Sign in to follow this  
Ring Man

War of Heaven and Hell: Nokturn's Zenith

(To be fair, the text implies more that Jay saw him leave, but the dialogue wording could be taken as just knowing they revived another demon, not necessarily Orgodemir or through Kazuma. Also, Kalmana, by your wording is "he" meant to be Rhapthorne, Kazuma? I'm not sure who it's referring to.)

(To be fair, the text implies more that Jay saw him leave, but the dialogue wording could be taken as just knowing they revived another demon, not necessarily Orgodemir or through Kazuma. Also, Kalmana, by your wording is "he" meant to be Rhapthorne, Kazuma? I'm not sure who it's referring to.)

(Oh, i know. It's just that it's been a while since we last did RP stuffs so just wanted to post a little bit of a reminder. And I was referring to Kazuma as the other he. Afterall, this is the second time she saw Kazuma appear, and both times a demon lord was killed, or at least weakened to the point of being able to be killed)

(Alright, thanks for clarifying.)

"I wish I could say yes. He's clearly not on the side of Nokturnus' forces, but I doubt he wants what's in our best interests either. We'll probably end up having to fight him somewhere down the road."

Anna stepped forward.

"He's right. I met a man living in a cabin in the woods near Somnia. He told me that-"

Before she could complete her sentence, the mark began burning her skin. She was in too much pain to stand, much less speak, crumpling to the ground, the mark camouflaging and hiding itself lest it be spotted.

Selena nelt down next to Anna and sighed, "We need to get out of here, I'm not sure if the blood of the dead demon lord will emit toxic fumes." She looked over Anna before she pressed her hand against Anna and cast a paralyze spell on her, "This will at least numb the pain shes apparently feeling. The wounds she has aren't really bad. . .But it would be best if we left." Looking back at Dai she said, "Do we have a destination?

"I think for now, it best we work to master our class changes. My own Hero conversion isn't quite complete, so it'll be a while before I can work to unlock it's potential. Perhaps we can find shelter in Coburg."

"Coburg?" Jay said inquisitively. "I've never heard of that place. What is it?"

"It's an old kingdom in the Northeast. They say that one of their princes once accompanied a hero to save the world. I believe his name was Harry. If nothing else, I think we might be able to inquire about the demons and seek refuge while we try to hone our class skills."

"Well, now that Reoh's gone, we can't use Zoom anymore, right? I'd rather walk anyway, though. If its not far, we could use the time to train. You and Kingsley got class skills and I got to practice with my claws." Jay says.

Selena sighed, "Save time for training in spellcraft." She got back on her feet and walked away from Anna, "Being able to attack physically is great, but spells could make the difference." Selena held her hand up towards Anna, creating a whirlwind under her, lifting her off of the ground guiding her body into the wagon. "You can also do fun things like that." She said with a smirk.

"I'll take your word. I'll also use this time to practice my curses. If I can place a strong curse, my Benedictions can break any weaker ones." Jay replied.

"I'll create summon something when you're going to do that. I can't summon strong creatures, but it'll do for practicing curses." Selena said sitting on the back of the wagon looking over Anna, "In the mean time, i'm going to see what i can do about her."

"All right then, let's get going. Since Jay's going to be practicing his curses, I'll take watch and guard duty in case of small monsters."

Clambering into the front of the wagon, Dai started the horses towards the harbor so they could catch a ship.

Underworld-

Zoma was frantically trying to seal the cracks in the gem, but to no avail. More and more appeared as he continued to seal them.

"Step aside." Kazuma said approaching the gem quickly kneeling down, "Our true god is about to be reborn."

"You welp, How dare you-" Zoma turned his attention away from the gem for a moment, but that was all that it took. the gem shattered and broke apart, revealing a grinning Orgodemir in his humanoid form..

"Zoma, you have blindly followed that fool Nokturnus, unaware that he is nothing compaired to me." Orgodemir started to laugh.

Zoma took a step forward in protest, but before he could speak, he was thrown against the far wall.

"Rise my blade." Orgodemir said looking down on the bowing Kazuma, "You shall witness the power of your god." Before Kazuma could speak, Orgodemir started to walk towards the throne room.

--

Selena looked over Anna and shook her head after summoning a monster for Jay to practice on. She sighed, "I can feel that there is something wrong, but i cannot find what. I'm sure the other me would be able to solve this no problem...." She paused for a moment before approaching the front of the wagon, she moved and sat down next to Dai. "I have a question, If you plan on defeating all of the demon lords, what do you plan to do with the other me, the demon lord who exists inside of me. One day, I will not exist, and only the demon lord will remain. . ." She paused and looked right at Dai, "Since you are to become a hero, this is something you will have to deal with. If the Selena who is sitting next to you disappears, what will you do?"

"I'm not exactly a hero yet. If there was any way I could, I'd save the real you, but I have to be completely blunt. IF you lose yourself to your demon persona, I will do everything in my power to stop you, even if it costs me my life, or yours. But I swear on my life, I will find a way. I don't know you that well, but I can't let a companion of mine resign themself to that fate."

Selena closed her eyes and chuckled, "The real me is the other me, the one you met in the temple. I am the fake." She looked up at the sky and sighed, "Who can say what will happen when I disappear, maybe the joy I felt being alive in this world will rub off on the other me." She paused and looked back at Dai, "You know, it might also be good to allow me to turn into a full demon lord. I've have yet to come across a book as to how they turn. If we can get someone to study the transformation, you could always figure out a way to prevent it in the first place." She chuckled, "Of course, it probably would turn sour and I'll end up going mad, but it could still prevent more demon lords from being born."

