What RPG's are you currently playing?

cprmauldin

Best part of that fight is that Nocturne's random battle theme is playing the whole time. In other words? He sees the party as just another random group of enemies!

I haven't fought the Demi-Fiend yet, so as of now Ozma is the most annoying super boss I've fought in an RPG.

For me, the most annoying super boss I've fought in an RPG would be Mysterious Figure from Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. Holy hell, that guy is an $#!&$#!! You have to be excellent at dodging in order to take him out, and if you're using Terra, who's dodge move is utter $#!&, the battle is a nightmare. I still need to beat him at some point too!

Forgot to mention this before: I finished up the Evil Forest section. I had no problems other than the boss not wanting to let me steal his stuff. I'm gearing up for the Ice Cavern. I didn't play as much as I had wanted to last night, but with how tired I was I could barely keep my eyes open while playing!

I remember lots of trouble with Ruby and Emerald Weapon, but boy was Ozma hard. Ozma takes the cake for being the hardest one that I've beaten.

$#!& Elizabeth.

Speaking of hard games, I went back to FFIV......the DS version.

Note to self - save game often

I got several game overs already and I just got back to Baron (grinding now to get Cecil's level up and my equipment before taking on Baigan, which wasn't all that easy even on SNES). 

KO'ed by Sand worm once on a back attack.

KO'ed by Mombomb twice.

KO'ed by the earth fiend twice due to counterattacks

KO'ed by GUARDS of all things once before Yang once two of my guys gut minied.

KO'ed by brainwashed Yang twice due to being weakened and minied by guards.

It's the speed of the enemy that kills along with the bad counters. I'm not looking forward to the dark elf, underground Golbez fight (one of the few who KO'ed me on SNES), or red dragons later. I got knocked out a dozen times by those things.

red dragons

You really shouldn't knock yourself out. It can't be good for your health.

After Excitement for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 yesterday, I decided to finally start Xenoblade Chronicles X. I got through the Prologue and Chapter 1, so now tonight I'll get to go out into the field. I'm really looking forward to it.

After Excitement for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 yesterday, I decided to finally start Xenoblade Chronicles X. I got through the Prologue and Chapter 1, so now tonight I'll get to go out into the field. I'm really looking forward to it.

Yeah, I got really excited about xenoblade chronicles 2 as well. Never got to play the first game tho. I did not have a Wii when the game first came out, and when I finally did I could not find a affordable copy outside of the 3DS version. And I kind of wanted to experience the first game on the big screen. I always heard the game was amazing. And if I have a choice, that is just the way I prefer to play my games. But after nintendo's E3 presentation I went looking again, and I finally found a copy for a decent price. So, that is what I am playing right now. It has a strong start so far.

Yeah, I got really excited about xenoblade chronicles 2 as well. Never got to play the first game tho. I did not have a Wii when the game first came out, and when I finally did I could not find a affordable copy outside of the 3DS version. And I kind of wanted to experience the first game on the big screen. I always heard the game was amazing. And if I have a choice, that is just the way I prefer to play my games. But after nintendo's E3 presentation I went looking again, and I finally found a copy for a decent price. So, that is what I am playing right now. It has a strong start so far.

It's on the Wii U Virtual Console.

It's on the Wii U Virtual Console.

Yeah, but I like to own physical copies of games that I know I am going to like a lot.

So to pass the time tomorrow evening when I'm at my hotel, I started replaying Final Fantasy IX again on my Vita. The game looks really nice on the system, and plays pretty well on there too.

Right now I'm just beginning the search for Garnet in Evil Forest with Vivi and Steiner in tow.

I found a deal on the original version of IX for the PS1 and picked it up a while back. No idea when I am going to get to it, but I am certainly looking forward to it.

Do you remember what the approximate length of the game is, in terms of hours?

One of my favorite sites!

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=3505

40ish hours

Took me over 50 because I got invested in the Chocobo Hot n' Cold mini game and trying to master as many abilities for characters before I said, "Good enough."

