Sign in to follow this  
cprmauldin

What is presently going on between you and DQ/DW?

When you get Nemeslime, I will have to make it to NYC to get it from you. And about a bajillion capcrows.

Just beat Dragon Quest I (SNES) w/o rescuing the Princess as I had never ignored her before and wanted to see the (slight) differences in the ending. Then reloaded my save and beat it again to see what happens when you bring her to the Castle for the first time right at the Ending. I love still finding tidbits about this game, like:

Did you know in the SNES version Garin's ghost shows up in Haukness(sp) after you kill the Dragon Lord? I sure didn't! I'll have to replay the NES version to see if he's there too. I doubt it, but what the hey.

• Upvote 1

I am currently playing Dragon Warrior IV rom on the Nesoid, with no cheats, fast forward, or external saves from the emulater. It has been longer than I expected to get to Chapter 3, but I am a fanatical grinder and that tends to slow down the story line. I have also been distracted with my fiancee's Kingdom Hearts I. The guide is on the same device that my emulators are on, so we have to share. I owe it to her because when I hplayed Dragon Quest VIII she was my "oracle". She basically read the guide to me as I played so that it was a smoother play without stopping to reference the guide. So now it is my turn as her "oracle".

Playing Dragon Quest III R on the supernes, amazed how tough some bosses are, even when you are at a good level. The other day finally beated VI DS after more than 80 hours and played some VII on my psx, but found that my save was gone forever and decided to wait for the remake. Yesterday i was showing DQ VIII to a friend that never played the series and was amazed by the magnitude of the world and the battles, i may ended giving the world another fan :lrsmile:

And i'm so tempted to buy the entire soft vinyl figures...

I am currently replaying DQMJ1. I have 1 Darkonium and a rank D Wild Slime! That, plus Wulfspade and Mischievous Mole, and I am a lean, mean, scouting machine!

After I take care of some other wikia edits, I'm going to be playing through the second Bonus Dungeon in Dragon Quest III for the GBC, create an article for it, and make a list of the random monsters & the treasures you obtain. I will also make time to produce an article for DQ IV's Immigrant Town.

I've gotten my second Darkonium. Just about have a solid Rank C team now.

I am currently playing Dragon Warrior IV rom on the Nesoid, with no cheats, fast forward, or external saves from the emulater. It has been longer than I expected to get to Chapter 3, but I am a fanatical grinder and that tends to slow down the story line. I have also been distracted with my fiancee's Kingdom Hearts I. The guide is on the same device that my emulators are on, so we have to share. I owe it to her because when I hplayed Dragon Quest VIII she was my "oracle". She basically read the guide to me as I played so that it was a smoother play without stopping to reference the guide. So now it is my turn as her "oracle".

I applaud you!

Fill up Taloon's inventory with Abacus Of Virtues before you end that chapter!

I'm currently playing DQVI DS and just beat Averill. I want to complete the Zenithian trilogy in the right order. DQIV DS is waiting for me already. :biggrin:

Playing DQMJ1. 9 Darkonium and a team of a Mumbo-Jumboe, Belial, and King Cureslime. Still have yet to battle Snap in the arena. Hoping to get a Ruin before then.

I'm currently replaying the DeJap translation of Dragon Quest V as my Christmas break from academics distraction; I'm running it such that I am trying to catch as many of the monsters I am able.

Well..recently I just played through NES Dragon Warrior in 4 days while I was recovering from surgery in my man cave, and tapped out the gold and exp counters on my NES cart (65535 gold, 65535 exp).

Right now I'm picking back up on Dragon Warrior II on my Samsung GSIII using the Moga controller I got for X-mas, I've not touched that savegame since 2010. Amazing how much I still remember of what I've done. Currently on the journey to Osterfair.

I'm also in the planning stages of doing some new recordings of DQ/DW music here and there, and plotting how I"m going to do a few "Let's Plays" of my own (which some of those music recordings + some other bits may be a part of).

Currently re-playing Dragon Warrior III (GBC) and occasionally playing Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation (DS) here and there. Other than that, just waiting for the day Terry's Wonderland 3D is announced for English release.