Sign in to follow this  
Ring Man

War of Heaven and Hell: Nokturn's Zenith

Reoh looked at Serena sharply. "I have not been excommunicated from my role as a Hero, although I do not have duties befitting one, as I am no longer the hero I once was. if you must give my job class a title, you would call me a Godhand, the powers of a Paladin and Dragoon flow through me. In truth, anyone can be a Hero if they master enough classes. I just came from a world where there were a lot more than they were here." (( DW7 FTW. ))

"If I'm correct, the Dharma temple in this nation has about 20 or so vocations, and a specific 4 have to be mastered to become the hero class, though some can get by on only 1."

Understanding Selena's sentiment, Dai gave an honest response.

"I don't know what we can do for you in that regard. We lost the Somnian princess to the Demon army, and we have to rescue her before we can expect any aid from the king. We'll see what we can do at the temple. And Lily, I'm curious as well. Why did the spell affect you differently?

-----

Anna was doing her best to heal herself after being scraped against the wall.

"Jerk. I've gotta get out of here. I've gotta get out of here."

Checking her bag, all she had left was a Kamikazee Bracer she had passed off as a simple piece of jewelry. It was powerful, but she'd never get out if she knocked herself out to use it.

"Guard, I have something you might want to know."

Jay was back in his room, everything was back where it was supposed to be. A medium sized leather bag was on Jay's bed. In the bag were ten Chimera Wings. Jay was looking through his library. "What are you looking for?" Kingsley asked. "I'm not sure when we'll be coming back here. So I'm thinking about taking a book of lore. Probably on demon lords if I have one." Jay replies. He scans the bookshelfs once more, then pulls out a thick black book. The book is entirely black, except for a gold trim around the edges and a red vine like pattern running across the spine. Jay puts the book in his bag and takes out one of the Chimera wings and grabs his spear. "Now we're ready to go." He says.

Kazuma banged Anna against the wall again, "That wasn't a 'Yes' or a 'No'. And I have something YOU should know." He said with a slight snicker, "The ones you were traveling with has been taken care of. Frozen in stone for all of eternety. That is what happens when weak humans go up against demon lords. It would be unfair to even call it a one sided battle."

He grabbed Annas bag and threw it to the far side of the room, "If your hands are not at your side, or at your throat" He said adjusting his grip so his hand was around Annas neck and squeezed just enough for her breath to be painful, "just one word; 'Yes', or 'No.'"

We should listen to what she has to say, it could be important

And we can't kill her either. She is not your prisoner

I won't kill her, just make her unable to speak if she continues to struggle

----

As they landed Selena bowed her head towards Reoh, "My appologies, I have a tendency to word things, improperly. And i have never even heard of a Godhand or Dragoon class. Are they new classes at Dharma?"

She sighed listening to Dai, "Then it will be tricky for me to move around easily in towns. I'm already in trouble in some for using spells I couldn't control in some."

Reoh shook his head. "I came here through the Zenithian Castle. I'm originally from a country named Aliahan, after a long journey with my mentor, who was one of the first real Heroes, I left him when he went to Zenithia, which was a waypoint for his country. I traveled with the castle after I became a Hero myself, and over several years, I ended up several places. I traveled a land where some kid had apparently revived the entire world with tablets, that's where my Classes are from. I trained there for a few years, then ended back up at the Castle. I heard whispers of an Archfiend making stirrings here, and then I came here. I may look to be under forty years of age, but by your standards I'm closer to a hundred. I spent most of my life in the clouds, and the food and drink there keep a man young and rejuvenated. I'm still really quite powerful, but with the fact I lost a leg it means I had to essentially start from the beginning."

Reoh looked into the distance. "Actually, your Alltrades Abbey, which I call Dharma Temple due to its older title, is where I fought Archfiend Starkers. He came there seeking a great power that's sealed in the depths of the earth underneath the temple, but noone has ever known what it was. That room truly frightened me..."

"Well, with any luck it may be of some use to us. We're going to need all the help we can get against those demon lords."

Spotting Jay touch down nearby, Dai motioned for him to join them.

