Sign in to follow this  
Ring Man

War of Heaven and Hell: Nokturn's Zenith

Reoh looked up, standing in shock. "Zoma?! The Demon Lord Zoma?!" His face went pale. "No, no no no..." She must be joking, she must be! "Loto burned that foul thing into the darkness, how could he be alive now?!"

(I have just the idea. I'll make it so you can come back later if you choose. I don't want you to leave, but it's not fair to the others if you can't dedicate more time.)

"Lily, you seem a bit too shaken. Perhaps it'd be best for you to remain here. I don't want you going off into battle half-aware."

Eyeing the cart, Dai took up a new sword to replace the one he lost in their battle.

"Thanks Reoh. We're going to need these."

(Underworld)

Nokturnus was focused on the urn. People were moving, and yet these people seemed all too......................familiar. like the ones way back when.............

Nokturnus beckoned to Zoma. Zoma got to one knee and bowed. Nokturnus spoke, "Apparently they are alive. your magic did not seal them in stone forever........" Nokturnus got to both knees and slammed both of his fists on the ground, which created a quake so powerful, the whole of the overworld could feel it. nokturnus stood back up, brushed off his knees and pointed at Zoma. "Go now! find this place i keep seeing and leave no survivors!! LEAVE MY PRESENCE!!" Zoma snapped his fingers and disappeared with a crackle. Nokturnus sat down in his throne and again, saw this gold tower with mirrors..................

(A purple and yellow devil looking being can be seen flying into the Wall that Anna blasted...............................)

Reoh looked at Dai. "Anytime. We need to get to Dharma soon, I have buisness we must take care of. And here." he says, pulling a small medal out of his pocket, tossing it to Dai. "You'll need this." It was about the size of a human palm, with an odd engraving of a bird on it. It was NOT a Tiny Medal.

Suddenly, Dai heard a rustling in the wagon, and saw the little Metal slime poke his head out before hiding again.

(um. . . how did copper get there? You never really mentioned catching him or anything. Just you offered food and he timidly ate a bit. You never really gained any trust and if you warped with him. . .he would have fled as soon as you guys landed . . .

And yeah, Chad is fused with Kazuma and the Orgodemir part. So yeah, he can hear him as well.)

Before landing on the ground, Kazuma flapped his shadowy wings and softened the decent.

Taking a deep breath of the cool air was refreshing. He will always prefer the smell of the outdoors then castles and dungeons. Within a couple of seconds, Ladja appeared behind him chuckling. "I can smell your anxiety, you won't do anything to harm your own kind. You will fail your mission, and then be killed off."

Kazuma didn't entertain him with a response, but instead just started to walk forwards towards the small village, with the scent of fresh blood growing stronger and stronger. They just finished their daily hunt. Now it's time for his. As soon as a townsfolk noticed him walking towards the enterance of the village, Kazuma shot out a Blazemost engulfing five of them and catching a building and some fences on fire.

---

"I am but a simple woodsman." He said with a slight bow, "It's been so long since I had company that I had forgotten my name, ever since my wife left me." He looked at the ground with a hurt expression on his face, "But that doesn't matter now, everything will get better in time."

--

Selena sighed watching Reoh walk into the town, since she wasn't going to be forgiven for her crimes, she might as well add to them. She wondered into town a bit following her nose to the scent of some porkchops, which was coming out from an open window. A family was getting ready for their meal, "Aww, how nice, a family meal." Selena said with a smile and a sigh. She then cast sleep on the family, which worked wonders. Making sure no one was watching, she climbed into the window and grabbed some of the porkchops and a pouch fo gold before climbing back out. Chewing on a piece of the porkchop she wondered back out of the town and waited for Reohs return.

Edited by Kalmana

(Sorry, but if he runs, I'm not sure how they'd find him again.)

Sparring with Topaz, Dai had to work on close combat, still reading from his scroll in between rounds to perfect his Blaze spells.

"Dai. I'm not so good with Blaze, but if your trying to learn magic, I can teach you IceBolt and Infernos" Jay said "I don't mean to brag, but I am somewhat skilled in Ice, Wind, Dark and Recovery spells. I can try to teach you if you want." He continues.

(I don't know either, but yeah, Copper is pretty much gone. So yeah, you're going to have to find another way to solve the Kazuma issue.)

