Sign in to follow this  
Garmr

Mortella

Is Scouting Mortella even possible?

Hecklling hecktor sucks :/

If you don't have beastie bites it's pretty hard. I definitely didn't mind using one of them on her (and of course, resetting until I get the desired outcome).

Before I formed a primarily scouting team, I used the same strategy to scout Mortella as I did most monsters that can prove to be obscenely difficult to scout: save the game a short distance from where they spawn, get into the battle and only use scout, reset if the monsters take offense.

Yeah, it requires a lot of luck if you can only do 2 - 6%, but I always figure that's way more forgiving than some recruitment rates in Dragon Quest V. 1/50 odds seems a lot better than 1/256, yo.

If that ain't good enough, then keep in mind that Oomph / Oomphle can also improve your scouting rate a smidge, and you can at least get in one round of tension raising prior to the scout attempt since Heckling Hector, from what I recall, only activates on the following turn.

ive scouted mortella twice. without beastie bites. 32 and 59 percent respectively. id use oomphle 2x then try scouting since tension is useless

I've scouted several Mortellas without beastie bites.

Things to remember: Sapperine is useful. Double Oomphle is very useful. And she doesn't Heckling Hector until the turn after you psych up, so use a Timbrel of Tension and Psych up on all three monsters on the same turn before attempting to scout. (at 25 Tension, you've got a pretty decent shot.)

And as always, remember to save before lobbing your items.

All Good ideas, but i think i'm just going to scout another zodiac monster and just synth her/him /it thing

• Upvote 1

All Good ideas, but i think i'm just going to scout another zodiac monster and just synth her/him /it thing

As cool as Mortella is, that sorta seems like a waste of an overkilling machine, yo. If you're set on doing it that way, though, then be mindful that you have a chance of obtaining balhibs from fighting Eugene Poole if you refuse his first offer and accept the second after winning. Much easier than taking the time to synthesize one of those, I wanna say.

I'm not that noobish :P, Just i've seen some powerful mortellas online and wanted to try it out. I already made a overkilling machine earlier

Mortella usually gets put into Ultra Scout with another monsters and while it is able to rock mega scout with its hit squad and super fast speed combined with some attack boosts its a beast. Just it doesn't have enough attack to make it work in Ultra scout. This is only coming from the view of someone who has fought Mortellas not fought with them.

Tension ISN'T useless. But you can only have a one level tension boost. Heckling Hector takes effect at the start of a round not the end. so you can psyche up, then on the next round scout.

Tension ISN'T useless. But you can only have a one level tension boost. Heckling Hector takes effect at the start of a round not the end. so you can psyche up, then on the next round scout.

To add to that. If you psyche up and use a trimbel of tension you can get up to 25 tension+beastie bites+high attacker monsters w/ psycho and you should be able to scout her pretty easy.

We may have missed your post....

I totally did...

clippy.jpg

There. Now I think I won't be ignored.

While I'm at it, how can I help you with Dragon Quest Word 2007?

Edited by RPG Wizard

BTW, she's not immuned to sleep or paralysis, and heckling hector doesn't trigger when she's sleeping or paralysed. (it is still triggering when confused, blade blunted, tacticlamped or abiliterated though)

Tested.

Ok, I found where in the game that this info is stored. Basically, a few "Abilities", non spell, non breath and non slash/strike based are disabled.

I'll send the list to King Zenith, with the other info I found, so that he can add it to the existing list on the site.

Here's the list of disabled abilities by abiliterator:

Boulder Dash , Boulder Bash , Waterspout , Geyser , Spark , Lightning , Singe , Sear , Boulder Toss , Tidal Wave , Lightning Storm , Cremate , Defending Champion , One-on-One , Body Slam , Dodgy Dance , Sandstorm , Dazzleflash , Spooky Aura , Wave of Relief , Wave of Panic , Disruptive Wave , Tongue Lashing , War Cry , Ban Dance , Gobstopper , Brake Wind , Mist Me , Blowback , Meditation , Song of Salvation , Amor Seco Rain , Critical Miss , Selflessness , Lingering Malhaze , Abiliterator , Showstopper , Tacticlamp , Blade Blunter , Big Banga , Wind Sickles , Thin Air , Wind Shear

snip ...

abiliterator

snip...

Does abiliterator last the length of combat, the round you use it in or a few rounds?

Edited by CoarseDragon

As cool as Mortella is, that sorta seems like a waste of an overkilling machine, yo. If you're set on doing it that way, though, then be mindful that you have a chance of obtaining balhibs from fighting Eugene Poole if you refuse his first offer and accept the second after winning. Much easier than taking the time to synthesize one of those, I wanna say.

I personally think you are better off synthing 2 bahibs then trying to get em from Eugene because I dont ever get one from him. Just my opinion.

balhib is easier to get from eugene than it is to synth one. 3 of the 4 mons it takes to synth a balhib u can scout but them gold golems ya gotta synth. just kick eugenes ass and get the monster from his invincible collection.