What RPG's are you currently playing?

Ah man, I can't wait to keep watching! It might have to wait till tomorrow though.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shameless plug for Dark Cloud while we’re talking PS2 games 😋

It's not too bad, have to keep an eye out for it, or make sure to stick to the plains as much as possible for lower consumption. @Plattym3 didn't think it hindered him much at all.

10/10 picture. You can get a lot of funny pictures in the 3DS version. Shame DQ11S’s camera mode feels so limiting by comparison.

Posted Images

...binge watching Orange is the New Black new season.

Litchfield RPG.

Hey, me too! Man I'm loving this new season. So far I'm on episode 4.
Considering downloading the whole season on my iPad before I leave the land of wifi for the next month. My wife and I enjoy that show!

Litchfield RPG.

Considering downloading the whole season on my iPad before I leave the land of wifi for the next month. My wife and I enjoy that show!

Sounds like a good plan!

I started watching it when season 4 showed up on Netflix. I ended up watching the whole show in like 2 or 3 weeks! Definitely a big fan of it, and was eagerly awaiting season 5.

Litchfield RPG.

Sounds like a good plan!

I started watching it when season 4 showed up on Netflix. I ended up watching the whole show in like 2 or 3 weeks! Definitely a big fan of it, and was eagerly awaiting season 5.

We started a year before you, maybe a month after season 3 came out. My in laws went out of town for 10 days and we decided to camp out at their house with a pool (as we had to dog sit and lived in a townhome at the time) and really we had not much to do but binge the series and play DQVI on my iPad. So, good and bad.

Red is still as great a character as ever.

Ever wonder if Orange is the New Black is just Captain Janeway playing around on the holodeck after retiring from Starfleet?

Red is still as great a character as ever.

Ever wonder if Orange is the New Black is just Captain Janeway playing around on the holodeck after retiring from Starfleet?
Never have watched Star Trek at all, but a buddy at my old job made a joke similar to that. He also said all he can see when he looks at Red is Captain Janeway.

I do know there's a good Star Trek joke in the first season of the show. Should be a YouTube clip of it.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Upvote 1

Holy $#!&.

This season was awesome, now to wait another year.

That ending...

Just had a silly moment in SMT1 that I feel the need to share. Spoilers ahead for those interested and may want to play it.

So, I'm at the part where you find Gotoh again (after the world is destroyed) and afterwards the Chaos Hero decides to fuse with a demon. In SMT, you can't fuse a human with another human, only with another demon. So I head to the Cathedral to fuse Chaos Hero and a demon, and after he scrolls through the list of demons I recruited (he randomly chooses) he picks the Gaian Suicide Squad member I had recruited earlier, and he's human.

It was a bit awkward and silly to watch the fusion scene, but hey I can't complain. I got to keep all my good recruits. :)

You talking about SMT1 really makes me wish Atlus would do a duo (or trio) remake of SMT1, 2, and if... for a current system. I tried playing the official release of SMT1 on my iPod a few years ago, but playing it on a mobile device didn't feel comfortable.

Where's Mattcraft when we need him to tell us mobile gaming is the way to go?

You talking about SMT1 really makes me wish Atlus would do a duo (or trio) remake of SMT1, 2, and if... for a current system. I tried playing the official release of SMT1 on my iPod a few years ago, but playing it on a mobile device didn't feel comfortable.

I really want this. Not only do I hate how gaming feels on my phone. Just like what is happening with strange journey right now, it is also a another chance for Europe to get SMT1. Becouse we don't even have that mobile version over here.

I really want this. Not only do I hate how gaming feels on my phone. Just like what is happening with strange journey right now, it is also a another chance for Europe to get SMT1. Becouse we don't even have that mobile version over here.
Oh yeah, you guys probably didn't get the original Strange Journey then, did you? Man, I feel bad for Europe since the release of Atlus games over there have been wonky, for lack of a better term. At least Deep Silver is stepping in now to help bring Atlus titles to you guys. Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Oh yeah, you guys probably didn't get the original Strange Journey then, did you? Man, I feel bad for Europe since the release of Atlus games over there have been wonky, for lack of a better term. At least Deep Silver is stepping in now to help bring Atlus titles to you guys.