Selena starts to laugh, "Yes, learn attack magic spells from a priest." Taking another bite of the porkchop she walked over towards Dai, "If it's spells you want, then I can teach you them. I have dedicated my life to learning and perfecting every magic spell." He snickered a bit, "My other half was always jealous of my spells.", She shook her head and continued, "Anyways, If i can free you from a demon lords spell, I can probably manage to teach you how to do some simple attack spells."

---

The woodsman closed his eyes and sighed, "I'm sorry, but when you were asleep I cleaned some of your wounds so they wouldn't get infected and I noticed a tattoo on your back." He paused for a second before continuing, "Do you know anything about it? It could be why you were in that state."

(Gone as in out of the story altogether, or just until Kazuma gets back?)

"I'm not sure. It's a bit of a blur. I remember blacking out during a fight with the demon army, somehow I ended up imprisoned somewhere, then... nothing."

---

"What I mainly need to master are healing spells and fire magic. Between Jay and Wyn, I'm sure healing spells are no issue."

The chimera nodded in response, Topaz still buffing the edges of her body.

Jay glares at Selena. "Hey! Just because I'm a priest now, doesn't mean I have zero experience with battle magic. You don't know what I've done in the past."

(Unless i can figure out a way to get Copper to Kazuma, then yeah, he's pretty much gone.)

The man sighed, "It can be a very bad mark, or a very good mark depending on what you need to do." Rubbing his chin he thought for a moment, "You see; like it or not you are a part of a group of people now. Tell them about the mark and they will treat you like kin. But talk about it to the wrong person, and you can get into a lot of trouble. Same with if you try to get the mark removed. Some end up dead if they try to remove it. A lot of magic is poured into it."

---

How should I feel? I know these people did worse, but do they deserve this cruel of a death?

It isn't our fault, they brought it upon themselves. We will do this for future peace.

Kazuma turned to see villagers running away in terror, but they wouldn't get far as he cast a explodet at the group. Neither side of Kazuma was enjoying what he was doing; but he was good at it. Despite his actions he felt as though there should be another way, but if he turned away from erasing this village from existance, Nokturnous would be suspicious of his actions.

Place your hand on the head of a monster and give him strength.

With a grin, Kazuma saw some monsters chained to the ground, most likly getting ready to be killed and approached them. With fear in their eyes, they squirmed as he approached, but when Kazuma broke the chains with ease, they saw him as a savior. "You will fight as well." Kazuma said putting his hand on the head of one of the monsters. The monsters strength seemed to increase, as he quickly jumped and killed a fleeing villager.

As the villagers 'hunters' decided to go all out and attack Kazuma, a wide grin spread across his face as he lifted both his hands towards the air as two towers of magma shot out of the ground engulfing the hunters, and as pieces of magma fell to the ground, burning huts and remaining villagers alike.

This is the kind of power you will be able to keep if you obey me.

----

"You will NOT master spells unless you are dedicated to them." Selena said in a lecturing voice, "You have at least a one in a million chance of being that one that can master every type of spell and ability you come across. If I tired to master swordsmanship, my magic would start to decline. So I put in one hundred precent into magical abilities and I will not touch a actual weapon. Because of the limits i put on what I learn, what I can do, I can learn spells that would kill the normal person."

Selena shrugged at Jays response, "Can you teach someone who doesn't even know what magic is how to cast magic? And do you - " Selena looked past Jay and saw the the top of a pillar of magma in the distance, "Do you have enough magical knowhow to stop what ever is causing that?" She said pointing towards it. "I have confidence in my abilities. I WILL stop that. . . but worst case senario, a demon lord is doing that and will probably die. Best case, It was someone who delved too deep in his magic. Stay here if you want, but i won't stand by thinking everything will be alright." She said starting to walk towards the pillar.

(Underworld)

Nokturnus peered in his urn as he saw the tower yet again. he was not sure of its meaning, but he had to find out somehow. Nokturnus then felt a small quake and it died down a bit. the magma surrounding the foundation of the castle seemed to have lowered in level 1/64ths of an inch. Nokturnus was pleased, yet uneasy, about the amount of energy it took for something of that magnitude to happen; it almost rivaled his 3rd in command's power!! Nokturnus had to train, fast. he stood up quickly and looked around. "How am i going to train if i dont have anything that rivals my power?" Nokturnus thought. he panicked, then calmed himself. he then looked into the urn and focused. he concentrated hard on the energy source. the liquid inside the urn materialized into what looked like magma. nokturnus continued to focus in the urn, as magma was spilling outwards, like water hitting a glass pane..........................................................