---

Gasping for air, Anna let out a weak "fine" and then motioned to be let go.

"Just grant me one request. Get one of the guards to bring me something to eat. It's been 3 days since they fed me, over whatever they did to you."

"There is just one thing." Kazuma said pressing his palm against her back. His touch felt as if his hands were on fire, "You now have the mark of your new god, but it comes with a curse. Mention our. . . 'partnership' to anyone without a mark on and it will be quite deadly to the people in your home kingdom, every female will disappear, even ones yet to be born." He released her neck letting her drop to the floor, "I will free you from this place soon enough. Your job will be to find actual strong people and create a neusance for Nokturnous long enough for me to act. Just remember, you are doing this for the future peace of the world." Kazuma laughed as he walked out of the cell shutting it behind him.

"Get that woman something good to eat." Kazuma said to one of the guards, "Not the gruel you typically would feed a prisoner."

With a quick bow, the guard rushed away to find something for Anna to eat.

Th'at was slightly entertaining.I'm going to have to think about future plans. I'll give back control for the time being.

With that, Kazumas dispoition changed again, back to normal. Or at least as normal as he was going to get.

He shouldn't have went that far.

It could have been just a bluff.

No, something tells me that it wasn't a bluff. I feel that he will stay true to his promise.

For her sake, lets hope she doesn't betay god.

----

Selenas eyes lit up when Reoh mentioned the power under Dharma, "Yes, we should head over to Dharma after meeting with the king here."

Reoh laughed as they neared Somnia. "It's too bad the people here do not worship Ramia the Godbird... I know how to summon her in times of great need, but she cannot come here. We would get around much faster."

Edited by Derpametric

(Underworld)

As nokturnus was staring intently at the urn, he had a strange feeling, as if some unknown force was brewing somewhere. it was nearby, as he could sense that much. he heard a loud thud, as if a body had been dropped. he glanced to Ladja and beckoned him to go check out the disturbance. a guard came out, rushed to the table, placed a whole bunch of food from the table on a platter in a rush and ran out, dropping a peacock drumstick along the way.

nokturnus walked calmly to the dropped drumstick and picked it up at the bone. he walked back to his throne and sat down and looked intensely at the bone. the individual meat strands of the drumstick started to peel themselves away, as if it was an exploded view of the drumstick. the strands then melded themselves back in place, and with a shrug, took a bite out of the drumstick. he then looked at the urn, which materialized itself to the tower once again..............

As soon as the guard returned, Anna moved fast. Sticking the Kamikazee bracer, she threw him against the wall and cast her spell.

"Icebolt!"

Piercing the small guard, he dropped quickly, which triggered the accessory on his neck. After the bracer exploded, Anna rushed through the rubble of what used to be the wall.

"Return!"

With the cast of the spell, Anna flew beyond the castle walls. She was too weak to focus the spell properly after such a long imprisonment, so she had no idea where she was going, but at this point, anything was better than here.

(Underworld)

Nokturnus heard a loud boom and someone yelled twice. nokturnus stood up straight and tossed the bone aside. he stood with his arms folded staring intently at anyone who would walk thru the doors. Ladja came back, stunned, as if he couldnt believe what he just witnessed.

"Explain." nokturnus commanded, pointing at Ladja.

Ladja explained what he saw, in detail. when ladja was finished, he bowed, as if accepting whatever fate Nokturnus was going to bestow upon him. Nokturnus stood there, folded his arms and chuckled. "that girl is a feisty one! i like that....." he exclaimed, then voice turned dark. "summon our new recruit, Kazuma. he has earned himself his first mission. i would like to see the extent of what he can do with his new power. bring him here. he has a job to do." nokturnus stood and watched as ladja rushed out of the room to retrieve kazuma.....................

"Kazuma." Ladja said appearing in front of Kazuma with an irritated look on his face, "Out of all the worthless grunts in this place I am the one who has to find you."

Kazuma smirked, "At least you know your place."

Ladja shrugged, "I could always bring you there the hard way. What do you say; turn to stone until I deliver you to Nokturnous, or go there yourself." Ladja opened the palm of one of his hands.

