Sign in to follow this  
Ring Man

War of Heaven and Hell: Nokturn's Zenith

(Underworld)

Nokturnus sat in his throne with closed eyes, as if concentrating. he saw a dark void, and visions of a giant head with 2 hands, and yet again the golden tower with mirrors. He opened his eyes and smiled darkly. the time has almost come. he stood up and folded his arms and waited..................

(Overworld)

Rhapthorne could see the Temple of Dharma straight ahead. he carefully cuddled the materials and held his sceptre. He approached the doors, shifted the materials to his sceptre hand, careful not to spill them, and opened the door..................................

Selena eyed Anna as she approached and yanked her hand away from Anna's. Shaking her head a bit with a curse, she sat up, "I can practically smell the curse on you. The next time I'm 'awake' I'll see what i can do about it." Selena slumped over again. But with the mention of 'Kazuma', she quickly got to her feet back to her, kinder self. "Kazuma? He actually help-" Selena's eyes widened as she started to held onto her chest in pain, struggling to take a breath, she fell to her knees, then to her side, feeling the side of her face, she gave a look of shock,

(Yeah, in game terms, she's practically at 1hp)

"Wyn, Jay, she seems a bit weak. Can you see if you and the other healers can help her. In the meantime, Reoh, Abbot, I think it's time we begin our class changes."

"I'll do my best. Kingsley, if you're going to become an Armamentalist, go with Dai." Jay says. Kingsley starts following Dai and Reoh to the alter. Jay motions for Phoenix and Wyn to join him. "Alright, together now. Give it all you got." Jay says as he and the birds each cast Midheal on Selena. "Is that better? Or do you need more?" Phoenix asked, with a gentle tone of voice.

The wounds heal nicely, but Selena is still unconcious. Breathing normally now, but asleep.

Reoh nodded, "We need to get our business done here quickly. I'm sure with the magic Selena released in her. . . condition, it might attract unwanted visitors. Monsters do tend to be attracted to them."

The abbot nodded, "Please, this way." He said walking towards a back room.

(Dharma Temple) (You finally know what the materials are in this section and what the plan is for the materials)

Rhapthorne in his human disguise looked around. everything seemed so...................clean. he retched in disgust. Rhapthorne saw different party members, bustling around, trying out their new classes and weapons. Rhapthorne saw someone take a group of party members to a back room. the party looked familiar. Rhapthorne shrugged and walked to the pedestal and set the 2 materials on the pedestal. he then took a book, ripped a page out from it and, with his own blood, wrote a note: "SPEAK THE WORDS OF SUMMONING" and placed it in front of the materials.

The materials consisted of a green dried frog, with orange spots. the liquid was greenish brown cobra venom. Rhapthorne looked at the neat setup, which has now been defiled with venom, a frog, and Rhapthornes blood. he walked over to the massive stacks of books, proceeded to read one, and watched for any activity regarding the materials. He leaned on a stacks of books as he was reading..................

(Underworld)

Nokturnus straightened his gauntlets, still smiling darkly. "I must leave my mark on the overworld. my past attempts have been foiled" nokturnus thought. He also wondered why his new minion hadn't returned yet........................

(sorry DJ but. . .You're going to do all this after the commotion that Selena caused bringing in a lot of guards to make sure no one will continue to disrupt Dharma, that includes trying to sabotage Dharma)

Seeing Rhapthorne place materials on the alter, then proceede to start to write something in blood, he quickly cast infermore blowing the materials off of the table Gesturing two other guards to follow him, they approached Rhapthorne. "We will not allow anyone to defile the sacred alter of the Alltrades temple. Anything resembling a curse, or a demonic summoning will be delt with, be it a religious tradition or anything else. and the person who tried to cast the spell, will be delt with as well!" The guard said loudly, loud enough for the people who weren't still talking about what just happened turned to face Rhapthorne.