Jay was getting frustrated with Selena. He holds his hand out towards her. " If you doubt my magical abilities, maybe you ought to see 'em first hand. Or would you rather see my proficiency with curses?" Jay said, his voice turned dark.

"Guys, calm down, whatever's causing that is clearly beyond our abilities to combat right now. We can investigate, but I think it better we stay out of the thick of things. Reoh, what do you think."

---

As the tremors shook the house, Anna suddenly doubled over.

"AH! What's happening? The mark... it burns."

Reoh looked around a moment. "I think we should Zoom to Dharma Temple. I need to get my old equipment, and I need to have a word with the Bishop."

He pointed to the cart. "This can be Zoomed along with us, so we'll do that as well."

He walked to Dai and smiled, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Dai, how would you like to be a Hero?"

"I could actually become a hero? Only the most versed adventurers can attain that rank. You truely think I have what it takes? Nonetheless, he's right, our best choice for now is to head for Dharma and make our preparations."

Selena stopped in her steps and turned towards Jay casting a stop spell on him. Ignoring Dai's plea to calm down she formed a blaze in her left hand, "You dare to threaten me with a curse when I saved you, all of you from a stone imprisonment and asking for nothing in return. Go ahead and curse me. Make it so I can't cast spells for a while, not let me cast the same spell I used to remove the stone cruse again to make sure I completly removed it." Her eyes narrowed, "If you threaten me again with such things, I will make sure you can never mutter another insolent word again. Just remember; I will not gain anything traveling with you. I can easily do what I need to do on my own." With that she turned away, "I have no need to go to Dharma. Changing who I am will only hurt my abilities." Walking past Dai she said softly, "If you intend to become a hero, teach your 'party' some respect." Without saying another word and ignoring anything that anyone would have said to her, she continued to walk towards the pillar of magma.

--

The man rolled up his sleeves and looked at a mark that looked identical to Annas, which was glowing red, "It means that the sword of God has appeared and he needs energy." He put his hand on Annas head and rubbed it as a father would to a child, "The pain will fade as soon as he is done figthing. Be strong, for he is the one who will bring peace to this world."

--

Kazuma looked around him as he stood in the center of town, the magma tower was dying and the village was now empty. All that remained around him was monsters that bowed to him, to Orgodemir.

"It is time to raise up." Kazuma started clentching his fist, "For too long monsters have been taken advantage of. Killed off needlessly because of a few savage monsters attacking humans. They started this fight against us, but we will end it. We will show them the power of the monsters and get rid of that human arrogence."

The monsters started to cheer.

"Some of the monsters you come across will not like being forced to fight humans, some may even like to travel with humans, Let them be." Kazuma looked around and saw a couple of murmers between some of the monsters, "We are not looking to eradicate the humans, just to show them that they should not step on monsters as if they are trash. However, before talks of peace can come, we must dominate them with an iron fist!"

"Very good." Ladja said with a laugh appearing behind Kazuma, "I had no idea you were such a spokesman."

Kazuma waved the monsters away and they quickly scattered, "Just as I thought, the monsters are willing to join us, and my power is great."

Ladja narrowed his eyes, "Do not get too arrogent, while your strength may be strong, it is only borrowed power. And Nokturnus' power is greater."

Kazuma grinned, "For now. Within three hours my strength has eclipsed the lower rank demon lords. I will take all of Orgodemir's power and take his spot on the foodchain. Then, I will be on even terms with Nokturnus and we will rule this, and any other world we come across."

Ladja held his hands towards Kazuma, "I cannot let you continue with your words against our, MY lord. You will share the same fate as your friends."

Turning around quickly, Kazuma grabbed Ladja by the head and sighed, "You know what I think Noktournus hates the most, people getting in his way. He gave me a mission to sap the strength of Orgodemir, he knows everything that is going to happen. You are interfering with his plans."

Jay drew his spear and charged a Selena, but Kingsley grabbed him. "Jay. Listen to your friend. You gotta calm down." Kingsley said. "She started it." Jay said sourly. Jay handed Kingsley a Chimera Wing. "I'm going home to train. I want you to go with Dai. When you reach Dharma Temple. Pick me up." Jay says. He then walks up to Dai and gives him the book of Demon Lore. "In the meantime, please hold onto this." he says. Jay motions for Phoenix and throws his own Chimera Wing, lifting him and Phoenix and launching them.

