felixrush

Music stuck in your head?

Can't get this one out of my head. I don't care what you think about Kanye personally, this is easily one of the best non-rock/metal albums I've heard in the last decade.

Edited by BorisTheWizard

5 minutes ago, BorisTheWizard said:

Can't get this one out of my head. I don't care what you think about Kanye personally, this is easily one of the best non-rock/metal albums I've heard in the last decade.

You must like fish sticks, Boris. 😜

17 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

You must like fish sticks, Boris. 😜

Nah, they're nasty. Fish Dicks on the other hand... :wuvwuv:

And I know you're saying that as a joke/South Park reference, but Kanye's music isn't half bad, even if he is a piece of crap

Edited by BorisTheWizard

Love the saxophone opening on this song.

Nah, they're nasty. Fish Dicks on the other hand... :wuvwuv:

And I know you're saying that as a joke/South Park reference, but Kanye's music isn't half bad, even if he is a piece of carp

Now that's punny!

While listening in the car today, Plattym4 mentioned that he knew where it was from and he said it was his favorite.  That's a first so I guess it needs mentioning!

This is the first soundtrack I've ever purchased.  Loved parts of Rent & Moulin Rouge, but actually shelling out cold hard gift card iTunes credit for a full album, that's a real rarity.  Doesn't hurt that I love ensemble pieces and duets.  I mean of course it doesn't run through my head constantly that Dawson's wet dream is singing with Wolverine who's singing with High School Musical Basketball star who's singing with Spider-man's future love interest.  I mean that doesn't play into it at all.

Since I’ve been heading east to get home (taking a quick pit stop), this immediately popped into my head.

New Deafheaven album is streaming right now, and I'm in love with it. Can't wait to see metalheads rage once it inevitably becomes part of every "album of the year" list.

I usually listen to podcasts in the car on my way to and from work, but my Tuesday podcast didn’t come out today so I listened to More Adventurous by Rilo Kiley instead. I’ve always considered it maybe one of the best albums from any band.

• Like 1

MF Doom instrumentals.

Out of nowhere I’ve been very nostalgic for the Chronicles of Narnia films, I don’t know why specifically. As such, I’ve been listening to The Call by Regina Spektor over and over. It’s one of the few Regina Spektor songs I can really get behind.

I’ve always had a bizarre relationship with her music. I first heard her stuff during my Senior year of high school when I’d listen to music on Pandora during downtime between classes or while studying and I’d almost always end up at one of her songs eventually.

I like her voice, and even the sound she’s going for in her songs, but I always get the same impression whenever I listen to it. They’re all different songs but I can’t distinguish them at the same time.

Let me put it this way, you know how a lot of times you’ll hit the low point of an album by about the middle section, and they’re all low key, relaxed stuff, missing the vigor you’d find in the first three songs (that were also released as singles just before the full album came out)? That’s what I get from her entire catalogue, which feels unfair because she makes fine music and I think it’s good and her voice is right in my wheelhouse, but I just can’t work up any passion for it.

That being said, her music itself gets me very nostalgic for some reason, and the sound makes me feel a way that’s tough to describe (I know that’s a really vague statement) that is hard to get from other musicians’, well, music.

Out of nowhere I’ve been very nostalgic for the Chronicles of Narnia films, I don’t know why specifically. As such, I’ve been listening to The Call by Regina Spektor over and over. It’s one of the few Regina Spektor songs I can really get behind.
I’ve always had a bizarre relationship with her music. I first heard her stuff during my Senior year of high school when I’d listen to music on Pandora during downtime between classes or while studying and I’d almost always end up at one of her songs eventually.
I like her voice, and even the sound she’s going for in her songs, but I always get the same impression whenever I listen to it. They’re all different songs but I can’t distinguish them at the same time.
Let me put it this way, you know how a lot of times you’ll hit the low point of an album by about the middle section, and they’re all low key, relaxed stuff, missing the vigor you’d find in the first three songs (that were also released as singles just before the full album came out)? That’s what I get from her entire catalogue, which feels unfair because she makes fine music and I think it’s good and her voice is right in my wheelhouse, but I just can’t work up any passion for it.
That being said, her music itself gets me very nostalgic for some reason, and the sound makes me feel a way that’s tough to describe (I know that’s a really vague statement) that is hard to get from other musicians’, well, music.
How many movies were there? 2?

Just now, Plattym3 said:
1 hour ago, eal said:

Three: "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" was the last one.

2 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
1 hour ago, eal said:

Three actually! Voyage of the Dawn Treader was pretty good but it there was no way it was gonna save the franchise. They were gonna make The Magician’s Nephew next, but something happened with the rights to the series and now it’s being rebooted with The Silver Chair, which is a bizarre place to start unless it was its own thing entirely. Magician’s Nephew would make for a better place to start over.

I wasn’t huge on Prince Caspian when I first watched it because it was so starkly different from the previous movie (hadn’t read the books at the time), but I rewatched it a few years ago and it had since grown on me after re-examining it’s merits outside of the original film.

About the only thing good from the AWFUL movie Caddyshack II. Kenny Loggins - King of the 80's Movie Soundtracks.

It’s the worst kind of “music stuck in your head.” A song that you suddenly remembered liking when you heard it in a commercial and remembered some of the lyrics but you’ll never find it by Google search because it was 5-7 years ago by a group that only put out that one song.

I remember playing this song a lot on Guitar Hero III. Always enjoyed the guitar work/sound in this song.

Stuck my head into the Brentalfloss section of the internet today. I've got some mixed feelings about the guy. A lot of his stuff is vulgar but catchy (though not to the same extremes as Duane & Brando), though sometimes he goes too far and gets obnoxious and tryhard. I made the mistake of listening to his Where Are They Now take on the DK Rap, which was unfunny and became punishingly gross during Larry's section -- I didn't bother to finish listening.

His Donkey Kong Country cover, on the other hand, is a favorite.

He's also got quite a few good collabs with Dave Bulmer, who created the original Not Roy cover of the SMW castle theme roughly a decade ago.

Edited by JaybirdC

I don’t care for Brentalfloss. Especially not his Dragon Warrior song.

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I don’t care for Brentalfloss. Especially not his Dragon Warrior song.

Went back to watch and yeeep. Dude's got a bad habit of dumping on old games he's not into for being old. He does the same with the original Super Mario Land and Ocarina of Time (which is something I can think of several criticisms for, none of which he makes and goodness is it obnoxious listening him to talk about the graphics as if he had a meaningful point to make).

He's an acquired taste.

Edited by JaybirdC

This mashup was much catchier than I was expecting. There are a couple of missteps midway, but it's otherwise great.