Sign in to follow this  
Mr. RPG

Interesting.. No Dragon Warrior VII references and no playable charact

Why not?

Is Dragon Warrior VII somehow owned by Sony? They had a character from all of the other Dragon Quest games, except VII, which is my favorite Dragon Quest game.

Chances are they went with mostly current characters with a little nostalgia. VII falls in the middle of that.

To be fair, 7 was probably the most obscure one during its initial release, since it came out near the end of the PS1's life span. I assume a lot more fans would be left in the dark by characters from VII than they would from the more recent ones like 8.

Most of the characters are carried from the DS installment with a few exceptions. That probubly contributes to it.

In the DS game, the town music from VII is heard a lot. I dunno if they changed that for the Wii.

And the game may be obscure here, but I think it sold quite well in Japan.

Yep, until DQIX came out, it was the highest selling in the series.

And yet still no characters in Fortune Street~ BAM

I'm upset about that a little. I mean, it even had it's own spinoff (caravan heart), albeit in Japan only. VII is my favorite too. Maybe if they ever do a remake of it we'll see more references too it. Although with the 3ds out, I'll probably never get to play a handheld version. I just can't justify spending that much on a handheld console whose main aspect I can't enjoy (my terrible vision makes it hard for me to see the 3d, except on occasion. It's like that for movies too, though to a lesser extent, so I know it's not just flaws in the technology.)

To be honest, I look at the 3DS as an improved DS... that also happens to have a 3D ability if you care to use it.

The mobile version has VII characters.

So there!

The mobile version has VII characters.

So there!

Itadaki Street Portable has Maribel and Kiefer, but that is for PSP. The DS (of which the Wii version seems a remake with some added things) did not. But it had very few characters, anyway. The best still is Itadaki Street Special. Tons of characters (even the hero from VII) and an interesting sphere mode after beating the normal mode.

I'm upset about that a little. I mean, it even had it's own spinoff (caravan heart), albeit in Japan only.

Just so you know, the fan translation of CH is amazing! I'm debating getting rid of my DSs for a 3Ds, but my old flash cart still lets me play CH on it, so hard choice.

I'm upset about that a little. I mean, it even had it's own spinoff (caravan heart), albeit in Japan only.

Just so you know, the fan translation of CH is amazing! I'm debating getting rid of my DSs for a 3Ds, but my old flash cart still lets me play CH on it, so hard choice.

Besides you'd only have to buy it once again once Terry's wonderland 3D is localized

If you are using emulation, you can play it on the computer.

I would rather keep the old DS, even if you get the 3DS.

True. I have 2 DSs, maybe I'll just sell 1. The problem is I'm saving for a wedding this October, so cannot really justify spending too much this year on fun.

I kept my Dsi and got a 3Ds with it beacause,if the 3Ds suked I'd still have my Dsi,in my opinion the 3Ds was the worst game systen I've bought in a long time...

I'll never hear the number 3 without thinking of that video.

I tjink they should at least have Maribel. She could be unlockable and a Rank S. She is very simmilar to Jessica, in personality.

Nah, MarIbel's too stuck-up to deserve being in a spinoff. Then again, so was Keifer, but he also needed more in-game time (I don't want to spoil dq7 for those who haven't played it yet)