With a slight laugh as he walked by Ladja Kazuma said, "I know you cannot turn me to stone like you did to my former team mates. I have a very important job to do and your boss wont like it if you hinder me." He paused and stopped walking for a moment, "Know your place." He then continued to walk.

-

A while later Kazuma walked before Nokturnous and got on his knee, "You summoned me?"

(Underworld)

Nokturnus watched as Kazuma knelt to one knee. nokturnus folded his arms yet again. "We had a prisoner escape. your mission is to retrieve her, by any means necessary." he turned swiftly, letting his cape flow from the breeze, walked to his throne and sat down, resting his cheek against his fist.

Nokturnus continued calmly, "Apparently, she used what is known as a Sacrifice Bracelet to break free from her prison. How she did it is unknown, as these walls are nigh impenetrable, but she definitely found a way.............." nokturnus closed his eyes. "I'd prefer if she was alive when you bring her back, but dead? she can be resurrected. either way, i want her back here." Nokturnus opened his eyes, which narrowed. "Succeeding in your mission, the rewards shall be great. Fail, and the consequences may be...........severe."

Kazuma smirked "I was hoping to test out the power that lies within this new body.", he said still on his knee, "I know it is out of place but I request just one thing; I wish to be given the opportuntity to deal with a village I came across in my youth that hunted monsters for sport. If allowed, I will be able to test the abilities I have gained which will allow me to use to capture the target while dealing with anyone in my way, but will be able to recruit monsters to join your cause by freeing them from being hunted."

(Underworld)

Nokturnus frowned, as if considering the idea. "Very well. you may go. report to me when finished. i may have another mission for you once this one is complete. Also, take Ladja with you. im sure he can be of some assistance to you." Ladja sneered at Kazuma with disgust, but did as his master told him. he also knelt to one knee and bowed....................

(so...whats going on with the other characters?)

Without saying another word, Kazuma got to his feet and walked out of the chamber.

I had hoped that we could go alone.

We need to be trusted more before we can do things by ourselves.

Nokturnus is a fool. Sending someone like Ladja to accompany you. I can see why they only fear him for his strength, not his planning.

What do you mean exactly?

I will explain in good time. For now we will need to deal with Ladja. Just act natural and do what needs to be done and i will figure out a way to get rid of him without looking suspicious.

"Ladja." Kazuma said stopping in his tracks turning towards him, "Open a portal ten miles northeast of Somnia. i know you can do something like that."

"I will not open a portal just because you tell me to. You might be the masters new plaything, but I will not take orders from it." Ladja said with a snear, "There are only two who I will take commands from. You are not one of them."

Kazuma turned away from Ladja and continued to walk, "So be it."

---

"What do we have here?" A man said picking up Anna from some bushes. Brushing some leaves and dirt away from her face he started to walk towards his cabin, "I don't know what happened or who left you in such a mess, but I promise you will be safe in my care." Opening the door to his cabin he placed her on his bed and covered her with a blanket, "I should get some food ready for you. It looks like you haven't eaten in a while." He walked out of the bedroom and started to cook some soup.

Jay walks up to Dai and his group. "Hello again." He said. Jay takes the book out of his bag and quickly flips through it. "I brought a book about Demons. I think it may come in handy. Did you get what you need?" Jay asks.

(( I think we're still in the air, bit I'll take care of that. We'll say Jay found us after we landed. ))

The group landed, with Somnia in the distance.

"Alright then. Reoh, I need you to head into town and take care of any preparations we have to complete. Here's the wallet I've been saving our spoils in."

Topaz and Wyn climbed out of the wagon.

"Jay, read through that book and see if you and Serena can find anything about the demons we met at Weaver's Peak. Topaz and Wyn, you, me, and Jay's companions will spar for a bit. Lily, you keep resting, you still seem disoriented."

Dai still couldn't shake it. Where were his parents?

---

As she came to, Anna glanced around, barely able to move her own neck.

"Where am I?"

(( Mine will be a long post, so I'll do it tommorow. ))

Reoh didn't take Dai's wallet. "I have a large deposit with the store here, I'll have a cart sent out with supplies and food." he said, walking in, straight to the Castle...