"In the past, we might have allowed such, rituals and spells to be cast, but it may have caused our very downfall back then." The guard said again,

The second guard spoke, "I'm also sure that everyone standing here, be it bandit or knight, would not appreciate you sabatoging their means of getting stronger."

----

What....was that?

Kazuma felt the strong rush of magic, demonic magic emitting from Alltrades that was caused by Selena's hellblasts.

Is that, a demon lord? Feels like they are at Alltrades.

Go now, we do not want to lose Alltrades to a idiotic demon lord.

Taking a couple of quick steps, Kazuma flew towards Alltrades.

Edited by Kalmana

Just as the monsters had finished their own class changes, Dai stepped before the altar, along with Anna, who was the next to receive her class change.

"I wish to train in the way of a dancer. Even with my own personal work to train in magic, I'm not nimble or quick enough to use it."

The Abbot nodded approvingly.

"Very well, child. Oh Goddess, please allow your faithful servant, Anna, to tread a new path in life. Grant her your heavenly guidance as she trains herself in the way of the dancer."

As a soft light enveloped Anna, she suddenly felt herself change. She could feel her own magic and physical strength diminish somewhat, but she felt much lighter on her feet.

"It is done. From now on, Anna shall tread the path of a dancer. May you find success on your new road."

As she stepped down from the altar, Dai stepped before him next.

"And as I discussed with Reoh, I wish to see if I can begin training in the Hero's class."

Just as the ceremony began, however, they heard a commotion in the main hall.

"Jay, Dai, you stay here and finish up, we'll go check it out."

With that, Anna led Topaz and Wyn out to the great hall to investigate the commotion.

(Dharma Temple)

Rhapthorne saw the materials fly off from the altar, the dried frog was burnt to ashes and the venom spilt all over the neat rug. the letter he wrote also was burnt to ashes. Rhapthorne now turned his attention to the guards, smiled, then frowned and shrugged. He proceeded to read the book, not caring about who stood before him.

"Mere parasites, doing everything they can to get 'stronger', but not realizing what true strength is", Rhapthorne thought to himself. "These pathetic life forms...........they are like a disease........i feel...........saturated by it........."

Rhapthorne then proceeded to set the book down, grab his sceptre and stood to attention, a dark smile with jagged teeth, like a shark, protruded from his mouth.....................

(Underworld)

Nokturnus stood with arms folded and tapping his foot impatiently. "What is taking that fool so long?!" Nokturnus thought. "I should have been summoned by now!"

Nokturnus then crouched down (Like someone about to power up), balled his fists, and proceeded to show some of his power. Nokturnus started to yell in anger, a purple and black aura surrounding him, radiating like heat, which proceeded to turn red and black. An earthquake started to occur and, with each passing second, started to quake more violently.......................................................

Some of the guards took a step back getting ready for the invevitable battle. A tall, bulky guard dressed in silver armor stepped between Rhapthorneand it's visitors, who hessitantly got ready for battle, while some made their way towards the exit.

"This guy gives me a bit of the chills. Get the abbot and anyone who isn't ready to fight, out of Dharma." The guard who approached Rhapthorne said to a nearby guard. He quickly saluted and rushed to the back.

Jay looked towards the chaos and sees Rhapthorne, but focuses more on the staff. Jay dashes up to Dai and pulls him aside. "We need to leave, now. I don't know who that man is, but he's under Rhapthorne's control. That's the staff that has Rhapthorne's soul. I could tell it anywhere."

(since we're at stand still and can't do anything with the guards till DJ responds and, well, Selenas sorta unconcious at the moment. . .)

As Kazuma continued to fly towards Dharma the feeling of the demonic energy he felt faded, and was replaced by another.

Noktunous made his move quickly against Alltrades it seems.

It doesn't matter, I have something up my sleeve that might make things. . .easier for myself. And if things are easier for me,

How will that help us?

If you aren't smart enough to figure that out on your own, then you aren't worthy of my explanation.

