Sign in to follow this  
Ring Man

War of Heaven and Hell: Nokturn's Zenith

"It's fine Jay. I'm guilty of the same. I was so concerned with saving Anna from Rhapthorne and rescuing my parents, I led us up here and nearly got us killed, not to mention Kazuma kidnapped. Speaking of which..."

Noting the timid little Metal Slime, Dai pulled out a small bag of Monster Munchies. Figuring this was the little guy in Kazuma's bag, he assumed he wasn't comfortable around people. Leaving the bag next to the wagon, Dai motioned for everyone to back away a bit.

"Give the little guy some space. Metal Slimes are hunted by adventurers a lot. I doubt he's comfortable around us yet, even if we were traveling with his friends."

Reoh looked at Jay. "If you're going back to Somnia then I think we should come with you, honestly. I think a Hero with you would vouch for your character, if anyone there remembers me, it should."

"We best return as well. Our trail's gone cold, and I do have to inform the king of his what's happened to Anna."

---

Sitting on the cold floor of the dungeon, her once ornate battle dress in tatters and her memories a blur, Anna glanced at the Shadow across the hall, speaking to one of the prisoners.

"Hey you! What'd your slimy masters intend to do with me, now that they've got their precious Rhapthorne?"

(wreavers peak)

Selena stood, feeling a bit better with a bit of a sigh she said, "While it's bad that one of your group got captured, but think of it this way; since they didn't kill you, they probably think you will be up on this mountain for a long time. You can have the element of surprise on your hand."

After listening to Jay's story with a bit of fake interest, afterall, she just met the guy, she shrugged and said, "If you want to redeeme your character, isn't it best to do so by actions rather then words?"

Copper eyed the food with a bit of suspicion, but because of his hunger, he couldn't resist it. Slowly, he moved towards the food, watching to make sure that everyone wasn't moving towards him, and started to eat.

"I should travel with you as well, I am on a pilgrimage to study spells and learn as much as i can. Having a great spellcaster in your group should come in handy, as you probably have seen." Selena said with a slight laugh.

(underworld)

Kazuma absorbed everything Chad told him. He was to be used as a leech against another demon lord who apparently didn't know it's place in the food chain of lords and do a bit of work to use up the energy. After a bit of consideration, he got to his feet and said, "I will accept the offer, the faster this war is over with, the faster the monsters can start to live in peace."

Chad looked pleased, he knew that if Kazuma didn't accept the offer, he would have been killed. Chad unlocked the cell door when he heard Anna's shouting. "Isn't that?" Chad said before Kazuma walked out of the cell, walking towards Anna's cell. "So it is you, i thought i reconized the voice." Without waiting for Anna to respond he turned towards the door, "You will either most likly end up as a meal, hostage, or sacrifice."

He gestured towards Chad as he headed towards the door, Chad nodded and started to lead Kazuma towards the chamber that held Orgodemir

"Damn. I've got to find a way out of here. But I can't believe one of our own would betray us like that. Wait. Maybe I can make this work for me."

Positioning herself next to a wall, Anna mused to herself, her tone meant to convey the impression that she thought she couldn't be heard by the guard.

"I can't believe they fell for that."

Let's just hope those Imps are as stupid with words as they are with spells.

Reoh looked at Dai and the group, and shook his head. "I do not think any of you should inform the King of what happened to Anna. I should do it myself, as I am acquainted with the King. He would throw all of you in prison in grief, where he would task me to save her. I'll handle it."

He sheathed his sword, and sighed. "I can spin it as well, simply make it seem like Anna just picked up something she really should not have, and promptly disappeared. Again, it's the word of a renowned Hero against a bunch of adventurers."

"Very well Reoh, I'll leave it to you. Nonetheless, we don't stand a chance against the remainder of the army at this point. We need to strengthen ourselves. Our best bet would be to start with this Aurora staff Jay mentioned."

Looking towards the older adventurer Dai continued his queries.

"I understand you're the most experienced, so I need to know, can you think of anyplace where we could strengthen ourselves or improve our arsenal?"

