felixrush

Music stuck in your head?

After Goddess knows how many years of wanting to hear an 8-bit rendering of DQ8's War Cry, the Youtube postings of the DQ11 OST have granted my wish!

That was good for me.  :D

• Like 1

Probably my favorite song from the White Album.

Once my kids found out the name, they ask Alexa for it all the time.

38 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Once my kids found out the name, they ask Alexa for it all the time.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Rito Village in Breath of the Wild has left this song in my head for awhile.

Not really stuck in my head, but I want to share this:

I put on this music while practicing Japanese specifically because it was Sugiyama music that isn't stuck in my head. Fun music that fits in with the whole reason I'm learning the language, while not being something I know that distracts me into humming along.

This is actually stuck in my head:

I'm posting this today in honor of the passing of the legendary Rush drummer and lyricist Neil Peart today.  I feel that this, the last song off their last album is the last message Neil ever wanted to give his fans.  I pass it along in hopes that it inspires all my denizens to live with love and kindness for others always.  Life's too short to squabble with others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Dog of Zahan said:

I'm posting this today in honor of the passing of the legendary Rush drummer and lyricist Neil Peart today.  I feel that this, the last song off their last album is the last message Neil ever wanted to give his fans.  I pass it along in hopes that it inspires all my denizens to live with love and kindness for others always.  Life's too short to squabble with others.

Whoa, what?! I hadn’t heard about that! Man, that sucks! RIP Neil Peart. I’m going to have to listen to Moving Pictures tonight, as that’s my favorite Rush album. Rush was one of my dad’s favorite bands before he passed away, and it’s because of him and his records/CDs from the band that I became a fan.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Whoa, what?! I hadn’t heard about that! Man, that sucks! RIP Neil Peart. I’m going to have to listen to Moving Pictures tonight, as that’s my favorite Rush album. Rush was one of my dad’s favorite bands before he passed away, and it’s because of him and his records/CDs from the band that I became a fan.

Yeah, official statement on Twitter is Neil had been secretly fighting cancer since his retirement about 3 years ago.  All my information on Neil, from reluctant interviews and his own lyrics, points to a very private guy who wouldn't have wanted a big production made out of his private battle.  Keeping it quiet was very much "him", and I'm glad he and his bandmates kept it quiet. I know he had a rather strained relationship with fame, and I also imagine the last thing he'd want is for strangers to give their sympathy or condolences until after he'd actually passed.  Well, he has, and so, now is the time to remember him.

Rush, to me, is a gift a now departed online friend gave to me, streaming all their albums for me as he did, some 6 years ago.  Now that their drummer, their keystone, as it were, is gone, it's all the more precious to me, still.  Anyone with a fondness for Neil or the band, treasure your personal feelings towards their music, and above all, treasure each other.  Treasure your life as well.  Live with as much bravado and confidence as you can muster and don't sell your self short, take measured chances and aim for the moon. 

TL;DR, in Rush lyrics, we're only immortal for a limited time.  Roll the Bones.

• Like 1

I'm not familiar with a lot of Rush music (I tend not to follow particular groups, just music I like) but Tom Sawyer is one of my favorite songs. Sad to hear when someone who's written good music has played their last note.

12 hours ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

I'm not familiar with a lot of Rush music (I tend not to follow particular groups, just music I like) but Tom Sawyer is one of my favorite songs. Sad to hear when someone who's written good music has played their last note.

It is.  I don't mind telling anyone, I'm touched by this in two ways, neither good. 

The first is the obvious feelings that one has for a passing celebrity -- condolences and sympathies towards their friends, families and bandmates, and of course, the sad realization that they shall never perform again. 

The second is more personal and complicated.  The short version is that the friend I once had who is most responsible for my introduction to Rush passed away 4 years ago.  With Neil's passing away, it reopens old wounds.  I feel like I've lost not only Neil, but a part of that old departed friend, all over again.

BUT!!! I will not let these maudlin feelings rule me.  They're just feelings.  My actions will always be informed by my thoughts, and my thoughts are that these memories must become all the more precious to me, and that I must guard them well, but also not wallow in them.  Life is for the living.  I don't intend to sink into despair over this.  There are loved ones and friends who need me to be mindful of the present. 

I found a piece of beauty worth crying over.

The sound of a well tuned music box has always made me somewhat emotional. Coupled with this particular piece of music... Well, I feel extreme longing, mourning, and joy all at once.

So, Omphale's Spinning Wheel is most famous in the west for having provided the opening theme for The Shadow's radio theme (3:10), but I can't help but notice that the section following the infamous radio theme actually sounds like it could fit nicely in Dragon Quest somewhere.

All. Week. Long.

I’ve had two Mario Kart songs in my head. Not sure why, but hey, I’m not complaining. Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64 have some very good music.

Had these in my head the past few days. The first one was because someone at work brought up bronchitis when we were cleaning. Both are funny songs if you need a quick laugh.

@Plattym3 you might get a kick out of the second one if you haven’t seen it already.

Haha, the Samsung phone alarm clock is stuck in my head, it haunts me every morning
Agreed!

A masterful parody of Fuel by Metallica as played in Clone Hero.

I’ve also had this one in my head since finding out about the Link’s Awakening soundtrack release.

I didn't go looking for this, but it found me anyway.

I could listen to this all day,

Fun fact: The original Psycho Soldier theme was actually the first music track with recorded lyrics in video game history.