(Dharma Temple)

Rhapthorne continued to smile darkly

"You Fools!" Rhapthornes skin turned from a pale to dark purple, his horns protruding from his head turned black. his eyes turned red and he grew massive in size. "You should have left the materials alone!" Rhaphorne towered over everyone. he lifted his hand towards his mouth and laughed. he then made to orb float like magic and hit everyone in the temple.

"BLAZEMOST!" Rhapthorne shouted....................................

(Underworld)

Nokturnus calmed himself. He was supposed to be summoned to destroy the temple itself. "no matter" Nokturnus thought. "there will be another day to make my mark on the overworld."

Nokturnus walked to his throne, sat down, and started to meditate..............................................

As soon as Raphthorne started to transform, several of the newer soldiers fled, as well as the majority of the civilians. The bulky guard placed himself between Rapthorne and the rest of the soldiers and civilians who remained casting casting guardian readying himself for the attacks to come, while the remaining priests prepaired to heal the guard when the attacks came.

As the orb crashed down on the guard several times, the priests cast healmore as much as they could, but at the end of the barriage, the guard fell to his knee, with his only saving grace being the blazemost was reflected from a quick casting of bounce on him.

"Continue to heal him until everyone who is not ready to fight escapes. And damnit, get the abbot out of here!" one of the soldiers shouted casting oomph on the soldiers who were ready to fight.

A couple of soldiers saluted running towards the backroom, while two went straight for the unconcious Selena and drew their swords, "Hand over the girl. We overheard what she is, we cannot allow someone like that to run free."

Jay draws his spear. Kingsley stands beside him, with his sword out as well. "If you want her you'll have to go through me. After what we been through, I'm not going to hand anyone over." Jay quickly tosses a Chimera Wing to Selena. "Run." he says very quietly.

Hearing their words, Dai turned to the Abbot briefly.

"I'm sorry, but I have to help my friends, and you need to get out of here!"

The Abbot nodded understanding, but cautioned the young man.

"The class change was not fully completed. It will not be too long, but there will nonetheless be a span of time before your vocational change takes action."

Registering the Abbot's word, Dai, Anna and Reoh ran to the others, pincering the guards between them and Jay.

"Jay, get ready to pull Selena out, Reoh, you and Topaz cover them. Anna, you and Wyn help evacuate and heal the civilians. And you two..."

Turning towards the guards, Dai drew his sword.

"have to deal with me if you want her. It's my duty as her companion and her friend to help her change her fate."

"I understand." Jay says. "Kingsley, Phoenix, stay here and help. I need to get Selena out of here." Jay added. Both monsters nod to Jay's orders. Jay gently grabs Selena's right hand. "Lets go." He motions for Reoh and Topaz to follow.

(You do know that Selena is still unconcious, right? She's not going anywhere unless she's forced awake or carried)

"Are you mad? If you decide to take someone who is to become a demon lord in the future, you will be wanted by every kingdom, every villiage, especially with the war against demon lords going on right now!" The guard shouted over the screams of civilians trying to escape.

Reoh stepped towards the guards, "This man has become a hero, while you still show me respect, i wish you do the same for him. While it is true, she could become someone to be feared in the future, but for now she is just a girl. I strongly believe that if we treat her with respect and kindness, she will be able to keep her humanity. Besides, she has demonstrated great strength, and is still willing to use it on our side."

Reoh turned towards Dai, "I hope you are willing to make the difficult choices that a hero must make. . . as I wont be able to guide you. I must protect the abbot. Even if this temple falls, as long as the abbot lives, we will still be able to unlock our potentials." He reached a hand out towards Dai, "It's been a pleasure traveling with you, Hero, may our paths cross again one day."

---

Yeah, Reoh is gonna be leaving the party until Derpamatic has time to return to the RP

Jay picks up Selena, cradling her in his arms, but his lack of physical strength makes it difficult. "I don't care. I don't care if I'm wanted. You can kill me right here if you want. But I'm going to do what I think is right. I'm going to help my friends stop all this chaos. No matter what." Jay says. "Dai. I'm bringing her to my home, where she'll be safe. Take care, and good luck being a hero. Jay runs out off the temple. Several guards chase after him. As soon as he's outside, Jay throws a chimera wing, almost falling as he does. and carries Selena to the Isle O' Smiles.