"I'm....uh...not going to Somnia." Jay said. "The Isle o' Smiles is my home now. And that's where I'm headed. Do you know where you're headed next. I'll likely meet you there."

Reoh's eyes narrowed a bit. "We should first make a small detour to Somnia, Jay, you should meet us outside the limits of the town in a day or so, we will not be there long. Then we can go to Dharma Temple, I know the headmasters there, and they'll train you in your various vocations, or help you in new ones. I have some equipment stored from my adventures there as well, and you all are free to use it." He appeared to be in thought. "We should think of Zenithia Castle eventually, Dai, I think you'd be a fine Hero, and the Dragon would be sure to give you that vocation."

(( Reoh should be able to use Zoom as a Hero, would there be a problem with it? Just to Somnia, obviously. ))

((Works for me, but let's wait for input from Lily before further advancing the plot))

(i'll at least make one more post in the underworld since it's not really going to effect the party directly)

(underworld)

"Here we are. . ." Chad said with a bit of unease standing infront of two large doors. He was hessitant to push them open, as he knew what was on the other side, and if Kazuma made a bad move, things would get ugly for the both of them.

Kazuma sighed moving in front of Chad, pushing the door open, he had enough of waiting around. Afterall, he would be able to see what it is he was getting himself into.

Inside the room was a large black crystal with red cracks spreading across it. There was a figure inside, but he was unable to get a good look at it. Surrounding the crystal, were several wizard monsters with their palms pressed against the crystal, with two looking familiar. "Ah, the boy i didn't turn to stone." Ladja said with a chuckle looking over towards him, "I can easily fix that."

"Not now." Zoma said not even looking over, "We have a job to do."

"He is also my guest." Nokturnus said slowly walking over towards Kazuma and Chad, standing with his arms crossed looking down at Kazuma, and Chad who quickly got into a bow.

The room went silent, as they knew not to speak when their master spoke.

A shiver went down Kazumas spine looking over the imposing Demon Lord, this was his. . . No, their enemy. Since he already decided to join him, all he had to do was be useful to him for the time being and he will be fine. But he also couldn't make himself look like a pushover either.

"You are here because you have accepted the agreement?" Nokturnus said calmly.

Kazuma paused for a second thinking of an answer, "I'm sure you know the answer, otherwise i wouldn't have dared to stand in front of you."

"hmph, at least you are not like those cowards that can't say anything beyond 'yes' or 'no'."

"Alright then, we've got our plans laid out."

Putting the still unconsious Lily in the wagon, Dai turned to everyone to review their objectives.

"We'll head back to Somnia, take care of our errands and report to the king. Then, we regroup with Jay on the outskirts, and make our way to the Dharma temple to re-equip ourselves and train in vocations. Reoh, if you'd do the honors, and Jay, good luck."

"Thank you" Jay said "I'll see you tomorrow, I believe." Jay pulls a Chymera Wing out of his bag and tosses it skyward.

Reoh mumbles an incantation to himself as the rest of the group Zooms to Somnia, landing just outside the town.

(this will be my last post for Nokturnus, just want to finish what he was going to be doing before handing it over)

(underworld)

Nokturnus motioned for Kazuma to approach him, which he quickly did. He turned towards the gem that held Orgodemir and grabbed something from within the gem. With a quick jab, he forced the object into Kazumas skull.

The mix of the pain of the item entering his skull, and what felt like a rush of energy overwhelming his body, caused Kazuma to fall to his knees, holding his head in his hands as his body started to change.

"You and Orgodemir will be connected, you will use his energy to weaken him. If you do not disappoint me and obey me, I will allow you to keep the power, if not, I have no use for you." Nokturnus said to Kazuma, who was now wrything in pain much to the amusment of the other demon lords and monsters in the area.

The back of Kazumas skin started to bubble as it started to grow a new tail.

"Hang in there Kazuma." Chad said moving close to confort his friend, but the rapidly changing form of Kazuma slowly enveloped Chad into the mix as well.

