What RPG's are you currently playing?

cprmauldin

I played through Final Fantasy X a bit today, I'd put this one in my top 3 along with FFIX and FFVII. Currently at the Blitzball Tournament.

In other news I got to Stornway and created my team. Their names are Rose the Priest, Balyn the Warrior, and Arya the Martial Artist. Rose is named after the character in FFIV. Balyn is named after the knight who delivered the Dolorous Stroke in Arthurian Legends. Arya because I thought the name sounded cool.

Pssst, her name is Rosa, not Rose. :P

It's probably my favorite mini game in any RPG.

Same. Blitzball was fun as hell to play, though you can forget about beating the Luca Goers the first time round unless you had Tidus learn the Jecht Shot.

As a side note, it sucks Blitzball got gimped in X-2.

Same. Blitzball was fun as hell to play, though you can forget about beating the Luca Goers the first time round unless you had Tidus learn the Jecht Shot.

Sadly I've never played X-2. If I felt like I had more time, I'd order the combination for my Vita. Maybe I should add that to my wishlist once Squeenix has a sale.

Current sales I'm looking for:

FFX & FFX-2, vita

FFIX

Persona 1-3, 5

Sadly I've never played X-2. If I felt like I had more time, I'd order the combination for my Vita. Maybe I should add that to my wishlist once Squeenix has a sale.

FFX & FFX-2, vita

FFIX

Persona 1-3, 5

It's gonna be a very long time before 5 goes on a decent sale.

FFX & FFX-2, vita

FFIX

Persona 1-3, 5

I'm looking for physical for that one. I'll just probably go used in a year. It something I'd buy, play, and then sell. Heck, maybe I'll wait a year and see if there's a P5G. I'm really not in any rush. I have tons of games to play and while I'd love to play that, I really do want to finish off a lot of other stuff. Put 2 hours into DQVIII 3DS today and am surprisingly excited to finish that. That'll be a week or 2. Then I'll have my new (hopefully) obsession, Ever Oasis. I still have DQB to finish, DQH2TOWTLS, plenty of other stuff sitting around. So, no rush. I'll play all those games, but pay non-premium prices for them. Haha!

Oh, and this fall begins Pokemon Sun & Moon 2 and then 3 straight Atlus games. I'm set up nicely for a year!

Edited by Plattym3

In a year it will probably be down to $40. Atlus games always fall in price for physical copies. You just have to give it time.

In a year it will probably be down to $40. Atlus games always fall in price for physical copies. You just have to give it time.

And that's fine. I'm slightly disappointed I didn't get a Vita and realize I enjoyed Persona games earlier, or I'd have ordered Persona 5 from Amazon during the discount window.

Oh, and this fall begins Pokemon Sun & Moon 2 and then 3 straight Atlus games. I'm set up nicely for a year!

This fall is gonna be amazing.

• Upvote 1

Speaking of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, I wonder what this "alternate story" GF mentioned will be like.

Speaking of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, I wonder what this "alternate story" GF mentioned will be like.
Haven't heard a thing about it. I may like the story in many games, but Pokemon ones bore me to death. I just like collecting and battling. I am definitely a Pokemon-lite fan.

Haven't heard a thing about it. I may like the story in many games, but Pokemon ones bore me to death. I just like collecting and battling. I am definitely a Pokemon-lite fan.
Yeah, Etrian 5's story is gonna be something else.

Here me out: you're an explorer, wanting to...wait for it...climb the Yggdrasil labyrinth!

Oh, and $#!& get serious around the end of the 3rd stratum....BUT THE FIRST POINT IS THE BIG DEAL!

In all seriousness, I'm curious how this game will tie in with the other games. The artwork of the land of Arcania is REALLY different, especially the whole two moons in the sky.

You know what that means? Etrian Odyssey V takes place in the world of Final Fantasy IV! The plot twist no one saw coming!!!!

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Yes, agreed. This is why Sun and Moon didn't grab me. There was so much exposition and all I wanted to do was play the game. Maybe I'll have better luck with the new versions.

I love Pokemon games, old and new, but I do miss the simplicity of the older games. I feel like the plot just gets in the way of the good stuff sometimes.

Even though it wasn't the big, I do remember liking what plot was in Ruby. Having to stop Groudon before his power of Drought had a major effect on the region (or world) was interesting to Young Yangus, as well as the conflict between Team Magma and Aqua.

The Prince of the Dragovians thought Platinum's story was interesting but that may just be nostalgia really.

Did you ever have to dethrone (and by that I mean kill) an older sibling to claim the Dragovian throne?

Nah, my older brother fell in love with a human so it was all good, but then my uncle attempted to usurp the throne, so I had a bit of help from the King of the Platinum Jewels, and by that I mean I killed a ton of his retainers to gain their experience points...

Hey don't judge me Legendary Bandit, I know you must have grinded quite a few of them in order to gain the power to defeat me along with your friends...

By the way if you could introduce me to the that Red Head I'd owe you one ;D.

Pfft, it doesn't take experience points to become this legendary.

Here, you can talk to this red head... (Opens door for Maribel)

FFX & FFX-2, vita

FFIX

Persona 1-3, 5

I'm looking for physical for that one. I'll just probably go used in a year. It something I'd buy, play, and then sell. Heck, maybe I'll wait a year and see if there's a P5G. I'm really not in any rush. I have tons of games to play and while I'd love to play that, I really do want to finish off a lot of other stuff. Put 2 hours into DQVIII 3DS today and am surprisingly excited to finish that. That'll be a week or 2. Then I'll have my new (hopefully) obsession, Ever Oasis. I still have DQB to finish, DQH2TOWTLS, plenty of other stuff sitting around. So, no rush. I'll play all those games, but pay non-premium prices for them. Haha!

Persona 4: Dancing All Night is missing from your list.

FFX & FFX-2, vita

FFIX

Persona 1-3, 5

He doesn't have Arena or Arena Ultimax in there either...

Though he does lack the console for those two, so I suppose we should let it slide.

So I remembered that Persona 4 has a quiz show you can do after you beat it, so I went and did it!

When I finished it, the TV Listing music was all weird, and I couldn't figure out why. Then I realized that it was midnight, and one of the fuzzy monitors was on. I tapped it, and ended up on some show where Teddie's silhouette does a Midnight Channel and talks a bit, and you can do stuff with the Vita like tap the screen or tilt it to mess with him. That's pretty clever, having a silly little secret show at midnight!

• Upvote 1

FFX & FFX-2, vita

FFIX

Persona 1-3, 5

He doesn't have Arena or Arena Ultimax in there either...

Though he does lack the console for those two, so I suppose we should let it slide.

Haven't played Ultimax but I would never recommend Arena. Only some of the storylines are worth playing, and its told in visual novel, sometimes repeating the same events for 30 minutes, just from a different perspective. From shear gameplay value, Ultimax would be the only one worth playing.

Like DAN, I'd be shocked if Platty actually did play one of the Arena games.