What RPG's are you currently playing?

cprmauldin

So I'm finishing up my first playthrough of Persona 4. Fighting the final form of the final boss. Did a good amount of levelling, so my team was ready for it. Had it down to the last few health; just a few more turns, and I'd take it out. I wasn't in a dangerous position, everything was going dandy.

Suddenly, she uses an instant kill move that manages to miss everyone except the protagonist, earning me a Game Over. ;v;

At least I know I'm ready though. I'm doing this today. :)

• Upvote 1

So I'm finishing up my first playthrough of Persona 4. Fighting the final form of the final boss. Did a good amount of levelling, so my team was ready for it. Had it down to the last few health; just a few more turns, and I'd take it out. I wasn't in a dangerous position, everything was going dandy.

Suddenly, she uses an instant kill move that manages to miss everyone except the protagonist, earning me a Game Over. ;v;

Ugh. I freaking hate that. That happened in Marie's Dungeon or the one before. Pissed me off royally.

Get back on the horse and win tonight!

Ugh. I freaking hate that. That happened in Marie's Dungeon or the one before. Pissed me off royally.

Get back on the horse and win tonight!

Yeah, I bet Democrobot can help out.

Ann for me that trophy of "do over 999 damage," actually. Didn't expect that in the middle of the 7th dungeon.

Only game I felt compelled to platinum was Bloodborne, and that's because, as you said for Persona 5, you get almost all the trophies for just playing the game. 80% of them are from defeating bosses, which you're likely to get most of them on your first playthrough. So it was easy for me to go, "Sure, let's go for all the trophies." Same thing for the DLC, 5 of the 6 trophies are for beating the bosses.

The one trophy I hated getting in that game was the Pthumerian Queen trophy. You can only fight that boss by going through Chalice Dungeons (optional areas) but the process was tedious. Saved that one for last along with the Sunrise ending trophy. It was a good boss fight, but the effort to get to it was annoying.

The 999 damage trophy is really easy to earn, so long as you're leveled high enough and fighting a weak enough enemy. I charged up Ryuji, increased his attack, and I think I lowered an enemy's defense too, and then used his most powerful physical skill. Simple.

I got that trophy way back in Kamoshida's boss battle. After jacking his crown and weakening him, Ryuji attacked with Headbutt and did about 1100 damage.

I like how Futaba's rank 9 Confidant chat ends with a Dragon Quest V moment when a new monster wants to join you.

So, I have a problem. Haru takes rejection harder than I expected, but I'm already in a relationship. The hell do I do?

So, I have a problem. Haru takes rejection harder than I expected, but I'm already in a relationship. The hell do I do?

I could totally believe she couldn't handle rejection.

Huh...didn't expect Futaba's 2nd persona to look like that. Pretty sweet upgrade.

So I beat Persona 4! Had a miniature heart attack everytime the boss used the move that killed me earlier, but it didn't and I won. :)

I honestly loved this game pretty much the whole way through. In my opinion, the characters were awesome, the story was awesome, the enemy designs were awesome, and the gameplay was awesome. There wasn't much I didn't like, and there wasn't a character in the party I didn't like. That's not something most games can do!

Pretty much my only complaint with this game was possibly brought on by my own choice, but I disliked how you had to grind so many levels whenever there was a new dungeon. Characters encouraged me to enter the TV when there wasn't a new one, and I didn't, so it's very possible that it was my own doing, and I should've levelled in between. Besides that, I honestly didn't have any other complaints!

If I'm being 100% honest... this is easily my new favorite game of all-time! It roped me in and I was hooked the whole way through, and there wasn't a single character that felt like filler material. When I finally bought the game after years of hearing praise, I didn't think it'd be able live up to the hype. But it did, and then some. Wow. What a fantastic game!

And finally, another thing I liked about it? How many things there were to do and see! For one example, I played through the whole game once now, and I didn't manage to complete even near all of the Social Links; in fact, I apparently completely missed at least two somehow. So there's still a lot I haven't seen! Maybe I should make a New Game+ on Very Easy, and just focus on story and social stuff this time. Who knows?!

I definitely plan on playing the other games in the series now, too! By which I mean 3 and 5, heh. :)

What, no Persona Q? Why does no one ever want to play that game? Come on guys, dungeon crawlers aren't going to kill you.

What, no Persona Q? Why does no one ever want to play that game? Come on guys, dungeon crawlers aren't going to kill you.

I was talking about main series specifically, haha. :P I'd wanna play 3 before Q anyways so I'm familiar with the cast and references.

I'd love to play Persona Q, but there were usually other games that I wanted to play over it. It has very low priority on games I want to play unfortunately.

It's like P1 and P2 get no love.

*sigh*

• Upvote 1

*sigh*

Ain't that the truth. I'm just glad Atlus bothered to include costumes based on the games in Persona 5, and included their school logos in the 20th anniversary logo. They acknowledge those games so little I was legitimately shocked there was ANYTHING related to those games in Persona 5.

I was disappointed there wasn't a single Persona 1 or 2 character in Persona Q. If the rumored PQ2 is real, I hope at the least Maya and/or Eikichi show up.

*sigh*

Ain't that the truth. I'm just glad Atlus bothered to include costumes based on the games in Persona 5, and included their school logos in the 20th anniversary logo. They acknowledge those games so little I was legitimately shocked there was ANYTHING related to those games in Persona 5.

I was disappointed there wasn't a single Persona 1 or 2 character in Persona Q. If the rumored PQ2 is real, I hope at the least Maya and/or Eikichi show up.

I hope Eikichi's chubby girlfriend is in it.

See eal, I knew deep down you cared about the early Persona games. We just had to mention Eikichi, and BAM! You thought of his waifu. :P

I literally only know two things about Persona 2: Hitler and Eikichi's chubby girlfriend and their backstory.

Before we know it you're gonna start going, "Mark danced crazy!"

It's all a matter of time. ;)

Well, the shorthand for Mark is he was once a wacky Japanese high schooler but became black by the hands of...actually I'm not sure what sparked all the changes in Revelations: Persona, whether it was Atlus USA at the time or Atlus Japan.

Anyway, I did a bunch of Confidant work in Persona 5. I don't remember how far I for non-playable charactersg without looking at the game, but Ann is at 9, Yusuke is at 8, and Makoto at 6. She was originally going to be the one I had Akira romance instead of Hifumi, but the whole "You need max charm!" thing killed that idea and all progress on her Confidant.

Ryuji and Futaba are at Max, while Haru is only at 2.

I've done far better on Confidants than I thought I would.

Ann- 10

Ryuji- 10

Yusuke- 10

Kawakami- 10

Takemi- 10

Yoshida- 10

Chihaya- 10

Hifumi- 10

Haru- 9

Futaba- 6

Makoto- 5

Ohya- 5

The Twins- 4

Iwai- 4

Sojiro- 3

Shinya- 1

Also managed to max out all social stats, so I'd call this a good run.

• Upvote 1

I played through Final Fantasy X a bit today, I'd put this one in my top 3 along with FFIX and FFVII. Currently at the Blitzball Tournament.

In other news I got to Stornway and created my team. Their names are Rose the Priest, Balyn the Warrior, and Arya the Martial Artist. Rose is named after the character in FFIV. Balyn is named after the knight who delivered the Dolorous Stroke in Arthurian Legends. Arya because I thought the name sounded cool.