Sign in to follow this  
Ring Man

War of Heaven and Hell: Nokturn's Zenith

As Selena walked towards the now lowered pilliar of magma she took a deep breath, calming herself down. With each breath, she could smell a mixture of burning wood and flesh. "Before putting out the fire, i should see if the cause is still here. Putting out the fire might draw unwanted attention to myself."

Seeing a clearing in the distance, she took one last deep breath and started to move in hiding behind one of the trees. Peering out from behind it, she saw two figures, one of them holding the other by the head. Selena had to guess the one who was being held was of a lower rank then the other and something went wrong, probably a fued between the two.

Not wanting to get closer to the two, she couldn't hear what they were saying, if anything, as the leader's head was slightly hidden by flickering flames to see clearly. "Is he casting a spell?" Selena said watching as the hand that held the head of the other glowed blue for a moment before returning to normal. "What just happened?" She asked herself as the other demon was released and fell to his knees. Shortly after, the leader started to fly away.

"What should I do?"

---From another perspective---

"Because of your interfearance." Kazuma said with a sadistic grin.

Drain him of his powers. I have given you that power. Shame him.

The smile grew wider on Kazumas face, "I shall drain your abilities, until you are only as strong as a human. You wont be able to warp, you will only have access to the higher level spells, and you will no longer be able to turn anyone to stone."

Kazumas hand started to glow blue, as Ladja started to squirm in his grasp and yell. A cowerdly yell. "Don't worry, this wont last long." Kazuma said. Staying true to his word, the glow dimmed and Ladja was dropped to the ground. "Letting you live a weak life, where any decent fighter can slay you, is punishment for making taking me away in such a way." Crossing his arms, Kazuma ascended to the sky looking down at the pitiful looking Ladja.

There is someone by the trees. Should we deal with them?

No. If that person flees they can share tales of my terror.

You did a good job. As a reward I will let you keep the magic absorbing power. The rest, will be mine until you need it again. Use that power to abosrb more power and send it my way. I will then grant you more power.

Shall we head to All trades then?

Not yet. I don't want to destroy it and make it so others wont go there. I'll need to find a minion to send there and take it over. But for now; since i removed the magic from that fool, will the stone curse come undone from my, allies?

No, his magical essence remains intact. Just within me. It shouldn't effect anyone who was turned to stone by him.

Then we head to weavers peak. I want to see if i can sap the magic from their stoned bodies.

With that, Kazuma took off towards Weavers peak.

Reoh looked at Serena walking off, and motioned for the party to move to the Cart.

Mumbling an arcane spell, he finished with one audible word as the group turned into a giant light and flew off into the distance.

"Zoom."

As they took off for Dharma, Dai spotted a figure in the distance. Too far away, and they were moving too fast, he couldn't make out a face, but it was likely the one responsible for the village that was razed. He only hoped he didn't find Selena. He also wondered when Jay would rejoin them.

"Let's hope those two can get along long enough to join us again."

---

Anna suddenly relaxed as the burning in her back stopped, the glow of the mark dimming.

"Why was I branded with this? I'm no warrior. That why I set out, to strengthen myself. What would they want with me?"

Jay landed shortly after. He looked to the sky and saw the magic of Zoom lifting the party off. "They just left. I must have just missed them." Jay says. Jay tries to follow the direction they went in...

Selena watched as the demon started to seem distrubed by something. It was thrusting its arms out with nothing happening. "Did he just...Steal that monsters magic away?" Selena said to herself. Thinking about what she would do if something like that happened to her self shivers down her spine. Then an idea crossed her mind, "What if I kill that demon? He seems too weak to really do any harm and he is obviously flustered. Then I will be able to prove how much of a master mage I am, and I have a chimera wing to escape if needed." With confidence in her abilities she slowly walked out from behind the tree, casting a bounce spell on herself and carefully approaching Ladja.

---

The man shrugged, "It is possible that it's because you wish to fight against the false god of this world." He rolled up his sleeve and sighed, "He doesn't really speak to us unless he needs to. But right now, he just wants us to fight against him. Build an army and fight and of course, send more power to him to free the true god upon this world."

