Sign in to follow this  
cprmauldin

What is presently going on between you and DQ/DW?

I was about to buy Nintendo DS last week just to play Dragon Quest games..but upon researching..i found out there were alot of versions of Nintendo DS..

Now im confused which console i should get to play those games. I dont even know which version of DS is available in my nearest gamestore.

So yeah..the journey is on hold.

Any DS recommendations would really be appreciated.^^

Well, I just ordered a bunch of discontinued DQ cards from ebay. When i get them I'll scan/upload them

Currently taking a break from seeing each other, as other projects are eating up most of my free time. My recent tryst with DQ6 was fun tho'! :D

I was about to buy Nintendo DS last week just to play Dragon Quest games..but upon researching..i found out there were alot of versions of Nintendo DS..

Now im confused which console i should get to play those games. I dont even know which version of DS is available in my nearest gamestore.

So yeah..the journey is on hold.

Any DS recommendations would really be appreciated. ^^

Love my DS-lite. As a matter of fact I bought another as I liked it so much!

If you only want it for the games, get a DS lite

If youre interested in downloadable games (you can use an SD card to send them to a 3DS) get a DSi

Being a DQ fan can be a full time job!

Well said!

I'm still eagerly waiting for DW VII and Playing DQ V on the DS...

Finished Chapters of the Chosen! Great game, Psaro was a very looooong fight and I was sure I'd lost a few times.

Finished Chapters of the Chosen! Great game, Psaro was a very looooong fight and I was sure I'd lost a few times.

Ha ha. If you have just beaten Psaro, then I'm afraid your adventure is not over my friend! This game has one more chapter for ya. Enjoy!

Ha ha. If you have just beaten Psaro, then I'm afraid your adventure is not over my friend! This game has one more chapter for ya. Enjoy!

Depends if he's playing the ds version or the nes version... since nes doesnt have that extra chapter

For my part, i started a new game of DQ9 but stopped playing when Skyrim came out. when i take a break from Skyrim i play DQ5 (it's my 3rd play through but now i'll take Bianca as my wife ^^) or Fortune Street.

My plans after that are to play again DQ7 if i can solve my memory card problem and replay DQ8

I've also been playing DQIV: Chapters of the Chosen for the DS whenever I find time (I keep it on my person just in case). Although I own the original NES cart I never played it but I can say for a fact I am enjoying the remake.

Depends if he's playing the ds version or the nes version... since nes doesnt have that extra chapter

That's true, except he mentioned earlier in this thread that it was the DS version.

I've also been playing DQIV: Chapters of the Chosen for the DS whenever I find time (I keep it on my person just in case). Although I own the original NES cart I never played it but I can say for a fact I am enjoying the remake.

That's true, except he mentioned earlier in this thread that it was the DS version.

Correct, it is the DS version, also I am terrible about extra content ha ha :-) I only just recently started in on grotto delving with ix

Zendor, was your first run through of the game with a walkthrough or something? Everyone I've ever seen do the game blind, plus a lot of other seasoned players, usually get Bianca their first time through.

I just felt like after everything she goes through, I'd feel like a douche to choose Nera or Debora

i prefer to do the games without the walkthrough except stuff like for DQ5 the monster recruiting

Got Dragon Warrior VII in the mail and got to play it for about 2.5 hours before work. It's a ton of fun already, and I can tell it's going to be an enormous game.

I'll play some more before work tomorrow, then I've got a work trip that's going to take about an hour and a half, which I can use to further myself in Dragon Quest V.

Now I just have to be careful to maintain my time appropriately between DQ V and DW VII.

Nothing currently. I am waiting for a new DQ title.

the problem i find with DQ7 is that if you stop playing it for let's say a month or 2, i found it difficult to find where i needed to go...

mmm i guess i was kinda uhh "take a rest" from dq for a while...

i mean i'm currently only playing dqmj:2 in DQ series and i'm not that enthusiasted since i already beat the game and i was currently focusing on other series (plz don't hate meeee, there also moments where i really had fun spending time with dq...a while ago)

not interested in replaying some too since i already replayed dq 1,2,3 and monsters and kinda bored after that lolololol...

I have been playing DQ IX with my BF these past weeks. Also, DQ IX in Japanese leveling up two new characters.

A Hyunckel picture (from Dai no Daibôken) is in the coloring phase (and may remain there for some time, since I am busy).

Today I beat a few dogu and demon monsters from the 4th chapter in DQ IV (DS). I want to kill 999 of each before I move on.

Then I went on to Joker 2 for the first time in weeks. I tried my luck against Leosword, but did not change my current team to a more effective one, and he killed us...

• Upvote 1

Just been playin' my second Joker 2... beatin' on LMSs in Bemusoleum with a gemon, just seeing what spiffy things I might be able to train and synthesize before finally deciding to fight Malevolynx. Might try to get a king squid. Maybe a hargon. Working towards a conklave XY at the mo', since it'd help with scouting things like boss trolls and dierantulas, the latter of which I might also train. Kinda wish LMSs appeared on the overworld in the menagerie, but I guess that doesn't happen 'til the post-game.

Probably be easier if I just beat Malevolynx now, but I wanna see what kind've stuff I can use against him this time around :P Sorta lost track that this second game was for gettin' more Captain Crows, yo.

I'm still working on killing 999 of everything in DQIX. (And still working on the Grotto bosses firsti for that). My Cannibox count has crossed 900 too.

I kinda lost interest in DQMJ2 after getting all the wifi-only prize monsters. I just don't feel like trying to collect everything in that.

Haven't done much in Fortune Street yet. Just some multiplayer matches with my wife.

Edited by The Mystical One

I'm currently trying to finish all quests in DQIx. I've only got the Wi-Fi Quests left.

Other than that, I've got this game completed 100% twice. (Except for he end-game accolades, anyway.)

I'm working on finishing the story of IV. I'm thinking about buying VI though I haven't made my mind up yet.

I'm actually playing Dragon Warrior III GBC version and really enjoy it!!

Playing DWM2 Tara's Adventure on my phone and a little bit of DQMJ2.