Sign in to follow this  
Ring Man

War of Heaven and Hell: Nokturn's Zenith

Selena moved Annas hair away from the back of her head and looked it over. "I'm not really seeing anything, but i feel as if there is something I'm missing." Selena put a finger on Annas back and slowly moved her finger down her spine. "Is there anything you're not telling us?" With a gust of wind, Selena forces Jay out of the wagon and gets close to Annas face, "Is there something that you CANT tell people. . .but can you tell a demon lord? And remember, Silence can say a lot also."

(Anna shouldn't say anything about the mark. Even though Selena is a demon lord, her current persona is not)

Jay glares at Selena. "Well excuse me" he says quietly. He then motionss for Kingsley to investigation the excited slimes.

"I- I can't explain it. I think something happened to me, but I can't remember what. All I remember is that ever since I escaped the Demon castle, I've been feeling these pains on my body, but there's no wound."

Anna felt like the truth was on the tip of her tongue, but couldn't muster the words to explain it.

Selena closed her eyes and started to think. Lets see. If I had my own castle and had evil powers what would i do to a captive? I wouldn't let them escape in the first place, so what she felt would have killed her if that was the case. Would it be to keep a secret? If she learned something about the castle, a weak point, a place to strike, i guess they would have done something to silence her. . . but why even keep her alive in that case? Maybe they wanted her to leave?

Selena quickly opened her eyes and turned away from Anna, "There is something I might want to tell you. It reminds me of something that happened to me as a kid. But i hate repeating stories about my past. . ." She turned back towards Anna and said, "Tell me everything you learned about me."

(So, what is up with those slimes anyways?)

Edited by Kalmana

(I'm sorry, I was a little busy.)

Jay and Kingsley approached the slimes. While Jay couldn't understand their dialect, Kingsley did and acted as a translator. Upon gathering enough information, Jay returned to the wagon. "Guys, we got good news and bad news. Nokturnus, our enemy, has been defeated." Jay pauses. "But the reason the slimes were so excited is because of who did it. The Demon Lord Orgodemir has awoken. He has killed Nokturnus and taken his place."

"Something's not right Jay. Those slimes seem far too excitable. I wouldn't be surprised if they came up with that just to mess with passerby. Orgodemir was sealed away, according to the ancient tomes I read when... I was with my parents. Perhaps the demon army seeks to use his power. Regardless, it doesn't change our mission. We'll find out more as we journey."

Dai felt an uneasiness. He still had no idea where his parents had ended up after Weaver's Peak was attacked, and now this business with Kazuma turning on them, and a demon he thought sealed away, if it even existed to begin with.

Jay climbs into the wagon besides Dai and crosses his arms. "I agree. The story did seem a little...off." Kingsley says.

(Selena isn't going to talk until Anna responds to her)

Kazuma arrived back to the throne room with the coffin where Orgodemir was pacing back and forth in front of monsters who were on their knees with their heads bowed to him. Kazuma could feel that the monsters felt stronger.

"Good. You returned just in time." Orgodemir said motioning for the other monsters in the room to leave them, which they quickly did in fear of what he might do to them if they didn't. "Put the body in the casket."

Kazuma did just that.

Orgodemir sat on the throne and rested his head on his hands, "Pathetic monsters. They quickly change loyalties when their master is killed. They practically have already forgotten that fool." Leaning forward in the throne he glanced at the casket, "We are going to be moving slowly for the time being, but we will announce Nokturnous' death and watch what happens. And I have an idea." Orgodemir said with a sinister smile.

"I don't know much about you. I know Reoh and Dai learned your story, but they haven't said much to me. All I know for sure is that you're a powerful spellcaster, but you've been in exile since your home village had premonitions that you would become a demon lord."

Anna tried to recall, the image of Kazuma clicking with her again.

"I just remembered something. That monster we saw back at the Abbey, the one who Dai thought was our old companion. I remember him telling me something, saying to seek out others for the 'new god of this world,' or something. I escaped from the castle after that, but everything's hazy because of how fast I had to act. I almost blew myself up getting past the wall."

Selenas eyes slightly widened listening to Anna recall what Kazuma told her. Without saying a word, Sleena moved away from Anna, leaning against one of the sides of the wagon and pulled out her book starting to read it, occasionally glancing up from her book at Anna.

"Dai. Where are we going from here?" Jay asked. "I mean, we don't really know where the Demon Army is going to strike."

"Well, like I said, we'd best take refuge in Coburg until we get the hang of our vocations. We should be there in about 3 days at this rate of travel."

"I could use some dance practice. This wagon's too bumpy to practice those techniques."

(Works for me.)

(Me too)

(Hope you dont mind me setting the scene)

During the travels Selena seemed a little bit more timid, especially around Anna, to the point where she wouldn't practice or teach the others magic in ther pressence and would not explain why.

However, as the party reached Coburg, there seemed to be a huge celebration going on. As they got closer they heard what they were cheering for; A paladin in shining white armor has slayed Nokturnus, and the paladin is currently staying in Coburg castle.

(If you're going to meet him, he is dressed in full white armor from head to toe, even a helmet that covers his face

Edited by Kalmana

"Dai, They said a man in white armour has defeated Nokturnus. I've read about Orgodemir, white isn't his colour, but if the slimes are right and he DID defeat Nokturnus, this country is in major trouble." Jay says.