After what seemed like an eternety to Kazuma the changing stopped and the pain recided. He slowly got to his feet and turned to limp away, "Summon me when you have a job, for now i must rest and get used to his new. . . body of mine." Kazuma said walking away from the smirking demon lords.

(Pretty much what Kazuma turned into was something like this:

orgodemir3.gif

but less melty and with shadowy wings.)

(In the sky)

Selena grinned as the group flew through the air, she wanted to make a note of the experience, but she unfortunatly ended up dropping her quill mid flight.

Edited by Kalmana

(Isle O' Smiles)

Upon landing, Jay quickly went to the church and made Confession. He then went to his room and pondered the map. Jay couldn't find any land marks. "i wonder why the edges are gold on this one" Jay thinks out loud. "The other one wasn't like that.Oh well, I guess I'll just train and try to find it when I'm with Dai." Jay grabs his spear and heads to the practice yard. Jay positioned him self in between three scarecrows and practiced his Multithrust, alternating between targets. "You've gotten better Jay." said a feminine voice. Jay turned around and saw Xiphos' Envoy. "Hello again." Jay replied. "So Jay, what's new?" She asked. "I've found a treasure map...but I can't figure out where it is." Jay says. He takes the map out of his bag and shows it to Xiphos' Envoy. "You've certainly traveled alot. Do you know where it is?" He asks. Xiphos' Envoy looks over it very carefully. "Well, it seems a little outdated, but it that the entrance is where a building now is." She says. "So does that mean I can't find it?" Jay asks. " I never said that. The entrance can still pop up, even through concrete without damaging anything, it's really quite amazing, Anyway. You've been to this building, more specifically, you've been in the room the entrance is in. In fact, The room is now full of all sorts of ancient lore and legendary texts." She adds. "Hmm. So it's a library?" Jay asks. "You could say that, and it's very close to a church, run by one of the best priests I know." Jay begins to figure it out. "Thank you for the complement. But it's really in my room?" Jay asks. "Yes." Xiphos Envoy replies. "But what's the deal with the gold trim?" Jay asks. "That trim, signifies that this map goes to a legacy boss." she replies. Judging by Jay's expression, she knows that he's confused. "A legacy boss is a special character, someone well known, who will challenge opponents to a battle if they find the map that leads to them. It's usually a past demon lord." She says. "A demon lord? I'm not sure if I'm strong enough to defeat one. Not by my self" Jay says "Well it isn't always a demon lord, besides, you don't have to fight them and it couldn't hurt just to see who it is." She explains. "I see. Well thank you for everything." Jay says and with that he returns to his room. Jay moves his bed aside so the center of his room is clear. Jay holds the map aloft and in a flash of light, the entrance to a cave, identical to the previous one appears. "You found it." Phoenix exclaims. "Yeah, Let's check it out." Jay says, he grabs his spear and he and Phoenix walk down into the cave. the only path is a long staircase down, as Jay gets deeper, more and more candles burn on the walls, lighting up the hall. "The walls, it looks like a castle. But they're differentiated from ours." Finally Jay reached the bottom "What!?" He exclaimed. Standing at the other end of the room was a fencing fox, with it's arms crossed with a smile on his face. "What are you doing here, Kingsley?" Jay asks, in disbelief. "When Phoenix got kidnapped, you went lookin' for her. Nothing wrong with that. But some one had to look after you. Jamirus called me, but by the time I got here, you already got her back. So we made our own treasure map, and I waited here. Now, I'm going to test how much you've grown." Kingsley draws his rapier. It shines with a silver light. "Just think of it as a one of our practice fights." Kingsley says, with a slight chuckle. Jay draws his spear and prepares to battle.

Edited by Jay the Hawkhart Ace

(Underworld)

Nokturnus stood, arms folded, watching as Kazuma walked away, exausted. at least he THINKS he would still liked to be called Kazuma. he narrowed his eyes at the other demon lords, who then silenced their laughter. he then motioned for Zoma to stand in front of him.