"Alright Reoh, good luck, hope to see you again soon."

Leading Anna and the monsters outside in the wagon, Dai called to Jay.

"Meet us back at Somnia, and we can get moving."

Jay barely heard Dai, but enough to understand the mission. Upon arrival, Jay told Jamirus about what happened, at that Selena would rest in Jay's room. "If you can, try to perform any medical treatments that will help her. I need to return to Somnia and meet back with the party. And I want to contacted the moment something happens." He continues. With that Jay bowed, and carried Selena to his room and placed her gently on his bed. He then started to leave and make his way to Somnia. Upon leaving, he heard someone enter his room. 'Probably our nurse.' Jay thought.

(You know that who ever is with Selena is more or less going to be killed/badly injured when she wakes up right? Strange area + confusion + no one around she knows + a bit of anxiety = unprovoked attacks. Not to mention that Isle of Smiles was known for capturing/inslaving/killing humans.

Selena a bit drowzy after waking up- "Where am i?"

Who ever is in the room - "You're at isle of smiles, your friend Jay brought you here."

Selena *pause* *turn towards who ever spoke * *attacks*)

The air around Alltrades grew thick as Rapthrone started to gain more power as he attacked the guards.

Seems like a Demon Lord is having fun in there.

We cannot allow who ever is in there to destory this temple, we can still use it.

Isn't that your ally?

As Kazuma approached Alltrades, he saw Jay run out of the temple, and warp away, Kazuma grinned, If one is here, the others are sure to be here as well.

How should we go about dealing with them?

It might be a bit challenging to deal with them all, especially since they have been freed, but if we can stop one from leaving, we can take care of the rest. My lord?

So be it. I will give you a bit of power your your task, but you will need to give me back two fold before i give you more.

Wiith that Kazuma hovered slightly above Alltrades, and with a deep breath he yelled, "Demon Lord, show yourself!" Kazuma psyched himself up with power that should draw out who ever is in the temple, afterall, he does have a similar feel to the one that Nokturnous sealed away.

Turning to the sky, Dai felt a disturbing power, and witnessed it's source.

"Kazuma?! What're you doing?!"

The face looked familiar, but something seemed darker, colder about him.

Being told of Selena's awakening, Jay was walking back to his room. His claws were still on his gauntlets. When he arrived he looked at Selena. "I can tell you're confused. Allow me to explain. You collapsed in Dharma Temple. Some guards wanted to, sort of arrest you." Jay explained. The way he said arrest hinted that he couldn't think of a better fitting word. "Not long after. The Demon Lord, Rhapthorne, who was disguised as a human revealed himself. In order to keep you alive someone had to get you to someplace safe. So I brought you here. This is my home. The Isle O' Smiles. I don't know if you've heard of this place before, but as you've seen there are many monsters here. Don't worry. Because you're with me, they won't even think of hurting you." He continued

(Underworld)

Nokturnus opened his eyes suddenly and felt something towards the northeast. nokturnus stood up sharply and looked in the urn, trying to focus on the source of energy..........

(Dharma Temple)

Rhapthorne heard the shouts of another being. Rhapthorne brought his left hand up to his mouth and continued to laugh. in a loud, guttural voice, he shouted, "TIME TO END THIS NOW!" he put the sceptre in his mouth, put his hands together with fingers extended and turned his hands sideways, so his palms were facing upward and downward. Purple and black energy developed in between his hands and as he separated his hands, the energy turned sphere-like. he thrust out his palms to send the sphere like energy to the ground, creating a violent explosion (Kazammle).

Rhapthorne looked pleased, then turned his attention to the open door, where he heard a Demon Lord's calling.......................