Sign in to follow this  
garithos

Dragon Quest 25th Anniversary et Heroes 3 formalized in the United Sta

2514_logo%2025th.png

Rumor or reality, that is the question, but the official Nintendo Magazine today published a list of anticipated game this year in the United States.

In this list, we discover so Dragon Quest 25th Anniversary release in Japan 15 September 2011 and also Dragon Quest Heroes 3 output to Japan in early November.

Find below an excerpt of these two series

That is what the patient before arriving Dragon Quest X Online and Dragon Quest Monster Terry's Wonderland 3D .

Source: Official Nintendo Magazine

Edited by garithos

Pleeeeeease let this happen in the US

Well if the magazine is right that would certainly be good news. I expected "Rocket Slime 3d" to be released here for no other reason then to have more 3DS games on the market, but the Anniversary Collection isn't something I was expecting since we never got the SNES versions of I/II and III here. It would be amusing for people to see the difference between "Dragon Warrior" and "Dragon Quest" on the NES.

Well if the magazine is right that would certainly be good news. I expected "Rocket Slime 3d" to be released here for no other reason then to have more 3DS games on the market, but the Anniversary Collection isn't something I was expecting since we never got the SNES versions of I/II and III here. It would be amusing for people to see the difference between "Dragon Warrior" and "Dragon Quest" on the NES.

I figure (and hope/pray) that they would leave the NES versions alone since we got official releases.

As for the SNES, there was a thread awhile ago debating what style we would get.

I'm assuming it would be Dragon Quest style with the Frizz and the Zoom and Sizz, etc. since it would be the first official SNES release over here. They have free reign to make it whatever they want.

If it makes it over here I'll buy it. Doesn't matter if it would be the SNES or NES versions of the games.

If it makes it over here I'll buy it. Doesn't matter if it would be the SNES or NES versions of the games.

Agreed, although it'd be nice if we got both.

Eh, I don't know about this. It still seems doubtful that they would pay for localization and go through the programming hell for such a small market.

DO WANT!

Eh, I don't know about this. It still seems doubtful that they would pay for localization and go through the programming hell for such a small market.

And I'd prefer to see Dragon Warrior-style naming. Frizz? Blaze > Frizz. Frizz sounds like you're frying an egg. Blaze sounds like you burned the guy's house down.

Agree. I would rather have the original Japanese names over DW ones. Just handle them like Harry Potter spells, where not all of them have any apparent meaning, but sound cool like magic words. Like "alohomora", from HP, we could have "abakam" in DQ (instead of "open", or something worse in new translations: "ding dong" or "knock knock", perhaps; but I will shut uo now before the translation team reads this and likes this stupid idea).

But at least DW names do not make me want to puke like the new names do.

I'll add my hopes and prayers that this gets released in the U.S. (North America, others in the West, etc).

Please, please, please, please, please!!! :wuvwuv:

Erdrick/Loto/Roto - Blaze/Frizz - Red Slime/She Slime - makes no difference to me, but please, Square-Enix (Plus Alpha, Nintendo, whoever's in charge) please no more of this:

'Get in the offering litter,please.'

'Don't ever litter the litter.'

'This is no time for puns,Shaman.'

'Right.Sorry....'

I'm not saying no puns at all, just not ones at stupid times, or bad ones for that matter. :rolleyes:

I'd buy multple copies of any of it.

• Upvote 1

The Virtual Console hasn't had a thing for months!

Um, what localization? Dragon Quest 1 through 3 have been released in North America TWICE (NES & GBC). They already have all the text in english.

Edited by ErdrickVII

I'll add my hopes and prayers that this gets released in the U.S. (North America, others in the West, etc).

Please, please, please, please, please!!! :wuvwuv:

Erdrick/Loto/Roto - Blaze/Frizz - Red Slime/She Slime - makes no difference to me, but please, Square-Enix (Plus Alpha, Nintendo, whoever's in charge) please no more of this:

'Get in the offering litter,please.'

'Don't ever litter the litter.'

'This is no time for puns,Shaman.'

'Right.Sorry....'

I'm not saying no puns at all, just not ones at stupid times, or bad ones for that matter. :rolleyes:

Agreed. But the old school ones are funny.

DragonWarrior2-1.pngDragonWarrior2-0.png

Edited by hawkeye77o4

Um, what localization? Dragon Quest 1 through 3 have been released in North America TWICE (NES & GBC). They already have all the text in english.

I believe he refers to the localization of the SFC versions of DW1-3, I believe it's those that are on the collection. It would have to be localized (translated).

Pleeeeeease let this happen in the US

This.

Yep, and the GBC versions are abbreviated to fill the limited space. They're still great localizations, as much as N0b complains.

Well this is good news. But I'm not going to get my hopes up until something more offical gets stated; it still feels like a longshot. But I'd definately buy any kind of anniversay collection they put together (translated NES/SNES, or the version that where originally released in America)

• Upvote 1

Same here..., I"ve finished roto trilogies on gbc, I'm not sure if it's about. The "for more collection" stuffs I barely had any time or "money" to buy it, well, it's just complicated, so unless it's really THAT worth it, I'll buy it for more "dq collection" xD

I would love for them to bringover the Anniversary collection, but even more I want to see DQM: Battle Road Wii. There's really no excuse for them not to bring over both, except for Nintendo's fear of the evil DLC. And even then, they just announced DLC for Fire Emblem 3DS....

I believe he refers to the localization of the SFC versions of DW1-3, I believe it's those that are on the collection. It would have to be localized (translated).

Yep, and the GBC versions are abbreviated to fill the limited space. They're still great localizations, as much as N0b complains.

Exactly, the GBC versions are essentially the same as the SFC versions--as far as the text/script is concerned anyway. Sure you can argue the abbreviations, but it's still not nearly as much work as people in this thread seem to think it is.