Sign in to follow this  
kandouerik

Addictive...

Target thinks they can still sell it for $50. The fact that they still have copies proves how wrong that is.

• Upvote 1

Anyways, I'll agree that Itadaki Street is addictive. But if you've played Special for PS2, you'll be disappointed with the Wii version. Still, it's hard to get my friends to sit down and play a game that's still half in Japanese, so the Wii version is good for that. Either way, I want it for my collection.

Why is the Wii one inferior? I've played both and I found the Wii one just as good. It's a good guide to help you play the PS2 one, as well. It took me awhile to learn what was what on the PS2 one.

The DS one is great too. But, be warned. The AI cheats REALLY bad in that one.

I never had a problem with the DS one. Loved it and beat it and unlocked it all relatively quickly.

Then again, I've never had a problem with the Wii version either.

Special:

-impressive graphics

-orchestrated music

-sphere mode (I'm not sure what it is, but it was excluded in the Wii version)

-free character selection in single player

-ability to save multiplayer games

- Interesting and fun board design

Wii:

-graphics on par for the Wii, which typically isn't as pretty as PS2 in the first place

-sample based music, with instrument samples that fit Mario music much more than Dragon Quest music

-no sphere mode

-forced to use Miis in single player

-can't save in multiplayer, which ends up in many long games being cut short

-most boards are recycled from Special or DS. Of the few new ones, even fewer are actually fun to play.

There's a store near me that's had multiple copies of Fortune Street up, mint and sealed, for years. And I've still never played the game.

I feel like I should buy a copy from the shelf... :P

• Upvote 1

How much do they want?

I think the price of a normal Wii game. $45, I think it was? I thought that was a good price since it's still sealed.

Ever since I moved out of my mom's house, I've been looking for a copy of this, since she kept the copy we had. It's been 9 months and I still haven't seen one in a local shop. I know I could just get it on eBay, but it's more fun to collect when you have to look around. It's not an import, so I'm not ready to search on eBay for it yet.

Anyways, I'll agree that Itadaki Street is addictive. But if you've played Special for PS2, you'll be disappointed with the Wii version. Still, it's hard to get my friends to sit down and play a game that's still half in Japanese, so the Wii version is good for that. Either way, I want it for my collection.

http://www.amazon.ca/Fortune-Street-Wii-Standard-Edition/dp/B0050SVGXMI got mine on Canadian amazon for around 20 bucks for a sealed copy.