Sign in to follow this  
Ring Man

War of Heaven and Hell: Nokturn's Zenith

(you know that Kazuma looks close to nothing like his human form right?

The back of Kazumas skin started to bubble as it started to grow a new tail.

"Hang in there Kazuma." Chad said moving close to confort his friend, but the rapidly changing form of Kazuma slowly enveloped Chad into the mix as well.

After what seemed like an eternety to Kazuma the changing stopped and the pain recided. He slowly got to his feet and turned to limp away, "Summon me when you have a job, for now i must rest and get used to his new. . . body of mine." Kazuma said walking away from the smirking demon lords.

(Pretty much what Kazuma turned into was something like this:

orgodemir3.gif

but less melty and with shadowy wings.)

)

"Feral monsters don't bother me because of who i am, unless of they are already influenced by a demon lord." Selena said sitting up in the bed looking carefully around, "So, you willingly live at this place? This place is known for killing and capturing humans, why would a human willingly live here?"

(I understood that part. Maybe I didn't get the tone right. The implication was that Dai feels an energy like Kazuma's, but he's in disbelief that this demon could be the same person)

"Dai, what's going on here? Who is that?"

"I thought it was Kazuma from the energy he's exuding, but something seems off about it. And there's even more power in there, great enough to rival Nokturnus himself. Whatever it is, something is very wrong here."

"Its a bit of a long story. Basically, I have a past with the head here, Jamirus. When I was accused of witchcraft by the Somnian church, I was exiled. No other church would hire me and being a priest was really the only thing I could do. So I eventually ended up coming here. I heard all the stories of this place. How people could live here without worry. I didn't know what really was until I arrived however. Luckily, my...connections with Jamirus had me spared. He gave me a home and in return, I offer my services. Confession, Resurrection, Divination, stuff like that" Jay explains his story, He then draws his spear. "Also, I was given this spear by Jamirus. It is a cursed weapon. However, I have practiced placing them myself. If I can place a curse, I can weild equipment with curses of equal or less strength. This why the curse doesn't effect me, but any normal being, human or other, that touches this spear....will die."

(Dharma Temple)

Rhapthorne floated to the door and squeezed himself through it, breaking the frame in the process. he took the sceptre out of his mouth and looked around for the voice that called out to him. Rhapthorne felt the power from overhead, looked up, and saw the figure.

"Lord Nokturnus must have sent this reinforcement" Rhapthorne thought to himself. something seemed off about the being, as if his skin had melted and held its shape in some mysterious way.

Rhapthorne floated up to the figure. he eyed him with suspicion and asked "Did Lord Nokturnus send you?".......................................

Kazuma ignored Dai calling out to him, at the moment there was more important matters at hand.

He's an ugly one isn't he?

Should we test our new strength against this demon lord?

No. Not every battle needs to be fought wtih swords and claws, I'm assuming control.

As if a sharp pain went through Kazumas head, Orgodemir controlled Kazuma again. Crossing his arms he looked over Rapthorne before finally saying, "You seem to have great strength, why does someone as strong as yourself follow Nokturnous? Someone such as yourself could easily take control of the underworld without having to bow his head to another."

--

"So you just decide to run away and join the other team?" Selena said getting to her feet, looking out the window, "You could have easily became a traveling priest, helping those in need in places that cannot afford temples and large churches. Even when I was told my destiny and was told to die and that I didn't desirve to live, I still went out of my way to prove that what they said was wrong. Afterall, Isn't 'demon' just a title people give to someone who is such a strong fighter that their eneimes cannot believe that they are human?"