(Honestly Lily, if you can't respond more often, it may be better for you to drop out. I keep trying to buy time, but if you can't post often enough to keep up with everyone else, I think maybe it'd be best.)

(I have to agree with Ringman. You went a week without posting anything because you were busy on another forum. While it's not my decision, but it's a bad idea to make a group of RPers wait for just one person as the rest will lost interest and move on to other things. If you can't spend more time here and post a responce here in a decent amount of time, I think it's best to drop. However, the decision lies with you if you want to stay in the game or not. Heck, if anything you can take a break for a while then come back to it when you aren't so busy.)

(but now, some plot dump by my two demons . . . )

Reaching the outside of the castle Kazuma, digging into Orgodemir's magic, he cast Zoom. Unfortunatly, it would take a bit for him to arrive at his destination.

Orgodemir, since we now share a body, or at least you are using mine, tell me how a self proclamed God gets sealed away by a demon lord.

After a bit of a pause;

Fine, I will share. I was originally from another plane, another world. I held that world in the palm of my hands, even defeating the God of that realm. Unforuntalty, my reign didn't last too long. The battle with God exhausted me and a group of heroes used that opportunity to slay me, twice. After the second time, i left. I knew my business there was done until i regained strength. I found myself on this world. That fool Nokturnus found me after a couple of months of buying my time, regaining my lost strength, He told me to work for him. After refusing he sealed me away. And the rest is history.

Sounds like you were just mad that you lost.

Silence. I admit my defeat by the hands of those heros, but I will not make the same mistake a third time. When i'm finished here I will return to that world. And if you do a good job, i'll leave you in charge here.

----

Hearing the talking, the man wondered back into the bedroom with a bowl of soup. He set it on the nightstand and gently sat Anna up with some pillows. "You are in my cabin. Don't worry, you are safe from what ever or who ever did this to you." He knelt on the floor beside the bed, "Are you well enough to eat some soup?"

(I'm curious about one thing, is Chad full on fused with Kazuma, or can he just communicate with Orgodemir as well?"

"I... last I remember I was being held prisoner. I can barely feel my magic, and every muscle in my body aches. Thank you for your hospitality, but if I may ask, who are you?"

---

Suddenly, Dai heard a rustling in the wagon, and saw the little Metal slime poke his head out before hiding again.

"That's right, we need to watch out for this little guy. I don't know why, but Kazuma seemed concerned about him. Change of plans. Phoenix was your name, correct? Can you see if you can calm the little metal slime in the wagon down?"

The castle was tense, Reoh on one knee, explaining to the King of what happened to Anna.

"So she was taken by the enemy, and possibly possessed to boot..", muttered the king with extremely sad eyes. "What can be done, Reoh?"

Reoh stood, he shook his head. "Majesty, all I can do is go. I'm taking those kids to Dharma temple, where I'll get the equipment I used in the past, and then I will find the demon who turned us all to stone. I'll have him lead me to where your daughter is by force if I must. If she's too far gone, I-.."

The king shook his head. "Make it quick, if it comes to that. She's my only daughter, she wasn't meant to suffer."

Reoh only nodded as he took his leave.

When he came back out to the group later, he brought a cart with weapons and supplies onboard

"I'll try my best" Phoenix said, she then headed to the wagon where the metal slime was hiding. "Hey little guy" She said in a soothing tone. Copper cowers into a corner. "Don't be afraid. I won't hurt you. And I don't think those other people will. So If you want to, you should come out. It okay." She motioned for the slime to follow her out of the wagon. Meanwhile, Jay quickly glanced over the items Reoh had brought, but took nothing. "I've some reading and I believe I identified the enemies we encountered. The first one we fought, the one with the robes, his name is Zoma. He plagued two realms in his time, one called Alihan, and another called Alefgard, though he was more prominent in the latter, before he was ultimately stopped by the legendary hero Loto also known as Erdrick. Although the other one, the one who turned us to stone, was a character known as Bishop Ladja. He worked under the Demon Lord Nimzo, but why he's working with Zoma baffles me....Perhaps there is a higher force pulling the strings." Jay explains.