Sign in to follow this  
NoObject

Best Team for Scouting Monsters

I was wondering what the best team to make for scouting purposes is. I've been getting irritated by synthing and grinding over and over for monsters I could scout. I want to know everyone's thoughts on the best team for scouting monsters. Obviously psycho, oomph, and high attack but pro talent scout can be helpful as well. Don't forget to keep in mind the survive ability in case the need for scouting strong monsters that can actually do damage to your team arrives.

Conkalave XY is the best IMO.

Conkalave XY is the best IMO.

Why?

Psycho Hit squad...

Psycho Hit squad...

What are the benefits of hit squad? From what I gathered it was just the same damage but more chances to miss/crit

Let me rephrase that, same TOTAL damage with less damage per hit but more hits.

Edited by NoObject

Damage caps at 2000. Fully Psyched up, you'll hit that wall pretty easily. Hit Squad splits up the damage so that the full extent of it will be factored into the scouting attempt.

Easiest way to see this? Super High Tension (100) Beetlebully and Conklave XY against one of the zodiac monsters in the Dark World. Beetlebully can ONLY add 10%, regardless if I oomph it or otherwise. Conklave XY actually gets a benefit from Oomph and adds a nice 21%.

Up there with Conklave XY is Conkettes. And after that, I suppose Clubboon Ace works well too, but it only has Hit Squad 3 opposed to the Conk's Hit Squad 4s.

Damage caps at 2000. Fully Psyched up, you'll hit that wall pretty easily. Hit Squad splits up the damage so that the full extent of it will be factored into the scouting attempt.

Easiest way to see this? Super High Tension (100) Beetlebully and Conklave XY against one of the zodiac monsters in the Dark World. Beetlebully can ONLY add 10%, regardless if I oomph it or otherwise. Conklave XY actually gets a benefit from Oomph and adds a nice 21%.

Up there with Conklave XY is Conkettes. And after that, I suppose Clubboon Ace works well too, but it only has Hit Squad 3 opposed to the Conk's Hit Squad 4s.

So basically each hit from hit has a damage cap and 4 hits means you can do a total of 8000 possible damage (assuming you had the stats) rather than 2000 of one hit? Very interesting...

Yeah. If Swarmtroop could get Psycho, you'd get to see the scouting hilarity of Hit Squad 6.

Yeah. If Swarmtroop could get Psycho, you'd get to see the scouting hilarity of Hit Squad 6.

530 max attack? You best be putting some Uber Atk boosts, Atk boost 3 and atk boost 2 on there.

Considering that a scouting Conklave XY tends to be run with Uber Attack and Attack 3, that'd be expected.

Considering that a scouting Conklave XY tends to be run with Uber Attack and Attack 3, that'd be expected.

Yeah but with Conklave XY it isn't exactly necessary to do all that work for Uber as it would be if swarmtroop had psycho. For conklave it's more of a luxury.

Given how high the scouting HP of most of the dark world monsters are, I wouldn't call it a luxury. But you're right, Swarmtroop's max attack is pretty hideously low.

That and scouting monsters have to survive. Swarmtroop has an unimpressive max attack stat. (530) but more so it has feeble HP and Def stats (360 and 380) Conclave XY has 740/600/800/680/870/610 vs Swarmtrooper's 360/240/530/380/590/310.

For Rank F's Swarms are fast and strong, but they can't take a hit at all. It'd get KO'd before you could raise it's tension enough to matter.

Edited by marhawkman

This is why my third scouting monster, a Conkettes, runs Uber Attack, Fortifier and Uber Healer. Kabuff is worth it!