Edited by Kalmana

"Its more then that. It wasn't just a matter of me finding a job. I was kicked out for practicing dark magic. But I only did it for Phoenix. Do you remember that crimson bird I had with me? That's Phoenix. She's like a daughter to me. I'd do anything for her. While I was working in Somnia, she'd help me with my services. But one day, Nokturnus kidnaped her. He wanted to use her power to revive Rhapthorne. Jamirus helped in more ways then just giving me shelter and work. It was through him that I was able to reach the Dark Druim. However, I was too weak to save Phoenix. So I made a deal with the devil. If I could find a new catalyst to bring Rhapthorne to life, Phoenix would be returned to me. I was very selfish, and now this nightmare is true. Rhapthorne is back. That is why I am fighting. I want to right my sin. Defeating Rhapthorne is the only way I can get forgiveness from The Goddess."

(Dharma Temple, Outside)

Rhapthorne sensed great power from this one, enough to possibly surpass his own. he must bluff to scare this one off from his duty

"So.......you DO know Lord Nokturnus..........." Rhapthorne seemed disappointed. "This was supposed to be HIS job. To be summoned and destroy this blasted Temple." He looked down at the partially destroyed temple. Partially destroyed, yet stable. He then glared at the being in front of him. "Why must you know? He set me free by default. Freedom is what he gave me! And what of you? You look pathetic! A mutated human!" Rhapthorne pointed at his bubbled skin that still miraculously held its shape.

"So.........if you know these humans, you must be one of them! but theres a conflict of interest, as you mentioned Lord Nokturnus." Rhapthorne turned his back on the being. He then pointed at the Being dead in the face with a black clawed finger and asked, "Whats your true alliegance? Think hard, as either answer will brand you a TRAITOR!" Rhapthorne shouted the last word for all to hear............................................

Kazuma started to laugh, "So you have no will of your own? You will bow down to anyone who sets you free?" Kazumas laughing stopped, "You are no better then a dog, obiedient to the one who gives you orders." Crossing his arms Kazuma looked over Rapthrone again and said, "I was given orders to use and steal as much power as I can. By destroying Dharma, the largest gathering of power on this word, you are disrupting my orders. Destory Dharma, you disrupt my orders from Nokturnous by preventing me doing my job, or you leave this place alone and disobey your own orders, but allow me to do mine." Kazuma shrugged, "Then again, If you truly wish to follow Nokturnous, I'm not sure why you follow that demon who claims to be him."

---

"Selfishness is nothing." Selena said with a sigh, "You made a deal with a devil, risking the lives of millions for the sake of your own." She turned towards Jay giving him a look full of resolve, " 'If I ever become a full demon, I wish for you to kill me before something bad happens.' That is what I told my husband before we got married. He agreed, and said he'd take his own life, since a hero that isn't able to save the life of his wife, doesn't desirve to continue to live. We knew that if I went beserk, with the power my other self wields, it would bring only death. Sometimes, you have to sacrifice your loved ones for the sake of others. . .It's something I picked up growing up."

Jay fails to make eye contact. "I could never let Phoenix die. I'd rip out my own heart before I'd let anyone lay a finger on her. But...Your promise, with your husband. You're so brave." Jay sighs and looks at Selena. "Selena. I don't want you to die. I...we....uh. One day, I will remove those urges. I'll become a Sage. And I'll learn how to make it so you won't become a demon. I promise. I don't want you to suffer...having to lose your loved ones. And...maybe...I can find your husband. I sware on Yggdrasil." The term Yggdrasil reverberates in Jay's mind. Jay remembers how he wanted an Yggdrasil flower. So much has changed since then...

(Dharma Temple, Outside)

The Beings words lashed out at Rhapthorne, like fire licking at paper. Rhapthorne was now face to face with the being, inches away from his face.

"At least DOGS are loyal to their masters and know where they lay down their true allegiance" Rhapthorne said darkly. "If you must know, Lord Nokturnus sent me here to deposit some summoning materials. So explain this to me. Why would he send you here if he planned to destroy this Temple Himself?" Rhapthorne eyed him suspiciously, sighed, then said "If its Lord Nokturnus' will, then His Will must be done. I must report back to Lord Nokturnus."

Rhapthorne turned his back on the Being and held up his fingers, but before he snapped.................................................................

