What RPG's are you currently playing?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

10/10 picture. You can get a lot of funny pictures in the 3DS version. Shame DQ11S’s camera mode feels so limiting by comparison.

OK, I have a good three hours clocked in FFIX now, so it's time for first impressions!   -I love this game. In this short time of playing, I'm already having a blast, and I'm sure it'll only get be

Dragon Quest III iOS. Ready for EO Untold II.

Posted Images

You got a ways to go, bro. 5 hours is what the word is.

Although, if you need an exact date, April 18th is when the leash gets taken off.

I'm back on Fantasy Life. I just started up Chapter 3, and an X mark has appeared on the moon.

I assume that means only one thing: Yangus has to become a space pirate and dig out the giant treasure on Lunares (the moon).

• Upvote 1

It's midnight! Anyone gonna play P5?

Still not quite midnight where I am, but I'm getting a physical copy anyway, and I won't have the game until later tomorrow.

So I'm 4:24 hours into the game and I'm still making my way through the first Palace. Any time anything happens they leave to regroup and then go back in the next day. I just added Ann to the party and we left after facing what I assume was the mid-boss. So April 15th is as far as I'm up to right now.

I'm back on Fantasy Life. I just started up Chapter 3, and an X mark has appeared on the moon.

I assume that means only one thing: Yangus has to become a space pirate and dig out the giant treasure on Lunares (the moon).

Makes me think... you gonna buy the DLC for it when it comes to it? It's much later.

So I'm 4:24 hours into the game and I'm still making my way through the first Palace. Any time anything happens they leave to regroup and then go back in the next day. I just added Ann to the party and we left after facing what I assume was the mid-boss. So April 15th is as far as I'm up to right now.

So, not 5 hours?

Makes me think... you gonna buy the DLC for it when it comes to it? It's much later.

So, not 5 hours?

It all depends on how you perceive the tutorial stage. In P4, you have almost no control of your character until 3 hours in when you go through the first dungeon. About an hour into P5, you had some measure of control as you learned how to fight in the Palace. Prior to that, you had pretty limited mobility and just had to sit through the dialogue and cutscenes. About 4 hours in I was able to roam around the Palace and battle Shadows to my heart's content. Even got to negotiate with them, which is a fun mechanic. That is, until the story took control again.

That being said, currently I can't roam around the city as I please yet. I'm still moving as the story dictates.

April 18th is your goal. You're almost there.

• Upvote 1

You know, I was wondering that same question myself last night! What does the DLC add Platty? If it's something like Bloodborne's DLC where it adds new areas, items, story, etc. at a good price, I'll pick it up.

You know, I was wondering that same question myself last night! What does the DLC add Platty? If it's something like Bloodborne's DLC where it adds new areas, items, story, etc. at a good price, I'll pick it up.
Yes. It's a full chapter. And a whole country/land. And 1 more level to all the jobs. It's quite a bit. Maybe another 10+ hours.

You assume full control around 5-6 hours in, but you still need to clear the first Palace. It's no "Yukiko's Castle," that's for sure.

And thank god for no randomization.

Currently playing P5 myself. Loving it already.

I assumed they were blocking me from recording video or taking pictures because it was before launch, but I guess it's something they're doing in general.

That's about in line with their culture. I remember when Ultimax came out and they asked everyone online not to spoil anything for people. It's something they do a lot of when it comes to Persona games.

Only annoying thing is that post is written in that same "casual, cool guy" style NA Atlus has adopted. Think back to when they explained why there was some Japanese dialogue still in the English version of the SMT IV sequel, for example...

Edited by eal

Less than an hour and I'll have my TYH edition, it's waiting at home.

The artbook is a bit insubstantial but the soundtrack has some good tunes and the bag is amazingly well made for Collector's Edition item. The box is also quite nice but mine is a bit damaged. Morgana plush is cute as well. If you got it with Amazon Prime, it's a steal.

Yeah, got it with Prime.

And the bag will replace the one I'm currently using taking books and electronics to work.

Just read Atlus's sharing of content about P5 post on Facebook. Wow, why are companies so up their own asses about this stuff? That's some really dumb moves, and the comments are really letting them have it.

http://atlus.com/note-persona-5-streaming/

From the business side, I can see it as not wanting to lose sales if they restrict stuff so you gotta play it for yourself.

From the director's side, I can see it as Not wanting to spoil the story they've worked so hard on and want people to enjoy it

From the consumer side, I see it as very dumb and just either allow it or don't. don't put a billion restrictions on streaming play.

Okay, most agree that P3 was darker than P4, but P5 is something else! Within those first five hours, I ended up pissed, disgusted, shocked, and outright ready to kill a man. Damn...

• Upvote 1

They want you mad at the villains so they go hard. I will admit I was shocked when Shiho did that, even though it seemed a bit obvious.

I'd say 5 is more "mature" then "dark." 3 was dark, 5 is mature.

• Upvote 1

I'd say both are more mature. I don't recall much in 3 being dark.