Sign in to follow this  
Ring Man

War of Heaven and Hell: Nokturn's Zenith

Kingsley's ears perked. He turns towards where the men were screaming. "There's some commotion going on over there." He says before running in that direction. "I'm gonna follow him. Maybe someone found Selena and she's doing some magic or something." Jay says before dashing in the same direction.

Dai and Anna turned to Nojin, nodded, and took off after Jay and Kingsley, Topaz and Wyn following behind.

Edited by Ring Man

Selena leaned still on the side of the house and sniffed the air smelling the burned hand, "Someone must be cooking something..." Selena mumbled."

As the group raced towards the two who were yelling in fright, the mans hand was still engulfed in the strange purple fire. Nojin ran to the two, pulling out holy water, "This flame is enfused with demonic power. You can't get it out by normal means." He splashed the man with holy water and the flame quickly went out.

"You're the hero who defeated Nokturnus aren't you?!" One of the two men asked.

Nojin Nodded, "Yes i am, please, tell me what happened to you. How did you get covered in such fire?"

He explained what happened between them and Selena and pointed them in her direction and quickly left for the church to get more holy water for the burns.

Nojin sighed and turned towards the group, "I am going to guess that your friend was the one who did this. I can understand not wanting to tell a 'hero' like myself that your companion can used demonic magic, but after we figure out what is happening and why, i wish for a full explenattion." Nojin turned away and started to walk in the direction they pointed.

Jay dashes forwards and slows to a walk when he reaches Nojin. "Actually, Selena's not the one I was talking about. I don't exactally know her background, but if I remember right, she is set up to become a Demon Lord..."

When the group arrived at Selena, her arm was emitting a purplish smoke where the man touched her earlier. Nojin quickly grabbed more holy water from his pocket and tossed it on her arm.

"What the hell are you doing!" Selena yelled pulling her arm back and sitting up with her eyes still closed. She held out her arm towards the group and yelled, "I don't know what you tossed on me, but i will make sure you will regret doing so!"

"Selena! Snap out of it. You got to wake up!" Jay said. He turns to Dai. " I don't know if it will work, but I will try to perform a Benidiction on Selena."

"Would that work? I don't think this is a curse we're working with here."

Wyn flitted forward, attempting a heal spell on the arm they had splashed with holy water.

"I'm not sure if it'll work, but it's worth a shot right?" Jay says.

"I am NOT cursed!" Selena yelled getting to her feet and opening her eyes after being hit with the heal spell, "I had a headache and wanted to sit down for a moment. I cast a heal spell on myself, but for some reason it didn't work so i wanted to rest my eyes. I must have fell asleep when one of you threw water on me." Selena looked angerly at the group for a moment before regaining her composure, "Wait, i felt magic being cast on me, what was it? When i cast heal on myself to get rid of my headache it didn't work, when it should have...what did you do?"

"I'm not sure what it was. Wyn was the one to cast the healing magic, but I doubt it was any stronger than yours. Perhaps you couldn't heal whatever was ailing you with your own magic?"

"No matter how it happened, it's done with now. You may not know, but you caused a bit of a commotion." Jay said

Selena closed her eyes and sighed, "Healing magic should be able to effect the entire body. It should have gotten rid of my headache, but what ever. What kind of trouble did i cause while i was asleep?"

"You attacked an innocent person while you were asleep." Nojin said crossing his arms.

"Oh." Selena said with a shrug, "Because of how i grew up, when people get too close to me while i'm asleep, I will usually cast a wind spell to knock them away. Afterall, I have an affinity to wind."

"It was purple fire." Nojin said shaking his head, "Not wind. Demonic fire in fact. Your friend told me you are to become a demon lord."

Selenas eyes widened when she heard Nojin say that. She turned to the others, "Why did you tell someone like him that!"

"He is the hero who slayed Nokturnus, and a paladin at that. You're not a demon lord yet. Perhaps he can help us avert your fate."

"You don't understand it do you." Selena said turning her back to the group, "You have no idea how many people have tried to kill me because of who i am, how many people have attacked me out of the blue because of who i am to become. Heroes who have decided to prevent a possible destruction before I turn. This is not something that can be averted. I WILL become a demon lord in time." She turned back to to the group with a scowl, "I AM a demon lord. and how DARE you tell someone like him my dark secret when we just met him?!""

Edited by Kalmana

"Light and dark are opposites, but not inherently good and evil. Who's to say that just because you may become a demon lord, that it must make you an enemy of mankind?"

Dai hoped Nojin would have something to say.

"Selena. Dai's right. First wouldn't be the time a demon had helped humans. Several years ago, when I was first becoming a monster tamer, I lived on the island kingdom of GreatLog. This island was kept afloat and safe by a spirit called Warabou. This small spirit was, infarct, a demon. One who protected dozens of humans." Jay said, trying to coax Selena into calming down.

Nojin sighed feeling the tension in the air, "It matters little if you turn into what we consider a demon lord. It means that you will inherit great power, what really matters is what you decide to do with the power you gain. You can use it to benefit others, or you can use it to benefit yourself. Of course, with the latter you will make a lot of enemies, but with the former, you can be a benefit to our kind. You may even find yourself with a place on the legendary cloudsgate citidel and help defend our world from harm."

Selena looked away from the group as if in thought and clenched her fists. "Thats right." Selena said looking back towards the group with a half smile, the tone of her voice and the look in her eye different then it was a few seconds before, "I have great power and can do good with it. Selena looked up at the sky and noticed it was starting to get dark, "There's someplace near here that could help us on our journey. But first, we must rest as it will be dangerous to go at night." Without saying another word, she started towards the wagon. Looks like I might have found a break.

Nojin sighed feeling the tension in the air, "It matters little if you turn into what we consider a demon lord. It means that you will inherit great power, what really matters is what you decide to do with the power you gain. You can use it to benefit others, or you can use it to benefit yourself. Of course, with the latter you will make a lot of enemies, but with the former, you can be a benefit to our kind. You may even find yourself with a place on the legendary cloudsgate citidel and help defend our world from harm."

Selena looked away from the group as if in thought and clenched her fists. "Thats right." Selena said looking back towards the group with a half smile, the tone of her voice and the look in her eye different then it was a few seconds before, "I have great power and can do good with it. Selena looked up at the sky and noticed it was starting to get dark, "There's someplace near here that could help us on our journey. But first, we must rest as it will be dangerous to go at night." Without saying another word, she started towards the wagon. Looks like I might have found a break.

"Selena. I was thinking I'd return to my home, to further my Spearmanship, and the rest of the group wanted to come, so I think we should ALL stick together." Jay said.

"Do you really want us to travel to Isle of Smiles in the dark?" Selena said over her shoulder as she kept walking, "While you are welcomed there and call it your home, i'm sure your friends there wont like random people dropping in."

"I said the same thing. But Nojin insisted on us all going. Honestly, I would also want to wait until morning. I just wanted to give you a fair warning now." Jay replied.

Selena didn't respond, she just kept walking.

"The isle of smiles?" Nojin said with a heavy sigh, "A demon lord and someone who lives at that cursed place." Shaking his head he followed after Selena.

"...Yes, I don't deny it. I do reside within the Isle O' Smiles." Jay says. "If you wish. I will tell you my story before we go."

Dai ran after them.

"Look, we'll camp outside town for tonight, and we can go with Jay at dawn. No need to travel in the dark, when our intention is to keep our heads down for now."

Jay follows Dai and the group. "That's fine by me." he says