(Underworld)

Nokturnus turned away from the urn and called upon a Juggular.

"Bring me the strongest guards i got. its time for some training." the Juggular nodded, bowed, and sent for Nokturnus' Elite guard.

Nokturnus folded his arms and stood, looking at the door with pupilless eyes. he then walked to the centre of the arena and watched as His Elite guard stood at attention, awaiting orders. His Elite consisted of various undead creatures, such as Wight Kings, Night Knights, and undead Horsemen with red armor, like blood.

Nokturnus looked at his Elite. Purple energy from his hand materialized into his signature sword. he then stood in his intimidation pose.

"BEGIN!" Nokturnus commanded............................................................................................

Kingsley stepped up to Dai. "The enemy are fighting amongst themselves. I'm going to use this chaos to get Phoenix to safty. I'd recommend you quickly wrap up anything your doing and join. I'll wait for you outside, but as soon as things turn bad, I'm bringing Phoenix home." Kingsley motioned for Phoenix and snuck out of the room.

"Alright, get back to Jay, and as soon as the coast is clear, head for Somnia and try to find us. I'll wait for a chance and try to get Anna and the rest of us out of here."

Dai motioned for Anna to try and take cover with Topaz and Wyn as he started looking for a viable way to escape.

Kazuma opened his mouth, but was unable to say anything as Rapthorne spoke. Not out of fear, but of confusion and pity. Kazuma let out a growl, remembering that at this close range, nothing would be able to stop his psyched up claws, especailyl pumped with more energy from Orgodemir. With a quick jab, Kazuma pierced Rapthornes chest, digging deep until he reached his heart and grabbed hold of it. "You dare spit upon the title of 'Demon Lord'. You DARE willingly call yourself a dog and hold the same title I was called!? Demon Lords are supposed to be feared and have control, not BE controlled. You are not a demon lord, you are nothing but an ant trying to speak tough before GOD!" Starting to squeeze his hand slowly, allowing Rapthorne to feel as much pain as he could, Kazuma continued, "When I was sealed by that fool calling himself Nokturnous, I was a bit concerned that I would have to try to figure out a way to avoid fighting the others with the title of 'demon lord'. But now I see I have nothing to worry about it. They are nothing but a joke." With a quick squeeze Kazuma crushed Rapthornes heart.

"Fool, if you stayed away from me, your barrier would have prevented me from attacking you in such a way. It's pathetic that your arrogence and hot headedness allowed for such a careless mistake." Turning towards Dai and the others Orgodemir released Kazuma of his control.

"How did you escape the stone?" Kazuma asked coldly.

----

Selena sighed, "You wont be able to find him. I spent six years looking for my way back to him but to no avail. Fighting against these demon lords watching their battles, figuring out their spells might be the key to finding my way back. They do know things that normal humans can only imagine."

(Dharma Temple)

Rhapthorne's eyes got extremely large, as he felt excruciating pain. he felt his heart pop like bubble wrap. Choking on purple blood, he said, "Heh. Lord Nokturnus will wonder where I've gone..........." Rhapthorne fell to the ground below, dead before he hit the ground. when he hit the ground, his stomach exploded, showering anything within range with purple blood and entrails. The Sceptre glowed with a faint purple light, before disappearing into nothingness.

(Underworld)

Nokturnus was moving swiftly, avoiding being hit by magic from the wight kings and dodging thrusts from the bloody horsemens lances and slashes from the Night Knights, performing stunning acrobatic moves, butterfly kicks, reverse roundhouses to disarm his opponents, and unleashing a yell that was mighty enough to knock his Elite back.

Nokturnus landed in the middle of the arena, his last horsemen falling to the ground off his horse. His Elite proceeded to fix themselves, reattaching limbs and casting healing spells as Nokturnus sensed something to the NorthEast. He narrowed his eyes, scowled, and focused on the activity coming from a location he knows all too well. Feeling the area out, he proceeded to walk to his urn, which materialized into the place where he used to reside. deep underground, beyond twisted dimensions and room of other worlds. he then focused on the outside, where he saw figures and a dead being, which was nothing more than a puddle of mush.........................................