(Underworld)

Nokturnus couldnt believe what he saw. "what was that magma doing ont he surface?!" nokturnus thought. there was nothing left of whatever town he was looking at, just 2 giant craters where the magma exploded out of the ground. Nokturnus sat and pondered. he thought of all possibilities, but the only logical explanation was that his new minion has gone rogue. "could it be possible that Kazuma has lost control?" Nokturnus asked himself. Nokturnus felt sick for the first time in centuries. he had to explore his options and devise a plan, and fast........................................................................

(Since no one else is posting. . .Might as well peer into Selenas psyche a bit)

"Recollect." Selena said to herself as she walked clutching a pendant in her hand.

A voice entered her head:

"You are doing well Selena. It doesn't matter what the others say, you are the best student we have."

"Recollect." Selena said with a tear coming to her eye.

The voice entered her head again:

"Unfortunatly because of the...condition you have, we had to seal away a part of your conciousness. You can still use magic, but you can't do the highest tier magic. And, because we are sealing away your conciousness, you may say things that will offend people, even if you have the best intentions."

"Recollect!" Selena said in almost a shout.

A different voice spoke:

"Selena, forget what the others say to you. I will always remain by your side. You are strong, wise, kind. . .In your own way. Which is why I chose you to be my bride. So remember, if others do not accept you, You will always be able to run to me and i will accept you for who you are."

"Recollect!" Selena said with a shout.

The 2nd voice spoke again:

"I heard you are going on a Pilgramage to highten your skills as a mage. I hope you will return here as an Archmage. Until then, I will wait for you. Be safe, my love."

Selena opened the pendant and looked at it, there was a picture inside but it was too faded to clearly see anything except for a worn picture of two outlines of people standing close together. "I promised it wouldn't be long. I promised I would be home soon. . .But I can't figure out how. Why did it come to this? Why am i seperated from the only one that understands me. I want to go home, but is there a home to return to after six years?"

"Alright, everyone who's coming with, get back into the wagon. We're moving out for the shrine soon."

As Topaz and Wyn climbed in, followed by Jay's Fencing Fox companion, Dai noticed Selena lost in thought.

"Selena? Are you all right? We're heading for the Dharma temple."

"I am the greatest wizard where I am from. If I don't even try to stop a village from being destroied, I wont be able to look him in the eyes when I return." Selena said stopping only long enough to say her words, "Even if there is a demon lord there, I am confident that I will be able to stop him. Even if it costs me my life." She continued to walk disapparing into the nearby forest.

Reoh looked at her disapper, sighing. "Is she going with us, or no?" he said, sizing up the wagon.

"Alright Selena. Just, try not to get yourself injured, and meet us at Dharma when you when you're done here. Reoh, if you'll do the honors."

(Isle O' Smiles)

Jay was in the yard where Gryphus was training the other monsters, but besides Jay, it was empty. Jay was slashing a scarecrow with his spear, shortly after he jumps back hand casts Kacrack in mid air. Ice crystals strike the scarecrow. Jay then casts Swoosh, the winds slash the scarecrow and two additional ones on either side. long slices riddle the scarecrow Jay initially targeted. Jay holds out his right hand and mutters a bizarre incantation. A purple orb conjures from his hand and looms ominously towards the scarecrow and envelopes it in a purple light. Jay make a motion with his hand and the scarecrow burst, causing the hay inside to fall like snow. "Someone's mad" Gryphus said as he approached Jay. Jay sighed. "It's this girl who joined us recently, Selena, she's so rude. She probably thinks that just 'cause she saved us, she can talk down to everyone. And I'm a priest so my attack magic isn't good." Jay says. "It's better then mine. I barely can launch Kabuff." Gryphus says with a laugh. "They're heading to Dharma temple now. But I just got so mad at Selena that I came back here. Kingsley's with them and he's going to pick me up when they get there." Jay continues. "I think you should try to meet them." Gryphus puts his right claw on Jay's shoulder. "You've shown me your power and you can easily surpass most priests in battle, and besides, the only person you have to please is yourself. But before you go. Take this." Gryphus says handing Jay a moderately large leather sack tied closed with a brown string. "I want you to promise me you won't open this until you reach Dharma." He continues. Jay nods. "I promise." He smiles and leaves, takes Phoenix and tosses a Chimera Wing, taking him back to Somnia. 'I just hope they didn't leave yet.' Jay thinks.