"Hmph! care to explain what happened at the Peak?!" nokturnus was furious. he shouted at Zoma, flecks of froth were flying from Nokturnus' mouth

Zoma was speechless. all he could do was kneel to one knee and look down at the ground. he tried to speak but nokturnus put a hand up, as if to silence him.

Nokturnus turned swiftly, letting his cape flow. he walked to his throne, calmly sat down and rested his chin and cheek on his fist, thinking to himself. he considered the possibility of kazuma being a thorn in his backside. he also considered the missions he sent xiphos and malevolynx on, where dhoulmagus and rhapthorne were, and if there was any more info on the surface world. he then motioned for the urn, which floated towards him. a vision of a very large castled town appeared, followed by a giant tower. he had no clue of their meanings but the castle town seemed familiar. he proceeded to watch for any activity regarding the castle town before making a decision, as zoma and his henchmen awaited orders................................

Turning to the young woman who had saved them, Dai decided he'd better brief her if she planned to stick with them a little longer.

"So, to explain what's been happening. We're a group of adventurers sent by the King of Somnia to defeat the Underworld army. We defeated two demon lords, but in the process, we lost the Princess of Somnia, who was traveling with us, and they released Rhapthorne, one of their more powerful generals."

-----

Anna was still waiting in her cell. She had to get the guards attention if she wanted to escape. If she could just make it outside, she could zoom anywhere but here.

(underworld)

Kazuma wondered the halls of the underworld. The monsters that used to look hungrly at him, now bowed their heads with respect and moved out of his way. It's wonderful being respected. It's only false respect, they only see our strength, not us as a . . . demon.

A minidemon who was carrying some weapons not being able to see where he was going bumped into Kazuma falling over, dropping weapons on the ground and on Kazuma's feet.

After being a bit dazed from the bump, he looked up to see Kazuma and started to tremble. Kazuma looked down at him with a glare.

Clumsy monster. Not good for battles, good for grunt work. He will grow strong with enough practice. we say - -Set an example of him.Show your new strength. we will not kill a monster for being clumsy. You will not be able to lead the monsters. Kill him. Kill him. Kill him. As the voice in his head continued to chant to kill the minidemon, a scowl crossed his face, "Not only do you cross my path, you drop sharp objects on my feet." With a swift swipe of his claw, he grabbed the minidemon pulling him off the ground, "You know what happens to those who disobey their superiors." He threw the minidemon against the wall and continued to walk.

We will not kill. A monster for being clumsy.

--------

Selena closed her eyes and let out a sigh, "You are after the demon lords?" She looked over Reoh and Dai, "It's no wonder you were all in that situation." She turned away from them and looked up at the sky, "And now, if they found out that you were freed, they will probably look for the one who freed you. Great."

Turning back to them she raised an eyebrow, "Since I might as well stay with you, incase you turn to stone again, may I ask how much fighting experiance this party has? I wouldn't feel safe traveling with a party that defeated two demon lords out of dumb luck,"

(With Kazuma right now, you can say that there are three personalities inside of him now. You can try and figure out who is who.)

Edited by Kalmana

Jay and Kingsley were wrapping up their battle. Ending with a Mercurial Thrust from Kingsley which Jay nervously blocked with his shield. They were stopped by Jamirus, who was applauding them. "You've certainly grown Jay." Jamirus said. Jay was confused. "How did you know where this was?" He asked. "We staged the whole thing." Kingsley said. "When I was told about you trying to rescue Phoenix. I came so I could give you a hand. But when I got here, you already finished. So instead, Jamirus, Gryphus and I created a fake treasure map, one that acted like what the Legacy Boss maps used to and I hid down there." Kingsley explained. "We thought it was a good idea to see how you've grown." Jamirus said. "I didn't do it on my own. When I rescued Phoenix. I had help. From a group of heroes. Dai, Lily, Reoh, and Kazuma...they all traveled with me. But I was so concerned with my own selfish desire, I betrayed them, and now Princess Anna of Somnia is in the enemy's hands. And I need to return to help them." Jay said, beginning to leave. "I'm coming with you." Kingsley said. "I came here to help you. And that's what I'll do." Jay nodded. "I'm coming too. We've been through too much together for me to just turn my back on you now." Phoenix said. "Thank you both." Jay said. "I would love to help you out too Jay, but I'm swamped working with this place. But...don't be surprised if I'm there for the final battle." Jamirus said. The group left the area, and Jay's team left the castle. "I'm supposed to meet the heroes at Somnia." Jay said.