There's probably be about 2 or 3 more hours on my file just because of how goddamn long it took me to finally beat Ozma. Seriously, Ozma is by far one of the most annoying super bosses I have ever fought. It took many attempts at that boss fight. Yeah you can manipulate his moveset depending on your party levels, but that doesn't mean victory is assured, especially if he throws out his Curse + Meteor combo.

I'm sorry, I'm getting off track. I just really, really, REALLY hate Ozma. Like, I hate him as much as Kefka hates all life in Final Fantasy VI because I had such bad luck against him.

Oh that IS a cool site.

40 hours...not too bad. Is the game pretty linear? (Bear with me, I'm not nearly as familiar with FF as I am with DQ)

It's linear story wise, but there are several side activities you can do to break up the plot like the Chocobo hot n' cold game, catching frogs in Qu's Marshes around the world, hunting down chocograph treasure spots, and some others. Disc 3 is where you get more freedom for exploration on the world map/going back to previous areas, while disc 1 and 2 are straight forward while giving you a few chances to explore on the world map.

I'm finally back at Persona 5. Figured I should finish the game now that I can use the Vita for Remote Play purposes.

Currently I'm tidying up my persona list so I can have them closer to my level. Since I maxed out the Twins's confidant I can also fuse personas of a higher level, and once I can get Barong I'll be good to go on fusing my boy Shiva. If there's one demon I always go for in SMT endgames, it's Shiva.

Edit: Okay, I'm bringing this up again: I REALLY like how they added individual lines for every persona il upon fusing them. Case in point, I just fused Titania and she said, "Let us enjoy a midsummer night's dream." $#!&ing love it since she and Oberon originated from that play. I have to give this game credit alone for giving personas/demons unique lines of dialogue.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Upvote 1

There are so many systems going on in Xenoblade Chronicles X that it's a bit overwhelming at times.

Didn't you already play Xeno X? Wasn't that the other game you were in the middle of playing when we were playing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate like a year ago?

There are so many systems going on in Xenoblade Chronicles X that it's a bit overwhelming at times.

Didn't you already play Xeno X? Wasn't that the other game you were in the middle of playing when we were playing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate like a year ago?

I started it and never made it past the prologue, so I never saw 90% of what the game offered. It was less because of the game and more because the HDD I had hooked up to my Wii U died and I lost all the data off hard drive.

You need to take a college course in it to totally understand it. After a bit, it felt like I wasn't getting everything and made me drop it. Now it feels insurmountable going back to it.

I started it and never made it past the prologue, so I never saw 90% of what the game offered. It was less because of the game and more because the HDD I had hooked up to my Wii U died and I lost all the data off hard drive.

This also includes the 10gb of extra I D/L'd so the game would run smoother. Losing all that data made me not play my Wii U for a looooong time. Probably since we were playing MH3U.

You need to take a college course in it to totally understand it. After a bit, it felt like I wasn't getting everything and made me drop it. Now it feels insurmountable going back to it.

Some of it I don't feel like I'll understand. I'll just buy armor with better numbers and make sure my arts are leveled up and just go with that.

• Upvote 1

I was constantly baffled with some of the setups for missions and even something as simple as arranging your party.

It can't be that hard.

It can't be that hard.

Have you played it before? I promise you that it is indeed that complicated. Not hard, just complicated.

It can't be that hard.

It's by no means hard, it's just..there is a lot of stuff. I'm still getting tutorials on how to use stuff over 10 hours into the game.

Isn't it that you have to wait like 30 hours before you can even use the giant mechs in that game?

^Yes but it was definitely worth it, it's so cool and looking from on top of the world is amazing, and if you buy enough G-Busters then you've got the game on easy mode.

^Yes but it was definitely worth it, it's so cool and looking from on top of the world is amazing, and if you buy enough G-Busters then you've got the game on easy mode.

I just finished Chapter 4. I suspect I have a bit to go before I get to the Skells.