What RPG's are you currently playing?

cprmauldin

Right, and I helped you out with a correction. I'm not condemning you or anything.

Oh, I don't know. You remind me a lot of Ilyn Payne.

Should I have not clarified anything then?

Right, and I helped you out with a correction. I'm not condemning you or anything.

I feel like my jokes have been totally missing the mark with you lately.

I feel like my jokes have been totally missing the mark with you lately.

I suppose so. I picked up Arkham Knight again to avoid finishing P5 for a while, so I might be in Batman mode right now.

The Batmobile absolutely destroyed that game for me. I hate it. I can barely control the damn thing. Just let me move about the city like I could all the other games.

The problem with the Batmobile in AK isn't that it's there, but that you are forced to use it at certain points. I can drive it just fine, and getting around the city can still be done the usual way, but I don't like being forced into using the damn thing if I don't want to.

Going deep into my backlog to finish Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga. I was JUST at Cackletta, but, alas, he was way too tough for me to defeat way back when. Now that I'm older and wiser, I'm gonna play from the beginning and defeat him this time.

• Upvote 1

That's always a good game to go back and play. Of all the M&L games, that's the one I know best. I always go for the Advance! versions of Bros. Moves as soon as possible. Plus it's a pretty short RPG, so it's easy to play/replay without feeling burnt out.

Cackletta is a woman by the way, but anyway, she and Fawful are a good duo. The other "major," villain Popple is also a good foil to the Bros. adventure, especially when his minion is none other than an amnesiac Bowser!

Then you have the all new territory of the Beanbean Kingdom, the punny names of each region being named after a different kind of laugh, the many secrets, all the mini games, the Beanbean Brews you can make to get special items....

I could go on, but I think this brief post shows how much I like Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

That's always a good game to go back and play. Of all the M&L games, that's the one I know best. I always go for the Advance! versions of Bros. Moves as soon as possible. Plus it's a pretty short RPG, so it's easy to play/replay without feeling burnt out.

Cackletta is a woman by the way, but anyway, she and Fawful are a good duo. The other "major," villain Popple is also a good foil to the Bros. adventure, especially when his minion is none other than an amnesiac Bowser!

Then you have the all new territory of the Beanbean Kingdom, the punny names of each region being named after a different kind of laugh, the many secrets, all the mini games, the Beanbean Brews you can make to get special items....

I could go on, but I think this brief post shows how much I like Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga.

On top of Cackletta's gender, I've forgotten most everything about this game's lore. Totally forgot the setting, forgot the characters, etc. It must have been 8 years or so since I've played. Edited by eal

I'm on Chapter 20 of FE: Awakening. Donnel has become the one man army I was hoping for and completely trashed chapters 18 and 19. I have him and Kellam work together, and it was hilarious that big bad Walhart was taken down by turn 6 despite all his boasting. Donnel mopped the floor with him with a Bronze Sword, AND I LOVE IT.

Chapter 21, Walhart's dialogue as he tried to attack Donnel and Kellam:

"You would dare challenge the Conquerer himself?!"

Apparently he forgot how much he got his arse kicked in the last chapter by a village hero and the invisible man. Must be in denial he lost to those two.

Persona 4 has made me incredibly impressed with how it can take small, insignificant things that I completely forgot about, and turn them into something important so perfectly. To be specific...

That gas station attendant. Wowee, I totally forgot about that encounter until right when I was asked about it. :P

Boom, Chapter 21 beaten. Surprisingly it was Chrom and Sumia who killed off Walhart, but not before i managed to snag the treasure on the map with Gaius.

Now it's off to meet Validar again. Honestly I forgot that guy was even in the game. The villains of Awakening haven't left much impact, and usually I can remember most characters in a game. The only villain I've cared about in this game was the original king of Plegia. Too bad I don't remember his name. I'm starting to sound like my twinsie...

Anyway, I'm glad I'm finally reaching the end of this game. I'm thinking I'll go back and try to replay Sacred Stones from the beginning before picking up Birthright and then eventually Shadows of Valentia. Though to be honest, everything I've seen of Shadows of Valentia makes me want to get that game, yet I want to play a FE game with the whole Japanese aesthetic going on in Birthright. I remember that caught my eye back when Fates was first revealed because it wasn't the traditional fantasy world swordsman we had seen before. And then seeing it was a clash between the new Japanese culture idea vs the traditional fantasy setting army...I don't know, it just makes me interested.

I'm sorry, I'm rambling in this post. Point is, I've got the Fire Emblem itch back.

I got Superstar Saga when I was a kid, so I played a lot of the same parts dozens of times but never getting past certain ones. I remember the opening section being so much longer (as in the start of the game to the castle), yet I did all that stuff in like 2 hours.

It's amazing what age does to your ability to play video games.

Boom, Chapter 21 beaten. Surprisingly it was Chrom and Sumia who killed off Walhart, but not before i managed to snag the treasure on the map with Gaius.

Now it's off to meet Validar again. Honestly I forgot that guy was even in the game. The villains of Awakening haven't left much impact, and usually I can remember most characters in a game. The only villain I've cared about in this game was the original king of Plegia. Too bad I don't remember his name. I'm starting to sound like my twinsie...