"I spent my entire life growing up with monsters, and I like to think I'm a decently skilled ranger of sorts. Reoh here is a retired hero, but still powerful in his own right. Our friend Jay is a powerful priest and spear fighter. Our next destination is the Dharma temple to increase our strengths with vocations. As it is, we can handle ourselves, but not against the demon army lords."

Reoh sighed to himself, they were still in the elevator of Zoom. "I defeated the Archfiend Starkers 10 years ago with my friends. I lost a leg in that battle." he said, wistfully. "I just happened to find these kids fighting a fiend not too long ago, and I'm staying with them until I am no longer needed."

"Lily, relax. He's sleeping right there in the wagon. We got beaten pretty bad by the demons. We're going to head to the Dharma Shrine when Jay gets back to regroup and strengthen ourselves. This is Selena, the one who saved us."

(Underworld)

Nokturnus sat with his eyes closed, still envisioning this tower he saw. he had no clue what it meant, nor of its meaning. it was a large golden tower with thousands upon thousands of mirrors inside, with golden pillars and a simple staircase leading upstairs and downstairs.

Nokturnus opened his eyes and attempted to focus his thoughts into the urn, but failed. this is a skill he has not yet attempted and therefore just made the urn bubble and froth. he then focused on a castle town and it appeared in the urn. he stared at it and waited for any activity.........

(underworld)

As Kazuma continued to wonder the halls, his body was drawn to the prison cells again. He looked down at the 'guards' that were put in place.

Just like Nokturnous; leaving insignificant demons as guards. He should have used stronger ones.

I don't see why not, it's not like anyone would be careless enough to try to escape.

Desperation would push you to do crazy things.

Kazuma gestured for the monsters to leave the cell, which they quickly did. He heard chanting coming from Annas cell slowly moved towards her cell opening it and standing in front of her crossing his arms.

I have a fun idea. I'm taking over.

We will not let you.

We are in control of this body

No. You really aren't.

Kazumas disposition changed as he grabbed the back of Annas head pushing it against the wall as he lifted her up letting her face be scraped against the wall as she was lifted. "Well, well, well, what do we have here." Kazuma said with a slight laugh. "Do you know how easy it would be for me to kill you off right now?" He paused and when Anna began to answer (i'm assuming she would) he continued, "No need to answer, as its obvious. Now then, " he put his mouth next to Annas ear and said, "I am quite generous you see, If you swear allegence to me and do as I say, you will benefit from it." He grinned and pulled her head away from the wall and whispered, "Think about it, If you side with my god, me and his followers will help you. Your kind cannot hope to fight on equal grounds with Nokturnous, but you see, my god can." He paused for a moment and said, "Who would you rather have to deal with; A demon lord who wants the destruction of the human race, or a God that only wishes for everyone to worship him and only him. What do you say?"

You know if we're found we will be killed

Monsters are easy to manipluate. Give them power and they will follow you in hopes of more.

You will not allow us to be killed. You need us anyways.

Do not be so sure. But yes, it would be irritating for this body to die at the moment. I wont allow it to die.

-----------------

"So we have a priest, an ex hero and a ranger." Selena said closing her eyes, "I just have one request before I officially join this little team. I want to get a pardon from the king and access to all of Dharmas knowledge. Seeking out lost and forbidden magic has gotten me into quite a bit of trouble here and there; but if it wasn't for that same magic, you would have still been stone."

She eyed Lily when she started to wake up, "So, what's your story, It's a bit strange that you woke up a bit later then the rest of the group. My book says the spell should have worked on every human instantly but took a bit of time with others. Unless you were sick before you turned to stone. . ."