Sign in to follow this  
Ring Man

War of Heaven and Hell: Nokturn's Zenith

"I had wished to have Nokturnus fall by our hands...but I suppose you beat us to the punch, sir. I would like to congratulate you. But I must ask, if I'm not intruding, wherebwill you go now" Jay asked.

(I know confusing isn't it?)

Nojin nodded, "I don't wish for this to become public knowledge, but we need to find those who worship the demonic god within three years and figure out how to deal with them. For all we know, could also be victoms in this, Kazumas plot. Either way, my blade gave him a deep wound. And with my blade, he wont be able to heal it with magic, only time, so he shouldn't be active for a good while."

Looking up to towards the ceiling Nojin sighed, "It's only been but a day since the battle, I'm still weak and tired mentally and physically. I need to rest and pray for the souls of my comrades."

"I see. May The Goddess protect you on your journies." Jay said, he turns to Dai. "With Nokturnus defeated, peace will likely return to our world soon. Dai, with this knowledge, where will we go next?" he asks.

"I think it best if we head out in search of the remnants of his army, and see if we can track down Kazuma. Nojin, it would be an honor, if you so choose when you are ready, to join us in stamping out the last remnants of the demon threat."

Nojin didn't hesitate to respond, "It is my duty to go where I am needed in order to protect those from harm. If you wish for me to go with you, I shall accompany you. But first, I wish to know what kind of classes and abilities you have. I need to know what kind of people i'm to be working with."

"Well, Topaz and Wyn, this Gold Golem and Chimera, have mastered their inherent abilities, and are training in the Bombcrag and Evil Turtle classes, respectively."

Anna stepped forward.

"I'm training as a dancer, and Dai was recently initiated into the Hero vocation."

"My name is Jay. I'm training to be a Sage. This Fencing Fox is my friend Kingsley. He has master Paladin and is practicing to master the Armamentalist. And this fiery, red bird is Phoenix. She has her own class, called Hawkhart. It covers strong healing and fire attacks." Jay explains.

Nojin turned towards the last of Dai's group waiting for her introduction.

Selena turned her head to look away from Nojin and simplily said, "I'm Selena."

"Not the talkative type are you." Nojin said with a slight laugh, "I'm sure in time you will open up to me."

"Dai. If you don't mind, there's something I need to take care of back at my home. My teacher, he taught me how to wield my spear. He also told me that if I got good enough, he'd give me test and if I passed he'd grant me the ability Lightning Storm. I feel my abilities have reached this point. And having Lightning Storm may prove useful in erasing any remnants of Nokturnus' army. So....I was wondering if you allow me to leave for that moment. If you do Kingsley will travel with you, and I'll send a message when I'm ready to return, like for when we went to Dharma. Is this okay with you?" Jay said, growing rather sheepish while asking for permission.

"How will you reach us? Last time, you knew we'd rendezvous at Dharma. There's no telling where we'll be by the time your errand is finished."

"A close friend of mine travels around the world, and is... a sort of mailman you could say. When I finish, I'll send a message to you, with a Chimera Wing, and Kingsley can pick me up."

Nojin shrugged, "We will join you. we should stay in a single group. I'm sorry, but with the remnants of Nokturnus' army pratically scrambling to find anything it can do to regain power and find a new leader, and with the threat of a dark god reviving using followers to give him life, I cannot take the chance of anyone figuring out what the next move is. No offense to you, but if you leave the party to travel to some unknown part, I cannot accept you back in fear of someone tailing you or forcing you to stay with us and gather information."

"Uhm....it'll be a little strange to have all my friends come to my home, just for me to take a test. But if that is your true wish, I will not argue."

Selena quietly started to make her way back to the wagon disinterested in the conversations, before she left the castle she turned to look at one of the mirrors. She looked tired, "Maybe it's because i've been a bit more active since i have been in a while. I've been traveling so much i'm starting to tan." She said looking at her slightly darkened skin, "My husband always said that i should get more sun. Maybe he will like the tan when i return." Pausing for a moment she shook her head, before turning away from the mirror and leaving.

Nojin shook his head,"I'm sure your teacher would be happy to know you have allies who were willing to fight beside you against Nokturnous." Watching Selena leave Nojin walked closer to the group, "Is that girl cursed? I can't shake a uneasy feeling around her."

Jay sighs. "I suppose there's nothing I can say that will change your mind. Just know this; the reason I was trying to prevent you from coming is because....my teacher is not the type you'll agree with. Nojin. So please don't start any quarrels. We're travelling by Chimera Wing. When you're all ready, I'll set us off." Jay says.

Dai responded to Nojin's query.

"She's had a very hard past. She was a powerful mage, but her entire home village, even her parents turned on her. She's been on a journey of self-discovery, and she's searching for her husband."

Anna noticed she'd left when Jay mentioned their transportation.

"We should go get Selena first."

Nojin let out a slight laugh, "I pride myself on being able to befriend, or at least have a civil relationship with anyone i meet. Your teacher will be no differemt, so there wont be any fighting between us."

Nodding to Dais answer he said, "Hmm, the path of self discovery is a tough one. In order to be a paladin where i lived, I had to make sure I knew exactly who i was. If i was to solve others conflicts, i had to have no conflicts within my own heart. Now then," Nojin said grabbing his sword and slinging it over his shoulder, "Lets find her and head to see your teacher."

"I wonder where she wandered off to. Where do we even start looking?" Jay says.

As Selena wondered around the city, lost, her vision started to blur a bit. "Maybe i'm a bit more tired then i expected..." She said leaning against the side of a house, "Maybe if i cast heal, my headache will at least go away." After casting the spell, Selenas headache stayed. Selena slowly lowered herself to the ground and closed her eyes, "Maybe if i rest my eyes a bit, it will go away..."

Dai walked outside, accompanied by the others.

"The wagon's still here, so she couldn't have gotten far. Let's go search the town."

"We should split up. I'll try to find a market and ask if anyone has seen her." Jay says.

(selena really isn't going to do anything or go anywhere, shes fast asleep)

"What kind of things does your friend like?" Nojin asked looking around, "Perhaps if we knew that, we might at least know the area where she is."

"She's kinda solitary. She'd probably be in a place where she could be all alone."

"She's probably out in a more remote part of town. Maybe at the tavern or the outskirts. She shouldn't be too hard to find."

Two wondering villagers saw Selena sleeping against a house. "Hey, are you alright?" One of them asked. When Selena didn't answer, the other walked closer to her and said,"We should probably take her to the Inn. She might have just celebrated a bit too hard. Can't blame her with Nokturnus' death and all."

The other nodded and walked with to Selena.

"Stay away from me." Selena mumbled under her breath.

"Did she say something?" One of the villagers asked.

"I think she's just talking in her sleep." the other responded.

As soon as one of them placed their hands on Selena, his hand was covered in a purple tinted fire. The two fled screaming trying to put out the fire, but to no avail.