Jay hand a major change of heart. All of a sudden, he and Selena weren't very different after all. "You should never give up. Even when things seem impossible, keep trying, you may be able to find a way. I think I know how to get your husband back to you. Have you ever heard off the Yggdr-" Jay is cut off by Kingsley entering his room, in a bit of a hurried manner. He is out of breath, Phoenix is standing on his shoulder. "What's going on?" Jay asked. "Rhapthorne and that other Demon Lord started fighting amongst themselves. So Kingsley and I escaped. We waited for your friends outside the temple, but there was a large bang. We didn't know what happened, and Kingsley thought it was better to get me to safety rather then investigate." she explained. "I think we may have to go back. At least to see if Dai and the others are okay." Jay said.

Meeting the eyes of the disfigured being above him Dai's face turned stoic, attempting to mask his shock and rage.

"So it is you Kazuma. I think a better question for you would be how and what you turned into. Trust me, it wasn't by our own power that we escaped the stone. So what now? Are you here for us?"

Selena nodded, "In two demon lords are going to be fighting, I want to be there to see what they can do. Afterall, you can always run if things get tough."

--

Kazuma looked over towards alltrades, "Nokturnous had a job for me, to suck the life out of another demon lord he apparently sealed away because he couldn't control." Kazuma turned back towards Dai, "He made the mistake of linking us together, it turned me into this, but gave me great power." Kazuma paused and looked at his claw, "We have little interest in you, as you are now. Apparently your group and the demon lord who im a part of have the same goal."

-Underworld-

"You." A voice called out from within the gem that held Orgodemir. "demon lord" Orgodemir said as if just saying those words left a sour taste on his tongue to Zoma who was mending the cracks on the gem. "You call yourself a demon lord, then why do you follow that fool who calls himself Nokturnous?"

"Perhaps you're right in saying that we share the goal of defeating Nokturnus, but that demon must have destroyed your mind if you think we'd side with one evil against another. Our job as heroes is to save humanity from the plight of the underworld. Whether that means saving it from Nokturnus or your possessor changes nothing."

Anna stepped out with Topaz and Wyn, standing with Dai in support.

"He's right. No matter how weak we may seem, we'll won't surrender humanity to the darkness. You fought alongside us against these monsters Kazuma, but if stopping them means defeating you, I'll do what has to be done."

She began to flare a Blaze spell as she spoke.

Jay grabed his spear. "If we are going to return to Dharma, the longer we wait, the more we have to lose. You girls ready?" Jay said, walking out of the room, signaling for Selena and Phoenix to join. This seemed to annoy Kingsley. "What about me?" he asked. "You seemed exausted whennyou arrived. I'd figure you'd want to rest." Jay replied with a smile. "I'm fine." Kingsley protested. "Besides someone's gotta protect you." Jay knew that Kingsley would join, regardless of any arguments Jay, Phoenix and even Selena could come up with... "We're traveling by Chimera Wing. Whenever Selena is ready, we'll head out." Jay said.

(Underworld)

Nokturnus continued to peer through the urn, noting any signs of activity. he saw the bloody mass that was on the ground.

"So..........Rhapthorne is dead, my plans snuffed out once again." Nokturnus balled his fists. "It seems as if I can't send anyone to do anything right, i MUST do it MYSELF!"

Nokturnus proceeded to walk to the Crystal Room

(Underworld - Crystal Room)

Zoma gradually sealed the cracks that Nokturnus left in the crystal. The crystal glowed and hummed vibrantly, turning various shades of Blood-Red, Electric Blue, and Poisonous Green. Zoma continued to work as the crystal spoke to him, goading him. Zoma ignored the crystals calling.

Nokturnus entered the room.

