What RPG's are you currently playing?

cprmauldin

It's like Zahan knew I was going to make him the Hound class (one of the Therian people classes) since they summon wolves/falcons in combat.

If you want to add me to your games, go for it. All I request is that I'm either a Dragoon, Cestus, or a Shaman.

It's like Zahan knew I was going to make him the Hound class (one of the Therian people classes) since they summon wolves/falcons in combat.

If you want to add me to your games, go for it. All I request is that I'm either a Dragoon, Cestus, or a Shaman.

Done. And twinsie best be in your game!

I already know I'm going to be a Shaman in my Den guild, Platty's going to be a Necromancer since he was so damn good in the Japanese demo (seriously Necromancers might be my new favorite Etrian class), and Zahan a Hound because...well, the joke is in his user name and the Japanese name of that class.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

When I finish EO1...

You're going to be the ailment Herbalist in my Den guild. Didn't mess with them too much on the demo, but I've heard Herbalist ailment skills are good.

I already know I'm going to be a Shaman in my Den guild, Platty's going to be a Necromancer since he was so damn good in the Japanese demo (seriously Necromancers might be my new favorite Etrian class), and Zahan a Hound because...well, the joke is in his user name and the Japanese name of that class.

Sounds good!  I think I understand Dragoon and Shaman, but what's a Cestus?  A martial arts class?  Sounds like, given that Cestus is Latin for striker.  Sounds awesome.

Dragoon is clearly a swordsmanship class, 'cause in history, dragoons are light infantrymen who would ride horses to each skirmish in battle, then dismount to fight with sword, combining the best attributes of cavalry and infantry.

Shaman sounds like a support class like Mystic from 4 or Hexer from 1, or a hybrid of each.

Edit: just found the Etrian wiki, and all my guesses were pretty spot on. :D

Edited by The Dog of Zahan

Sounds good! I think I understand Dragoon and Shaman, but what's a Cestus? A martial arts class? Sounds like, given that Cestus is Latin for striker. Sounds awesome.
Exactly right. They are like the Dark Hunter of Etrian 5 since they can strike at different parts of the body to bind the Head, Arms, or Legs of enemies.

By the way, these are all the races and classes of the game:

Earthrun (the most human looking) classes:

Fencer - the swordsman of the game, can perform a lot of stuff Landsknetch's could do as well as having high evasion like Survivalists.

Dragoon - the meat shield class who can either defend the party or wield guns for group attacks.

Cestus - the fisticuffs class who can bind enemies.

Reaper - the class that can benefit from ailments. Has some effects I'm not 100% sure on.

Lunaria (the elfin looking people) classes:

Warlock - Element user of the game. Has some other skills as well to support the party.

Necromancer - Can summon the undead to attack or sacrifice for bonuses.

Therian (the animal earred folk) classes:

Masurao - The glass cannon attacker. Can wield up to four swords.

Hound - Can summon animals to help in combat. Apparently has a number of skills to heal and attack.

Bronie (the tiny nomad people) classes:

Herbalist - The healing class who can use ailment mixtures.

Shaman - The support class in the vain of Troubadours. Can boost attack, defense, add elements to attacks, etc.

Names could change for the races and classes in the western release, such as the land of Arcadia becoming Arcania in the announcement trailer.

Sounds good! I think I understand Dragoon and Shaman, but what's a Cestus? A martial arts class? Sounds like, given that Cestus is Latin for striker. Sounds awesome.

Therian (the animal earred folk) classes:

Masurao

Hound

Bronie (the tiny nomad people) classes:

Herbalist

Shaman

There could be jokes made here, but I will abstain.  :D

Only took one post for someone to catch that.

Shamans will buff and support the $#!& out of you.

In all seriousness though, every class in the game is very useful. With the Title System this game has, you can eventually make some drastic changes to a classes skill set. For example, Fencers can become dodge masters who act as evasion tanks, or you can have a Dragoon who heavily focuses on gun skills.

I don't know a lot about the Title System, but what I've heard from others on GameFAQs make it sound like a lot of fun to experiment with.

Only took one post for someone to catch that.

Shamans will buff and support the $#!& out of you.

In all seriousness though, every class in the game is very useful. With the Title System this game has, you can eventually make some drastic changes to a classes skill set. For example, Fencers can become dodge masters who act as evasion tanks, or you can have a Dragoon who heavily focuses on gun skills.

I don't know a lot about the Title System, but what I've heard from others on GameFAQs make it sound like a lot of fun to experiment with.

You know, I never did play Etrian Untold 2, despite my husband getting it as a gift for me, thanking me for kindnesses I did him. 

I'm going to start today in the Story mode, and see if I can finish before July!  Great to tide me over 'til 5!

• Upvote 1

Woah, you've already got a lot of people planned out :o

How many people can you have in one guild? Who else are you planning on adding?

Woah, you've already got a lot of people planned out :o

How many people can you have in one guild? Who else are you planning on adding?

I told you guys I was excited for this game. It's been a long wait, so I'm happy to be thinking about the game.

Guild wise, you can register up to 30 characters. I'm not sure yet on who else I'll add. You for sure gooie, so that's 5 people already.

Started Etrian Untold 2, and been through half the first floor of Yggdrasil and half the first floor of Ginnungagap. Seen the story relevant material in these places.  I'm playing on Standard Story with FMsynth music.

Fun fact: Ginnungagap is the old Norse word for "Magical chasm", and is supposedly the formless void from which all worlds and Yggdrasil itself sprung forth in Norse myth. Apparently "gap" meant the same in old Norse as in Modern English.  Makes sense.