"I don't think this guy defeated Nokturnus. Not single-handedly anyway. Let's see if they'll permit us to meet him at the castle."

Dai approached the guard by the drawbridge, requesting a meeting with the great hero who had slain Nokturnus.

one of the guards nodded, "Normally we wouldn't allow others to enter the castle, but the paladin Nojin wants anyone who has questions for him to ask. Most of the castle is still off limits to the public, so please, right this way."

The guard gestured for another guard to lead them to an alter where a tall man with white armor nelt down in front of a cross in prayer with a long blade resting beside him within reach.

"My lord, please allow my companions to rest in peace by your side for eternety. They have helped bring peace to this world and desrive only happyness for the rest of their existance." The man said lowering his head in sorrow.

(This is not Kazuma in any way shape or form)

"Excuse me, Mr. Nojin? I don't want to intrude on anything.... but my friends and I have somethings we would like to talk to you about.

Nojin stayed silent for a few more moments before standing and turning towards the group. He was taller then everyone in the group, so he slouched to get to eye level with everyone else.

"Of course, what is it that you want to know?"

"Well...How did you do it. Nokturnus is one of the most powerful demons in existence, and you defeated him. What kind of people were with you? I mean what classes?" Jay asked.

"We're sorry to intrude on your prayer. We were also on a quest to defeat Nokturnus. In fact, that's what brought us here. My name is Dai, and this is Anna, Princess of Somnia."

He gave a respectful bow.

"I must ask, where did you find Nokturnus? Last I had heard, it was in the demon's realm of Nadira. How did you manage to reach it?"

Nojin shook his head to Dai's question, "It is to be expected to get little time to be quiet when you become. . .famous over night." Nojin fell silent lowering his head, "I was but one of five warriors who went to attack Nokturnus' castle in Nardia. Toshi a Gladiator, Gray a Ranger, Jesebelle an Armaentalist, Danzo a Sage, and myself as a Paladin. We have been traveling together for a while taking care of monster attacks in other villages and towns. My team used to tease me a bit as I only use the sheath of my sword to fight. My sword was blessed by the gods to be one of the strongest blades created with an astounding strength, but the blade could not cut those it did not judge to be evil, and most enemies we crossed were monsters who were only obeying Nokturnus and fearing that they would be killed if they didn't. So i couldn't cut them.

We tried and tried to find our way to Nardia in order to put an end to Nokturnus once and for all, but to no avail, until a demon crossed our paths. He was strong, we fought him for a while with no one having an advantage. Eventually he stopped and opened a portal to Nardia for us, telling us to enter and to kill Nokturnus so his god could revive.

Unfortunatly we agreed that this was our one chance to get to Nokturnus and fight him, we would have to deal with the other demons god another time. It took most of our strength to even reach where Nokturnus was, we were all worn out and we were out of magic potions and herbs, but we decided to continue on. Just entering the room and seeing Nokturnus gave us a sense of dread, he sat calmly on his throne as if he knew he was going to win the fight before it even started, and he backed up his strength. Before long Gray and Jesebelle fell to his strength but even then we continued. As the battle continued, Toshi gave me that look. The look of self sacrifice in order to stop others from being killed and charged at Nokturnus." Nojin stopped talking for a few moments as if the words he was going to say were painful, "Nokturnus gutted him in the stomach with his weapon, but held him still. Long enough for me to draw my blade and decapitate him. Danzo did his best to heal Toshi, but it wasn't enough. We only prepaired one coffin to hold Nokturnus, and since we were not fabled heros or ones blessed by the gods, we wouldn't be able to revive our fallen allys no matter how much we tried. As we were about to leave, the demon appeared before us again, stabbing the weakened Danzo in the throat. He told me that he used us in order to remove Nokturnus from power in order to revive his god faster, and that there were people in this world with markings on them that are feeding his revival. Upon hearing the news I slashed at the demon, luckally the blade connected, but the demon jumped backwards enough to avoid a fatal blow and retreated. I was going to bring Danzo back with me as i managed to stop the bleeding, but he motioned for me to leave him, and in his blood, he said that he could seal the god, for another 3 years with his life. And died soon after.

After saying a quick prayer, i left Nardia and ended up here showing the king the body and after some rest, i will finish what my group started in order to stop the demon gods revival."

With a bit of sucpision, Selena approached Nojin and placed her hand on his shoulder and cast a strong recollect, and saw everything. His childhood, the day he turned into a paladin, meeting up with the others, the demon letting his party into Nardia, the fight with Nokturns, everything he said was true. Selena stumbled backwards, "Its the truth! His group killed Nokturnus! And the demon who let him into Nardia, it was Kazuma!"

(I'm confused about something. I thought Orogdemir himself was the one who killed Nokturnus, as you showed earlier, as a show of strength?)

Dai nodded. A Paladin could not fabricate a story such as that. He was truthful. But if what he said was true, they may have a demon just as fearful as Nokturnus to face soon.

"I see. I only hope your comrades may rest in peace. In the wake of things, I think it'd be best if we continue our travels. Nokturnus may be slain, but some of his demon commanders may yet survive. We shall hunt them down."