Sign in to follow this  
D.Name Theif

I wonder if I should get this...

Well,It looks Ok because of the DQ9/DQ8 thing,but it looks kinda cheezy to me,the graphics are great and I like the nwe monsters,but once again,money...It's going to be on the Wii so it will be 25-35 bucks and I can't spend that type of money right now,due to palans of getting Turtle Beaches(Advanced Headset for the Xbox360) and a modded controler...

I'm in a serous pickel! :????:

you didnt really specify what game you are talking about. but since it SOUNDS like dqx and it is in the dqx section, you are probably talking about dqx. and as long as there is no monthly fee, you should make an effort to save up some money to buy it

It won't be out for quite a while anyway, at least here in North America. Even on a meager budget, I would think if you plan for it now, you should have no problem affording it! Assuming there is no monthly fee, that is.

lets see, a headset and a modded controller... vs A DQ game in which you could party up with everybody here and beyond who also has the game. The fact that this question comes up on a Dragon Quest forum, amuses me~

ewww call of duty.......

its the same thing over and over again. it gets boring. it turns friends into complete $#!&$#!s. its just bad

Dragon quest hasn't fundementally changed until this 10th iteration. I don't play CoD but saying that it's repetitive isn't a very good argument.

Dragon quest hasn't fundementally changed until this 10th iteration. I don't play CoD but saying that it's repetitive isn't a very good argument.

Yea I never quite understood the argument over CoD being so repetitive. Have you taking a freaking look at Pokemon? Yet people to swoon all over that and nobody says "OHEMGEE DIS IS JUST POKSMON RED 1.5.. BTW I $#!&ED YUOR MOM"

Nobody says it's pokemon red 1.5 because it's come a long way since those days. Especially to those that played it. Not bashing either seires, just sayin'

Anyways like I said, Enhance your shootan experiences to talk with the kiddies who curse. Or a multiplayer online dragon quest? Seriosuly why do I constantly find myself thinking,"How can I be reading this on the only hardcore DQ forum/site?" You people confuse the heck out of me. You realize that DQX doesn't even have a date and could be a year or more out of the way? If you can't muster to save 50$ in a year, yet can splurge for a modded controller and a headset, your... financial problems, are highly amusing,

Edited by LordRoto

Yea I never quite understood the argument over CoD being so repetitive. Have you taking a freaking look at Pokemon? Yet people to swoon all over that and nobody says "OHEMGEE DIS IS JUST POKSMON RED 1.5.. BTW I $#!&ED YUOR MOM"

i never said pokemon wasnt repetitive.

of course it changed. there are different storylines. different weapons. different enemies. different experiences such as character customization and tag mode. and other than Call of Duty being repetitive, it is just a bad thing to play. War shouldnt be simulated. War is a terrible thing. I just saw a movie recently called "Saving Private Ryan". that movie shed the light on me of how terrible those games are. I encourage you guys to watch that movie so you can see how bad those games are. Im sorry if im sounding like a mom or something, but War isnt a game. Other than that, i have had a couple of pretty close friends. then they started playing Cod and now they are just D1cks and they swear all the time. Even the campaign in Cod is just bad. I know of plenty of people who didnt even start the campaign. The game is meant to be looked at by looking at the campaign. The online is just a side feature. So all in all, the game itself isnt too great. I also find it unfair how Mw3 got a high rating whereas mariokart7 didnt get so great because "it didnt change anything". Seriously?! its pretty unfair how lots of sites that review games suck up to Cod.

The difference between shooters like CoD and games like DQ and Pokemon is as follows.

While neither strays from it's roots, shooters don't tend to change noticeably if at all.

By comparison, Pokemon and DQ are close to their roots, but they try to build on them and innovate it with features like new monsters in the former or the class system, side quests, new stories and characters in the latter.

I personally could never get too into shooter games myself, so maybe my opinion doesn't mean much, but I still have to be told which Modern Warfare game my brother's playing. I can't really find too many significant differences between the games, whereas while there are similarities in the DQ games, there are enough differences that I can clearly differentiate every one I've played.

So basically, while both games share a lot with their predecessors, the RPGs are only so at their core, and build around it, whereas (to me at least) most shooters just all feel like they retextured stuff for the subsequent releases.

Edited by Ring Man

all it really is today with most shooters is just new maps. and a new name. thats really what a new Call of Duty game is

Yo Zenith if I may point something out...

Call of Duty,the most killing glorifying one is World at war...If someone throws a grenade at you and you get killed you see half of your legs are blown off and you see the inside of your leg on the killcam...

Go to Black Ops now...someone throws a grenade at you,you fly 2 feet in the air with a little blood ...

The old CoD games were FAR goreier than the new ones,hell,in Mw3 you never get to see blood!

Btw,CoD is the on the Wii,Xbox360,Ps3,Ds,Not to mention the Ps2,Mario Cart 7(no offense)is"little gay $#!& for 7 year olds"is what I hear from Cod players,another thing,you mentioned the storymode,uhhh,the things they put and how you do it has always been really EPIC to people ever since CoD 3,most of the cod players I know skip the storyline beacause the Online(Multiplayer)is far more awesome,then again they always do the storymode eventually due to flatout boredomeness

So all in all,when I got done writing this I found out that this a flatout waste of my time talking to a guy like you,on a DQ fourm about how you want people to not like CoD,when I should be practicing for a clan war i'm going to be doing in a little bit...(trollface)Umad??

It is a waste of time talking about this. Not everybody has the same opinions. I will respect yours as long as you respect mine. Lets just leave it as this

Before that got a little off-topic...

1st - Being a Wii game, you're looking at $50 minimum

2nd - You have at least a year before they localize this, probably more. Put $5/month away and you're good.

This is about DQX, a 40-50-60$ game that'll come with a monthly price tag. Not about Call of Duty, which you can get either Modern Warfare 2-3(ew) on sale, or Black Ops (yay for offline multiplayer) for a much better price, with a much lower monthly fee (( Depends on PS3 or Xbox live, I prefer Live, and I pay for Live. ))

Needless to say, I'm not getting DQX likely. Even if I get a Wii U. It'll be online for a couple years and then be taken offline due to lack of interest, and from what I can see, it's online-only.

Way to go, Nintendurr.

Personally I can't wait for DQX, maybe that's the bonus for being a corporate tool. I don't base the games I buy off of what I can afford, I just get to be picky and buy the ones i want :P

I don't have money for it now either...'cause, you know, it doesn't come out for a while.

Not like anybody else is busy playing DQ and prancing about it. So much needless hassle for something that isn't out

Not like anybody else is busy playing DQ and prancing about it. So much needless hassle for something that isn't out

hes right, you know

Not considering I sold my Wii, I probably wouldn't buy it. I don't care for the type of RPG it seems to be turning into. I hated Final Fantasy 13, and this seems to have the same play-style.