"Status report?" nokturnus demanded

Zoma was startled, but turned to Nokturnus and said, "The cracks are dissipating. a voice was calling out from the crystal, persuading me, although it didnt sound like our new recruit."

Nokturnus gazed upon the crystal, studied it, then turned his back on it.

"i think its time to bring him home. Summon him here with the crystal. before you do, we need to make sure that the place i see doesnt exist anymore." Nokturnus smiled darkly, as Zoma bowed. Nokturnus left the room as Zoma proceeded to caress the crystal.......................

(Underworld - Summoning Room)

Nokturnus arrived in the room, should previous summons fail. On one side of the room were barrels of snake venom, the other side has shelves full of dried frogs, ranging from every breed of frog you could think of. In the middle of the room was the Book of Summoning, with a silver goblet. nokturnus grabbed the goblet, filled it with venom, proceeded to grab one of the more potent frogs and set them on the pedestal next to the book. Nokturnus opened the book, scanned paragraphs with his index finger and tapped the book where he found the paragraph.

Nokturnus closed his eyes, thought-speaking the Words of Summoning, picturing his required destination.................................

(Dharma Temple)

Black Clouds started to form over the temple, as it rained feverently. lightning crackled in the clouds, which proceeded to turn red................................................

(The last part of DJ's post NEVER happened. The sky over Dharma did NOT turn red, start to thunder or any of the like. The spell Fizzled.)

(Isle of smiles)

Selena turns to Jay and nods, "I can feel that something is not right over at Dharma. If the others are still there, we need to get going and help them."

(Dharma)

Kazuma grinned, "You will stand against God?" He shook his head and gave the group a look of pity, "I have sided with God and look at the power he gave me. Someone like myself, able to slay a demon lord with a single punch. God doesn't care if humans live, as long as they worship him."

Kazuma paused for a moment hearing Zomas summon. "That fool needs to give me a mission and stick with it. . . then again. . ." Kazuma looked down at the group but Anna in particular as he flew backwards, "Learn your place. I am the sword of God. You are but servents."

(Underworld)

As Nokturnous finished the chant and readied himself to be brought to Dharma temple, he noticed something wrong when he looked up at the pedistal. An image of himself has appeared and was looking down upon him.

Clenching his fists, he punched the floor and said, "Why didn't it work!?" Getting to his feet he walked over to his throne and sat down, "It doesn't matter, I showed my power to the underlings, those who oppose me will face fierce opposition. If that fool Kazuma actually does his job, I will even have Orgodemirs power under my command."

(Underworld-Gem room)

As Zoma continued to fruitlessly work on sealing the cracks of the gem, for every crack that he fixed, three more appeared to take it's place. "Why did Nokturnus take people away from this task? His power is growing, I need more people on this."

"It dosn't matter, my revival will soon be at hand."

"Then we shall go." Jay says He tosses the Chimera Wing and brings Selena, Phoenix, Kingsley and himself back to Dharma. "We should check for any trouble. We don't want to run into anything we can handle." Phoenix said

Edited by Jay the Hawkhart Ace

As everyone watched the hideous demon calling itself their former comrade disappear into the sky, Anna moved her hands behind her, subconsciously covering the tingling sensation on her back where the mark had been branded.

"What're we going to do now? The most experienced of our number is gone, and the strongest fighter just joined the other side!"

Jay watched as Kazuma left. "What ever they tried to do, it seems they're done." Jay says. He motions to the others. "We must see if the others are okay." Kingsley added. With that, the group entered the temple and approached Dai and Anna. "Is anyone hurt?" Phoenix asked.

(IIRC Jay and his group doesn't know that Kazuma was that demon lord. Same with Selena)

Selena walked over to Dai and the remainder of the group looking up at where Kazuma disappeared, then over to the remains of Rapthorne and said, "This is the second time I've seen that demon lord, and the second time two demon lords died." Sighing she looked towards Dai and said with a shrug, "You think if he stays here long enough, we'd be able to get him to join us? He already seems to be doing what you're trying to do anyways."