Yeah, It is not that bad for me personally. My must have's from atlus do usually get brought over. Especially anything related to the persona games is almost guaranteed at this point. Sometimes a substantial amount of time later, but "just like the games we never got at all" that is nothing importing can not fix... most of the time. The 3DS is ofcourse still a problem with its region lock, so strange journey was one of the few atlus games I never got to play. So yeah, I am really happy with deep silver.

• Upvote 1

I really wish they would too. Maybe have them in the style of Nocturne, but that's probably pushing it lol.

But yeah, I've been playing the SFC version of the game. For me it's not that bad once you get used to how everything is. Then again I tend not to have problems getting into aged RPGs. lol

I really wish they would too. Maybe have them in the style of Nocturne, but that's probably pushing it lol.

But yeah, I've been playing the SFC version of the game. For me it's not that bad once you get used to how everything is. Then again I tend not to have problems getting into aged RPGs. lol

I've never had that problem either.

I'd rather they leave the game as first person dungeon crawlers, but I'd be fine with a Nocturne or SMT IV approach.

I've never had that problem either.

I'd rather they leave the game as first person dungeon crawlers, but I'd be fine with a Nocturne or SMT IV approach.

I would prefer a nocturne or smt4 approach myself. But anything is fine with me. Any kind of remake of those games would just be amazing. Even a straight up port for the 3ds would be fine by me.

I'll repeat myself from the Japanese demo and make you a Fencer since the smiling male portrait (with customized brown hair) makes me think of your profile picture and your positive attitude.

Aw, thanks! I look forward to crushing your foes. :)

Doesn't Nocturne have a feature to switch to first person on a second playthrough?

If and when they release another fully 3D game I can see them doing that again. Though I think the feature should be made available from the beginning.

• Upvote 1

Doesn't Nocturne have a feature to switch to first person on a second playthrough?

If and when they release another fully 3D game I can see them doing that again. Though I think the feature should be made available from the beginning.

Yes it has that, but it's not that well executed IMO. Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

So to pass the time tomorrow evening when I'm at my hotel, I started replaying Final Fantasy IX again on my Vita. The game looks really nice on the system, and plays pretty well on there too.

Right now I'm just beginning the search for Garnet in Evil Forest with Vivi and Steiner in tow.

So to pass the time tomorrow evening when I'm at my hotel, I started replaying Final Fantasy IX again on my Vita. The game looks really nice on the system, and plays pretty well on there too.

Right now I'm just beginning the search for Garnet in Evil Forest with Vivi and Steiner in tow.

C'mon Squeenix and Atlus, have a big PSN sale so I can fill my Vita with this game and others I want!

Despite my love for home console games, final fantasy 9 on handheld is probabely my favorite way to play that game. I don't really like the super clean look of the pc version, and something about the game just feels really nice on handheld more than any of the other ps1 FF games to me.

I found a deal on the original version of IX for the PS1 and picked it up a while back. No idea when I am going to get to it, but I am certainly looking forward to it.

Do you remember what the approximate length of the game is, in terms of hours?

I found a deal on the original version of IX for the PS1 and picked it up a while back. No idea when I am going to get to it, but I am certainly looking forward to it.

One of my favorite sites!

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=3505

40ish hours

One of my favorite sites!

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=3505

40ish hours

Took me over 50 because I got invested in the Chocobo Hot n' Cold mini game and trying to master as many abilities for characters before I said, "Good enough."

There's probably be about 2 or 3 more hours on my file just because of how goddamn long it took me to finally beat Ozma. Seriously, Ozma is by far one of the most annoying super bosses I have ever fought. It took many attempts at that boss fight. Yeah you can manipulate his moveset depending on your party levels, but that doesn't mean victory is assured, especially if he throws out his Curse + Meteor combo.

I'm sorry, I'm getting off track. I just really, really, REALLY hate Ozma. Like, I hate him as much as Kefka hates all life in Final Fantasy VI because I had such bad luck against him.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Upvote 1

Ozma is nothing compared to all of the stories about fighting the Demi-Fiend in Digital Devil Saga. I mean, when the boss can just casually wreck you with one move that you have no chance of surviving if you piss him off, that's pretty $#!&ed up.