Pokemon to get.  I still haven't decided whether or not I'm going to try to catch them all.

Started a new RPG. Pillars of Eternity for PC. Supposed to be an old school game. I bought it on sale today. Paradox and Obsidian are behind it so I have high hopes.

23 minutes ago, Red Dragon said:

Started a new RPG. Pillars of Eternity for PC. Supposed to be an old school game. I bought it on sale today. Paradox and Obsidian are behind it so I have high hopes.

It's very good. I have about 200 hours on  it which consisted of around 15 playthroughs.

Edited by DarkBaramos

38 minutes ago, DarkBaramos said:

It's very good. I have about 200 hours on  it which consisted of around 15 playthroughs.

200 hours? That's about as close to eternity as I've ever given a game! 

What's this game like? 

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

200 hours? That's about as close to eternity as I've ever given a game! 

What's this game like? 

It's an isometric real time combat rpg. You create a character, select a class and allocate stats. It's a ton of fun because there are quite a few different ways to finish quests and many fun builds to use. It's a lot like Baldur's Gate if you've ever played that. 

1 hour ago, DarkBaramos said:

It's an isometric real time combat rpg. You create a character, select a class and allocate stats. It's a ton of fun because there are quite a few different ways to finish quests and many fun builds to use. It's a lot like Baldur's Gate if you've ever played that. 

Is it available on any other consoles by chance? It sounds interesting, but I'm not a PC gamer.

15 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Is it available on any other consoles by chance? It sounds interesting, but I'm not a PC gamer.

PS4. It looks to "old-school Western RPG" for my tastes.

15 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

It's also available on the Ps4. From what I heard it's a pretty good port.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, DarkBaramos said:

Har har beat you to it.

32 minutes ago, DarkBaramos said:

Sounds good to me! I'll have to look into the game.

While on the subject of new RPGs we're trying, I started playing the Trial version of Stranger of Sword City Revisited. Basically it's the demo for the full game.

So far I'm really liking what I've played! It's got some good customization when you can make your character and later your other characters, with a good list of job classes, skills, stat distribution, and so forth. You get a lot of free reign when it comes to portrait selection, with a few different art styles thrown in for variety. Heck, you can even use portraits for your characters that already belong to several NPCs!

While I'm only a little ways into the demo, the game gives me an SMT: Strange Journey kind of vibe. The world you're in is an alternate world/dimension, with people from our world being called Strangers (hence the title of the game), with you being the newest Stranger.

Right off the bat you see the environment is a combination of technology from our world mixed with the unusual and mythical, and I really like it.

This is definitely a game I want to check out the full version of when I can. All the progress you make in the demo can be transferred to the full game, which is an awesome feature. Not gonna lie, the title of the game made me think it was going to be entirely different from what I've played. I'm glad I've given the demo a chance, as this seems like a game that will make it worth owning a Vita.

Nothing like going from one dungeon crawler to another, am I right?

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

35 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Sounds good to me! I'll have to look into the game.

While on the subject of new RPGs we're trying, I started playing the Trial version of Stranger of Sword City Revisited. Basically it's the demo for the full game.

So far I'm really liking what I've played! It's got some good customization when you can make your character and later your other characters, with a good list of job classes, skills, stat distribution, and so forth. You get a lot of free reign when it comes to portrait selection, with a few different art styles thrown in for variety. Heck, you can even use portraits for your characters that already belong to several NPCs!

While I'm only a little ways into the demo, the game gives me an SMT: Strange Journey kind of vibe. The world you're in is an alternate world/dimension, with people from our world being called Strangers (hence the title of the game), with you being the newest Stranger.

Right off the bat you see the environment is a combination of technology from our world mixed with the unusual and mythical, and I really like it.

This is definitely a game I want to check out the full version of when I can. All the progress you make in the demo can be transferred to the full game, which is an awesome feature. Not gonna lie, the title of the game made me think it was going to be entirely different from what I've played. I'm glad I've given the demo a chance, as this seems like a game that will make it worth owning a Vita.

Nothing like going from one dungeon crawler to another, am I right?

I made Platty a sexy cat girl in a bikini. Samurai class, since I needed another fighter. Her full name is Platena, with Platty being her nickname.

On 11/27/2017 at 10:40 PM, eal said:

I made Platty a sexy cat girl in a bikini. Samurai class, since I needed another fighter. Her full name is Platena, with Platty being her nickname.

Was it this portrait?

Do you have the full game?

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

3 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Was it this portrait?

IMG_1385.thumb.JPG.dd3350ef03421b01537f95aaef856a86.JPG

Do you have the full game?

No, it was the painted artsyle. Yeah, I bought it for like $20 at a GameStop (marked "new" but I have a suspicion it was used...). I've mentioned playing it on occasion here. I like how it's a dungeon crawler in the most traditional sense, complicated systems and all. I'm not very far into it so I can't give you a detailed rundown of it.

It's been jarring to not have a bottom screen map. All the dungeon crawlers I've played have been on DS/3DS (Etrian, first person SMT games, the Dark Spire, Unchained Blade's 3DS version), so I have to remind myself to tap the square button every so often. It is handy having an auto walk feature that doesn't permanently cover portions of your map like in Etrian games. It's why I never place  them unless I want to remember the movements of certain FOEs.

Anyway, it's been interesting messing around with the classes of SoSC: Revisited. I've been trying out the two new classes to this version of the game, the Clocker and the Puppeteer, and I'm liking the Clocker's mix of healing magic and time magic. Reminds me of Final Fantasy V if you had a character in the Time Mage class who could access levels of White Mage magic.

There's a 3rd new class called the Freeman, but this class specifically stays at the base in order to help with some other things, such as faster recovery for any members who need to be revived. It's a good idea for a class despite them not traveling with you, and reminds me of some things i've heard about the Suikoden series, in that some characters join you but perform duties elsewhere.

Also, one more thought: the Dancer I decided to put in my party can be surprisingly strong. He learned the Tri-Wield skill at level 2, and he ended up attack 6 times due to him wielding two dart weapons! Took out a lot of health from one Hydra monster. Made sense why it requires you use the Concentrate skill first. I find it funny he was able to do some good damage since I gave him the Jester looking portrait. This guy is nobody's fool!