Sign in to follow this  
Zendor

Tips to win games

Hello guys, i started playing Fortune Street a few days ago and i'm having a hard time winning against the computers... i play standard mode.

what i try to do is get shops in the same district. then i try to buy stocks before investing to upgrade my shops. what i think my problem is is that i try to invest mostly in the spaces that will increase the most for the cash i spend.

any tips to get better?

it sounds like you're doing it right? I mean, investing in whatever you own generally makes you the beneficiary. The only thing you could be doing wrong is that you're not investing money into the smallest shop thereby causing your shops to be bought out easily.

For example, say you have 3 shops in district F, one is worth only 40 gold, another is 194 gold, and the last one is 300 gold. You should invest in the one that's 40 gold, so that would prevent computers from trying to buy it out, after that invest in the next cheapest one and so on(it's best to invest when you have at least 190-200+ stocks in a district).

Other "advanced" though usually unnecessary techniques involves buying stocks in the computers/or other players' districts to benefit from their investments or when players land on their spaces, you're basically leeching off of them( the computers probably do this to you?), and if they get ahead of you, you can sell 10 stocks at the beginning of each of your turns to make the computer player lose a lot of net worth if they have a lot of stocks in whatever district you sell 10 at a time in. The reason this is usually not done is because the game is so hectic you usually can't afford to be wasting time buying stocks in another district just to lower a computer's net worth.

Another tactic is when you're about to win, you sell all your stock to prevent the computer/other players from dropping your networth(by selling stocks in whatever you have a lot of stock in) at the end of each turn, and then just get to the bank asap.

Hmm...other than that, I think it's really the location of your shops that makes the difference. For example, on the colossus board, if you take over the shops right next to the bank, you generally win the game. I took over those shops and made them all over 1.5k each one was in the 4000s I think?, and the computers lost loads, I won by a landslide.

You want to be buying shops in areas where everyone is forced to go, some places are better than others. Like in mario circuit, you should buy the shops in the north because that's where there's 2 symbols(so even someone with a card to get any symbol would still have to go up there because they will be missing one of those 2 symbols).

Another thing I noticed, sometimes computers are actually willing to sell shops to you at a cheaper price than if you land on it and try to buy it out, if you're planning on taking over a district(like the one I described), and the computer has only 1 shop there and nobody else does, you should try this tactic(because the more shops you have in a district, the more difficult and expensive the computer would make it for you to buy it directly from them).

Good luck! :overjoyed2:

Edited by Algrado

The way Algrado stated is basically what I do when I play live. You can try the Out to Lunch as well, I have unlocked 2 of the special tour boards this way.

Other "advanced" though usually unnecessary techniques involves buying stocks in the computers/or other players' districts to benefit from their investments or when players land on their spaces, you're basically leeching off of them( the computers probably do this to you?), and if they get ahead of you, you can sell 10 stocks at the beginning of each of your turns to make the computer player lose a lot of net worth if they have a lot of stocks in whatever district you sell 10 at a time in. The reason this is usually not done is because the game is so hectic you usually can't afford to be wasting time buying stocks in another district just to lower a computer's net worth.

Haha, the tactic that kept me from winning the Wifi game this weekend revealed! Selling other's stocks can really screw them over.

Thx a lot for those tips ^^ i can't wait to try them in my next game ^^

a big tip that I use a lot is take advantage of computer's stupidity. If computer has a shop that you need (like if you already have two or three in that district) and they haven't invested anything in it, instead of hoping to hop on the square to buy him out, before you roll offer to buy it but just ask for the normal price. The computer will re-bargin but I haven't seen them ask for anything more than x2.5 what its actual worth is and that definetly beats x5 its worth.

think i'm gonna try this one out in my next game ^^

These should work in itadaki street special, too, right?