Zahan, can I just give you major props for spelling Ginnungagap correctly? You have no idea how many people I see misspell character names or locations in a game, despite often seeing how the thing is spelt several times while playing. It is strangely annoying to see someone write "Teddy" when talking about the character from Persona 4, despite him being a central character and the player consistently seeing it spelled "Teddie" throughout the entire freaking game. And that's a simple one!

Honestly I don't pay enough attention to name in games. That's why I just call places Dark Pikachu and Gummy Gap. I know it's bad, but I'm bad with names and places anyway and compound that with games being played while I watch TV and attention isn't always paid to spellings.

I don't like misspelling things if I can help it, so I pay attention to various spellings, and I'll look up a name if necessary. That's just how I am.

Honestly I don't pay enough attention to name in games. That's why I just call places Dark Pikachu and Gummy Gap. I know it's bad, but I'm bad with names and places anyway and compound that with games being played while I watch TV and attention isn't always paid to spellings.

I ended up calling it Ginnunga due to YouTube uploads of Etrian Untold 2's soundtrack. At the time before the English release, people were posting the song as "Labyrinth - Ginnunga."

Course, the demo made the called the new labyrinth Ginnungagap, so that's what I started calling it.

I don't like misspelling things if I can help it, so I pay attention to various spellings, and I'll look up a name if necessary. That's just how I am.

Haha, I do the same! Glad to see I'm not the only one. :P

It's odd because I'm pretty much a grammar Nazi otherwise.

Now that we know Etrian 5 is coming, it makes me want to go back to my second playthrough of Etrian 4 to finish it off.

I dubbed my second playthrough, "Victoria's Voyage," because it stars the little sister of my Etrian 4 protagonist (the Sniper/guy with the bow in my profile picture). Their stories start the same, but Victoria ends up going into the labyrinth with a different cast of characters due to her older brother getting hurt pretty badly not long after reaching Tharsis.

She had wanted to explore the lands around Tharsis with her big brother (which is what they did in my original file's plot) but eventually had to sit out due to events that tie in with the end game.

Instead, she takes the lead and wants to see all she can, writing everything down for her brother to read while her guild is off exploring. He's the only family she has left, so she has to put on a brave face and try to be a confidant leader.

That's the basic gist of my story for that anyway. I ended up stopping right after beating the 3rd stratum, so when I go back it will be off to the 4th land and eventually the 4th stratum. The 4th land is when the game's actual story gets pretty good.

Likewise, my friend. Of course, I don't generally call out poor spelling unless it's a particularly egregious error, but I'm always weirdly anal about my spelling, and it bugs me to no end when I reread something I wrote, and end up finding errors.

• Upvote 1

Likewise, my friend. Of course, I don't generally call out poor spelling unless it's a particularly egregious error, but I'm always weirdly anal about my spelling, and it bugs me to no end when I reread something I wrote, and end up finding errors.
I try not to too much, but typically will when it makes the sentence change. My favorite annoying mistake is a part/apart. How the hell to people mess that up. I'll comment (when the don't space) how sad it is that they've been left out or are no longer a part of something.

Now that we know Etrian 5 is coming, it makes me want to go back to my second playthrough of Etrian 4 to finish it off.

I dubbed my second playthrough, "Victoria's Voyage," because it stars the little sister of my Etrian 4 protagonist (the Sniper/guy with the bow in my profile picture). Their stories start the same, but Victoria ends up going into the labyrinth with a different cast of characters due to her older brother getting hurt pretty badly not long after reaching Tharsis.

She had wanted to explore the lands around Tharsis with her big brother (which is what they did in my original file's plot) but eventually had to sit out due to events that tie in with the end game.

Instead, she takes the lead and wants to see all she can, writing everything down for her brother to read while her guild is off exploring. He's the only family she has left, so she has to put on a brave face and try to be a confidant leader.

That's the basic gist of my story for that anyway. I ended up stopping right after beating the 3rd stratum, so when I go back it will be off to the 4th land and eventually the 4th stratum. The 4th land is when the game's actual story gets pretty good.

What's her motivation? Does she want to simply follow in big brother's footsteps or is there something she's not telling. In other words, does she have a secret? What's Victoria's secret?

I try not to too much, but typically will when it makes the sentence change. My favorite annoying mistake is a part/apart. How the hell to people mess that up. I'll comment (when the don't space) how sad it is that they've been left out or are no longer a part of something.

What's her motivation? Does she want to simply follow in big brother's footsteps or is there something she's not telling. In other words, does she have a secret? What's Victoria's secret?
First off, that's hilarious.

Second, I'll get back to you on that elsewhere on the Den. I'd rather take my time typing up their individual stories rather than trying to do it in a few minutes on the mobile site of the Den.

And whether your joking or serious, I do appreciate the interest. :)

Definitely a 60-40 on the 2 things but I won't confirm or deny I'm more serious or more joking!

Oh Platty. :P

I have been wanting to type up the back stories and the like for my characters and guilds across the series for awhile now actually. Both for myself and for anyone curious. That way if anyone sees me say I like to be creative with my characters in the games they can see what I do.

Stretching my creativity it what got me into this series, and I still remember the tag line for one of Etrian 3's trailers:

"What will your story be?"

The gameplay caught my eye too, but I think I heard the trailer at just the right time to make me go, "Wow, that's cool a game is being promoted like that."