Sign in to follow this  
Winter

Artwork request

Not sure if this belongs in Wants and Wishes or here though I have a request for artwork. If you do commissions, make a fair offer for my request and I will pay you via Paypal when I get paid next Friday.

I want in the background a giant cross; in front of it would be Shido/Malroth (he would be the biggest), then in front of him would be a slightly smaller Hargon, and then in front of him, would be Atlas to the left, Bazuzu in the center, and Belial/Zarlox on the right.

I could probably do it and I like drawing and coloring monsters (see my monster art thread) but right now I'm in an exam period and I don't get some free time until February.

Why the cross if I my ask?

The cross would be for all the religious imagery in Dragon Quest II and the fact that there is a cross in the final room where you face Hargon and Shido.

Ah I see, well if you get me a pic of that room I can incorporate it into the background. Is it fine by you if this only gets done in about a month?

There is no timeline to when I want this done. I appreciate that someone even replied.

I don't even need the full room as that would take forever. I am just looking for the cross, then Shido, then Hargon, and then his minions.

Or better still you don't even have to include a cross though it would compliment Shido nicely.

Hey winter I sent you a pm for further details. Check it please and get back to me. It's in the top right corner of the forum. ;)

Bam!

Finally finished the rough sketch. It did take me more time then I thought it would. I also had a rough time getting those 2 buff guys at the sides crammed in as I drew them last. But now composition wise I think it looks fairly nice.

Whacha think bros?

dqiisketch.jpg

Edited by TRL

As per your usual, TRL... fantastic.

Thanks, I had fun drawing these characters. The inked version will probably come later this weekend.

That looks great :thumbsup:

Oh, Wow! If you started printing this out on professional material you could probably make people think its legit. I mean, that would make a really great poster. But yeah, no room for a cross there.

That looks amazing. Great work TRL!

Thanks guys!

Actually I plan to scan the inked version in high resolution and clean it up a bit. So I bet it actually could be printed out as a poster.

That's what I plan to deliver to winter because he's paying me a small fee for this.

And yeah the cross kinda got lost in all that monster wildness. :D

Awwwww at Bazuzu's ears and Hargon petting his head. Well done!

Hehe yeah it started out as Hargon having this controlling hand over his minions, but then ended in him actually petting bazuzu like a pet. I guess it works both ways. :)

Inks yall!!

Now to get some response from Winter..

dqiiink.jpg

Thanks alot of work went into inking these details. Especially Malroth!

I tried to make Belial look more menacing and powerful than the usual bullwong. I tried on Atlas but I think he just doesn't have any other expression than that insanely staring smile. xD

Updating the look of Hargon was challenging too. But luckily there's that one cover of DQII that offered some help.

Wait, I think I understand now...

Akira Toriyama entered secretly into this Forum under the username of "TRL". :upperslime:

thats one dam cool pic - love it! :slimeking:

Wait, I think I understand now...

Akira Toriyama entered secretly into this Forum under the username of "TRL". :upperslime:

So the TR is for "ToRiyama". Maybe the L is for "AkiLa" (Akila being an alternative romanization of Akira)

Hahaha come on guys! You know Toriyama wouldn't speak half as decent english as I do! ;p

Thanks for the compliments though. It's great to hear! Now where the hell is winter hiding? :)

Wow! Totally blew away my expectations. I knew it was going to be good but I just didn't know how good.

Edit: If you could as well, please sign your name or how you would like to be known on the artwork somewhere. I want to put this on a t-shirt and wear it though I would feel guilty wearing it without giving credit where it is due.

Edited by Winter

Ah yeah sure. I'll get you the psd file so printing it in the right quality would be more easy.

wow TRL you are a good drawer i never expected good drawings here TILL NOW! that is one! GOO! DRAWING!

did you end up coloring it in? i think lots of people would want to see that. :)