As the group landed outside the temple, Dai noticed Jay and Selena showed no signs of landing soon.

"Should we wait out here for them? I'm worried the Demon's would attack this shrine, knowing the role it plays in training heroes."

---

"Well, nonetheless, I need to get out of here and find my friends. Where are we anyway?"

Reoh shook his head. "It would take someone as mighty as Nockturnus himself to fight here. The Dharma Temple is a sacred place. Very sacred.

He started walking off. "I have to collect my things I left here, take that token to the Master of the temple and he'll bestow on you your class, it will simply give you the abilities of a basic Hero."

The monks and such looked at Reoh with a slight wonder, as he walked through the place as if he owned it. He walked to a hall with an indention, and pulled out a Symbol of Loto, his own personal one, and placed it into the wall. He walked into a room with a single set of armor, gleaming in the dim torchlight. The door closed behind him...

Kingsley stepped out of the wagon. "Jay wasn't going to meet us here. I was supposed to pick him up. That's why he gave me that Chimera Wing." Kingsley said, taking the item out of his pocket. "I'll be back in a couple of minutes." He adds. He then tosses the Chimera Wing and lifts off into the sky.

Ladja rubbed his temples slowly, the shame that Kazuma brought upon him, stealing him of his spells, his teleporting, everything he was proud of in his abilities. He had to bring the news to Nokturnous. "If I find a way to Lord Nokturnous, he should have a way for me to meet Lord Nimzo. If i find him, he would restore what was stolen. Then, sweet revenge." Ladja turned quickly, and took a step back noticing Selena approach, casually.

"You, what do you want." Ladja said to Selena, as if his words would turn her away, "I have no time to deal with you."

Selena grinned, "I noticed the fire in the woods and came to investigate, the same as you. I want to put out the fires and see what happened to this village."

Ladja narrowed his eyes and took a step back, "You do not fool me child. I can practically smell the magic you possess. . ." Ladja paused for a moment, "If you can warp me to my Lord, I will -"

Before Ladja could finish speaking, Selena cast a Blazemore at Ladja, who quickly brought up a magical barrier before getting hit. "You have made your decision I see. So be it!" Ladja yelled breathing a c-c-cold breath.

"Insulate." Selena said taking a step backwards before spreading out a sizzle in front of her warming up the cold breath nullifying the damage, then countered with a Infermore.

"You're a fool." Ladja yelled charging through the infermore and grabbing Selena by the chest and punching her hard in the face before throwing her into the

remanants of a building, which was still on fire.

Taking a deep breath Selena cast a crack on the burning building cooling down enough to stand on, looking down on at her hands she noticed burns, "Seems Insulate can only be truly effective against magical based fire and Ice attacks." Selena said, "Interesting." Getting to her feet she smiled, "It looks like i might be able to test my magic against you, even with your powers diminished."

Ladja sneared, "Magic isn't the only thing I am good at, as you can probably still feel."

Selena started to laugh, "Just means I need to keep my distance."

---

The man nodded, "Yes, you should find more warriors to aid you. As for your location, you are a bit northeast of a castle called Sonima."

Stepping inside, Dai noticed the way the monks awed at Reoh before he disappeared into another room. Spotting a man, likely the Abbot, Dai addressed him personally.

"Greetings. My name is Dai, and there are some among us, and a few to join us later, who wish to venture upon a vocational path in our bid to battle the demon army. We hope you may be of assistance."

---

"I'm near home! I need to get back there, maybe I can find my friends. Thank you for treating me sir. I'll see to it that you're rewarded well."

Climbing out of bed, Anna gathered her few remaining possessions, and headed back for the town, spotting a light flying back, a Chimera Wing.

"Is that one of them?" Before she had time to be sure, she saw a large fireball shoot up in the distance, evidence of a fight.

