What RPG's are you currently playing?

cprmauldin

So remember on the last page how I wanted to get Shiva in Persona 5? Yeah, just got him at level 57. Cost over 170,000 yen but for the Hindu god of destruction, totally worth it.

This should make the 7th Palace fun. :)

So remember on the last page how I wanted to get Shiva in Persona 5? Yeah, just got him at level 57. Cost over 170,000 yen but for the Hindu god of destruction, totally worth it.

This should make the 7th Palace fun. :)

I think Platty already made this joke but...

Shivakamini Somakandarkram?

• Upvote 1

There are so many systems going on in Xenoblade Chronicles X that it's a bit overwhelming at times.

You need to take a college course in it to totally understand it. After a bit, it felt like I wasn't getting everything and made me drop it. Now it feels insurmountable going back to it.
It can't be that hard.
Have you played it before? I promise you that it is indeed that complicated. Not hard, just complicated.

No game has ever been too complicated for me. I'm curious as to how well I'd handle it.

The topics are blending. Go Netflix! 3e60a35d906ee2be6480a7fa768db988.jpg

Did I miss a joke somewhere with this Shiva thing?

How bout this one? 

Also, after 10 years, I've finally decided to commit to playing through all of Wild ARMs 5 on PS2.  Seeing how we'll probably never see another game in this series, I've been holding off on the swan song for just the right time. I figure this summer is the best time for it.

Here, have my favorite song from the game, as a bonus!

Alright, now I get the joke thanks to Platty.

I've been debating the last few days about getting Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam. I've liked the M&L games since Superstar Saga, but for some reason I scoffed at Paper Jam and looked away from it. Call it the influence of Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions coming this fall, but I feel I should find Paper Jam.

Another nice detail in Persona 5: in the 7th Palace when you're forced to become mice, every character still mimics their standing still poses and still have matching eye colors. It's especially noticable from Makoto since she has those glowing red eyes, and Ann's light blue eyes.

See, it's touches like that that make me like this game more than anything else, and what's so great about Atlus RPGs.

• Upvote 2

The boss of the 7th Palace is a tenacious mofo. If you haven't fought him yet, bring plenty of restoratives to use in order to conserve SP.

The boss of the 7th Palace is a tenacious mofo. If you haven't fought him yet, bring plenty of restoratives to use in order to conserve SP.

Spoilers. I know I couldn't care less, but you all have done a good job in this topic not spoiling stuff for others. PLEASE Don't start.

Spoilers. I know I couldn't care less, but you all have done a good job in this topic not spoiling stuff for others. PLEASE Don't start.

What exactly did I spoil, Platty? Nothing but the fact you should come prepared.

What exactly did I spoil, Platty? Nothing but the fact you should come prepared.
Well in that case, your post is now pointless. Who the heck doesn't play a game prepared? Especially us that post here Hahahahahahaha.

Almost confident he was joking.

But the last two bosses are basically SP drains. They're easily defeated so long as you can restore your SP, and luckily you get another Soma before the final boss.

Actually, I was serious about both. Even Yangus asked him not to post strategy, and there he went and did it. Even if it was pointless. Btw, don't forget to heal. And attack monsters to defeat them.

It's not even strategy. Like you say, it's common sense. I don't generally post strategy except for FE, and I already told Yangus I wouldn't help him on that front. However, we sometimes forget about items, so I thought I'd throw out a reminder.

Actually, I was serious about both. Even Yangus asked him not to post strategy, and there he went and did it. Even if it was pointless. Btw, don't forget to heal. And attack monsters to defeat them.

Then how could you spoil anything?

Something I just discovered in Persona 5:

Apparently they put in both versions of Mara. While messing around with fusions one of my options was golden chariot Mara (thanks to Shiva). I was wondering since the 1st palace and the appearance of mis-shaped Mara as a boss meant that Nocturne's version of Mara was the one going to be used for Persona 5.

Again, this is probably a minor thing, but I'm honestly surprised both forms of Mara are in this game. I figured Atlus would have gone with one or the other like they have with many other demons, especially since they've reused a lot of Kaneko's PS2 era designs for demons.

Edit: Got my hands on Trumpeter! Cost me a few of my good Personas to clear out space but with the skill set I have Trumpeter set with we'll be good to go. Fiends are another group of demons/personas I always go for if possible, and with Trumpeter this means I have only one more to go for in Mother Harlot.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Upvote 1

Am still playing Wild ARMs 5 to celebrate the series' 20th ( and maybe mourn the fact that there seem to be no more releases planned).

The super high leveled personas keep on coming. The newest addition to my party is a level 97 Satan, highest ranking persona of the Judgement arcana. One fusion between Shiva and Emperor's Amulet and 215,280 yen later, and the big blue son of a snitch was mine!

With all the skills he got from having Judgement at Max rank, he's now a magic killing machine. And I even got Shiva back for only 66,000 yen thanks to the Compendium.

Now I REALLY can't wait to fight the boss of the 7th Palace.

• Upvote 1

I'm planning on one last trip into Mementos. I don't know what awaits me, but I need to go, for Morgana's sake.

About Mementos, I don't know if you know, but....

it doesn't matter how often and how far in you go, you don't get the full story until December 23rd, when you take one final journey to the end. The door is sealed shut until then. With Mementos, it's just in your best interest to go in as far as you can as the story dictates or else you'll have a bad afternoon trying to clear every single floor you didn't explore and beyond, as Mementos itself is the final dungeon.

Edited by eal

Almost 20 hours in, and I think I'm starting to get the hang of a lot of the systems in XCX. There's still an overwhelming amount of information that I'm still processing, but I'm getting there.

it doesn't matter how often and how far in you go

That's most definitely not what she said.

Maybe not in your case.