Sign in to follow this  
Thany

New Story and Beta Details

Info about the intro to the game: http://andriasang.com/comzeo/dqx_story_details/

Starts in a small vilage. You create two human characters - yourself and your sibling - genders can be whatever you want. Brother and sister, two brothers, etc.

The village features characters designed by Akira Toriyama.

So will this area play a similar role to Angel Falls / The Observatory for Dragon Quest IX, giving you a tutorial and setting up the story of the game? This may be the offline first few hours that was mentioned in the past. Will you be able to return to this area later?

After this part is where you are transformed into one of the 5 races. I hope you get to choose which one! It'd be annoying if the game pulled something like Ultima IV, where your answers to questions determine how your character ends up.

The article also states that beta candidates will be notified in January with the Beta itself to start in February. It states additional people will be notified after that as the beta continues. So if the Beta starts in February, it would likely go on until March or April? Possibly leading up to a Summer release for the full game?

This article (http://andriasang.com/comzej/dqx_jump_festa/) mentions the beta starting somewhere around Valentine's Day and White Day. And that in addition to the 6 announced jobs that the game will launch with, there will be an additional jobs post release, including ones new to Dragon Quest. Personally, I'd love to see the Monster Tamer in this game. Square Enix could look no further than FFXI's Beastmaster in terms of designing that job for an online RPG.

Also, this article on RPG Fan (http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2011/2548.html) talks about synthesis and how you can level up blacksmithing, for example.

I just hope there's a way to turn back into a human later on.

Also, maybe take a page from DQ VI's class system and have the skills carry over between classes

I'm sure there will be, but first you have to learn life lessons about tolerance and being a good citizen of the world.

Also, maybe take a page from DQ VI's class system and have the skills carry over between classes

Who knows, you may be able to remain one at the point which you are given the option to transform.

Who knows, you may be able to remain one at the point which you are given the option to transform.

That would be a neat ability to revert to human!

maybe you run around as human by day and beast by night! nah, thats impossible. a bunch of the screenshots show the other races in the day....

I'm sure there will be, but first you have to learn life lessons about tolerance and being a good citizen of the world.

Then living a few years as Jar Jar Binks would teach people tolerance towards Episode I?

I keep wanting to read Pukuland as Pukeland...

All those quests sound pretty familiar, though, especially that one about the missing children. I wonder if one of the requirements for that quest will be the constant wearing of pink armor, yo?

Aside from that, all sounds pretty similar to IX, the story leader and position-relevant quests in particular.