(Isle O' Smiles)

"What do you mean they left!?" Kingsley said. He was annoyed that Gryphus had sent Jay back to Somnia. "I thought he'd be able to make it back before you left." Gryphus explained. "Ugh. Then I got to hurry, knowing Jay, he Is trying to get to Dharma on his own." Kingsley runs to the 'shop'. "I need a Chimera wing NOW! I don't have time, I'll pay you back next time I'm here. I promise." Kingsley says. He takes the Chimera wing and runs outside, without stopping, he flings it and flies to Somnia.

Arriving just outside of the city, Anna was just in time to find a familiar face. The Priest they had been traveling with. Jay, was it?

"Hey! Jay, right? Can you tell me where the others are?"

The man who Dai talked to WAS the Abbot. He smiled at the boy and put a hand on his shoulder. "We will be able to assist you in any way, especially since you came with the Hero of Ramia. Please make yourselves comfortable, and meet me in the main hall in an hours time. Learn about the vocations, we offer many." The Abbot bowed his head slightly, and left twoards the main hall.

(( If you want, I like the DQ7 classes, obviously. ;p ))

((We could if the others want to, but if I do, I'll have to go with the foot note versions of them. A lot of classes, and I haven't played DW7 at all))

"Very well, as soon as Reoh completes his errand, we can discuss our class changes. Another of our number and two of his monster companions will join us soon, most likely with a magic user.

Inside the temple itself, Reoh walks out of the room he was in, wearing gleaming silver-ish armor with the Symbol of Loto on his chest. A single two-handed broadsword hangs from his belt, alongside the back of his body. A helmet is carried in his left hand. Walking down the hall, you could feel the magnificence. "Good, you've met the Abbot." he said, putting a hand on Dai's shoulder. "We'll get going soon enough, then. Where are the others? They can even change Monster Classes here if they so choose."

"Well, you already recommended the Hero class for me. Jay and Selena will probably decide when they get here. What would you recommend for Topaz and Wyn. I'm not sure if I want Wyn to focus on general magic, or master healing. Topaz I'd say would do best working on her bulk, but she may also do well with fixed magic, like HealAll, even if she isn't that magically proficient."

"Wait...you're Anna!" Jay said. "Dai and the others went to Dharma Temple. We're going too, just as soon as my friend gets here." Almost as if it were planned, Kingsley drops down. "Jay, There you are! Who is that girl?" Kingsley asked. Jay hands him another Chimera Wing. "Long story, but she's coming with us." Jay says. He then grabs Anna's hand. "This may seem like a lot to take in, but I'll explain everything at the temple." Jay says as Kingsley tosses the Chimera wing, launching Jay and his companions to Dharma.

Topaz and Wyn joined Dai inside as he continued his inquiry.

"How deep do these changes go? Will it affect what equipment I can use as well?"

---

Touching down outside, Anna stood in awe at the massive temple. Something about the mark caused her to tingle, but not painfully, more like in anticipation.

"So, what's everyone here for?"

Reoh was slightly swamped. "Yes, it will slightly affect your equipment usage, but you seem like you can handle a sword just fine. Heroes can use a very broad span of weaponry, ranging from Boomerangs (( Dragovian )) to Whips (( Loto )). You can find a niche and it will fit you. Your armor is a bit different. I for example, am wearing Magic Armor made of silver-steel, with a dragon-silk bodysuit underneath for Insulation. This is what I used prior to my classchange. As for your monster companions, with me here they can take whatever they wish, within reason. For healing I would recommend taking the class of PlatKing, as they can use a high class spell or two while having healing, but with bulkiness, I would recommend taking the class of Esturk, which was made with one of the Kings of Evil in mind. Powerful and high in magic."

"Granted, your monsters will first have to take an intermediate class first, and with that I would recommend HellGiant for the two of them, which as fire-based spells and access to the HealUs spell, which will be augmented by their monster-nature."

"Furthermore, our human-based companions would do well to search the books here, as they have the knowledge in them for all known classes, they should take an intermediate to become more skilled, then advance to a higher class in the coming weeks."