Anyway, I'm glad I'm finally reaching the end of this game. I'm thinking I'll go back and try to replay Sacred Stones from the beginning before picking up Birthright and then eventually Shadows of Valentia. Though to be honest, everything I've seen of Shadows of Valentia makes me want to get that game, yet I want to play a FE game with the whole Japanese aesthetic going on in Birthright. I remember that caught my eye back when Fates was first revealed because it wasn't the traditional fantasy world swordsman we had seen before. And then seeing it was a clash between the new Japanese culture idea vs the traditional fantasy setting army...I don't know, it just makes me interested.

I'm sorry, I'm rambling in this post. Point is, I've got the Fire Emblem itch back.

The villain of Awakening's first arc is Gangrel.

Just in case you do go to Birthright first, remember Mozu. A reclass to Archer and she will own dudes hard.

While I appreciate the tip, I'll let you know if I want advice/tips on how to play. I didn't mind all the gameplay tips for DQ7 3DS since I had already played that game, but for a new game I haven't played like Fates or Echoes or any other FE game/RPG I'd rather go on blind and make my own decisions and ask for advice when and if I need it. You certainly have a lot of info on the FE games, so I'll ask you when the time comes. :)

Thank you for clearing up Grangel name though. I thought it started with a "G."

While I appreciate the tip, I'll let you know if I want advice/tips on how to play. I didn't mind all the gameplay tips for DQ7 3DS since I had already played that game, but for a new game I haven't played like Fates or Echoes or any other FE game/RPG I'd rather go on blind and make my own decisions and ask for advice when and if I need it. You certainly have a lot of info on the FE games, so I'll ask you when the time comes. :)

Thank you for clearing up Grangel name though. I thought it started with a "G."

Lol, that sounded sassy as hell.

Luckily we know you well enough to know it wasn't meant that way :laugh: :laugh:

• Upvote 1

I'm loving Fire Emblem Echoes, myself.  Furthermore, I'm getting it off my slate in time for RPG Maker FES for 3DS, which I'm having shipped to me for a change.

Next year I'll be playing Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology and Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux, which have just been confirmed for 2018 releases.  I'm very excited for both!

Edit:  Not seconds after I made this post, I also read that Etrian 5 is coming this fall!  I'm sure Yangus and I will certainly be happily playing that!

Edited by The Dog of Zahan

I'm loving Fire Emblem Echoes, myself. Furthermore, I'm getting it off my slate in time for RPG Maker FES for 3DS, which I'm having shipped to me for a change.

Next year I'll be playing Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology and Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux, which have just been confirmed for 2018 releases. I'm very excited for both!

Edit: Not seconds after I made this post, I also read that Etrian 5 is coming this fall! I'm sure Yangus and I will certainly be happily playing that!

What makes you think Yangus will play Etrian Odyssey V?

I'm loving Fire Emblem Echoes, myself. Furthermore, I'm getting it off my slate in time for RPG Maker FES for 3DS, which I'm having shipped to me for a change.

Next year I'll be playing Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology and Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux, which have just been confirmed for 2018 releases. I'm very excited for both!

Edit: Not seconds after I made this post, I also read that Etrian 5 is coming this fall! I'm sure Yangus and I will certainly be happily playing that!

Oh, gee.... Umm.. I dunno.. the profile picture, the status update, the post to the thread on the series which he started... he might be a fan of that series.. just a hunch I have.  I think he'd get into it if he gave it a chance.

Oh, gee.... Umm.. I dunno.. the profile picture, the status update, the post to the thread on the series which he started... he might be a fan of that series.. just a hunch I have.  I think he'd get into it if he gave it a chance.

I think you're jumping to conclusions! I've never even heard Yangus mention this series before yesterday.

Oh you guys.... :P

Better be careful or you might end up in my planned Dragon's Den guild Redux.

Anyway, ANNOUNCMENT TRAILER!!!!

Oh that voice acting introduction to the for races and their goals is awesome. Playing the Japanese demo I was surprised the intro to the 1st stratum began with a full voice acting scene, so if this is how they'll implement it into the game I'll be alright with voice acting in this EO game!

CAN. NOT. WAIT.

Edit: Atlus USA confirmed a fall 2017 release on Facebook! Had to update the video link too!

• Upvote 1

Oh you guys.... :P

Better be careful or you might end up in my planned Dragon's Den guild Redux.

Anyway, ANNOUNCMENT TRAILER!!!!

Oh that voice acting introduction to the for races and their goals is awesome. Playing the Japanese demo I was surprised the intro to the 1st stratum began with a full voice acting scene, so if this is how they'll implement it into the game I'll be alright with voice acting in this EO game!

CAN. NOT. WAIT.

Edit: Atlus USA confirmed a fall 2017 release on Facebook! Had to update the video link too!

If I end up in your game, please make sure I'm represented by one of those rabbit-eared folk! 

Want me to name a specific character "Yangus" when I get it?

• Upvote 1

Oh, I'll definitely have a Yangus!

As should I, I just wanted his preferences of character class or portrait. :D