Sign in to follow this  
rtlyons

I would love to play this game if.....

Even if the monthly is $12, I will be playing it. Honestly, I'm still hoping that the fee gets dropped for UK, Europe and America, otherwise, it just ain't gunna sell...

I believe you can use every conceivable control method to play this game!

it would make sense to use the Classic Controller since this will be a traditional turned based RPG, and not a sword swinging Zelda game.

I believe I can conceive of ways that would not be playable. Mind-control for one...

GC Controllers dont work. The accepted control devices and their functions are here. Keyboard only functions for chatting.

Even if the monthly is $12, I will be playing it. Honestly, I'm still hoping that the fee gets dropped for UK, Europe and America, otherwise, it just ain't gunna sell...

Regardless of what the others think, this likely won't happen. Square Enix charged for FFXI on consoles, even on XBox Live, where they could have let MS handle the servers. It's going to be the same for this.

Though it will likely be less than the Japanese cost. The game won't sell well here, so there'll have to be funds to keep the servers up.

I bet in the US you don't have to get the membership unless you want things like member only items and other stuff like that.

I probably wouldn't play this game if it didn't have the DQ label because I'm out-of-date (like the reviews I've read about DQ.) Something I read is that there is no chat log in it and that communication is picked from a menu. I like that idea simply for "eye-rape before ignore" prevention. I'm expecting DQX to surprise me because DQIX did.

Also looking forward to the OST. I bought DQIX's a year before the game and plan to buy DQX's as soon as possible.

So, I pre-ordered DQX, reckon someone has to be a guinea pig, hopefully the game will work on foreign hardware and everyone will be happy!

I'll gladly play this game when it comes out on PC.

I doubt that. FFXI was dual-release, I'm fairly sure (( Like Dark Souls and some other games that came to a console first )) that we'll eventually see DQX on the PC.

So, I pre-ordered DQX, reckon someone has to be a guinea pig, hopefully the game will work on foreign hardware and everyone will be happy!

Looking foreword to playing with you! I would suggest that you look into changing the region of your Wii now to see if you can do it before the game comes out. I didn't have any success with it myself, and have now bought a Japanese Wii. but it should be possible with the right Homebrew tools (and an older Wii probably helps).

@Mimas I will have to try that on my Wii, are Japanese Wiis cheap enough these days?

FYI, I just played DQM Battle Road Victory using Gecko without any problems... except, WiFi didn't work. So, I would assume that DQX won't play online through Gecko.

It looks like you can use "AnyRegion Changer" but I will probably get a second Wii just for that.