"I think that could work. I think ultimately I'll have Wyn dabble in healslime classes so he can master HealUsAll. Topaz I'm more concerned with conditioning physically. Any magic she gets is best left fixed effect, since I don't imagine her magic becoming particularly strong."

Jay brings Anna inside. "Dai. I meet someone I think you should talk too." He says.

Reoh looked at Anna wairly, his hand on the hilt of his sword. He whispered to Dai before he went to her. "She held an Infernal item, she will not be herself."

"Hey guys. Something happened when we got separated. But anyway, what've you been up to? Hope my dad didn't raise any ruckus when I disappeared."

"Nothing to brag about. We were beaten horribly at Weaver's Peak, and we lost Kazuma in the process. We came here to regroup and train in vocations before we try ourselves against them again. Reoh's hoping to help me attain the Hero vocation. Jay, what about you?"

"I want to become a Sage, but not right now, I want to practice as a priest a little more first. But..." Jay opens the bag Gryphus gave him. "My mentor gave me this and I promised I wouldn't open it until I came here" Jay says taking out a small piece of paper. Jay reads its contents aloud.

"To my star pupil. Ever since you've came to my class, you've dazzled me like a ray of light that shown no sign of dying out. Your spear techniques are beyond what I can teach you and Dharma Temple is where your true goals will take fruition. I've also added a little something for you. Practice with them well and remember. I'll always be proud of you."

Jay brushes a tear from his eye and digs deeper into the bag, pulling out a pair of claws that look identical to a gryphon's. Jay pressed them onto his gauntlets, they fit perfectly.

(not to undermine the tear jerker, but. . . Priests can't equip claws :P

And i love how everyone is having a grand ol time at Dharma while Selena was just punched in the face into a burning pile of dabree :D)

Giving herself a mental checkup, Selena tried to figure out what was injured and how bad. A couple of broken ribs, slight burns across her body, possibly a broken nose and her reserves on magic were getting a bit low. All in all Selena was enjoying herself. It has been a while since she was able to have fun fighting someone with magic and have a chance to lose.

"A one in four shot." Selena said opening and closing her hands.

Ladja smirked, "I think you are being too generous, You dont even have a one in a hundred shot of beating me. But since I am in a good mood, my offer still stands, if you warp me to my lord, I will ignore what took place here, untill we cross each other again that is."

Selena cocked her head to the side, "But i'm having too much fun fighting you, why would I want to warp you away somewhere just so you can get stronger. It's not going to happen."

Moving her arms in a circular motion, she got ready for the next assault, she knew that he was still frusterated with what happened between him and the other demon, if she can push him to a point of rage, he wouldn't be able to focus on the fight, and he would be at her mercy. . .Untill then though. . .

Ladja opened his palms and forming two blazemores in his hand chucking them at Selena before charging in for another attack.

Selena smacked the fire away from herself, jumping backwards from Ladjas punch and kicking at him, but just out of reach. However, a cut still formed from the kick. Pushing herself away from Ladja by casting infermore at the ground, she stood shaking her head in a annoyed fashion, "Is this all you can do? Forget what I said about having fun, this is just getting boring." Selena said starting to yawn.

Ladja narrowed his eyes as he started to approach Selena, he wanted to finish her, she may be a spell caster, but he would be able to find another way to regroup and find his lord.

As Ladja approached, Selena cast a zap spell at the ground, which reflected off of the ground, hitting a tree, which hit a barrel, and continued to bounce off of several different objects. Smiling to herself Selena said under her breath, "I wasn't just cracking my hands when i was opening and closing my hands. You will fall with this attack."

However, when the zap spell was going to hit Ladja's back, he dodged it, and with quick reflexes, Ladja cast a dispersion wave, dispelling the Bounce cast on Selena, letting the Zap spell hit her.

falling to the ground, convulsing from the shock, she was unable to do anything before Ladja approached her, using his burning breath on her paralyzing her in the process.

"That fool Kazuma might have shamed me, but i will not allow a pathetic human female to do the same." Ladja said with a sinister grin.