What RPG's are you currently playing?

Still working at Final Fantasy IX. I was hoping to have it finished before school started again, but no such luck. I believe I'm close to the end of disc 3 though.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dragon Quest III iOS. Ready for EO Untold II.

OK, I have a good three hours clocked in FFIX now, so it's time for first impressions!   -I love this game. In this short time of playing, I'm already having a blast, and I'm sure it'll only get be

10/10 picture. You can get a lot of funny pictures in the 3DS version. Shame DQ11S’s camera mode feels so limiting by comparison.

Posted Images

I have Persona 4 The Golden and Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey as second option, while I mindlessly spend time in my 1 week old Phantasy Star Portable.

In Strange Journey I am just before the boss on the second sector. I want to keep advancing but I want to do it when I can concentrate in just the game, with loud volume on the music and in the dark. So no bus playing for that boss fight. But these weeks my boyfriend is staying over every night (because of theater rehearsals), so I am leaving this for the right opportunity. Persona 4 gets a little more play time, since I can play the dungeons without wanting to really get into the game.

Now, about PS Portable... I created "myself" as the main character. Except I thought I had made him somewhat fat, but now that I have seen him in swimwear, I see it was just an illusion created by the weird clothes from the character creator... His waist is not wasp-sized, but he is not fat. And having that six pack definitely does not help. But I guess I can imagine that is more or less what I could go for if I went through GUARDIAN training...

Have fun with Sector Bootes' boss Cesar.  Boy, I remember the headache that guy was my first playthrough...it was awful, guv...

I was hoping to have Persona 4 done with by now but I ran into some trouble with the December boss. The first part is cake. It just takes a while to widdle down his health. Unfortunately, my team consisted of Chie, Naoto, and Teddie, making Teddie my only true healer. By the time I got to the second part, his SP would be too low to make it through the rest of the fight. So instead, I switched Naoto out for Yukiko, pretty much the best person for healing, who was vastly underleveled. After I knocked her up a dozen levels, the rest of my team ended up over leveled (level 83). I also finished up Yukiko's social link to give her ice block or else she would be more of a hinderence then helpful. I also bumped up Rise's social link so she could gain the ability to help us in combat. Hopefully, I'm ready now.

Still working at Final Fantasy IX. I was hoping to have it finished before school started again, but no such luck. I believe I'm close to the end of disc 3 though.

I'm myself at the beginning of Disc 3.

I'm playing it when I don't have any other game to play, so I don't have that much progress.

I played Child of Light in vacation (really great game, but far too short...)

I still have to finish DQVII (I want to find JewelBag and LizardMan's Heart and dosome training before facing OrgoDemir for good)

I'm also considering more and more seriousl to replay FF The 4 Heroes of Light at some point. I don't have a lot of clear memories of this game, but I remember the story being actually pretty great.

Edited by Holy Slime Knight

Finished my speedrun of Dragon Quest I SNES earlier- five hours and fifty-two Minutes!  Dunno if that's impressive.  Prolly about average for that particular speedrun.

Now I'm doing the same for DWII SNES.

Right now I'm playing DQIV and DQVIII on m'iPad.

I've also been watching my friend Yahweasel play Pocket Monsters Crystal (the badly translated version commonly known as "Pokemon Vietnamese Crystal"). The LP series is nearly over, and soon I'll be watching him play Dragon Quest V (PS2). As if I haven't said it enough yet, check it out when the first episode is released on Friday! http://www.youtube.com/yahweasel

Just started playong the origanl dw1-4 and realy ejoing them so far

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been playing 3DS Fire Emblem:  Awakening.  I'm right before the final boss.  I'm going through the new side missions that just opened up.  Awesome game.  I love how you can pair up people for fights and how they can help each other more as you pair them up more.  You basically are able to marry off the first group of people you get in the game and then their progeny become other characters you can recruit though bonus battles that appear.  They can fight for you right away because of a plot point I won't give away. 

I thought I was a bad ass turn based strategy guy (I've been playing them for almost 2 decades) until I tried the game in Lunatic mode.  I can't even get past the 1st battle without dying. XD 

Fire Emblem games are notorious for having a feature that if one of your side characters dies in a battle, they are gone for good.  You can turn that feature off in this game. 

Edited by Pendy

I'm sure you mean Fire Emblem Awakening? If so, yeah. It's a fantastic game. It's in my top five for sure. So many great twists and turns too, which I didn't expect. I was sure it was gonna have the most basic plot ever. I also like how the dialogue adapts when you get married and have children, mostly through the support conversations but some minor changes occur too in the game's story dialogue.

Son of a...fixed it.  I guess I have to live up to my avatar! XD 

I've been playing a lot of Persona 3 FES and Pokemon X. I recommend them if you haven't played them yet.

Completed the main game of Etrian Odyssey 1 (original version for DS). With that out of way, now I can go and finish Final Fantasy IX.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought I might finally take the leap and play Dark Souls. Unfortunately, I picked a really bad time to do so since Persona 4 Arena Ultimax will be coming in tomorrow and I have work almost immediately after classes. I'll probably end up playing P4AU Tuesday and Wednesday and getting on Dark Souls on Thursday.

Still playing Etrian Odyssey II, currently on the 10th Floor and making my way to the 2nd Stratum boss. Haven't really played the game in the past 2 days, so hopefully tomorrow night after band practice I'll be able to sit down and play some more.

I'm debating on whether I should get P4 Arena Ultimax. Persona-lly (hyuk hyuk hyuk) I'm really only interested in the Tarot cards that come with the game, but I don't want to drop $60 on the game when I've hardly played the original. Maybe someone will sell the first set of cards on Amazon at some point...

Is it bad that the only reason I preordered Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is for the tarot cards.........? And you don't even get the full set, you need to preorder Persona Q too. Screw you, Atlus, but I really want Persona tarot cards..........

Is it bad that the only reason I preordered Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is for the tarot cards.........? And you don't even get the full set, you need to preorder Persona Q too. Screw you, Atlus, but I really want Persona tarot cards..........

Well at least we're in the same boat on that, then. I don't think it's bad at all, but rather it's a big F.U. from Atlus USA.  They know that the hardcore Persona fans will get both games just to get both sets of cards (and because they have Persona in the title but SHHHHHHHH).

Why they didn't just have the full set as a worthwhile pre-order incentive for Ultimax and Q is beyond me.  Actually, that brings up a good question: Why isn't the premium edition of Persona Q coming with the whole Tarot set? Considering you have to drop 80 bucks to get it, they could have easily included the other set of cards along with the set coming with the game.

DAMN YOU ATLUS USA! I LOVE YOU BUT I HATE YOU FOR YOUR PRE-ORDER SHENANIGANS!

And God knows where I'm going to get a replacement set after my tears of happiness ruins them.

They really should just sell the whole collection of cards. I'd happily pay 10 bucks or so to have a set of them.