Jay made a enchanted motion with his hands and conjured a purple sphere that loomed towards the monster Selena had created and enveloped it in a purple aura. It started moving slower and slower until it eventually stopped moving completely. Without looking towards the party, "If there is anyway, I will remove that affliction. I feel that if I can reach the Goddess, by mastering these holy arts, She and I can purify you, and remove the demon that resides within you." Jay said.

Edited by Jay the Hawkhart Ace

"Purifying? There is nothing wrong with me." Selena said a bit agitated, "I have no problems being born with this destiny." She started to move back into the wagon, "It is others who have issues with who I am. Because of my destiny, can i not still teach spellcraft? Can I not find happiness? To me, a demon lord is someone who has moved beyond human and monster kind and inherited great power. It's up to the person to decide what to do with the power."

--

Kazuma follwed several steps behind Orgodemir as he walked directly towards the throne room. It was as if he had walked this path thousands of times before, he knew exactly where he was going, and his demeanor showed that he knew exactly what he was going to be doing.

As Orgodemir approached the throne room, the doors were ripped from the sockets and tossed aside as if they were nothing. "Nokturnus, we need to talk." Orgodemir said in a calm, but threatening tone towards Nokturnus who seemed a bit shocked at Orgodemirs arrival.

"How dare you enter my throne room without permission, I will kill you like i should have a long time ago!" Nokturnus shouted charging at Orgodemir. Kazuma started to move in front of Orgodemir to defend him, but Orgodemir put his arm out stopping Kazumas advancement allowing Nokturnus to hit him square in the face. But strangly, nothing happened. As Nokturnus' fist pressed against Orgodemir's face, Orgodemir didn't flinch or react in any way, except for changing his expression from calm, to irritated.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to insult you. When I say purify, I mean the removal of malevolent forces. With the proper training and circumstances, I can remove what drives you to...kill?" Jay says the last word with a slight bit of nervousness in his voice.

"I think Selena's right though. Many entities we call demons were not inherently evil by nature. In fact, Nokturnus himself is not evil, simply in search of greater power and a worthy opponent. Nonetheless Selena, we won't allow your existence to end as a hated monster."

"Survival." Selena siad from the back of the wagon, "Survival is what made the other me kill in the past. If i did not, I would have died by people trying to get rid of big bad me. If you want to 'purify' that, just keep people like that away from me and allow me to live the remainder of my life in peace with my husband."

---

Monsters of all rankings gathered around the throne room hoping to get a glimpse of the battle between Nokturnus and Orgodemir, even though it was far from being a battle.

"I can't believe our lord is being thrown around so easily." A monster commented as Orgodemir grabbed Nokturnus' fist and tossed him to the side.

"I heard rumors of him being strong, but being this strong is just, unsettling." Another said as Orgodemir jumped up and kicked Nokturnus' head to the ground and pressed his foot against the back of Nokturnus' head. No matter how much he struggled, Nokturnus could not seem to get up.

"What is it that you want!" Nokturnus yelled with a bit of fear.

"You have dishonered the name of the demon lord. Even asleep, i was able to feel how foolish your antics are. You are nothing but a coward, hiding being your title in order to gain respect. But in reality, you are nothing but a child trying to act like an adult." Orgodemir said as he turned towards the crowd of monsters watching, "What do you think I should do to someone who has disrespected not only me, but everyone who decided to follow someone. . .so weak?"

"To be honest...sometimes isolation is the only solution." Jay said with a sigh as he finally climbed into the wagon. Back when Phoenix was in Nokturnus's hands, while I was preparing for her rescue, I completely separated myself from almost the entire human race. If you just wish to spend the rest of your days with your special someone, I'll do everything I can to make it happen." He added, growing rather melancholy towards the end.

(Hope you don't mind me making one little post Kalmana)

Staring at a cauldron, overlooking the scene, the armored figure was seething with an unbelievable and yet somehow tranquil rage.

"That scum. Making a mockery of me before demon kind."

---

"Alright then. For now, we'll stay out of the way of the demon army. While we train, we can search for your husband, and if you wish, you can live the rest of your lives away from the cruelty of judgmental civilization."

Dai peered to the road ahead, noticing a pair of slimes romping in the grass.

Upon looking out of the wagon, Kingsley noticed the slimes. "The slimes seem restless. I wonder what got them so excited." he said.

(Sorry, been really busy with work and real life stuff)

Selena sighed, "Can you two check it out, I still need to check her over. Something just. . .doesn't feel right." Selena waved her hand over Anna dispelling the numbing spell she placed on her. "It'll hurt, but I have to know where it hurts in order to help."

--

Aside from the mumbles of the crowed, Orgodemir made his decision. Digging his nails into Noktunous' neck and tossed him in the air. With a swipe of his hand, he decapitated Nokturnus leaving the room silent. Orgodemir turned towards the crowd of monsters and smiled seeing a mix of terror and confusion on their faces. "This is what happens to those who disappoint me." Orgodemir said gesturing his hadn towards Nokturnus. "This is what happens to those who follow me." Orgodemir said putting his hand on Kazumas shoulder, "He was once human. I have made him strong enough to take down a demon lord . . .By. Him. Self."

The crowd started to talk amongst themselves.

Leaning close to Kazuma Orgodemir said, "Gather a casket and place his body inside. I have a very important mission that only you can do, my strongest warrior. I will explain what you are to do later. For now, I have to prepair."

With a nod Kazuma walked towards the crowd of people, who quickly moved out of his way, while Orgodemir chuckled.

"I can't really explain it. My entire body just started burning. I thought it was the small of my back or something, but there's nothing there."